Low Ovarian Reserve #24

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

#101 livelifelovehappy

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:00 AM

hugs to you Birdie! That's not misplaced faith, it's hope, and you have to have hope! You just never know.

I also don't know how people just plow through it. The want to have a beautiful baby is such a strong force. Us women are very strong and very brave.

The four follicles had eggs in them! I am now waiting to hear how they went.

#102 Shally268

Posted 13 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

Oh wow livelifelovehappy, that is great news!! I hope they all fertilize :)

Birdie, I know what you mean about not even being close to a BFP. I'm the same. I've done 4 full stim cycles now with nothing to freeze, no embryos ever getting to blastocyst stage (actually, they didn't even make it to a day 3 transfer, with the exception of 2 day3 embryos in my first cycle). I also feel like its just a dream and that it will never happen to me. I can't even imagine how it would feel to have a BFP, its so far-fetched.

I initially thought that I won't do more than 3 cycles and after my second cycle I told my husband that that's it for me....but then I somehow managed to continue on. Next cycle is going to be number 5. I think we manage to find the strength when it really comes down to it.

I'm meeting my FS next month and will see where to go from there.

#103 livelifelovehappy

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

None fertilised.

I am in such admiration of both of your strength. I wish you nothing but the best.

This is the definition of a disheartening exercise.

#104 Birdie11

Posted 13 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

Omg livelife that is the crappiest news. I'm so angry and sad for you. I'm so sorry. Does the FS know why? Were you doing ICSI or IVF?

Shally- that's exactly how I feel. Like it's just a dream and dreams don't come true. Don't know if I could do 5. You seem stronger than me!

Having nothing to show after going through the whole process- it's so so upsetting. And I know people say "oh it will happen, just be patient" or "the money will be worth it in the end" ... but I feel like slapping them. Like how do they know? Just cause they have kids. Not all people get their happy ending. And the one that gets me the most... "oh just stop stressing and try not to think about it".

#105 Shally268

Posted 13 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

Birdie, you've nailed it. I hate that line "you need to stress less, take it easy." or "your work is too stressful". I have to work!...and if it was simply a matter of not stressing we would all have BFPs by now. You'd think that if we are willing to go to the extent of having multiple IVF cycles we would definitely be willing to 'stop stressing' easily if that would get the BFP that simply. I'm ranting now, aren't I?

I'm no stronger than you or anyone else. We are all strong women to be going through IVF to achieve our dream of being a mumma. Some of us just get more unlucky that others :( I think when we are pushed to our limits we somehow find strength to go that bit further and push on through the heartbreak and loss.

livelife, that is SO CRAPPY! I feel for you. Please take care and be good to yourself. Could you ask the embryologist why none fertilized? He/she might be able to give you some answers.

Edited by Shally268, 13 April 2017 - 04:03 PM.

#106 livelifelovehappy

Posted 14 April 2017 - 12:46 PM

People do say such insensitive things some times. Nobody knows if it will happen. They can HOPE it happens for you, but that's the extent of it. I hope it happens for both of you!

It is really crappy. They thought it might have been a mix of overly mature and immature eggs... I feel a bit cross to be honest, I know it's pointless. But I've been pregnant many times and have children, and my first round did fertilise. It's hard to not wonder about human error, or if the timing of my retrieval was off or any number of things.

Oh well.

#107 Birdie11

Posted 16 April 2017 - 03:56 PM

It's a really strange feeling knowing we have tried as hard as we can to BD as directed by the doctor, but knowing there were only seven follicles, and wondering if we are in with a chance this month. I want to believe we are, and that it could have maybe happened. But now I have to wait ten more days for AF. And I'm feeling all my normal PM symptoms. Ugh!! Round and round in circles I go. Haha

#108 Diya V

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:16 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to this group - Hope this group is still active. I am Diya and I am 27. We were trying for baby since 2 years. I have a low ovarian reserve. FS told us that we can still try to conceive naturally but  we are totally down... :-(  Finally decided to go for IVF and our FS suggested us to start with Antagonist IVF.  FS says Im not in a bad position and when I ask her if this treatment will be a success for me then she says there is only 45 - 50 % success rate , which makes me feel worried. (She might be realistic but that number is making me feel low)...

I have mixed feelings at this point. I heard from people saying that this treatment gives positive results at the same time few were unlucky. Im totally tensed and nervous. I never thought I would be in this position.

I need to start my first injection of GONAL F on day 1 of my periods, expecting it this week. I am scared of injections and especially if i have to take them by myself. I was told to take GONAL F 250u, Cetrotide 250u and a trigger injection 250u.

I have no cousins or friends who have gone through IVF and so I really dont have anyone to guide and share their experiences. I found this group will be a best place. Hope you sisters will do it for me. I really need your help and guidance.

Can you ladies please let me know if the injections are painful? Also steps to take the injections in a painless way.

Me and my husband are a bit nervous about the whole process. Please share your experiences and precaution steps so that I dont go in a wrong direction.

Waiting for your responses...

Thanks a lot,
Diya

#109 maufie85

Posted 15 January 2018 - 07:03 PM

Hi Diya, you can join us in the readysetgogirls thread that is active above this one - There are a few of us newbies in there and also really lovely and experienced ladies with ivf. Good luck for your first cycle- it sounds daunting to all of us but I’m sure you will find all the strength you need to get through it, and hopefully for a wonderful outcome. You’re far from alone! :)

#110 Diya V

Posted 16 January 2018 - 07:47 AM

Thanks a lot maufie85. Will join readysetgogirls group.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.