Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:22 PM

How wonderful!  Congratulations and best wishes to your family of 5! x

#28 Guest_canadianmum_*

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:30 PM

Oh, I am crying now, so happy for you!
All the best. xxx

#29 6lilhillbillies

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:09 PM

I didn't notice the change in years, so was wondering how he got here so quickly, lol.

Congratulations! I had my last at 40 and DH was 49.  He is one next week and oh so gorgeous.

Have fun baby snuggles!

#30 opethmum

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:23 PM

I am so happy for you. congrats on your little boy! Thanks for the update.

#31 Puzzles

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:28 AM

Yay congrats!

#32 Puzzles

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:31 AM

Yay congrats!

#33 yoohooyou

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:25 AM

Thank you to everyone who commented and followed this thread originally. I usually wonder what happened with these discussions!

Edited by yoohooyou, 15 February 2015 - 07:41 AM.

#34 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:42 AM

DH was a surprise honeymoon baby for his 43yo mum and 50yo dad..... This was very rare in the early 1970s, especially for a first!

Glad you are happy OP!

#35 FeralAlpacaWarrior

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:42 AM

Congratulations! I had an unplanned pregnancy last year, my health was not great, but I miscarried at 7 weeks. I would do anything to be holding that baby right now. It would be about a month old.

#36 Fizzwizz

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:51 AM

Hi everyone about to have number 3 in a few weeks and I'm 44 with a 10 year old and 14 year old! Don't worry this one wasn't planned however neither of us were on permanent contraception so was supposed to be. We are trying to keep fit and healthy and I've been far more relaxed this time around, I wish all of us older mums the best. It's actually quite funny when people ask how old I am I throw back how old do I look? Mostly people too embarrassed to guess or guess 39. There are heaps of older mums around so we don't feel out of place especially as it's so obviously not our first.

#37 Beeeeeez

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:42 AM

Hi OP, I am almost 42 and have a 8 month old, although mine was planned and long awaited. I know how you feel being stuck at home and feeling old for all this, however I really get a lot of joy spending time with my little one and wouldnt have it any other way. That said I wouldnt know what to do if I fell pregnant again so completely understand you there. Try to sit and work out what would be the best for you and how would you feel either way of the decision. Wish you all the best.

oops, just realised this was old thread!! Congrats OP!!

Edited by biancabee, 15 February 2015 - 11:31 AM.

#38 Nepheline

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:22 AM

I didn't realise I was reading an old thread until the wonderful update! What a nice suprise. Congratulations op, enjoy every moment with your little one.

#39 Holidayromp

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:34 PM

Congratulations op. I was pg like you when I contr towards this thread. Like you I had a baby boy.  He is the apple of my eye and our fourth and final addition to our family.
He's seven months old, a boobie monster in size 1 clothing and walker sized nappies.

#40 the abc

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:52 PM

So happy for you OP. Thanks for the update and wishing you every happiness with your little one

#41 c.sanders

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:10 PM

Think how wonderful it's going to be to see all your children together. ...it makes my heart melt every time. Ds2(2.5months) just stares at ds1(28months) all day...tries to talk to him and call him...Ds1 just jumps around trying to entertain ds2....I just love it. You will manage.....it's ok...

Maybe u could consider cheaper holidays and maybe travelling in Australia?  

I personally think that you can't really calculate how much money you miss out on/it costs because of the Long term happiness and joy of a baby. ...it is immeasurable and uncompareable

#42 Fizzwizz

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:23 PM

What a lovely thread!

#43 JustBeige

Posted 31 March 2016 - 06:13 AM

Locking as old thread dragged up by spam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.