Little Bwok's Birth Story!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:20 AM

POPULAR

Well here I am 10 days after giving birth…

I don’t know where to start, but it wasn’t an easy pregnancy. Not only was there worry all the way through, it was topped off with the medical problems as well. But I’ll leave that for now.

I always had a sneaking suspicion that I would need a caesarean from the word go – so it was no surprise when my OB told me I’d be having one – but he wouldn’t give me a date as he didn’t think I would make it to full term. At 28 weeks I got the talk about Pre Eclampsia and was told if I make it to 32 weeks it would be good, if I made it to 34 weeks it would be the icing on the cake.

Then I got sick and everything seemed to go downhill from there. I was put into hospital for a couple of days to monitor, not only me, but the baby as well. Then my OB made the decision that the baby would be given the ‘Eviction Notice’ at 35w5d – so I made it past the 34 week mark. I was discharged from hospital and asked to come back each day for a CTG of the baby and BP checks. I also had to take my BP 3 times a day at home. I was on a high dose of BP medication that was zapping me of my energy and the swelling was getting more and more uncomfortable. I started the steroid injections to help mature the baby’s lungs on the Wednesday in prep for the delivery on Monday.

The couple of days I was at home, I tried not to think too much about the delivery. But all I know is that I wanted to hear my baby cry – that’s all – that’s pretty much all I wanted for Christmas! But nobody could tell me if I would and if the baby would be whisked off to Special Care straight away!

Day of Eviction

I woke up quite calm about it all – which surprised me as I can be quite anxious at the best of times. My sister was meeting DP and I at the hospital. She said she would be there about 8am so she could be there when I came out from the op – but I got a message from her at 5.30am that she couldn’t sleep and was on her way. Somebody was just a little bit excited.

DP and I arrived at the hospital and I said to the nurses ‘If you see a crazy excited bouncy lady – don’t call the psych ward, it’s just my sister and can you send her in!’

I was asked a couple of days beforehand if I would wax the lady garden. I told them the last time I waxed down there I injured myself. So the night before I decided to use the electric lady trimmer in the garden, but I had to do it by feel and bloody cut myself! *rolls eyes* so the nurse had to shave me. So my sister went and sat in the bathroom whilst the nurse hacked through the bush! :p

Then my Dad arrived at the hospital. My Dad! My Dad doesn’t do hospitals – so that was a surprise. He too was just excited. It was like my family had started drinking Yippee juice on the way in. Nurses must of thought my family were crackers – well they aren’t far from it!

The anaesthetist came in and starting going through what to expect and the ‘worst case scenario’ because of my medical problems! DP had it heard it before from my OB, but I don’t think my sister liked hearing it. But also I didn’t like the anaesthetist – bedside manner he will not me renowned for.

Then it was time to be wheeled off for the surgery and that’s when the tears started – I thought to myself ‘No! Get yourself together and try to enjoy the experience – this is your first and only time to enjoy this!’ I could also see DP was getting a bit nervy as he went very quiet.  Then as they were wheeling me out of the room my sister got a call and all the nurses and I heard was ‘Oh I can’t, I’m at the hospital, my sister is about to have her baby!’ The word ‘baby’ was a high pitched ‘BABBBEEE’ – which all cracked us up!

As they were wheeling me into surgery, I saw a humidity crib waiting and the tears started again – and the panic was starting to creep in.

They got me to sit on the side of the operating table, put DP on a stool between my legs and held my hand! Then they said ‘put your chin down onto your chest and lean forward!’ Are you kidding me – lean forward – have you seen how big the front of me is? DP decided to distract me and just as the epidural went in he thought that would be the perfect time to get a close up photo of my face. Good one! Then I heard him say ‘Yep it’s going in!’ Think I may have squeezed his hand a bit too tight. Then I had to sit there until my legs went numb. It was the weirdest feeling ever – then they flipped my legs and laid me down on the bed! Totally freaked the sh*t out of me – I thought I was going to fall. Then they angled the bed to the side – so it felt like I was going to slide off the table. Then they started to prep my stomach and all I could feel was a pins and needles sensation where ever they touched me.

Then I wanted to cough! Dear god – I couldn’t – I had no feeling in my ribs.

Then up went the sheet, DP was to the right of me, talking to me, listening for me (I am deaf in my left ear and the noise from the room was all blending into one so it was all really loud.) so I just tried to concentrate on what he was saying. Then I heard ‘Ok now you will feel some pressure in the top part of your stomach!’ Pressure? It felt like they were trying to squish me until my belly popped out my bum.

Then I heard someone say something was out and then the rest is out and then…

The cry! The cry that took my breath away! The one thing I had so desperately wanted to hear happened.

Then I sobbed! I cried so much I didn’t think I would catch my breath and the baby was brought to me for a quick look and was taken by the paediatrician to be checked out. Then I remembered to ask ‘What sex is it?’

It’s a girl!

I didn’t expect it, I thought they would have to whisk her away, but they gave me skin on skin whilst they stitched me up! So I got to see the lovely newborn puffiness up close and to hear her cry. I just kept on saying ‘Hello my Little One’ ‘I’m sorry you had to come out early!’…

So, not so Little Shae Elizabeth arrived at 9.12am, 6p12oz and aspagars of 8 to 9 on the 23rd December at 35w5d.

I have now officially the door on the 16 year journey of TTC and opened a new one!

** there are photo's of Little Bwok in the Good News section that TZ posted!

Edited by Bwok~Bwok, 28 February 2014 - 10:36 PM.

#2 Hands Up

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:24 AM

Congratulations, I am very pleased for you and your DP. Just amazing news.

#3 Therese

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:27 AM

I got all teary (again). Welcome to the world precious girl. So many people have been waiting to hear of your birth.

Enjoy motherhood Bwok-Bwok :)

#4 Rachel70

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

That is such a emotional story. Wishing you and your family all the best.

#5 Mortificado

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:30 AM

Congratulations Bwok-Bwok and thank you for sharing your story. Welcome little Bwok!

#6 Neriah

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

So incredibly happy for you. I'm sure there are a lot of people who, like me, have been checking regularly for updates. Such a hard road with a beautiful happy ending. Congratulations again Bwok Bwok on the birth of your baby girl.

#7 mildred76

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:34 AM

Wow, thankyou for sharing your birth story.
I have followed your journey since i realised that we have similar stories. I had been TTC for over 15 years, I am now 35weeks pregnant after succesful ivf. I also have a large fibroid.lol
I was so excited when i read your baby had arrived safely. It bought back to me that my turn is almost here.

Can i ask you if your Fibroid caused any problems during or after the ceasar? Did you have any excessive bleeding once baby was born?

Congratulations on finally having your dear precious baby. I know exactly how you felt before her arrival and I can only imagine how you feel now that you have her in your arms.

xx

#8 Penguin78

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:41 AM

Congratulations. Beautiful story. Teared up when you described the cry. How wonderful.

Enjoy x

#9 TinCat🐱

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

So amazing,  I am so delighted for you both. Congratulations!

#10 Mille-Mille

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

You made me cry when you mentioned 'the cry', congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 Rilla

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:50 AM

Congratulations to the whole Bwok Bwok family :)!

#12 Astrocyte

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

Congratulations to you and your family!!!! Shae Elizabeth is an absolutely gorgeous name.

#13 anniej3

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:56 AM

Wow, what an amazing birth story, I have tears in my eyes and I had known nothing of your journey until now. Congratulations on your wonderful baby girl

#14 Ellie bean

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

View Postanniej3, on 02 January 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

Wow, what an amazing birth story, I have tears in my eyes and I had known nothing of your journey until now. Congratulations on your wonderful baby girl

Yes same here! How wonderful! What a beautifully written story. Wishing you and your baby girl all the best. I hope you print this story for her to read when she's a grown woman, she will know how much you loved her even before she arrived :)

#15 raven74

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:23 AM

How fabulous - so happy for you all.  She was a good size foe under 36 weeks!  Well done!

#16 Bwok~Bwok

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:32 AM

View Postmildred76, on 02 January 2014 - 10:34 AM, said:

Wow, thankyou for sharing your birth story.
I have followed your journey since i realised that we have similar stories. I had been TTC for over 15 years, I am now 35weeks pregnant after succesful ivf. I also have a large fibroid.lol
I was so excited when i read your baby had arrived safely. It bought back to me that my turn is almost here.

Can i ask you if your Fibroid caused any problems during or after the ceasar? Did you have any excessive bleeding once baby was born?

Congratulations on finally having your dear precious baby. I know exactly how you felt before her arrival and I can only imagine how you feel now that you have her in your arms.

xx

In regards to the fibroid - it did give me some grief afterwards. OB did warn me it would. It felt like someone punched me in the stomach after the c/s, and my tummy now is a bit tender to touch (not the wound site) - but nothing some AI's can't fix. As for the bleeding - I had a flood when I stood up for my first shower - but after that, it wasn't too bad. It was like a heavy AF.

One thing I recommend is asking the hospital for one of those tummy pressure sock things. It made a huge difference as it took pressure off the wound and it wasn't so painful to move.

HTH

#17 Chazee

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

Lovely birth story, congratulations. :)

#18 Lyra

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

These aren't tears in my eyes. Nope. Just a bit of dust. Honestly.

Congratulations xxxxx

#19 ~*bella*~

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

Lovely story bwok. Nice size for a few weeks early. Well done Hun I hope your proud of you, cos EB strangers certainly are xxx

#20 BellO'Nromze

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:32 PM

How beautiful. Congratulations again and all the very best for the motherhood journey!

#21 spring_rain

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

Congratulations Bwok!!  Wishing you a speedy recovery from your C/S  :excite:

#22 Oriental lily

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:56 PM

I have tears.

Lovely retelling of a wonderful experience.

Congratulations again.

#23 Guest_Cat_Blessed_*

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

Congrats Bwok! So happy for you :)

#24 Jessie_T

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:00 PM

This is the best news ever. I admire your strength and determination it get you princess. I hope things are smoothe sailing from now!

#25 Loz07

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:11 PM

Nothing in my eye either...

*sniff*

Congratulations bwok bwok and family :)

Edited by Loz07, 02 January 2014 - 07:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.