1st baby prem - was your 2nd also?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 angelinaballerina

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

DS was born at 30 weeks due to IUGR - emergency c-section. Spent almost 10 weeks in the NICU and SCN.

I was monitored very closely with DD, however she was born 39 weeks - only 1 week early because it was a scheduled c-section.

So, it isn't always a foregone conclusion that subsequent babies will be born early like your first. But it can happen.

#27 CountryBumpkin

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:18 PM

I had 2 term births before going into labour at 25 weeks after a big bleed with number 3, it was stopped but my waters broke at 30 weeks and i had an emergency c section. no reason for the uterine infection, just one of those things. I've had 3 term births since, and hope to get to 39 weeks minimum with this one :)

#28 AmazonBabe

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:13 PM

My eldest was born at 34w due to pre-eclampsia and IUGR.

My second was born at 41+2!!!

#29 Elle232

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:06 PM

Was just searching for info on a 3rd preemie baby and my old post came up!

Just thought I'd update for those that were interested, DD2 was also born early. I went into labour at 33 weeks (which was stopped with nifidepene) then again at 34 which was also stopped. I went on to have her with no issues at 35 weeks.

I am currently 27 weeks with my 3rd so will see what happens this time around. My OB has said that 2 prems all but guarantees a 3rd. Just hoping it doesn't get earlier.

#30 EmmDasher

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:52 PM

OP, just wondering whether you've had the progesterone treatment this time or any of the other times?

My DD was born at 35 weeks (PPROM after early labour was stopped at 34 weeks). No reason given and no history of prem births in the family.

I have number 2 onboard and my ob has put me on weekly progesterone injections from 20-32 weeks to reduce the risk of a second prem baby. 30 weeks and counting so far.

#31 Babyno4

Posted 06 May 2016 - 06:09 AM

My first was 40+2 PROM
Second was technically pprom at 36+4
Third was pprom at 32+4.

I'm now 33 weeks today with my fourth.

Progesterone was discussed but because my early babes are caused by waters rupturing than labour it was decided it would be that that beneficial for me to take it. So we haven't.
I haven't gone into labour by myself ever.

#32 Elle232

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:34 AM

I haven't had progesterone and my OB has never raised it. I have heard of it though, I might ask him when I see him next. It may that they found no reason for my premature births other than an 'irritable uterus'. Everytime I have gone into labour it was spontaneous labour (so contractions just randomly started)

#33 Mrs Lost Wanderer

Posted 06 May 2016 - 10:25 AM

Girlo, on 10 April 2014 - 08:26 PM, said:

My obstetrician said something similar. Once doesn't mean two will be, but if it happens twice then chances are a third will be early too.

This is what I was told too.

DD1 was 33+2
DD2 was 34+5
DD3 was 35+1
DS was 36+4

No known reason why. I just cook them fast.

#34 Jessie_T

Posted 07 May 2016 - 10:43 PM

My daughter was born at 31w3d. Unfortunately my son was born at 17w3d.

#35 LambChop

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:14 PM

First 31 weeks 'spontaneous labour'
Second I went in to labour at 30 weeks but caught it early so managed to lie around in hospital until 33 weeks.

Obs said with #3 highly unlikely at make it to 30 weeks.  That's when I stopped.

The 'reason' is pretty important I was told, for me, seems my womb doesn't want full term babies.

#36 Freddie'sMum

Posted 20 May 2016 - 10:25 PM

DD#1 was born at 36 weeks. She weighed 1.7 kgs.

For an unknown reason she wasn't growing in utero.  I was sent for scans on a weekly basis. My lovely OB said - at the 32 week mark - "if baby doesn't grow soon we will bring baby out".

Of course she grew a little bit just to show him !!

DD#2 was born at 39 weeks.  She was 3.2 kgs. Healthy as an ox.

I remember reading that a 40 week pregnancy was based on a 28 day menstrual cycle. I could be wrong on that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.