Suburb/School help please!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cordeliad

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

Edited by cordeliad, 18 April 2016 - 11:30 PM.

#2 cordeliad

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

Edited by cordeliad, 18 April 2016 - 11:30 PM.

#3 mypigeonpair01

Posted 08 February 2014 - 04:47 PM

Our niece goes to a primary school near CDU(walking distance) - it think it's Nakrar. Nephew's CC is within walking distance of the school. They were living in Marrara, however rent was ridiculous so they have bought a place. They can walk from home to CC to school then CDU.
When we visited in 2012, I remember that everything goes off - SIL shops almost daily because any more than bare minimum in the fridge is rotten within a day as it simply can't keep it cold enough.

#4 Mumzone

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:25 PM

X

Edited by Mumzy2one, 06 April 2014 - 10:56 PM.

#5 AngeS85

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

I live in Rosebery and it is a great area. There are a lot of families, family friendly areas, parks, etc. There's a water park with slides and water play areas in Palmerston, and then another in Leanyer which is even better, best of all they are free!

I was born here, spent a bit of time down south (parents in the RAAF) but have been back here since 2000. Sorry pigeonpair but the whole fridge thing is so wrong, I think perhaps your SIL has a dodgy fridge! Things last just the same as they would in a fridge anywhere else. Only thing is we have to keep a lot of things in the fridge that you wouldn't necessarily have to down south (for example flour/sugar/open packets of cereal).

I used to go to Palmerston High and it had a bit of a bad rep but that was literally 14 years ago so I am not sure about now. There is also Rosebery Middle School and MacKillop College here as well. A lot of Senior school students (yrs 10-12) go to Casuarina Senior College, I went there for year 11 and 12, it's a great school.

Hope I've helped with some of your questions, happy for you to PM me if you would like to know anything else. We love Darwin! The heat can get a bit much in the Wet Season but nothing a bit of aircon can't fix :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.