Trampoline recommendations

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Tender Heart

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:31 PM

We are planning to purchase a trampoline, but are looking for some recommendations.  (Have tried the EB search engine for previous threads of the same, but am only getting threads where the word trampoline is randomly used.)

Is the net on the outside of the trampoline better than on the inside?

Are the springs better than the "straps" arrangement?

Is 10' large enough for an older child (nearly 11)?

Thanks for any advice / suggestions. :)

Edited by tickly_rain, 15 April 2014 - 04:32 PM.

#2 mumtojanda

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:41 PM

We had a Vuly for 4 years and it has needed a new mat and 2 new nets or maybe 3.  We had a 10 foot and it just got too small for my 9 and 12 year old.

Last November we decided to go for a large oval Springfree trampoline.  Best decision and I wish we had bought this first. This will last my kids until they are adults.

Edited by mumtojanda, 15 April 2014 - 04:41 PM.

#3 archyandmehitabel

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:54 PM

If you have big boobs, don't do it.

Oh...

It's about BUYING a trampoline.

as you were

#4 Sentient Puddle

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:55 PM

Also have had a spring free for about 6 years I think. Apart from a little moss covering the net and bird poop I should clean off the mat it is in the condition we purchased it in and it does get used a lot.

#5 Tender Heart

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:00 PM

Might have to review the size then as the 11 year old will definitely want to use it too.

mumtojanda, why did you opt for a Springfree over a larger Vuly?  

Hadn't heard of Action, unicycle.  Will do some fossicking on that front.

#6 Hypnic Jerk

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:05 PM

We have a Jumpsport.  LOVE IT.

http://www.awesomepl...polines-16.aspx

#7 Sentient Puddle

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:06 PM

I think you will find the Springfree have very long lasting mats and nets - apart from some complaints about black stuff coming from the mat - I havent heard any complaints about the quality and longevity .  They are not cheap though - that for most people is the sticking point.

#8 Tender Heart

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:13 PM

Thanks ILBB.  They are significantly more expensive, but if the mats/nets don't need replacing often, then the ongoing costs are minimal.

#9 lilsunniegirl

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:14 PM

I won on the Essential Kids website a Vuly Thunder trampoline.. we LOVE it!!!! It has leaf spring, so no way he can get hurt.. even when he jumps right to the edge,.. the net is super strong, and the mat has awesome bounce, but images so you can play games.. we also have the tent so we can have sleep overs...

Best prize ever!!!!!

#10 Tinselonthefloor

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:18 PM

Definitely recommend the spring free. We have had ours for almost 5 years and it's still in fabulous condition- surviving snow, ice etc. We bought the large oval one- one of our best "kid" purchases ever. Even my mid teen daughters still love to use it.

#11 mumtojanda

Posted 15 April 2014 - 05:43 PM

We opted for large oval spring free over large Vuly because our other one hadn't held up especially the nets.  My children do gymnastics, tumbling and trampolining and the oval shape seemed better for them to do their tricks and routines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.