FYOS 2014 thread number 2

• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

#1 Therese

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

Welcome to your new thread. Your last thread is here

I hope all your little ones have a fantastic transition to school.  I also hope it isn't too tough for you (or them :))

#2 newphase

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:02 AM

Silver :-)

2 more sleeps. I am getting sad now. I have been hanging out for him to start school ( mainly has been getting a lot naughtier of late as he is so bored he needs school) now he is going I will miss him being nearby.

Edited by newphase, 28 January 2014 - 11:05 AM.

#3 gabbigirl

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Just dropped my big girl off to school for the first time. She was great.  Her little sister cried and cried. Bless her.

Edited by gabbigirl, 29 January 2014 - 05:41 AM.

#4 newphase

Posted 28 January 2014 - 11:41 AM

Oh so cute gabbigirl.

#5 karkat

Posted 28 January 2014 - 12:20 PM

Beautiful picture!

DD1 and 2 were both up and dressed this morning by 6.30, I honestly thought it would've been earlier!!

DD1 was amazing this morning, although she did get quieter ad quieter in the car as we got closer to school. Luckily as we pulled up, one of her friends pulled up too so that seemed to break the tension a bit. Once in the classroom she seemed quite happy, put stuff away and started to play, had a little moment when she came over and held onto my leg but was easily distracted to some mobilo and no tears/distraction needed when we left before the bell (had to get DD2 to kindy)

DD2 on the other hand, lots of tears, breaks my heart, but I know she'll love it once she settles in.

Unfortunately the weather up here is terrible, pre-cyclone/tropical low, so not sure how much outside play they'll get today, which is a shame as both the girls were really looking forward to that the most.

Hope everyone else's first days are going well or are enjoying the last few days before school starts.

#6 lynneyours

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:31 PM

Friday start for us - DD1 is so excited and so ready.  

We went and bought Clarks school shoes today - I still remember being measured and buying their shoes as a child.  
We went to Myer and they were $65 which I thought was really good.

#7 newphase

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

$65 is a super price, my sons Clarks cost $110.

#8 mycrazylife

Posted 28 January 2014 - 03:57 PM

Monday start for us.  she already wants to pack her bag!

#9 CupOfCoffee

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:13 PM

My daughter came out of her first day laughing and full of stories.

When she got to school this morning, I knew straight away that she was going to be ok.  She found her desk, sat down and was ready for instruction.  

Although she was disappointed not to go to the library today.

#10 GoneWithTheWhinge

Posted 28 January 2014 - 04:30 PM

Monday start for Miss 5, going in tomorrow morning for a math test.

Bag is packed, clothes are ready and waiting. Not sure if it is me or her who is more excited about it! She thinks it is dreadfully unfair that Miss 7 gets to go back tomorrow, her logic being that the older kids should go later as the kindy kids have had less school so they should get the extra days. Long may that enthusiasm last!

Great that your little girl had such a good day Cupoofcoffe

#11 Mynewname

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

Mine starts tomorrow. She's very excited and got her bag packed and ready to go. Another one who hopes they remain this keen and eager!

Good luck everyone.

#12 aluminium

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:30 PM

First Day of Kindy today. My LO ran off without saying goodbye! I called her back for a hug. She is so confident. She didn't even care that NBN were there filming :)

After school today, she was chit-chatty happy and looking forward to tomorrow!

Now, if only I wasn't so tearfully sentimental and emotional!!

:)

#13 gabbigirl

Posted 29 January 2014 - 05:41 AM

My little girl loved her first day. Except she keeps calling her teacher Mrs Nudie.  Her name is Mrs Moody.  
:)

#14 cristina86

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:23 AM

-

Edited by cristina86, 07 February 2015 - 03:52 PM.

#15 cristina86

Posted 29 January 2014 - 09:26 PM

-

Edited by cristina86, 07 February 2015 - 03:52 PM.

#16 newphase

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:39 AM

Well off to 1st day of school soon, see how we go.

#17 mayahlb

Posted 30 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

We don't start until Monday yet. But something seems to have clicked the past week and everything is about counting and numbers and adding and taking away, though nothing higher then ten yet. So hopefully he keeps up with it in his class. I think it is the literacy side of things I stress he isn't going to cope with. I really think it is probably more stressful for me rather then him with him starting school.

I am glad that others have found the first few days above gone well.

Cristina - do they let the kids wear dangles maybe? At Tristan's school they don't have to wear covered shoes until the older years. T has a pair of air flex sandals for school. And half the class will probably turn up wearing thongs. But we live above the 26th parallel in the tropics so it could be different.

#18 cristina86

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:26 PM

-

Edited by cristina86, 07 February 2015 - 03:51 PM.

#19 newphase

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:37 PM

All went well 1st day of school, he didn't cry and seemed quite confident so I am a happy Mum.

Christina - well done to your daughter, it's good to have a sound reader.

Gabbigirl- lol re Ms Nuddie. Glad it went well.

Aluminium - glad your daughter had a good day. What's the filming of NBN (broadband??) you speak of?

Cupofcoffee- I am glad you got all the stories, I had to pump DS for info re his day. I think he was well and truly stuffed by days end though. I got he drew a picture out of him.

#20 gabbigirl

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

Thanks for everyone's updates.   Well, I hit a bit of a wall today when my little girl came out, introduced me to her new best friend.  A beautiful little girl who happens to live in the same street as us.  I freaked out as the realisation hit me, that these decisions and more won't be under my control any more.  She is her own little person, and will be making her own decisions.  I can't vet her friends any more!   Freaks me out.  But I better get used to it!

#21 Ianthe

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:37 PM

My boy doesn't go until Monday but we have his best start assessment tomorrow. I am vacillating between being really excited and really sad.

#22 *Lena*

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

My son started today. He went off happily when his buddy (year 6 student) came to get him. He said he had a great day. He still loves his teacher (she is an unreal teacher I did my internship with her many many years ago).

Tomorrow I will have 2 gone for the day. My 2nd son will be at pre school too. I won't know what to do with myself with only 2 at home. I am going to mothers group for the first time ever. I am excited about doing something for me!

#23 lynneyours

Posted 31 January 2014 - 10:48 AM

DD1 had her first day today.  She is so very excited and was awake at 3.30am asking if it was time to go to school yet?
She was fine, I cried.

Edited by lynnemine, 31 January 2014 - 06:36 PM.

#24 *Lena*

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:35 AM

Day 2 wasn't so successful. Yesterday he (all kinder) started  later so all the other years where in class. Today with all the other kids playing he didn't want me to go. For some reason when I am there he wont go play with his friends. They will come up to him but he won't leave me. The bell went just after we got there and put his bag away I planned it this way. I was leaving about out the gate I turned around and he was behind me teary eyed. One of the teachers took him back to his line and I left. He was like that all pre school I was hoping it would stop.

#25 newphase

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:15 PM

Ds had tears this morning.  He didn't want to go, he wanted to stay home with me and play with his lego. Argh.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.