Ready Set Go Girls #243

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
210 replies to this topic

#51 Wolf87

Posted 16 May 2014 - 09:38 PM

Quick question for any ladies on orgaluton; do you get rid of the big air bubble? Seems there is conflicting stuff online... I get rid of it, but there ends up being an air bubble in it anyway as I draw back a little as instructed. But in every syringe there is a big bubble that I have to get rid of. Xx

#52 RainRain

Posted 17 May 2014 - 07:07 AM

Can't help you wolf. I don't bother with getting rid if the bubble or drawing back. Just straight in. I don't think it matters as it's a subcutaneous injection, not an intravenous. The bubble won't hurt you. My nurse said not to worry about it as people can end up losing half the dose. Just get it in some fat she said, no worries.

PS great news about 10 follicles!! Poor form of the nurse trying scare you with tales from the surgical rooms :(

#53 Sparky10

Posted 17 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

Wolf - I agree with Rain. I don't think it matters if you get rid of the air bubble or not. 10 follicles sounds great. Try not to stress about EPU. For most people it's not that bad. I find the emotional side of IVF much more difficult than the physical.

Rain - good luck for EPU. Sounds like a great cocktail of drugs you will be on. I hope they do the trick.

Everafter - never heard of a trail transfer but I guess it makes sense if you are concerned about the procedure. I hope this is a lucky cycle for you

Fizgig - when is your BT? How are you feeling. I hate the last week of the 2WW. It's really tough

Blackcat - how are you. Were you able to start your cycle?

JoF - That is an insane amount of follicles. I've heard OHSS is horrible. I hope you have a much much smoother experience this time around.

Hi to anyone I've missed

AFM - They told me on Thursday that 3 embryos fertilised normally. Today's update is that 2 of them are perfect looking 8 cell, no fragmentation embryos (yay!), one is a 3 cell (i.e no good) and the 4th egg apparently did fertilise but they are not confident that it fertilised normally. It is 8 cell (so the right size for day 3) so we are growing those 3 out to day 5 and if (by some miracle) they are good enough quality to biopsy then we will do PGD on them and if not I will transfer the two good looking ones on Monday (provided they are still growing normally by then). So from my last scan before EPU where I only had 3 follies larger than 11mm to end up with 3 decent looking embryos on day 3 I have to say I'm pretty pleased. It's my wedding anniversary today so glad I don't have to do transfer and I can enjoy a nice glass of wine for dinner!

Sorry for the long post. Hope everyone has a great weekend

#54 Wolf87

Posted 17 May 2014 - 03:27 PM

Sparky10 Yay! It's nice when you get an unexpected bit of good news when you are expecting a bad outcome! Enjoy your glass of wine and I hope you get some for PDG testing! :smile:

AFM - Complete freak out this morning. I had heaps of EWCM, called the nurse and asked about the orgalutran. Indeed you are supposed to jab it straight in! The instructions I was reading must have been if it is going in a muscle or something. So cue me thinking I have already started ovulating! The nurse said unless i have split a significant amount of the orgalutran I should be ok. I have lost a couple of drops in expelling the air bubble, but nothing significant. She says the EWCM is occurring because at 1600 my estragon is higher than it normally would be at any stage of my cycle. And at the blood test yesterday, my LH was 1, so it is unlikely it has shot up. Aghh roll on Monday! Never before have I been wishing the weekend away :blink:  I just want to have the scan so I can check everythings ok! But from now on, it's jab straight in air bubble or no air bubble! :smile:

I hope everyone is having a good weekend! Gorgeous weather here in Sydney! xxx

#55 RainRain

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:13 AM

So please for you sparky! Such a great result!

Sorry you're stressing a lot wolf. Hope the nurse can answer all your questions. I was paranoid I I had ovulated prematurely too.

AFM - Wow isn't ovidrel a treat!? I triggered last night and since then have had v sore boobs, v bloated, gassy and could hardly sleep. On the plus side it was fun seeing a positive hpt this morning :D

ETA I am also feeling quite anxious and teary this morning - is this normal? Anyone else experienced these things? :(

Edited by RainRain, 18 May 2014 - 10:43 AM.

#56 Jo.F

Posted 18 May 2014 - 11:54 AM

Hi everyone

Sparky - that's great news!

Wolf - That sucks that it's so stressful for you. Try not to worry too much. I think you'd have to really mess up for it not work otherwise they wouldn't let us do it ourselves :) Hopefully you'll feel better once you've had the scan and see that everything is going to plan :)

Rain - Ugggh the side effects are just great aren't they?

The whole process is emotional. It hits you at random times. I'll be fine and then all of a sudden I get upset. I find it all very overwhelming sometimes. Sending you big hugs :hugs:

Fizgig - when's the BT? It must be getting close. I have everything crossed for you!

#57 Fizgig

Posted 18 May 2014 - 02:39 PM

Great news Sparky on the fertilisation and growth. Hopefully more good news tomorrow. The waiting between phone calls can be hard. And the second week of the TWW is torturous - it feels like two weeks all on its own!

Wolf I don't think a freak out is unusual in this process at all. It's great that the FN had some figures to reassure you with. Enjoy the good weather.

Rain - so many hormones swirling inside at much higher levels needs an outlet at times. There is always something new and fun to discover in this journey.

JoF - BT is Wednesday. Three more sleeps.

I'm not feeling very positive at the moment as I'm feeling absolutely nothing. I know that even if things have worked levels of hcg won't be high enough yet to have any effect. I change my mind about 5 times a day whether to POAS but I'm leaning towards not as I just don't want to see a single lines. Why is it all so hard *wails and yanks out hair*.

Luckily we saw Tom Gleeson Friday night, I went to the footy last night and am catching up with girlfriends soon so I've been pleasantly distracted.

Happy Sunday everyone.

#58 Catinblack

Posted 18 May 2014 - 04:34 PM

Hi ladies

been trying to read back and catch up..

Sparky - great news on your embies! fingers crossed that you have great news on them again tomorrow. Sounds like you have some good options either way, I'll be stalking for good news.

Wolf87 its so easy to over analyse and second guess everything in this whole caper, I tend to re-read the instructions and double check my calendar constantly to make sure I'm doing everything i should be. You will get used to it all, but hopefully you won't have to do it again as this could be your lucky 1st go.

Fiz - its torturous isn't it, I always feel like i have some idea as i think i can usually feel little twinges if its worked, but then its impossible to actually know until its right there, 13 dpo i would say is usually a good estimate. Are you going to poas before blood test? I personally don't know how anyone doesn't as I would want to know before the phone call, since it usually happens at work. Good luck and try to stay sane until then!

Rain- with all the hormones pumped into us anything is possible. Pregnyl and Ovidrel make me feel very pregnant so i always try and ignore it until its late enough in the TWW to actually feel something for real. They play with your head. Good luck for epu

Jo - I can't believe you had 72 follicles, Im in awe thats even possible especially given my highest number has been 9! That sounds utterly horrendous, thankfully that will never happen again!

Everafter - welcome and good luck to you, hope your journey is short!

So my bloods last week weren't baseline, so Im going back again this tuesday. Ive had spotting like AF is coming and have sore boobs and nausea so Im pretty sure its on its way, so hopefully they won't make me wait another week - I'll be really mad if they're still not baseline! Bloody hormones! So if all goes to plan, I will start FSH this friday and see how my body likes this new protocol. Im too aware that anything can happen, so Im hoping big time that we have a good cycle this time with some hope at transfer. Just have to take each scan at a time and cross everything we get some good quality embryos.

I have to admit that these long cycles are a bit more painful, just feels like its taken an eternity to get to the actual stim part so we're really hoping its all worth it!

sending everyone good luck vibes :pray:

Edited by blackcat12, 18 May 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#59 Waiting4Little1

Posted 18 May 2014 - 09:26 PM

Hey everyone,

Its been awhile since I have been on here, and don't see any familiar names, so like to say hi to everyone that I see :)

My partner and I have been trying to have a baby since Oct 2011.

We have been through 2 lots of IVF with 16 eggs retrieved, 10 of these fertilised, 7 failed cycles in total, so far completed. We have 3 frosties left.

Our current clinic has not been great with communication until last visit when they said they run their clinic by the numbers, and that they think the majority of their clients would be pregnant by now, so we should have been to.

And believe half of our cycles wouldn't have worked anyway, cause they now think that half would have had DNA issues that they haven't been testing for.

Financially and emotionally we were about to quit it all, even with our 3 frosties left.

So we took a step back from it all, and went to another clinic for advise, the doctor we visited was the breath of fresh air we needed.

He said if we got our results from our clinic, that he would go over everything, from day 1, and tell us everything that is in the report.

So we have given him the 40 page report, and now we are waiting for our next visit to see him to see what he has to say.

On a positive note, he has different ideas to our previous clinic, like trying a different type of cycle, also would think about putting in multiple embryos, which our previous clinic would not even consider.

I feel like time is standing still, but the wait will be worth it, definitely if it is the result we want.

I hope I won't see everyone on here for long, as we will all get good news soon. Fingers crossed for us all :pray:

Sorry post is a bit wordy.....

#60 Jo.F

Posted 18 May 2014 - 10:36 PM

Fizgig - hang in there, it's only a few more days! I was also tempted to do a home test but then i thought if it's negative I'd be devastated and I'd want to put that feeling off as long as I could, or if it was positive i wouldn't believe it anyway until I had the blood test. The last few days are the hardest tho :(

Blackcat - The long cycles are frustrating... just waiting for 'something' to happen. I'm still waiting for AF (5 weeks now..) before I can start FSH and then we have to have PDG testing so it feels like it's going to be ages before we get to a transfer.

Yeah the OHSS was crazy. The lady who did the utrasounds wanted to put a picture of my ovaries on the wall cos she'd never anything like it... :p

Waiting4little1 - nice to meet you :) Hope this next cycle goes well for you. Sounds like you've had a rough time in the past, good luck with the new Dr and clinic :)

Nothing is happening with me at the moment so I'll devote my time to sending positive thoughts to everyone else :)

#61 Sparky10

Posted 19 May 2014 - 09:07 AM

Blackcat - I've done one down reg cycle and I have to agree it seem to take forever. I really hated it and it didn't seem to make much difference to my result so I went back to antagonist cycles. My FS did say she it does get good results from it with some patients. My last two cycles have been Elonva cycles which are my favourite as you have an injection on day 2 then nothing for a week so it goes really quickly.

Waiting - sounds like a good move to change clinics. I've done numerous cycles  but have stuck with my clinic as my FS has been very proactive about trying different approaches. Unfortunately none of them have worked so far but at least she is trying. From what I have read on these message boards there does seem to be big differences between the effort clinics are willing to put in.

Rain - good luck with EPU today

Fizgig - Those last few days it is so tempting to POAS but personally I will probably only do it on the morning of my BT (so I don't get the bad news at work). My last two cycles have been chemicals and there is nothing worse than getting a positive test only to be told it's not viable.

AFM - well it seems my luck ran out this morning and my update was not great. We have one early blast, one morula and the other embryo arrested. My EPU was quite late in the day so the early blast is probably ok and we will transfer it today. The morula is unfortunately the embryo which they are not sure about it's fertilisation so they won't let me transfer it without doing PGD. At this stage it is not good enough to PGD so will wait until tomorrow to make a call. Even if it is possible to PGD it's an awful lot of money to spend on one embryo that may not have even fertilised properly. But this is my last chance so maybe we should. I can't wait for this to be all over now. I'm sick of having to make these tough calls. Why can't it ever be straight forward?????

#62 Sparky10

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:07 PM

Hi again. Well better news from me this arvo. Turns out the embryologist I spoke to this morning gave me wrong information :doh: . I actually have a early blast, a morula and a second morula (which is the one they are not sure about fertilisation). So the good news is that we have transferred two! They are both slightly behind but not by a lot and they both look good in terms of fragmentation. So really not a bad result at all. The odds are still stacked against me as my genetic issue means there is a very high chance the embryos are abnormal but at least with two transferred there is twice the chance of success. Fingers crossed for a miracle  :smile:

#63 swan77

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:36 PM

Need to catch up on all the news but I have everything crossed for you sparky10!! Hope they both stick!!

Edited by swan77, 19 May 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#64 Catinblack

Posted 19 May 2014 - 02:43 PM

Sparky thats great news! I have everything crossed for you!!
and thanks for the info - we have a clinic appointment in mid June (I'm with RPA public clinic and the Dr's appointments are a long wait) so even though it will fall before we have a result of this cycle, Im going to ask about other possible cycles etc too. I will ask about Elonva as Ive heard the name around quite a bit.

Rest up and relax and think positive thoughts to those 2 embies!

#65 Sparky10

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:30 PM

Thanks ladies.

Blackcat - my fs uses elonva for poor responders and older women. It gives you a big hit of fsh on day two and then I think it slow releases more into your body over a week. You then get a top up of puregon around day 8 if you need it. I've actually had less side effects and slightly better outcomes on it than the various other cycles I have tried. Best of luck for your bloods this week. Hopefully the down reg cycle will be the one for you.

#66 Wolf87

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:42 PM

Rain - Hope you're doing ok! Yeah the nurse said thinking you have ovulated early is a common complaint! Update us when you can xxx thinking of you! :smile:

JoF - I'll take your positive thoughts! ;) hope you are plodding along ok!

Fizgig - Glad you had a nice distracting weekend! 2 more sleeps I have everything crossed for you (except my legs....they seem to be open in the air constantly at the minute ;) ) xxx

Blackcat12 - Hope you get the results you want in your BT tomorrow! Yeah this process has me second guessing everything I do even more than normal lol...it's a learning experience!

Waiting4little1 - Glad your new clinic sounds a bit more proactive! Good luck for your next apt :smile:

Sparky10 - Yay for transferring two! :smile: How long until your BT? Still a bit confused as to how many days it is from EPU/ET xxx

AFM, scan went well today, had a different nurse who was a lot better. I have 8 good looking follies, the other few are under 10mm. Lining looks good, estrogen is 4600. EPU has been pushed back, looking like Friday now! Another scan and BT on Wednesday. I guess that's good? No idea lol. She seems happy! 3 more nights of jabbing :dry: o well!

Hi to anyone I have missed xxx

Edited by Wolf87, 19 May 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#67 RainRain

Posted 19 May 2014 - 06:51 PM

Just quickly from me - we got 14 eggs, 12 of them mature. That's twice as many than we expected. The best news though is that they got plenty of viable sperm from DF!! We are over the moon. Such a relief! We are both pretty sore atm so will do personals tomorrow.

#68 Everafter

Posted 19 May 2014 - 07:42 PM

RainRain - wow, that sounds super promising!

Wolf87 - great to hear your scan went well, I bet you will be glad for the end of injections.

Sparky10 - hooray! Twins maybe? Very exciting.

Waiting4little1 - changing clinics sounds like it was a good idea. I hope this one is better suited to you. I think I'd hit the roof if they said that to me about numbers.

Blackcat12 - I hope you get to start on Friday.  I still have a couple of weeks before AF is due and I'm impatient to get started!

Fizgig - how are you holding up? I'm a POAS addict, usually start around 7dpo which is crazy. Must control myself for fear of false positive hell.

AFM, just waiting. My last two cycles were 27 days but sometimes are upto 32, hopefully I won't have a long one this month as I want to get started. So, just waiting for me at the moment.

#69 Sparky10

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

Great news rainrain. FX for a good fert rate

#70 RainRain

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:47 AM

Hi everyone. Sorry for posting and running last night. I did have a fair bit of pain after the EPU, but it has mostly settled down now.

Everafter - Hope this cycle is nice and short for you so you can get started.

Sparky - Good luck for your two! Have you had two transferred before? Great that you got a better result than you were expecting. Fx!!

Wolf - I think it's good that they are waiting a bit longer. Gives you time to grow your follies a bit more.

Blackcat - Good luck with BT today and the new protocol. Hopefully you won't be needing the appointment in June, but it's great to have a back up plan.

Swan - Hi :)

JoF - Sorry you may have already said this, but when are you expecting your next cycle to start? Hopefully soon. Waiting is tough.

Waiting - Hi. Must have been tough deciding to change clinics, but it sounds like it was time and your new FS sounds like they are keen on helping you develop a new protocol! I hope they really get onto something that will work for you.

Fizgig - Bt tomorrow for you!! Have you caved and POAS?? You are made of stone if you haven't. Keeping everything crossed for you.

So AFM - we had 14 eggs, 12 mature and DF had viable sperm, which really was the the thing we were waiting to find out. So we were absolutely thrilled with that result in and of itself. We rang this morning and found out that 8 of the 12 have fertilised, so it really is a better result than we could have dreamed of at this point. We are to call our FS tomorrow morning to decide whether we transfer tomorrow or wait until Friday. Obviously we need to hear what is recommended, but I would really appreciate some advice or info from all of you as to the pros and cons of transferring day 3 or waiting till day 5. Any advice would be very much appreciated xx

#71 swan77

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:33 PM

Sorry on phone and still to catch up on personals...

Good luck tomorrow fizgig! Any inkling?

RainRain - my clinic prefers day 5 as then they are transferring blastocysts and so think they cam grade them more accurately. What a great result for you. Sounds like you will have a few that will make day 5 but go with whatever the scientists/FS says...my FET on Friday will be a day 6 blastocyst fwiw...

#72 Sparky10

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:18 PM

Omg my day 5 morula that wasn't transferred has turned into a beautiful hatching blast overnight that was able to be biopsied for pgd. I can't believe it!

Rain - great result. I always do day 5 transfers unless I have so few embryos on day 3 that I am not sure I will make it to day 5. I have had perfect looking day 3 embryos arrest on day 4 so it would have been a waste to transfer them as they wouldn't have worked. It's different for everyone but I would hold out to day 5 if u can.

I transferred 2 embryos last time too. My clinic usually only transfers one day 5 embryo but I am a bit of a special case. We have had 8 embryos pgd tested int the past and they have all had abnormalities so the chance of us getting 2 healthy embryos is pretty slim

#73 Jo.F

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

Hi everyone :)

Wolf - glad the scan was good. My EPU got pushed back a few times in my first cycle until they were big enough. I think it's a good thing to let them grow a bit more -  hopefully by the next scan they're ready to go! :)

Rain - that's awesome news! You were worried about the results so I'm really happy for you :)

Sparky - Good luck! My clinic also does 2 if you have a good reason for it. It's nice knowing you have 2 chances. Hopefully this is the lucky cycle :)

Fizgig - One more sleep! try to restrain yourself from POAS :p

Rain, I had a blood test 2 weeks ago and they told me that going by the hormone levels I should be starting this week but so far there's no sign of anything. My average cycle is 35 days and the longest has been 43. This one is a bit odd though because I had a mc in March and then D&C so I think that affects the normal flow of things? The waiting is driving me nuts!

Then we have to do PDG testing and THEN they want me to do another long down cycle before they do the FET (assuming I get some good ones from the pdg test).   At the moment it feels like I'm never going to get there...

good luck to everyone else doing their thing at the moment!

#74 Catinblack

Posted 20 May 2014 - 06:50 PM

Rain and Sparky, great news all round!

Jo here's hoping your hormones start behaving!

Bloods were baseline finally so I start fsh on Friday..woohoo!

#75 Fizgig

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:40 PM

blackcat - that's great that you get to start on Friday. It must be nice to have a start date.

Jo.F - hopefully AF arrives for you soon. That does sound like a long process, though I think everything in IVF feels about twice as long as it is. No POAS for me. I wonder if I will sleep tonight?

Sparky - great news on the embies transferred and on the blastie for PGD testing. Fingers crossed for you!

Swan - my inkling is that there is nothing going on. My DH is convinced otherwise so we shall see.

Rain - Eggs and sperm! Just exactly what the doctor ordered. I've only had 5 day transfers but I do like knowing that they have it that far. I must be made of stone as I have not tested ;) No, it's more that I just didn't want to see a single line staring back at me.

Everafter - I hope you can get started soon. I think I'm the opposite of a POAS addict - I'm too scared to do it in case I get a negative.

Wolf - good luck for scan and BT tomorrow. I hope those follicles have been growing, growing.

D-Day tomorrow. Lucky for me I'm not working so I'll plan my day so that I get the phone call at home. I'm thinking it's not worked but obviously there is a part of me hoping I am wrong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.