*MIDWIFERY STUDENTS Seeking EB Members 2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#1 lucky 2

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:44 PM

Hello,

Happy New Year and welcome to EB!

If you are a Midwifery Student who is seeking EB members to assist with your course requirements you are welcome to post your request here.

Under no circumstances are you permitted to approach pregnant members via pm unless they have first made contact with you, either by pm or on the boards.

Please ensure that you ask members to PM you for further information.
It is for safetly reasons that any personal contact details will be removed.

Remember to include details of the areas you are willing to cover, by State, region etc.

This is a new thread, a link to the old thread is below-http://www.essential...ing-eb-members/

Good luck with your studies :) .

lucky 2

#2 beaustudentmidwife

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:20 PM

Hi everyone,
My name is Beau and I am a passionate student midwife at Southern Cross University. I am in search of generous women who may be interested in having me follow your pregnancy journey in what is known as 'continuity of care' experience. There are many benefits for you in having a student midwife including having the extra support and the comfort in having a familiar face throughout your very special journey. As your student midwife I will attend a minimum of 3 antenatal appointments, your labour and birth (if you choose), and attend a minimum of 2 postnatal visits. There is no cost, participation is entirely voluntary and you can change your mind at any time without providing an explanation.

If you will be birthing your baby at Tweed Hospital, Mullumbimby & District War Memorial Hospital, Murwillumbah District Hospital or you are planning a homebirth with a private midwife in the Gold Coast/Tweed Shire, you are 36 weeks pregnant or less, and you would like to consider having a student midwife follow your journey then I would love to hear from you.

If you have any questions or would like to discuss having me as your student midwife, please send me a private message.
Warmly
Beau

#3 A Student Midwife

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

Hello!

My name is Amanda and I’m a student midwife at ACU in Melbourne. We have a Continuity of Care program that engages pregnant women from the community. At its core, the program aims to facilitate relationships between student midwives and women, that follow through from the antenatal to postnatal period. This is because the latest research indicates that these relationships are beneficial for both the woman and baby.

As a student midwife I can support you through your pregnancy by being there for you at appointments, discussing issues with you, listening to any concerns and helping you create questions for your care provider. I can provide research on any issues as I have access to all the latest research through university databases. I can also provide support at your birth in any capacity you need ie I can provide direct support to you or I can provide support to you partner/birth support person while they are supporting you. I cannot provide advice.

This service is completely FREE. The benefit to me is that I get to be a part of your pregnancy journey and learn all I can from the experience. I am supported through my university by my lecturers who are all midwives as well as by a midwife mentor. You are also free to discontinue the program at any time.

A bit about me: I completed a degree with honours in French translation before I felt the call to midwifery. I love learning about different cultures and have lived in both France and Vietnam. I hope to use my midwifery skills to work overseas- especially in developing countries where they are so badly needed. I grew up in NZ where my mother had two homebirths, so my ideas around birth culture are quite different to the prevailing attitudes in Australia. I believe that women should have the right to choices about what is best for their bodies and their babies and should be supported in these choices eg financially with homebirth. I like to keep fit and active and to challenge myself in life.

If you are interested, or would like to know more, please send me a private message.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Amanda

Edited by A Student Midwife, 26 May 2014 - 11:33 AM.

#4 connor1994

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:20 PM

Hi lovely ladies,
I'm a 3rd year (female) nursing/midwifery student at UQ. I'm currently seeking women who would be happy to take part in a Continuity of Care experience - this basically means they will allow me to attend antenatal/postnatal appts, provide help and support throughout their pregnancy, and also attend the birth (if comfortable). It is a completely confidential experience and you can withdraw at any time.
Continuity of Care Experiences are mutually beneficial, providing you with a familiar face and extra support throughout the entirety of your pregnancy. If you are giving birth at the RBWH, Mater Mothers' or Ipswich Hospital between September 2014 and October 2015 and would be interested in participating, I would very much like to hear from you.
Thanks so much, Connor :)

Edited by connor1994, 05 August 2014 - 04:47 PM.

#5 BrisStudentMidwife

Posted 26 February 2014 - 10:34 AM

Hello. Posted Image
Congratulations on your pregnancy, it is such an exciting time!

My name is Tobie-Jane and I am in my second year studying at Griffith University to become a midwife. As part of my study I have the opportunity to follow a number of women through pregnancy, labour and birth, and continuing to six weeks after their baby is born. It is a wonderful experience for me and also for the women I follow, as we are able to develop an ongoing partnership together. I am able to learn their hopes and wishes, and support them in their decision making to achieve the best birth for them and their baby. It is an invaluable learning experience, giving me the opportunity to see the childbearing journey from the woman's perspective and observe the outcome of the decisions and care that takes place.

This year I am looking to work with Brisbane women who will be birthing between early August and early October, either at Logan Hospital or at home with a private midwife. I will attend a minimum of five antenatal appointments, will be on call to attend your labour and birth, then will visit three times after your baby is born, including the six week postnatal check-up.

There is no cost to participate in the program. Taking part is entirely voluntary, and you can withdraw at any time without affecting the care you receive. Qualified midwives and doctors will be primarily responsible for your care at all times, while I will provide continuity of care between the various practitioners you see and participate in some aspects of your care, under supervision, with your consent. I would love to hear from you if you have any questions or would like more information so please feel free to send me a private message.

Warm blessings for a beautiful pregnancy and birth,
Tobie-Jane

Edited by BrisStudentMidwife, 26 February 2014 - 10:46 AM.

#6 aimz77

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:15 PM

Hi ladies, My name is Aimee and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Midwifery at the University of Queensland at the Ipswich campus. I am in my 3rd year.

A large component of my degree is being with and following 20 women through their pregnancy. Part of this is being at 5 antenatal visits, birth, and 2 postnatal visits. I would be there for support throughout your whole pregnancy, your labour, birth and postnatal care.

If you would be interested in this or have any questions to ask, please to not hesitate to reply to this thread. I will be forever grateful for the chance to be able to share this amazing journey of pregnancy with you, all while gaining a wealth of knowledge and experience to one day make myself a brilliant midwife!

Aimee xx

#7 Purple Caterpillar

Posted 07 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

Hi, my name is Rachael. I am a Registered Nurse and I am studying a Graduate Diploma of Midwifery through Central Queensland University in partnership with Nambour General Hospital.

A requirement of the midwifery program is that I provide Continuity of Care (CoC) to 20 women during the course of their pregnancy.  To achieve this it is expected that I will spend 10-20 hours with each CoC women throughout their pregnancy, labour, birth and early parenthood (up to six weeks).

Participating in the CoC program would mean that I would attend a minimum of three antenatal appointments with you, be present for your labour and birth and visit with you twice within four weeks of your baby’s birth.  I will observe and participate in the provision of care only with your consent and under the supervision of a qualified midwife or doctor. This will allow me to provide you with continuous supportive care throughout your pregnancy which is proven to be beneficial to both you and your baby.

To participate in the CoC program with me you must be 34 weeks pregnant or less and planning to birth your baby at Nambour General Hospital.

The CoC program is completely cost free and taking part is voluntary. If you do sign up to the program and later decide it is not for you you can withdraw at any time.

If you would like to sign up to the program or would like more information feel free to send me a PM.

Cheers,
Rachael :)

Edited by MidStudentNambour, 24 April 2014 - 11:20 AM.

#8 bmannixf

Posted 11 March 2014 - 05:53 PM

Hi there,
I am a second year nursing & midwifery student from Deakin University Melbourne (Burwood).

I am looking for willing pregnant ladies who are open to the idea of having a student follow their pregnancy - this involves spending a minimum of ten hours with you at your antenatal appointments/classes, throughout your delivery (optional based on your comfort level) and during the initial post natal period.

If you are interested in finding out more information please send me a pm.

Thanks,
Bodhi

Edited by lucky 2, 11 March 2014 - 06:15 PM.
r/o email address as per forum rules

#9 michelleeer

Posted 12 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

Hi ladies!

My name is Michelle and I'm a third year nursing and midwifery student at the University of Queensland. As part of my course, I'm required to undertake 20 continuity of care experiences to meet the national requirement to register as a midwife in Australian. Continuity of care aims to enable midwifery students to attend and observe the care provided to women and their families during the pregnancy journey. These experiences offer continuity and the development of a trusting and supportive relationship between a midwifery student and mother.

The expectations and commitment from women participating in this experience is completely voluntary, therefore at any point you can pull out.

Should you agree to participate in this experience, you will be required to engage in:

- A professional relationship with a midwifery student, who can accompany you to a minimum of five antenatal appointments, provide support during your labour and birth, and attend at least two post-natal check-ups. My role as the student following your pregnancy journey is entirely up to you. I can be involved in as much or as little as you choose and only provide clinical midwifery assistance with your consent and always under the supervision of a Registered Midwife. If we have conflicting schedules then casual meetings are also acceptable to communicate the appointments.

As a student I do not replace your primary caregiver. A consent form must be signed and again you a free to withdraw at any point and your ongoing maternity care will not be affected. During the experience you will share personal information with me. This information is treated in confidence, being used solely for my own educational purposed with all names being initialed.

I'm a happy and bubbly person who finds it easy to communicate with everyone, loves babies, pregnancy and am very conscientious regarding appointment times and maintaining communication. I'm located in South Brisbane and looking for women all around Brisbane. Email me regardless where you live and we can try to work something out.

I'd love to hear from all you lovely ladies (and partners) out there! Thanks for reading and hope you (or someone you know!) might be interested in helping out a student midwife!

#10 EmilyCross

Posted 17 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

Hello, my name is Emily and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Nursing and Midwifery at the University of Queensland Ipswich.

As a requirement of my studies I am to follow 20 women through their pregnancy. This would involve attending antenatal appointments, the birth and at least 2 postnatal follow up visits. I would act as another support person or familiar face at each of the appointments as well as the birth.

I am currently looking for women birthing at Ipswich Hospital QLD who are no more than 28 weeks pregnant.

If anyone is interested in having me follow-through your pregnancy it would be much appreciated!!  My details can be obtained if you reply to this link!
Thank you!

#11 MaddieMidStudent

Posted 18 March 2014 - 11:10 AM

Hi Melbourne Mums attending St Vincents Private

I am a Registered Nurse with a woman focused background who has started studying Midwifery, as a part of my Post Graduate Diploma I need to follow 20 women through their pregnancy. Attending scans, Dr’s appointments, birth and postnatal care. I am currently working in the Delivery Suites as an RN/Student Midwife. I would love to form a relationship of trust with you, providing you with support, advocacy and just an ear for whenever you need to talk. So if you are looking for some support and chocolate I am your lady. I would be honoured to be given the opportunity to be apart of your pregnancy experience. It is such an important part of life and I would like to think when I have finished my degree I will always have your advice, experiences and expectations influencing my practice. I strive for exceptional care and giving control back to women. I will not fall short at researching any of your questions and putting you through the right avenues to make your transition as simple and relaxing as it can be. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you for taking the time to read this :thumbs: :waves:

#12 StudentMidwifeADL

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:50 PM

Hello expecting mums!

My name is Bek and I'm a Midwifery student at Flinders University in Adelaide.

As part of my education I'm required to follow women throughout their pregnancy, labour, birth and postnatally under direct supervision of your chosen midwife or doctor. Not only does this provide a great opportunity to learn, it provides you, the woman, with an opportunity to experience a continuity of care.

This means that you will get to know me, your midwifery student, who will offer you support. Sharing your thoughts and feelings over this time with a designated midwifery student will give you the opportunity to develop a one-on-one relationship which most women find to be a positive and reassuring experience. There are even statistics which go to show women experience a more enjoyable pregnancy in a continuity of care model!

If you are interested in having me as a student midwife to share this special time of your life with you then please send me a message on here! Just click my username and press send message :)

Wishing you an incredible experience,
Bek

#13 StudentMidwifeMelb

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

Hi my name is Michelle and I’m a student midwife at ACU in Melbourne, as well as a mother of two. I’m seeking women who would like the support of a student midwife during their pregnancy by participating in the Continuity of Care program (CCE).

As your student midwife my involvement in your pregnancy is fully guided by your needs. Generally, I’ll come along to 2 antenatal and 2 postnatal appointments. Taking part does not require that I attend your birth.

Participating in the CCE program is free and all information is confidential. In exchange for the learning experience you give me, I’m able to offer support. If you are interested in participating in the program send me a pm and I can provide further information.

#14 Trainee Midwife

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:50 AM

Hello,

I am a first year midwifery student at ACU in Melbourne (St Kilda area) and have a background in herbal medicine and nutrition consultation. I am passionate about supporting women through pregnancy and birth so they may reflect on the experience with pride and a sense of achievement. Additionally, I am enrolled in The International College of Spiritual Midwifery, have attended calm birth classes and am a mother to one 7 year old boy.

As part of my degree I am asked to provide a Continuity of Care experience by following a woman's journey through pregnancy, birth and the post natal period. My role is to be 'with woman', this is a caring and sharing relationship that is based on a women's personal birth choices. I can work with all birth models and as a student I am supported by a Registered Midwife employed by the University. Ideally I would attend 2 antenatal appointments and would be very pleased to attend the birth if invited to do so. I would also maintain contact for 4-6 weeks after birth if invited to do so.

The Continuity of care experience is a beautiful program for building relationships and sharing knowledge and has been shown in studies to enhance outcomes in labour and birth. The program is free and a woman can withdraw at any time without question.

I look forward to hearing from you. PM me for further details.
Nin.

#15 Jessie Midstudent

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:20 PM

Hello,

My name is Jessie, I am a 2nd year Student midwife currently studying at ACU in Melbourne. I am looking to hear from any women who would be interested in recieving one-to-one support and care from a student midwife. I have been fortunate enough to provide support for 8 lovely women so far, which were all rewarding and so beneficial to my learning!
About me: I am 22 living in Geelong/surf coast region and come from a family of 10 kids (step siblings included), I am very active and an overall positive person who is passionate about becoming a strong, caring and great midwife, and that's when your help comes in!

If you are interested in recieving pregnancy support please PM me.
thankyou kindly

Edited by lucky 2, 09 April 2014 - 09:57 PM.
removal of email address

#16 MaddieSMidwife

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:59 PM

Hi everyone,

First of all, congratulations to you all! I hope you are feeling excited and not too nervous! I'm Maddie, I'm a student midwife at Monash Uni in Melbourne. I'm sure a lot of you have already heard about student midwives and what we're all about but I'll go over it again just to be sure!

As part of our course we are required to "follow" 20 women through their pregnancies, births and after bub is born. They call it a "continuity of care" folio. We are required to spend 20 hours with each women involving appointments, ultrasounds, classes and (if you feel comfortable) the birth. It is completely non intrusive and we are only there for support and for our own personal learning experiences. We can basically be as involved as you are comfortable with! You are also free to pull out of the program if you feel uncomfortable with it all.

A bit about me... I'm a first year nursing-mid double degree student. I'm very open-minded, friendly and really just want to be there to give you support! I won't give you false information if I don't know the answer to a question but will be sure to find out for you! I hope I can help out a few of you ladies :smile:

Let me know if you're interested  :smile:

#17 ctig

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

Hi!  My name is Pauline.  I’m a registered nurse and a student midwife at ACU in Melbourne.

An important part of my degree, and my development as a midwife is my participation in a Continuity of Care experience (CCE) programme.  I am seeking women (who are less than 35 weeks pregnant) that would be interested in receiving one-to-one support from a student midwife during their pregnancy.  Whether you are planning a home birth or hospital birth, vaginal birth or caesarean section I can be there for you to provide you and your family with support throughout the pregnancy, birth and initial postnatal period.

Please note: if you choose to participate in this programme, you remain in complete control of how involved you would like me to be in your journey.  Furthermore, please be assured that your complete confidentiality will always be maintained.  If you change your mind about participating, you are able to withdraw from the programme at any time - no questions asked.

If you are interested, please get in contact with me via PM and I can let you know a little more about the programme and answer any questions that you may have.  
I am located in the north west of Melbourne but I am willing to travel.

I look forward to hearing from you :smile:

#18 michellemid

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:17 PM

Hi Ladies,
I am a registered nurse and studying a postgraduate diploma in midwifery at LaTrobe University. As a part of my studies I am required to support and follow several women throughout their pregnancy journey. The experience is an essential part of our learning and allows you to experience continuity of care, by developing an ongoing relationship with a student midwife.

I am looking to meet pregnant women who would be interested in me accompanying them to antenatal appointments, ultrasounds, child birth education classes, postnatal visits and as a support person during labour if you wish.

I am looking for women planning to give birth at the Royal Women's Hospital in Melbourne as this is where I am placed.

If this sounds like you or someone you know please pm me!
Thanks Michelle

Edited by michellemid, 28 April 2014 - 11:19 PM.

#19 alanam

Posted 11 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

Edited by alanam, 21 November 2014 - 03:15 PM.

#20 natalyajane

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:24 PM

Hi ladies,
I am a midwifery student at ACU Melbourne and I'm seeking any woman who would like to have a student midwife with them through out their pregnancy.
PM me if anyone is interested.
Congratulations to all of you and best of luck :)

#21 bmannixf

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:27 PM

Hi there ladies!!
I am a second year female nursing and midwifery student looking for women in Melbourne and the surrounding suburbs (preferably eastern or northern suburbs) who are up to 35 weeks pregnant.
As a requirement for my degree I must follow 5 women through their pregnancy. This involves attending antenatal and postnatal appointments and the birth (if you and your family are comfortable) for at least 10 hours.
If you would be interested, feel free to PM me :-)
Thanks!!!!

Bodhi

#22 TanyaLC

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:54 PM

Hi ladies,

My name is Tanya and I'm an 18 year old first year nursing and midwifery student studying at La Trobe University in Melbourne. As part of my four year double degree, I'm required to follow 20 women through their pregnancy. This would involve me attending some antenatal and postnatal appointments, and possibly the birth (if I'm lucky enough to be invited!). By volunteering in this program, you would be providing me with invaluable learning experiences, and I would also be an extra support person to you, as well as just having a familiar face around! My level of involvement in your pregnancy is completely up to you, and you can withdraw from the program at any time.
I'm based in the western suburbs of Melbourne but am willing to travel.
If you're less than 35 weeks pregnant and this sounds like something you or someone you know might be interested in, I would love to hear from you!
You can send me a pm. :)

Thanks for reading, and congratulations on your pregnancy!
Tanya

Edited by lucky 2, 18 June 2014 - 06:58 PM.

#23 emilysharples

Posted 11 July 2014 - 07:25 PM

Additional support throughout your pregnancy - Brisbane Student Midwife.

Hi,

My name is Emily and I am a second year midwifery and nursing student from the University of Queensland. As a part of my studies, I am involved within the continuity of care experience program. This program allows students to support women throughout their pregnancy, by attending antenatal and postnatal visits as well as being involved during labour and birth.

The continuity of care experience does not replace your primary health care provider, however provides you with additional support and a familiar face throughout your pregnancy. This is a voluntary program and if you decide to take part, you are free to withdraw at any time.  

My clinical school is at the Mater Mothers’ Hospital, South Brisbane. However, I can attend other hospitals within the Brisbane area.

If you think you would be interested or have any further questions, I am happy to provide you with more information. You can contact me via PM and I can give you my contact details.

Thank you,

Emily :)

#24 krissy92

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

Hi there,

My name is Krissy and I am a second year midwifery and nursing student from the University of Queensland. As a requirement of my degree, I am involved within the continuity of care experience program, which allows students to support women throughout their pregnancy, by attending antenatal and postnatal visits as well as being present during labour and birth.

The continuity of care experience does not replace your primary health care provider, however provides you with consistency and a familiar face throughout your pregnancy journey. This is completely voluntary and if you decide to take part, you can withdraw at any time.

My clinical school is at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, however I can attend other hospitals throughout Brisbane.

If you think you would be interested or have any further questions, I am happy to provide you with more information. You can contact me via pm.

Thank you,

Krissy :)

Edited by lucky 2, 11 July 2014 - 09:34 PM.
r/o email address as per forum rules

#25 StudentTelly

Posted 18 July 2014 - 02:21 PM

Dear lovely mums to be,

As someone who is pursuing the most wonderful, humbling, fulfilling and beautiful career in the world, I'd feel privileged to offer my skills and knowledge to you.

Final year UQ midwifery students can provide emotional and physical support during your pregnancy. UQ offers an amazing experience for both mums (plus their family) and students, aptly named the "continuity of care" program. I will 'follow you' throughout your pregnancy experience, supporting you through your antenatal period and then when the time comes, be privileged to be part of the birth of your little bub. Lets not forget some extra support in your postnatal time when you are getting to know your new little one!

It would be my absolute pleasure to offer you an extra bit of support to make your pregnancy and birth the best it can be.

I am based at the Mater Mothers Hospital in Brisbane. If this sounds like something you are interested in, please contact me via PM.

Kind regards,
Telly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.