*EB Members seeking a Midwifery or Doula Student 2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#1 lucky 2

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

Hello,

If you would like to have a trainee Doula or Midwifery student follow you through your pregnancy and birth please post your details here including the area you are in and your EDC.
Posting personal contact details is not permitted but you will be able to communicate via the pm system.

It would be appreciated if you could edit or remove your post once you have made an arrangement with a student or trainee.

We hope this makes it easier for both members and trainees/students.

Kind regards.

This is a new thread, the old thread is linked below-
http://www.essential...doula-students/

lucky 2

#2 lucky 2

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:07 PM

Please note that 3 members have recently posted in the old thread in an effort to make contact with a Midwifery Student or Doula in training.
The link is in the post above.
Those members are welcome to repost in this thread.

Kind regards,

lucky 2

#3 tinysquares

Posted 22 January 2014 - 02:34 AM

Hello, student doulas! I'm 32 weeks' pregnant in Melbourne, and interested in supporting students to achieve their professional aims :)

#4 British_Kiwi

Posted 28 January 2014 - 07:07 AM

Hi

I am 20 weeks pregnant with my second child. I had a very good experience with a student midwife last time round and I am looking to do the same this time round.

I am originally from the UK so have no family support here (though my Mum should be coming over closer to the time) and am based in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne. I will be birthing at Box Hill Hospital though my midwife appointments are in Lilydale.

My toddler is 17 months and very active but thankfully my pregnancy is going very smoothly so far.

Kind Regards
Mel

#5 mozzoro

Posted 30 January 2014 - 11:55 AM

I'm 12 weeks pregnant with my first baby, due mid August.
Looking for a student midwife or doula located Adelaide Southern Suburbs. Booked in to have baby at Flinders Medical Centre, aiming for natural birth.

EDIT: will most likely now be having an elective cesarean due to an encephalocele diagnosed at 14 weeks

Edited by mozzoro, 20 February 2014 - 08:14 PM.

#6 Me & 5!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

Hi there. I'm currently 16 weeks pregnant with my 5th  baby and would love to have have a student midwife this time around. I am due aug 1st and will be delivering at the mater mothers brisbane.

Thank you :)

#7 thorneth

Posted 22 February 2014 - 08:16 AM

Hi - I'm sixteen weeks pregnant with my second baby, due date of 7th August 2014. I am in the Southern NSW Local Health District and expect to deliver at the Goulburn Base Hospital. It would be great to have a student doula or midwife follow me in this pregnancy. Thanks!

#8 Wanting#3

Posted 05 March 2014 - 04:19 PM

Hi all

I'm interested in maybe having a student with me through this pregnancy

I'm 24, This is my second pregnancy and I'm currently 11+1 weeks.

It will be good to have someone else when in labour as DH may have to nip in and out for DS depending on time of day etc.

I'm booked in at the angliss in upper ferntree gully, and my EDD is 23 sep.

Thanks for reading :-)

#9 mollo

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:11 PM

Hi there, just wondering if there are any student midwives still looking for pregnancies to follow?

I'm 17w - due August.  Would be happy to share the journey with a student midwife.

I'm based in Seth East Melbourne, and will be having baby at Dandenong.

#10 Making Memories

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:44 AM

Hi,

Like others would be happy to share my journey with a student.

I'm 10 weeks pregnant with my second child, and am in Adelaide

#11 Cindy1014

Posted 15 March 2014 - 05:08 AM

Hello, my name is Cindy and my due date is 11/11/2014. I live in south East Melbourne and will be delivering at the warragul hospital, this is my 3rd baby.

#12 Alanna_N

Posted 15 March 2014 - 06:58 PM

View PostMaking Memories, on 14 March 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

Hi,

Like others would be happy to share my journey with a student.

I'm 10 weeks pregnant with my second child, and am in Adelaide

I have sent you a message - I am a student midwife in Adelaide.

#13 FeralSingleMum

Posted 15 March 2014 - 07:11 PM

Hi :)

I'm Emma and I'm Prefnant with my third baby. I'm due the 1st July and having the baby at Logan Hospital. My situation is a little bit complicated (to do with my personal situation not pregnancy - please PM for more details) but I'm interested in helping a student midwife.

Thank you :)

#14 Mortificado

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

Hi midwives and doulas! I am 31, pregnant with my first baby and delivering at SJOG, Murdoch, due 21 Sep 14.

I have had an easy pregnancy so far but would love support and guidance leading into and in the labour!

Thanks,
Clare

#15 MrsDamonSalvatore

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:08 PM

Hi! I'm Amanda and am currently 10 weeks pregnant with my second child, due 7/10/14

I'm located in Canberra and would love to have a student midwife/doula of there's anyone in my area! :-)

Thanks!

Amanda

#16 Selinarra

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:30 AM

Hi :)

My name is Vanessa and I am 25 years old. I am 10 weeks pregnant and this will be my first baby.

I live in the northern suburbs of Melbourne and will be delivering at Northpark Private in Bundoora.

I'd love to help a student so please PM if you are in the area and interested.

Vanessa

#17 Oh My......

Posted 17 March 2014 - 09:42 AM

Hi

I am currently 8 weeks pregnant due 25/10/14 and live in Canberra. Happy to have a student widwife.

#18 Scaredbutexcited

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

Hi there,

I'm in Sydney, 13 weeks pregnant with my first and would love to discuss sharing the experience with a student midwife.

I'm due on Sept 26 booked into the birthing centre at RPA. Pls PM me if you're interested.

#19 Harmony1

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:26 AM

Hi,

I'm 31 week pregnant with my second child, due on the 7th of June at Liverpool Hospital.

I am looking for a student midwife/doula to support during my late pregnancy and labour.

Please pm me if you are interested to help.

Thank you.

Edited by Harmony1, 14 April 2014 - 10:13 PM.

#20 sunnysarah

Posted 03 April 2014 - 05:25 PM

Can't figure out how to delete my post :)

Edited by sunnysarah, 07 April 2014 - 11:45 AM.

#21 beth.brampton

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:32 PM

Hi student doulas I'm 15 weeks pregnant with my second child and Im looking for student to experience my upcoming Oct birth with me in brisbane

#22 Wanting#3

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:00 AM

If any melb ladies are looking for student midwife please pm me, as I have someone looking for a pregnant lady!

#23 jag04

Posted 09 April 2014 - 02:05 PM

Hi I am in Victoria, delivering at West Gippsland Hospital (Warragul)

Currently 15 weeks, first pregnancy after IVF and would be keen to share the experience with a student midwife or doula.

#24 Furfeathersfleece

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:34 PM

Hi
I'm in western Sydney and 11 weeks pregnant. I'd be happy for a student to follow my pregnancy. Pm me if you're interested.

#25 MrsLightyear

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:38 AM

Hi,
I'm 10 weeks pregnant with my second baby. I live in central Victoria and will deliver at Castlemaine hospital or, if the pregnancy becomes high risk, at Ballarat base hospital. I would love a student midwife to join us through our pregnancy and delivery.
Please pm me if your interested :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.