Describe your first date with your DH/W/P (spin-off)

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#26 EsmeLennox

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:40 PM

Does meeting in a nightclub and then, later that night, shagging madly in the backseat of his car, then adjourning to my place for more mad shagging count as a first date?

If not, it was the movies a few days later. I think we saw The Bodyguard.  Yes... That long ago!

Edited by FeralEsme, 28 June 2014 - 11:41 PM.

#27 dessy123

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:59 PM

Aww love reading these!

I met dp through a good friend who id known for 11 years. She and her mum were determined to set me up with her cousin, even though I just came out of a messy relationship, they weren't taking no for an answer.

I walked around the back of her place on a sunday arvo, and there he was, there was an instant attraction. We chatted he got my number, set up a date for the following weekend, he called me exactly when he said he would, no waiting by the phone or being mucked around.

He came on the Saturday night with a bunch of flowers. We drove to dinner in my car as his was really old. Im very shy so dinner was slightly awkward, I kept nervously drinking..lol..on the way home he pulled into the servo and filled my car up with fuel! as a single mum, i was blown away.

Got back to mine, drank way too much, talked and laughed..woke up next to him in the morning, sat around watching telly, secretly hoping he wasn't going to leave anytime soon, without me saying anything he said he didn't want to leave and asked if i wanted him to stay again, I was very happy!

Lets just say he never left! we haven't left each others side since. Its been nearly 3 years, we have a gorgeous little girl and I couldn't imagine life with anyone else :smile:

#28 FeralCountryEve

Posted 29 June 2014 - 04:47 AM

I love all the stories, the romantic and not so romantic. I feel less of a liberated woman too knowing that so many other people also met their DP's as one night stands!
DH was a friend of a friend and we had seen each other out and about one or twice before. He had moved 10 hours away but was home and came to our mutual friends birthday celebrations.
I had recently been nastily and very messily cheated on and dumped. Ex GF was also there and I knew she liked DH, so decided to flirt outrageously with him but ended up getting along really well. But I had recently been sick so wasn't drinking and went home early. A couple of months later DH was home again for his brother's birthday and we ran into each other again. This time we both were drinking and when our mutual friend dropped me home I had the courage to pull DH out of the car with me. And it was great!
Next morning I drove him to the train station and by the end of the month I had spent $180 on my mobile bill and he had too. A month later he moved back home for a little while, we practically lived together and quickly realised we are made for each other. He moved a only a couple of hours away and we did weekends together for a year. But were engaged within 9 months of our initial one night stand. Together nearly nine years now.

#29 mombasa

Posted 29 June 2014 - 06:30 AM

We met at a bar 18 years ago, he invited me out for dinner and a movie the following night. We went to the movies which finished quite late and I was starving so he drove to Maccas. We went through the drive thru ate in the carpark, he drove me home and gave me a ticket to watch him play footy the next day, I turned up watched the game then he met up with me and said he was going to a party and left. He's improved greatly since.

#30 Sancti-claws

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:37 AM

Online through RSVP.  He sent me a kiss and his profile made me laugh.  He lived 800km away.

We chatted online for about a week before we amped up to phone calls.

I moved a week later to somewhere half-way between us (previously organised) - where I had no internet connection - so the text-messaging went into overdrive.

We had organised a "date" for two weeks later (new town, no babysitters, logistics required) and I went to meet him at the hotel he was staying at - we emerged for food and a tourist drive six hours later.  I think there was a Everybody Loves Raymond marathon on the television?

He met the babysitter and my daughter the next day.  Seven months of him driving 350km down and back nearly every weekend before he moved in with us.

#31 Lilycat

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

We met in a band - he played trumpet, I played trombone.

I thought he was pretty cute but he left without getting my number or (so I thought) showing any interest in me.

Little did I know that he knew a mutual friend, already had my number and was playing hard to get. Cheeky b*st*rd. It worked though!

#32 Feral Grey Mare

Posted 06 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

I was having drinks at the pub on the way home from work with my flatmate when we were harassed by the town drunk. DH came vaulting across a railing and gave our tormenter his marching orders and sat down. At some stage that night I lost my knickers on the beach. DH moved in a week later and we stayed together until he passed away last year. We met when I was 19, and I was 52 when he died.

#33 silverbells

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:34 PM

It was lovely, even with the imperfections :)
We met at a park after school where a lot of the local kids would hang out when we were 15 after going to the same primary school and taking gymnastics classes together.
For our first date we went to a lovely French restaurant, we thought we were so grown up lol.
He ordered some sort of chicken which had heaps of onion and garlic in it... oops. After dinner he took me back to my house but I refused to kiss him.

#34 Fire_fly

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:45 PM

I met my DH while working in a pub in the UK. He use to come in after work and we would have a chat. One day he asked if he could pick me up after work 12mid night as he had somewhere special to take me. (My more rational and mature brain would these days not take the chance) He drove me to Wales to watch the sunrise over the water in the city where my fathers family came from, which I had told him once in passing. it was lovely and surprising and 17 days later we were engaged.  ❤️❤️❤️

Edited by Fire_fly, 04 May 2015 - 05:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.