Regards

Ali

#2 Princess VFR

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:04 AM

Gold!!
Have a good week everyone!!!

#3 Hands Up

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

Silver! I think we will have some announcements this week! How exciting.......

#4 Nelly83

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:18 AM

Bronze - Lets get these babies on the move and see if it will be a big week for announcements.

#5 Beeeeeez

Posted 02 June 2014 - 09:09 AM

you guys are fast!! :)

#6 Amberlily

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:36 AM

Good luck today Biancabee! :)

#7 Nelly83

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:52 AM

Yes all the best on your appointment Biancabee!!

#8 Beeeeeez

Posted 02 June 2014 - 12:12 PM

Thanks guys! I'm just about to head off! Will let you know what happens. :)

#9 Nelly83

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

How'd it all go Biancabee?

#10 Beeeeeez

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:17 PM

OK, so back from Ob appointment and as I thought nothing is ready! Cervix is not ready and the bub is not engaged (although its low) This bub doesnt want to come out, it seems!

Whats next? Well he booked me for Monday morning to get the gel to soften the cervix followed by induction on Tuesday morning. I guess another week of waiting. But at least I know when it will happen so I can plan things and DH can book in leave.

Any developments anyone else?

#11 Hands Up

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

Oh its nice to have some certainty I bet biancabee!

Nothing new from me but I am only 36 weeks. This baby doesn't feel like he is going anywhere anytime soon, nor should he be...... I suspect in a couple of weeks time I will be over it.

Weighed myself yesterday and I have tipped over the 10 kilo mark...... I am trying to be sensible and walk the dog regularly etc (we are dog sitting at the moment) so it is not so hard afterwards.... but gosh it is hard to get up the motivation!

#12 Princess VFR

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:42 PM

Biancabee hang in there, won't be long now. At least you have an end date, but bubs may still surprise you before Monday.

NSG you've done well with 10kg, I'm at 15kg.... I'm hoping a lot of it is fluid... (Yeah right!! Who am I kidding)

AFM the little miss has no intentions of vacating on her own, so I'm onto last minute laundry and resting before I head off to hospital on Wednesday.

#13 Beeeeeez

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:30 AM

Thanks NSG and Vfr momma :)

NSG you have done very well! Just think of that majority of that is bub, placenta, fluid etc and not your actually weight!

Vfr momma, I am beating you in weight department-20kg here, unfortunately. It is what it is, cant do much about that.
Good luck for tomorrow! :)

Everyone else hope you guys are having decent and well deserved rest.

PS: more on sales: Baby buntings have some sale on at the moment, just got their junk mail yesterday. :)

#14 Nelly83

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:08 AM

Biancabee - Arrghh how frustrating, you've made it too comfortable in there for her lol
So hopefully on Monday/Tuesday you'll be meeting your bub!!
now that is exciting!

NSG - Yes u still want bub to cook for longer thats for sure.
I give u 2 weeks and u'll b over it.

Vfrmomma - Ahh another stubborn bub I hope it all goes smoothly for you on Wednesday. So they are doing the gel or drip induction on Wednesday?

Heres the TMI:
Feeling okay but over it here. Last night DH and I DTD and for 2 hours later last night had contractions every 10 minutes (they weren't full on, bit sharp and tightening) also had loose stools a few times and got the shakes. Went to bed and woke this morning and seemed to have settled back to normal, although still having loose stools, but no sign of bloody show.
So not sure what to think... or maybe DTD again tonight in the hope of bringing her here.

Still a bit stressed about when she'll arrive.
If i do the S&S at 39 weeks (this Friday) my OB won't be working on the weekend...but DH will b here, but my mum will have to pick me up when dischrged from hospital, as DH is at a conference next week 3 hours away so worried if she comes then he won't make it back..
Or I hope she doesn't arrive and at 40 weeks have the S&S.

The main thing I don't want is DH to miss the birth.. I guess maybe I could ask my OB to check and see if cervix is dilated/effaced on Friday and take it from there..or I try to see him today or 2moro and do a S&S if hes willing too...

#15 Beeeeeez

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:24 PM

Hey Nelly83,

You got one tough decision. I hope s&s works for you. What happens if it doesnt? Can your doctor book you in for the actual gel/drug induction to coincide with you DH being here?
Maybe more dtd will do the trick?

Dtd is not working for me! Nothing happens, nothing at all. lol my bub just loves being inside!

#16 Hands Up

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

Nelly will your DH's work allow him to go another time if bub arrives over the weekend? He is entitled to 2 weeks govt parental leave so it sounds like his employer is being a bit unreasonable....... I hope it all works out for you.

#17 Princess VFR

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:58 PM

Nelly I feel for you having this timing dilemma. The best outcome would be to let her come on her own and push for DH to skip the conference. But I'm guessing DH missing the conference isn't an option?? The s and s had a quick result last time didn't it?
Maybe you're on the right track with seeing how dilated you are on Friday, and then deciding from there.

I'm going in at 3 pm tomorrow.
They are trying with the gel first at about 6 pm- not expecting it to work straight up as this is my first pregnancy, so sending DH home at 8pm and encouraging me to sleep.
2nd load of gel around midnight and then again at 6am Thursday morning.
They will also try ARM, balloon catheter and oxytocin (I can't remember when though).
I'm assuming if all that fails then I'm off to theatre for a ceaser.

It's funny at the start of this pregnancy I was naive in wanting total control in planning a "natural intervention free birth in a birth centre".
With my GD diagnosis everything changed. Add to that my feeling tired, sore and over it. Now I just want her out and I really don't care anymore what they have to do to get her out. It's more a case of going with the flow (totally out of sync with my normal control freak behaiviour)
Isn't it funny how 9 months of pregnancy can change your whole outlook. Anyone else feel the same?

Edited by Vfr momma, 03 June 2014 - 04:01 PM.

#18 Nelly83

Posted 03 June 2014 - 05:10 PM

Well I think we've finally got a plan sorted.
DTD for the next few days and see if it brings things on further.
If nothing by this Friday then get OB to do a stretch and sweep in the hope it brings things on as DH doesnt have the conference until Tuesday morning so at least will be there for the birth and then my mum can discharge me from hospital and will be home with me.

DH works for our own company and it is an important conference that cant be missed, he can come home from the conference as soon as labor starts, but its 3 hours away..

If still nothing after the S&S then a repeat one at 40 weeks and if still nothing then gel induction/ARM at 40weeks 4days.

With DS last time I had a S&S at 39 weeks and had him the next day.

I hope the gel does work for you VFR and things progress quickly. It is funny how u change your mind about these things, I had wanted natural with all births, but was open to pain relief (except an epidural).
But when u get towards the end it feels like all bets are off and u just want baby out safely.

#19 Hands Up

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:05 PM

Oh my gosh vfr momma, so close for you now! And Nelly sorry I didn't realise your DH was self-employed. That changes things of course and you have to do what you have to do..... I hope your plan works out!

#20 Lunafreya

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:43 PM

Hope it goes well for you two, I was only 37 weeks today and looks like bub will be in there a while yet. He's in no hurry.

Hardly did anything today and still got ligament pain. :(

#21 ebany10

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:06 AM

Hello, I hope you don't mind me re-joining so late.... I have been away for such a long time (was busy working full time and the 3) Now that I am relaxing and waiting for bubs thought I would come back if that's ok :) :) :)

This pregnancy is a first for me..... first time I have every reached my due date as well as going past..... Its driving me crazy lol  :doh: So this is all new ground for me...... so I have no idea what going to happen and what happens for here (is a little bit stressfully) but I hope bubs hurries up.... want my bubs....

Now that I am off work and have loads of free time I will be dropping in and see how everyone is going.....

#22 Beeeeeez

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:43 AM

Welcome back ebany10! :)

When are/were you due? Were your other babies overdue too?

Nelly83 that sounds like a good plan. Fingers crossed all works out for you :)

Vfr momma your plan sounds good too. Good luck for today! Hope that gel works straight away! :)

Katana I sympathise about your ligament pain. I have bub pressing on some nerves when lying down making sleeping very uncomfortable as my legs hurt after 3 hours of sleeping!

Not long for everyone now! On top of that it's very cold this morning!

#23 Hands Up

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:16 AM

Welcome back ebany10. Gosh with three at home as well I am sure you are not resting that much!

Katana I am only 36+3 and this baby is going nowhere anytime soon. I am relatively comfortable but in the last day or so I have been getting some mild period style cramps so we will see what that means.......

Have started using my epi no...... its not very pleasant but I suppose that is the objective! Anyone else using one?

#24 Amberlily

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

Welcome back Ebany10. :)

VFR momma - GL for your 3pm appointment today! (Sending you good vibes!!)

Katana - I'm in my last week of work this week and have been taking long lunches, and going for a walk around the city - no ligament pains doing that BUT I've found that when I'm sitting perfectly still on the couch at home sometimes I get bad period type brief stabby type pains if bubs moves the wrong way - it's just so unpredictable! I'm hoping it's just her head engaging...

NSG - can't help you with the epi-no as I'm not using one, but am following as I'm interested to hear if it seems to work.

Biancabee - doh! another week of waiting... well, at least you have an end date now (and as VFR momma mentioned bubs may still surprise you earlier than that!)

Nelly83 - GL with your S&S this Friday (or earlier labour if things kick in before then!) - your plan sounds good, and I hope your DH gets to see the birth and even *fingers crossed* spend a day or two with you both post-birth before his conference!!

For those talking about weight gain, I think I'm somewhere around 15/16kgs at 37+3... overall I weigh less than last pregnancy (lower starting weight, and lower current weight I *think*, as my end weight at birth last time was about 9 kgs heavier than I am now, and I can't see myself gaining that in 2 weeks - but who knows...?).

AFM - I'm hanging out for the end of this week when I officially start leave and can bum around the house in pjs and think about things like maybe getting a leg wax and massage done prior to hospital.

I went past Target at lunch time today and couldn't help myself (last day of their 20% off kids / baby clothes sale)... walked out with a few little clothes for bubs! My nesting seems to kick in big time near baby clothes atm!

For anyone I've missed - hope everything is going well, and we get some announcements soon!

My husband said last night (referring to this forum) "4 days into June already and no birth announcements yet! Bunch of slackers!! :p"

So c'mon babies! Show yourselves! ;)

#25 dollsandtrucks

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:21 PM

Coming in a bit of an absence after having a busy few weeks.

Last week I fainted without warning and ended up going to the hospital and staying in overnight. They did a CTG to make sure that the baby was okay and she was fine, moving around as much as she usually did and heartbeat was good and strong. I had two ECG's done and an ultrasound done on my heart. Turns out I have a heart condition more than likely brought on by pregnancy. I have to have another ECG and ultrasound done after I give birth, just to clear that it isn't a long term issue. Here I was thinking it was just low blood pressure! It was a bit of a slap in the face but thankfully I only have six days left until my due date.

It sounds as if things have definitely got very busy in this forum since I last posted a few weeks back :smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.