Birthday present for DD10

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 hills mum bec

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

Help!

I have no idea what to get DD who is turning 10 next month.

She already has an iPod touch, a bike & a camera.

She has asked for books but she always asks for books but never reads them because she is always borrowing books from the school library so the books she owns never get read.

DH & I are both really anti makeup.

I did think maybe some jewellery but how often would she get to wear it?  She already has a watch.

The day after her b'day we leave for a 2 week caravan holiday through central Australia so an "experience" type present is a bit hard, especially one that is special just for her & doesn't involve her sister & brother.

At the moment all I can think of is a knitting pack with a kids knitting book & some supplies in a nice knitting bag.  I do a lot of knitting & she has just learnt & is very enthusiastic about it.

It's so hard when they get to the age where they are too old for toys.

#2 DEVOCEAN

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:14 AM

DD is 10 next week and she loves books. Although she wants anything robotic/mechanical or science related this year. Mechanical/Robotic because of what they were doing at high school, and the science because she is just interested in it.
DH is looking at different electronics kits like the ones he used to get from d*ck Smith.

#3 JKTMum

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:29 AM

For both my DD's 10th birthdays we got them a Pandora bracelet and one charm. Now each birthday or significant event we buy an extra charm to add to it.

If you weren't keen on Pandoras maybe a nice piece of keepsake jewelry that she could keep to remember that it was given on her 10th. She may not wear it much now, but as she gets older it will take on more significance.

Edited as I saw she already has a watch.

Edited by JKTMum, 12 June 2014 - 11:31 AM.

#4 regandrog

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:45 AM

I count 10 as a significant b'day, family presents were special presents, so for our DD Grandparents gave her a NAO figurine (she still liked winnie the pooh, so we got one with a girl and pooh). We gave her a signet ring. other grandparents gave her a special photo book of her and the family from 0-10 yo.

#5 71Cath

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:46 AM

When DD turned 10 I got a few sets of lego, she loves it.  Also a few of those craft kits (make a piggy bank, make a mug etc).  And a few books.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.