From a male perspective

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Inkling

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:57 PM

I know this is a long shot because it doesn't look like people post here much but I'm looking for a male perspective.

In short DH has had anger issues and a lot of them and I get a lot of advice from woman saying
I should leave and not tolerate etc

I'm just looking for the male perspective on what goes through a mans head when yelling and name calling or not dealing with anger issues? I know men and woman are programmed differently and I think by walking away I'm defusing a situation but then was recently told by a male that walking away is antagonizing it. Very confused. Feel free to look at post history about DH's past behaviour to get a better understanding

Edited by TimeForAChange, 10 March 2014 - 09:58 PM.

#2 Mondayitis

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:04 PM

I don't think male and female anger, as an emotion is any different. We all get angry. just that those who don't lash out at others have learned at an appropriate age that it's not okay to lash out at others and we mature and learn to deal with our anger in socially responsible ways.

#3 Buff Daddy

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

Would agree with Mondayitis - how people react in anger isn't a male v female thing.  It's a choice.

When I get angry sometimes I feel I want to lash out verbally and/or physically.  But I would never do that on another person.  I'll walk away, yell at an inanimate object and get my frustration out that way and then go back and talk things out.

Buff  :smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.