Ready Set Go Girls #243

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
210 replies to this topic

#201 Jo.F

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:05 AM

Blackcat - that's great! I hope it realises how warm and cosy it is in there and decides to stay :)

Everafter - How are you going with the injecting? I've only had puregon and never had gonalf but I always feel a little bit sick for a few minutes after the injection but not for days. They all react differently with everyone though, or it could be stress/anxiety from the whole process. If you are worried  speak to a nurse at your clinic :)

Swann - that's great news! I'm so happy for you :D I know it's hard for you to relax until you get further a long but try not to worry too much :)

red mollie - I also knew someone same as Swann where they had 2 embryos transferred and started spotting in the 2ww period. One of them didn't take and that's what the spotting was. I really hope it's the same for you. I'll be thinking of you on Monday when you have your BT xx

It's great to go and have a good cry now and then xx

Fizgig - when do you have your first scan?

Katycakes - good luck with the fertilisation & transfer. I get where you're coming from not being happy with ICSI but all they're doing is helping the process a bit. Think of it this way, if the egg and sperm were on a date, they could just drop the sperm off out the front of the eggg's house, and then it's up to the sperm to go knock on the door and get let in. All they're doing is walking him up to the front door and making sure he's inside. If they like eachother they'll hook up but if not the sperm will sneak out the back window and nothing will happen! I'm not trying to trivialise your concerns but really, there is nothing natural about the entire IVF process so try not to worry about it too much and focus on the end result. We've had no choice but to use ICSI from day one and I personally would rather the egg be introduced to my egg than left to sort it out on it's own :p

sorry, I know that's random. I've got a bad cold and I'm not being logical at the moment.

AFM - EPU was ok. My cold made things difficult but otherwise it was fine. Got 7 eggs and 4 have fertilised :) Now we just need to wait and see if any are suitable for PGD testing. Hopefully I'll hear about that early next week.

Hope everyone else is doing ok xx

#202 Red Mollie

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

Hi KatyCakes

If it makes you feel better, I do ICSI and of the eight top quality blasts none have resulted in a successful pregnancy. So science can only do so much!!

I hope you end up able to transfer on Wednesday.

#203 Fizgig

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:05 PM

Redmollie - a good cry can be a great stress reliever, do what you need to do. I do have a positive story for you. I had bleeding at 6 weeks, started like AF bleeding, which went to spotting for a week, then spotting again a week after that. That is my 19 month old. I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you.

Swan - numbers sound good. Hope they keep going up for you. Do they keep checking regularly?

Blackcat - one embryo inside is definitely better than none. Hope this little one is a fighter.

Wolf - I am very, very tired at the moment. I have heard other people mention the calcium solution which is supposed to help fertilisation. Sometimes I wonder why all these things that are supposed to help don't get used in the first place! I guess it all costs money.

Jo - my scan is this coming Thursday. It still seems so far away. Loved your analogy for Katycakes! Fingers crossed all four of those embies will make it for testing. How are you distracting yourself from thinking about it too much?

Everafter - how's the jabbing going?

Katycakes - it's okay to have reservations about parts of the process. It really is so outside of the realm of normal experience. I think in some ways we wish we could normalise or naturalise the process as much as possible, but I guess we wouldn't be here if 'normal' worked for us. I try to keep my DH's motto in mind "eyes on the prize".

#204 Everafter

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:04 PM

Trying to type one handed with cat on my knee...!

Still not feeling great. We had guests and family over last night, I didn't really think about it and had two glasses of red wine. I ended up getting about 3 hours sleep, heart beat thumping, every time I drifted off I had a nightmare and woke up.
Don't feel as bad today, just tired.

#205 Jo.F

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:52 PM

evening everyone :)

Redmollie - when do you have your BT? Fingers crossed everything is ok :)

fizgig - good luck for the scan! It'll be good for you to know that everything is going well :)  I'm trying not to think about it too much. I've had a few things on this weekend which has helped keep me occupied so it's not too bad but I can't help but think about it now and then.

Everafter - Hope you're feeling better :)

AFM
Not much to tell. Still a bit sore from EPU - how long does that usually last? I don't have a 'normal' cycle to compare it to but I'm still getting a decent amount of pain which I hope is normal.

otherwise I'm just trying to occupy myself while we wait to see how many (if any) are good for testing.

hope everyone else that is waiting for scans, blood tests or other results are going well and that you're all having a good weekend :)

#206 KatyCakes

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:05 PM

Hi everyone
Good news from the scientist this weekend! 10 fertilised and cells looking good all booked in for transfer Wednesday :)

Hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend thanks to queenie!

#207 Red Mollie

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:34 PM

Hi everyone

I'm out this cycle my hcg dropped from 78 to 15 with heavy bleeding. Such highs then lows!

Hoping to do a FET this month.

Good luck to everyone else!

X

#208 Catinblack

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

Big hugs red mollie, that sucks. Here's to a better outcome with the FET. Take care x

Katy good luck for your transfer

Jo it's normal to have some pain, I had really bad gas type pain two days after that was really uncomfortable but it's subsided now. Hope you feel better today

Nothing to report here, I'm planning my weightloss attack once this tww ends, going to try and lose a good chunk before the next cycle. Obviously very optimistic this ones gonna work!

Hi to all !

#209 swan77

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:05 PM

Red Mollie - huge hugs. So sorry. Will be checking in on you for the FET. Will you start this cycle?

Everafter - how are you feeling now?

Blackcat - I said the same thing. When's the TWW test date?

KatyCakes - that's great news. Fingers crossed for you this week.

Jo F - any update? How are you feeling now? I remember being quite sore for 2-3 days.

Hi to everyone else.

Did a digi test today and it clicked over to 5wks+ which made me happy. Also past the psychological date of last loss. Next bloods Mon week and u/s Friday week. Feels worse than the TWW and time is going slowly. Still crossing everything.

hugs to you all x

Edited by swan77, 09 June 2014 - 07:07 PM.

#210 Red Mollie

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:40 PM

Hang in there Swan77 so happy for you!

Blackcat I'm going to start a health kick too need something to focus on for a while. Good luck with it.

Good luck to everyone else. Hoping to start my FET this cycle. I have to have another blood test and hit 0 and then my FS will let me know if I can do a transfer this cycle, hoping so!

I just hate how my life is in limbo through all of this.

X

#211 Jo.F

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:17 PM

Red mollie - I'm sorry to hear that :(  At least you can go straight into a FET which is good, hopefully that starts soon. The waiting through all of this sucks.

Swan - that's great news! A few more weeks and you have your scan :) Hope the time goes quickly for you.

Katycakes - Good luck for the transfer :)

Blackcat - when's your BT? I have everything crossed for you!

AFM - the pain is better today and I feel almost back to normal. Hopefully we hear soon how many are good enough for PGD testing.

Hope everyone is well xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.