Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:36 PM

Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 lulubear

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:47 AM

@reddirtcavegirl - yes I saw that! I only choose domains I like + once they go up for renewal I just don't. If that makes sense. We Heart Life was my baby for quite a while.

xx

#3 e_vonny

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

Carly - I added you ages ago when you first sent me a message. Sent you a PM. I think you need to accept somehow.

decmum2b - Is it like cramping like AF cramping? Because I've been getting very light cramping for a few days now. It doesn't hurt though so I think it's just uterus growing. I'm ~14w.

Also, I've been craving cheese and bacon rolls. Enough to want to go to the shops and get one now!

#4 Thysan

Posted 23 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

One of my friends posted some scones she made on Facebook and now I'm craving passionfruit and white chocolate scones... although maybe that's just because it's easy to blame "cravings" on the baby...

#5 e_vonny

Posted 23 June 2014 - 01:12 PM

Thysan - I thought my cravings were a one off but last wk I was craving bacon and cheese rolls too! I think it's the salt, and the cheese. And I went and bought the rolls just now but I'll have them later. Having Babybel cheese instead!

#6 lulubear

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:26 PM

@e_vonny - some weird reason it didn't work but am all in now :) I added Jo + then she invited me that way xx

I've been having those sort of cramps too. Today especially!

xx

As for cravings mine have sort of stopped - except for chips - not too salty but with gravy that is my weakness. Also gummy bears and such, oh my, they are a BIG weakness!

#7 e_vonny

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

carly - Weird! Wonder why it didn't work. Anyway, glad you're in :)

#8 mrsmamma

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

e_vonny thanks for the Facebook invite. It sometimes feels like cramping and other times it's just a dull ache. Haven't felt it again today so maybe it's stopped for now.

Anyone been having headaches? I don't get them on weekends but when I'm at work (primary school teacher) I end up with an awful headache around the time of the last break. Allergy to work perhaps? :) either way I can't wait for next week where I can sleep all day while hubby watches the soccer!

#9 mrsmamma

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

Should probably mention hubby is a primary school teacher too and doesn't just sit round watching soccer all day haha! He's hanging out for next week too.

#10 RedDirtCaveGirl

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:51 PM

I had another migraine today - that's seven since week 4 :( But hey, the only symptom I am really having, so can't complain - and they seem to be lighter than usual too, with both the aura and the headache not lasting as long as usual. I'm pretty sure it also came about as I usually eat primal (no grains, no sugar, no legumes, selected dairy) and with my husband being away for the last three weeks, I got lazy and had take away twice over the weekend - so, my poor body has protested and I'm suffering for poor choices. Never cool if you know something could have been avoided - lesson learnt!!!!

#11 e_vonny

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:01 PM

decmum2b - are you hydrating enough? If it's a weekday thing and particularly at the end of the day, it sounds like it could be due to lack of water. I get that if I sit and concentrate all day and don't drink.

I get migraines too. Got some last week but this week it's better. Could've been caffeine related but I didn't have that much. Sometimes I'm not sure if caffeine is the cause or the cure because often it helps my headaches too though I'm trying to really minimise the amount I'm having now.

#12 mrsmamma

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:59 PM

e_vonny you are possibly right about water. I do forget to drink water at work and usually drink a days worth of water when I get home. Gotta drink more during the day.

#13 RedDirtCaveGirl

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:09 PM

e_vonny, I definitely use coffee as the cure for me- mine are fully hormone or wheat triggered. Theory is if you get a coffee into you when you are having the aura, which is when the blood vessels are constricting, the coffee acts as a vaso-dilator and pushes it quicker into the blood vessel dilation phase - if you can decrease your aura length and severity, I have found it has decreased the headache and hangover severity. I have used coffee for the last 8 I have had and they have definitely been a more manageable beast where I have still been able to function. Fortunately only get one every six months when not pregnant

#14 mamma bear

Posted 24 June 2014 - 09:59 PM

Hi all,
Haven't been in for a while as finding the work/life balance a bit if a struggle at the moment!

Currently 14 + 2 weeks.
Went to the doctor and was diagnosed as having hyperemesis gravidarum (severe morning sickness). And given the disposable wafer.
Today was the first day I didn't vomit since 4 weeks!  

Still a bit nauseous but much more manageable.

Been feeling baby move more and more each day. Now able to use our doppler (amplifier version not waves style) to hear the heartbeat, which DS (6yrs) is loving.  

Hope everyone is doing well,
How is everyone feeling now?
Anyine using a doppler?
Anyone counting down to any scans?

#15 e_vonny

Posted 25 June 2014 - 01:45 PM

mamma bear - sorry to hear your hg diagnosis but glad you got some treatment for it and not vomiting today!

14w5d for me but no baby movements yet. Anterior placenta so it will probably take a while. I have an OB appt on Friday which I'm looking forward to. If he does a scan, I'll ask if he can give me a guess on sex. It'll be 15w then. My morphology scan is booked for July 25th. Unfortunately DH won't be able to make it since he's going overseas to visit relatives. When he comes back we'll go to Port Douglas and Palm Cove though which will be relaxing.

#16 mrsmamma

Posted 25 June 2014 - 04:52 PM

I'm 15w and 5days and haven't felt baby yet. Very jealous of those who have :)

#17 fever head

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:19 PM

Hello everyone, I've posted on some of the other threads but not in here as yet. :)

View Postdecmum2b, on 23 June 2014 - 06:52 PM, said:

Anyone been having headaches? I don't get them on weekends but when I'm at work (primary school teacher) I end up with an awful headache around the time of the last break. Allergy to work perhaps? Posted Image either way I can't wait for next week where I can sleep all day while hubby watches the soccer!

I have had a headache for the past three days, coupled with constant nausea. I can't take anything for it because swallowing tablets make me want to retch.

Currently 14 + 2 weeks.
Went to the doctor and was diagnosed as having hyperemesis gravidarum (severe morning sickness). And given the disposable wafer.
Today was the first day I didn't vomit since 4 weeks!

Yikes. I was diagnosed with HG too but have found the wafers to be a godsend. I need to at least have one before bed, otherwise I start getting that icky mouth watering sensation. Hopefully the the trend of not vomiting will continue for you!

At 17 weeks I haven't felt any movement yet, just twinges of something happening down there. It's hard to tell if I'm even starting to show because of the weight I'm already carrying down there! :laugh:

#18 mrsmamma

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

I found it's pushing all my tummy fat upwards and making it look like a bump but really it's my tummy moving upwards. Underneath it's starting to feel harder and that's where the baby is. But the 'bump' you can see is just my tummy fat moved upwards. No movement yet...

#19 e_vonny

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:54 AM

Decmum2b - my bump is similar. It's a guts bump at the moment since baby is underneath.

#20 mrsmamma

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

How many weeks are you e_vonny? I will be 16w tomorrow.

#21 mrsmamma

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

Last week I proudly showed off my little but growing bump. This morning I've woken up and the bump has 'gone'.....obviously I was showing off my little gas bump! :) haha glad I'm on holidays this week and no one from work can see the bump has gone!

#22 e_vonny

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

I'm 15w 3d today :)

#23 mrsmamma

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

I went to look for a belly band today and I browsed the maternity clothes. I don't want to have to spend a fortune on maternity clothes but the cheaper stores (big w and target) had the ugliest maternity clothes and a tiny range. Why do people who design these clothes expect women to dress in ugly clothes? Anyone know of an online shop that has reasonably priced clothes that are nice?

#24 fever head

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:13 PM

View Postdecmum2b, on 25 June 2014 - 08:37 PM, said:

I found it's pushing all my tummy fat upwards and making it look like a bump but really it's my tummy moving upwards. Underneath it's starting to feel harder and that's where the baby is. But the 'bump' you can see is just my tummy fat moved upwards. No movement yet...

After feeling around my tummy some more, I think mine is doing the same.

As for maternity clothes, I have only bought four shirts from Kmart so far.They aren't too bad but not exactly stylish either. My local Big W didn't have any maternity wear at all and Target's clothes are too expensive for me. I'm resigned to being an absolute dag for the next few months, unfortunately. :(

#25 e_vonny

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:16 PM

decmum2b, I saw Asos is having a 50% off sale for selected items. They have relatively nice maternity clothes.
http://www.asos.com.au/

I've bought maternity jeans from jeanswest and just jeans already but that's it so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.