Ian Watkins, Lostprophets

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 virtuallotus

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

Just an update for those following the case. Jailed for 35 years, eligible for release in 20.

www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-19/lostprophets-singer-jailed-for-35-years-for-child-sex-abuse/5166318

#2 SlinkyMalinki

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:20 PM

I'm glad the two women involved were heavily sentenced as well.

#3 JaneDoe2010

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:31 PM

He shouldn't be allowed to leave jail. EVER.

#4 Ruf~Feral~es

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:39 PM

I'm not usually an "eye for an eye" type person, but I'm glad his public persona will make him well known within the prison community.

May his 35 years go very, very slowly.

And same for the two "mothers" involved.

#5 Hayleymumof3

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:45 PM

http://www.abc.net.a...x-abuse/5166318
(for those who like me the Op's link didn't work)

I am glad he got such a long time.

#6 Squeekums Da Feral

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

View PostRuffles, on 19 December 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

I'm not usually an "eye for an eye" type person, but I'm glad his public persona will make him well known within the prison community.

My bold, I thought the same thing

#7 Floki

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

Yes. Along the lines of "Who's a pretty boy then?"

I want to know why he got all the attention in this case? The women were just as culpable and vile in this. What parent allows this - nay - makes it happen? Why did they get lesser sentences?

#8 EBeditor

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

He'll only be 56 when released. I only hope he can achieve some sort of rehabilitation in that time.

No words for the kids of parents who would hand their babies over to a monster.

#9 SnazzyFeral

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

View PostAquaticInca, on 19 December 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

Although I am hoping for a cunningly sharpened bic to the artery in the groin via his penis personally.

I don't think the women will have a good time of it either despite not being famous.

#10 Hayleymumof3

Posted 19 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostRuffles, on 19 December 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

pity they have a separate safe prison with in a prison for these people, they found that if word go out that they were in for the other prisoners tended to take matters into their own hands.

#11 Floki

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:58 PM

pity they have a separate safe prison with in a prison for these people, they found that if word go out that they were in for the other prisoners tended to take matters into their own hands.
Why would this be a bad thing for this sort of "person"?

#12 BetteBoop

Posted 19 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

View PostAquaticInca, on 19 December 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

I want to know why he got all the attention in this case? The women were just as culpable and vile in this. What parent allows this - nay - makes it happen? Why did they get lesser sentences?

One was a minor (aged17) I think and the judge seem to accept coercion or manipulation was a factor.

It's such an ugly story it's almost hard to believe anyone could be so twisted.

I feel heartbroken thinking about the babies involved. At some point they will find out about this.

I wonder if their mothers will have any rights to access when they're released.

#13 Floki

Posted 20 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

One was a minor (aged17) I think and the judge seem to accept coercion or manipulation was a factor.
Unless the mother grew up in an environment where sex with young children was the norm I wouldn't have accepted that as any excuse.

I wonder if their mothers will have any rights to access when they're released.
I hope those children are given new names and adopted out under strict closed adoptions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.