• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#1 cinnabubble

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:01 AM

http://www.smh.com.a...1210-2z2pw.html

How utterly foul this government is.

#2 belindarama

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

How about the government does 'the right thing' and let's them earn a living wage?

#3 F.E.B.E

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

Unbelievable.

#4 Hayleymumof3

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:10 AM

Digging digging digging digging.  I wonder when they will realise that they have reached rock bottom they can't go any lower.

I am glad to see the vote is 95% in favour of NOT handing the money back.

What a disgusting Government once again I am left wondering if those who voted them in are proud of what this Government has done to date. (I am not talking members of EB I am talking EVERYONE who voted for this mob).

And for once the comments don't make me want to go punch something in disgust.

So much for no family worse off Under HIS Government.

Edited by hayleymumof3, 10 December 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#5 BetteBoop

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

I'm sure Mr Abbott will also do the right thing and refuse any pay increases for him and overpaid and under performing parliament.

#6 Starrydawn

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

Why can't the govt do the right thing. There should be funds for both an increase in wage which should actually be more and funding for professional skills.

How low life to be asking childcare centres to do the right thing.

#7 LionTamer

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:16 AM

Who knew there was any lower to go!?

#8 9ferals

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

This really is appalling.

My niece works in childcare and she is a caring, firm, resourceful young woman who really loves her work and goes out of her way to do things in her own time to enrich the experience for her little group.  

It's a shocking thing that she (and everyone else in the industry) isn't paid more to acknowledge the important work she is doing in helping to bring up the next generation.

#9 pippadip

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:17 AM

It's unbelievable. This government are appalling.

#10 Jane Jinglebells

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:18 AM

Another day, another new low.

#11 Hayleymumof3

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:21 AM

One of the comments hit the nail on the head.

This Government wants them to return the money so they can create training programs that CC workers will have to pay to complete to become more qualified so they leave because they are under paid for a better paying job thus keeping up with the high staff turn over.

#12 runnybabbit

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

The news today also said that Labor was now leading 52-48 on a two-party preferred basis, so the Coalition has fallen to its lowest in three years after just -- what, three months in government.

Hopefully they won't be around for another term, but the damage they have done in such a short time is frightening.

#13 Hayleymumof3

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:24 AM

View Postrunnybabbit, on 10 December 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

The news today also said that Labor was now leading 52-48 on a two-party preferred basis, so the Coalition has fallen to its lowest in three years after just -- what, three months in government.

Hopefully they won't be around for another term, but the damage they have done in such a short time is frightening.

This is part of the damage after only 3 months in Government 3 more years of this and we are screwed.

#14 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:26 AM

Surely Tony discussed this with his wife at some stage?  I wonder what she thinks?  

Although she is a woman and might get hysterical, so maybe he didn't mention it.

#15 wallofdodo

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:29 AM

To me it feels like a childish tantrum. It seems they just want to overturn anything the previous government has done just out of spite.

#16 Kat255

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

View Posthayleymumof3, on 10 December 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

One of the comments hit the nail on the head.

This Government wants them to return the money so they can create training programs that CC workers will have to pay to complete to become more qualified so they leave because they are under paid for a better paying job thus keeping up with the high staff turn over.
This is my issue with it. My son has already had 4-5 teachers this year due to turn over. The highest qualified person in his room graduated in June 2013 (a few months ago).

She is awesome, and enthusiastic but so inexperienced so when there is an issue she has nothing to fall back on.

One of the other teachers in the room (of 2-3 year olds) was asking me for toilet training strategies for her nephew(!!)

#17 ❤Indigo❤

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:30 AM

The contempt of this government is disgraceful, they don't even try to hide it anymore. Its in your face for all to see.

#18 MintyBiscuit

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

What scares me is this is before they do their full study into the sector, which you can guarantee will focus on more/cheaper places at the expense of the childcare workers expecting to provide that care.

I left the industry because I couldn't afford to get pregnant and have a child while working in it. I know many others have done the same. What do they think the end result is really going to be?

#19 Madeline's Mum

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:48 AM

This is absolutely appalling.

Childcare workers are some of the most important people in the workforce. If Tony wants to encourage "higher-earning women" to have babies as per his maternity scheme, how is making less people interested in working in this industry due to the low wages helping?!

He makes me so angry.

#20 ComradeBob

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:49 AM

Why can't we fecking well tax Gina Rinehart for this money, instead of attempting taking it off some of the lowest paid and hardest working people in this country?

And how petty and meanspirited is it to say "I don't know who let them think they were getting a pay rise?"

There are not enough asterix free words to describe my anger at this particular point in time, so I supposed gutless, heartless maggot scum will have to do :angry:

#21 AbbottProofFence

Posted 10 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

This government sickens me.

#22 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:02 PM

Why can't we fecking well tax Gina Rinehart for this money, instead of attempting taking it off some of the lowest paid and hardest working people in this country?

Bring back the mining tax!!!  And tax the banks whilst their at it.  Their profits increase year after year, based on OUR money. It just goes to show how big business and big corporations rule the country, and the "little people" can't do anything about it.  

Which is also why they hate unions.  ARGH.  At least Labor tries to even the balance a tiny bit. The pendulum is swinging WAY the other way now.

#23 Ruby red shoes

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

I am like hollyollyoxenfree. I loved working in the early childhood sector. I left to have a child and am now a SAHM. If I were to return to work my pay would be eaten up by the fees I would have to pay for dd's care.

If they want to retain passionate staff there needs to be the incentive to stay in the industry. The love of the job can only be tested so much.

#24 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

Clearly child care staff aren't "women of calibre".

#25 Agnetha

Posted 10 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

62.5 million dollars is nothing in the whole of our budget , it's mean and dishonest. The banks wouldn't even notice it. Our government wouldn't even notice it. But really , it adds to the list of the downtrodden this government likes to kick .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.