Loom band kits

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 mummo

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

Hi can anyone tell me what the genuine name of these are? And also the best place to buy the full kits?

#2 cinnabubble

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:46 PM

There seem to be Bandalooms and Rainbow Bands. You can get them in Lincraft (online as well) and in every two dollar shop in Sydney.

#3 lucky 2

Posted 30 April 2014 - 10:59 PM

Rainbow bands.

#4 Monket

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

There is also one called a funloom, $15 at big w.

#5 ~Jolly_F~

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:05 PM

Rainbow loom is the original name. We have found most places stock them kmart, big w, cosmetics plus (I think it's called) has great variety. Most cheap shops have them.

#6 KT1978

Posted 30 April 2014 - 11:47 PM

Our stores have rainbow looms, they are $7 with the loom and bands.

#7 Domestic Goddess

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:27 AM

I have looked all over the place. We have 2 Big W's and both have sold out and have been waiting to get more stock for the last 2 weeks. Kmart was supposed to get the kits last week, but haven't received them yet.
Our Crazy Clarkes don't stock them and neither does our local Target.
I bought a whole load of bands, but no loom. Getting a teeny bit frustrated here. Think eBay might be the way to go for me :(

#8 Domestic Goddess

Posted 01 May 2014 - 02:32 AM

Maybe I am a bit daft here, but does anyone know where you can find directions on how to make these bracelets?

I once saw a lady who was selling chickens, pompoms, spiders, etc. made from rubber bands and looms. No idea how she did that.....

#9 Autumnal

Posted 01 May 2014 - 03:57 AM

You tube has hundreds of videos on making the bands

#10 jrmama

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:05 AM

Domestic goddess try  YouTube  it's full of clips about making all sorts of bracelets and things with the bands. You don't have to use a board. My kids sometimes make them using a fork or just on their fingers.  
Our Lincraft had loads of boards last week.

#11 Carrie_zmatik

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:24 AM

The original ones are the rainbow loom bands. My daughter had one of the cheaper lincraft loom bands but it is different in size to the rainbow loom (it is shorter) and the middle strip does not remove like it does in the rainbow loom. We ended up buying the rainbow loom as we couldn't do the tutorials using the lincraft one. If you are wanting to do anything more than basic bracelets buy the original rainbow loom, it is what they use in all the tutorials.

http://rainbowloomba...inbow-loom-kit/

Here are some links to get you started with some tutorials.

http://becomingmarth...loom-tutorials/

Edited by Carrie Zmatik, 01 May 2014 - 06:26 AM.

#12 bestnot

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:35 AM

I made the mistake of buying a loom set from a cheap shop. Someone dropped a tablet (electronic) on the loom and broke it. My nephew has a loom his mother bought from Target, it's much sturdier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.