*MIDWIFERY STUDENTS Seeking EB Members 2014

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#26 studentmidwife2014

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:18 AM

Hi EB mummies,

I am an experienced nurse and enthusiastic post-graduate midwife student looking for Melbourne ladies having their babies in 2014 that would like some extra support through the antenatal, labour and birth (your choice) and postnatal period as part of my continuity of care experiences. It's all about seeing this journey from your perspective which can only make me a better, more understanding and compassionate midwife.  

It you are interested and have any other questions send me a PM.
Look forward to hearing from you.
:smile:

#27 kerrieSM

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:20 PM

Hello
My name is Kerrie and I am a student midwife and mum of 3 children. I am studying at ACU in Melbourne and would love to hear from anyone that is interested in having a student midwife to provide support through their pregnancy, birth and postnatal period. Generally I would attend at least 2 of your antenatal appointments and two postnatal appointments with you. It is up to you how involved you would like me to be beyond that and I would respect your choices. I have previously accompanied 10 women through pregnancy, birth and in the postnatal period. I live in Bayside Melbourne and would love to meet members due in November/December. I see it is a true privilege if allowed to be part of your journey. Please PM me for further information. Thanks:)

#28 MidwiferyStudent75

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:18 PM

Hello, my name is Sarah and I'm a Midwifery student in Melbourne. Im looking for pregnant women in the Eastern suburbs of Melbourne happy to have a student midwife support them by  participating in our Continuity of Care (CCE)/ Follow Through program.  

I have 3 children of my own.  The CCE program provides me with fantastic opportunities to learn from pregnant women  - facilitating me to become the passionate midwife I aspire to be.

I look forward to hearing from anyone interested and I can provide you with more information.

Thank you! :bluestork:
Sarah :)

Edited by MidwiferyStudent75, 28 July 2014 - 11:49 PM.

#29 Elz85

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:15 PM

Hi, I'm a Registered Nurse and currently studying Midwifery in Melbourne. I'm looking to follow pregnant women throughout their pregnancy, labour and follow birth. I am very passionate about Midwifery and I enjoy working with women. I will be able to offer you support and a friendly face. This experience will help me develop into an outstanding Midwife. The program involves me attending at least 2 antenatal appointments and a postnatal appointment.

If you are interested, less than 35 weeks pregnant and live in the Melbourne area please send me a pm.

Edited by lucky 2, 07 August 2014 - 10:20 PM.
r.o contact details as per forum rules

#30 sophmidwifery

Posted 12 August 2014 - 10:17 PM

Hello Ladies, my name is Sophie and I am currently in my second year, studying a dual degree in Nursing and Midwifery at the University of Queensland. As part of my course, I must complete 20 continuity of care experiences. A continuity of care experience is an ongoing relationship between myself the student, and you the woman, from early pregnancy, through to the immediate weeks following the birth.
As the student, I do not replace your primary care provider; I am simply there to learn, be a familiar face and provide extra support to you and your family through this ongoing relationship. My aim is to attend at least 5 of your antenatal appointments, the labour and birth and one or two postnatal visits.
I am a very caring and down to earth person that is passionate about midwifery and ensuring the woman and her family have an enjoyable pregnancy journey. My placement hospital is the Royal Brisbane and Women's hospital, however i can attend most hospitals in the Brisbane area!
If you are interested or simply want more information, do not hesitate to message me! i greatly appreciate you allowing me to be apart of such a special journey!
Thank you, Sophie

#31 melmidwifestudent

Posted 13 August 2014 - 02:18 PM

Hello lovely ladies

My name is Melanie, located in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne, and I am studying nursing/midwifery this year at Monash University. Part of my midwifery degree is to ‘follow’ 20 women from when they are pregnant such as attending prenatal appointments for example, (as well as the birth itself if I am fortunate), throughout until the first few weeks after birth. If you are interested and willing to let me join in on your beautiful journey, then could you please pass PM me so that I could give you all the necessary information. Looking forward to hearing from you Posted Image

Edited by lucky 2, 13 August 2014 - 07:05 PM.
r/o personal contact details

#32 Kateep

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

Hello mums,

My name is Kate and I am a registered nurse and  a student midwife in Geraldton, WA. I am seeking women to provide continuity of care for throughout their pregnancy, birth and post natal period. This opportunity provides me with valuable experience, while providing you with support and a familiar face during this exciting time. The level to which I am involved is at your discretion.

Please contact me if you are interested or have any questions. I look forward  to hearing from you!

Thanks,
Kate

Edited by lucky 2, 14 August 2014 - 10:19 PM.
r/o contact details as per the EB forum rules

#33 lucky 2

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:21 PM

This is a general reminder to Mid Students posting here- please read the first post in this thread prior to posting and follow the instructions.

You are not permitted to post personal contact details, this is for your protection.

Regards,

lucky 2

#34 amy.mwstudent

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:56 PM

Dear mums (congratulations!),

My name is Amy and I'm a registered nurse and student midwife based in Perth, WA. I too am seeking women to take part in the Continuity of Care experience; a program that allows me to provide care and support to women (and their partners) throughout pregnancy, labour and birth, and the postnatal period.

I am passionate about empowering women, and would love to contribute in any way to a positive birth experience for you and your baby.

If you are less than 35 weeks pregnant, live in the Perth area and feel interested in sharing your journey with me, please get in touch via PM.

I would love to hear from you!

Amy

Edited by amy.mwstudent, 18 August 2014 - 08:55 PM.

#35 Michelle's

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:03 PM

Hello ladies,
My name is michelle, I'm a first year midwifery student at ACU Brisbane and am looking for women who would allow me the privilege of following them throughout their pregnancy. I can be involved as much or as little as you are comfortable with including antenatal appointments, labour and birth and postnatal visits and you can withdraw at any time. I am placed at the redlands hospital however I am willing to travel. If you are interested or would like more information please don't hesitate to PM me. Thank you!

#36 OliviaBradford94

Posted 01 September 2014 - 09:41 AM

Hello Brisbane mummies !
I am a third year midwifery student seeking lovely women to join UQ's Continuity of Care Program at the Royal Brisbane Women's Hospital.
I would love to share this journey with you and provide extra support throughout your pregnancy and birth whilst being an advocate for your wishes and needs.
Please contact me I can't wait to meet you :smile:  

Olivia xxx

#37 Kez***

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:13 PM

Hi Ladies,

My name is Kerryn. I am a mother to 3 girls and I am a passionate midwifery student at ACU Brisbane. I am seeking woman to follow them through their pregnancy and the first couple of weeks after the birth of your baby. My assigned hospital is Redcliffe, but I am happy to travel to all other northern suburb and inner city hospitals. I would love to share this special journey with you. To provide extra support your pregnancy and birth and those special first weeks. Whilst being advocate for your wishes and needs.

Please pm if you would like further details

Kerryn

#38 Georgie89

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:01 AM

STUDENT MIDWIFE SEEKING PREGNANT WOMEN!
Hi ladies,
My name is Georgie & I am a second year midwifery student at ACU in Melbourne. I am a registered nurse & I have been practicing for over 5 years now.
I am very passionate about midwifery & woman centred care.
As a part of our course we are required (honoured more like it) to follow women throughout their pregnancy, birth & post natal journey.
I will provide support for you during your pregnancy & birth & be a familiar face for you.
I can attend antenatal appointments, birthing classes, or catch up for a coffee if you need to debrief & have a chat.
I am a very easy going person, always willing to have a chat.
I have 3 nephews whom I adore & have had the privilege of caring for loving & of course spoiling from day dot.
I am not assigned to any particular hospital & am very flexible in terms of location & type of birth i.e. Hospital birth or home birth.
I have witnessed births during my career & still manage to shed a tear when mum & dad see baby for the first time, or have their first cuddle.
Please PM for more details.
I hope to hear from you soon!
Thank you,
Georgie

#39 Michaela101

Posted 11 September 2014 - 06:14 AM

STUDENT MIDWIFE SEEKING PREGNANT MUMS

Hi Mums and congratulations on your pregnancy,

My name is Michaela and I am a second year Midwifery/Nursing student at Deakin University in Burwood Melbourne. As part of my degree I am asked to provide a Continuity of Care experience by following a woman's journey through pregnancy, birth and the post natal period. I can attend antenatal appointments, birthing classes, or catch up for a coffee if you would like to debrief or have a chat. I am looking for pregnant women in the South Eastern suburbs to support and encourage through this exciting journey. I do not replace your primary care-giver and you are free to withdraw from the program any time you do not feel comfortable with it. I can be as involved in as much or as little as you like - I am simply there to learn, encourage you through your pregnancy and be an extra support if you would like. Learning to respect and listen to your birthing choices is important to me as it will help me become a more caring and compassionate midwife. I am not assigned to any particular hospital and I am flexible in regards to location and type of birth experience. Seeing a life come into this world is one of the most beautiful things and an incredible privilege. If you are interested in helping me please PM for more details.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Kind Regards
Michaela

Edited by Michaela101, 11 September 2014 - 06:15 AM.

#40 jbaby

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:37 PM

Hi ladies, My name is Jacqueline and I am currently studying a Bachelor of Midwifery at the  Victoria University at the St Albans campus. I am in my 1st year and live in the western suburbs.

A large component of my degree is being with and following 20 women through their pregnancy. Part of this is being at 3-4 antenatal visits, birth, and 1-2 postnatal visits. I would be there for support throughout your whole pregnancy, your labour, birth and postnatal care.

If you would be interested in this or have any questions to ask, please to not hesitate to reply to this thread. I will be forever grateful for the chance to be able to share this amazing journey of pregnancy with you, all while gaining a wealth of knowledge and experience to one day make myself a brilliant midwife

#41 stephsmiles101

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:22 PM

Hi mums to be!

My name is Stephanie and I am currently in my final year studying a Bachelor of Midwifery at ACU in Melbourne and am seeking women who are pregnant to possibly be apart of the Continuity of Care experience (CCE) program.
The CCE program allows student midwives (like myself) to accompany women who are pregnant (you!) to some of their antenatal and postnatal appointments and possibly their birth if they wish.
My role would be to support and assist you and your partner in anyway possible and learn from you and your pregnancy. This will help me in becoming a more knowledgeable and confident midwife to be, while in return I'll be a constant support for you. There are no costs involved.

So if you're birthing in November or December this year and you're interested I'd love to hear from you! I am located in the western suburbs of Melbourne, but am willing to travel a little further out if need be.

Please pm me.
if you have any questions or are interested.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Stephanie :)

Edited by lucky 2, 15 September 2014 - 10:01 PM.
r/o contact details as per the EB forum rules

#42 connor1994

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:32 PM

Hi lovely ladies,
I'm a 3rd year (female) nursing/midwifery student at UQ. I'm currently seeking women who would be happy to take part in a Continuity of Care experience - this basically means they will allow me to attend antenatal/postnatal appts, provide help and support throughout their pregnancy, and also attend the birth (if comfortable). It is a completely confidential experience and you can withdraw at any time.
Continuity of Care Experiences are mutually beneficial, providing you with a familiar face and extra support throughout the entirety of your pregnancy. If you are giving birth at the RBWH, Mater Mothers' or Ipswich Hospital between September 2014 and October 2015 and would be interested in participating, I would very much like to hear from you.
Thanks so much, Connor :)

Edited by connor1994, 23 September 2014 - 06:32 PM.

#43 larissa_midwifery

Posted 10 October 2014 - 11:39 PM

Hi my name is Larissa. I'm currently in my third year, of the bachelor of midwifery and nursing with UQ.

Through the UQ continuity of care program third year midwifery students can provide both emotional and physical support. I will 'follow you' throughout your pregnancy experience, supporting you through your antenatal period and then when the time comes, hopefully be privileged to be part of the birth of your baby. I will also be available to provide support into the postnatal period as well.

If you are planning a birth at the RBWH and this is something you are interested in please feel free to contact me via pm.
I am looking for pregnant women at all stages whether you are in your first trimester or in the middle of your third!

This program will provide you not only with a familiar face and continuous support across your pregnancy journey it will also provide me with an amazing learning opportunity. Follow through experiences are a great way for students to learn about the importance of continuative care and how best to advocate for women’s choices. On top of this they are wonderful for soon to be parents as  we are available to answer questions and provide even more support during your pregnancy and labour.

Hoping to hear from you soon,

Larissa

Edited by lucky 2, 11 October 2014 - 11:03 AM.
r/o email address as per forum guidelines

#44 ann567

Posted 25 October 2014 - 08:02 AM

Good morning/evening all,

My name is Anna and I am a third year midwifery student looking for mothers to participate in a Continuity of Care program. This is a fantastic opportunity for mothers to receive extra care and support during their pregnancy and after bub is born.

A bit about me: I am in my late 20's, kind ,caring, approachable and really looking forward to sharing this wonderful journey with you.

Please send me a message- no question is silly or too small Posted Image

Thanks!

Anna

Edited by lucky 2, 25 October 2014 - 10:58 AM.
r/o contact details

#45 Sarah.Schoerie

Posted 04 November 2014 - 09:30 PM

Hi,

My name is Sarah. I am a second year nursing/midwifery student at the University of Queensland.  
Part of the course requires students to find pregnant women willing to let students be a part of their experience. This is the continuity of care program. The program requires students to attend 4 antenatal visits or doctors appointments, be there for the birth and 2 postnatal visits.

If you are interested or have absolutely any questions do not hesitate to contact me!

This is a great program, as it allows mums and dads to have a bit of extra support and ask any questions they may a feel are a bit silly.

About myself - I live in Brisbane. I am currently 20 years old. I consider myself a pretty nice person and a good listener. I am passionate about my degree and hope I can be a part of your amazing experience!!

Kind regards,
Sarah

Attached Files

#46 Cayla-rae

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:41 PM

Hello!

I am going into my second year of midwifery next year in Perth. I am extremely passionate about women's health and love supporting and guiding women through the beautiful journey of pregnancy and labour.

If you live in Perth and are interested in having a student midwife, please dont hesitate to send me a message. I am more than happy to answer any questions that you may have!

I have now birthed 7 babies, and have accumulated over 200 hours of experience over the last year with prac, labours, postnatal checks, antenatal appointments and preparation for birth classes. I have also experience with both c-section and vaginal birth at St John of God Subiaco and Murdoch, Joondalup Health Campus and Armadale Hospital.

Look forward to hearing from you,

Cayla

Edited by Cayla-rae, 01 December 2014 - 09:42 PM.

#47 amandapace

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:51 PM

Hello :)

My name is Amanda. I am a third year nursing/midwifery student (going into my fourth year next year) at the University of Queensland, based at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital. As a part of my course I am required to recruit pregnant women to follow their pregnancy, birth and postnatal journey. This allows me to provide you with support, practice my midwifery skills and is a great learning experience for me. It is also good for you as it gives you a familiar face throughout your pregnancy and extra support. You would also be helping me out a lot, as I have to do twenty of these before I can graduate!

If you are having a baby at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital and are before or equal to 30 weeks gestation I would love to hear from you :) You can contact me via pm.

Thanks,
Amanda

Edited by lucky 2, 10 December 2014 - 06:00 PM.
r/o personal contact details as per EB Forum Rules

#48 carlastmidwife

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:36 AM

My name is Carla and I have just completed my first year of studying a Bachelor of Nursing/Bachelor of Midwifery at the University of Queensland in Brisbane.

Throughout the Midwifery part of my dual degree, we are encouraged to take on Continuities of Care with pregnant women. Within this, our aim is to support these women, assist with their care throughout their pregnancy, and ensure that their opinions and choices about their pregnancy and birth are known and the number one priority.

This Continuity of Care includes the attendance of 5+ antenatal appointments, being there for both your labour and birth, and the attendance of 2+ postnatal appointments. All of these will remain under the care of your chosen health practitioner, however I will also be there to support and assist completely free of charge.

I am currently placed at the Mater Mother’s Hospital, so if that is where you are planning on having your baby, then that would be perfect. If not, I would still love to hear from you, as travelling to other hospitals is not an issue.

If you are pregnant (or know of anybody else who would be interested), and want any more information, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

I would be extremely privileged to be involved throughout your journey! I hope to hear from you soon.

#49 lucky 2

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:13 PM

Hi, I have started a new thread for 2015. :)

Carla, you might want to copy and post in the new thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.