Ready Set Go Girls #247

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

#126 TCCC

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:44 PM

Hello! I'm a newbie here. Wasn't sure if this is the best place to post but thought I'd give it a go. I'm on my first ICSI cycle - have finished all the injections and have my pick up tomorrow morning (my first ever surgery/anaesthetic so a little nervous). Hope it all goes OK. Spreading the potential baby love xo

#127 Gee gee

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:34 AM

Hi everyone. I have been stalking this thread and posting occasionally during my own IVF journey.

Ababy82, I'm so sorry that you had nothing to transfer. That was also the outcome for me on my last cycle and I know how devastating it is. I don't have any real words of comfort but I hope that you have some support around you and that you are looking after yourself.

Happylady, I'm so pleased for you. It seems they really found your needle in a haystack. Good luck for a healthy and happy 9 months.

AFM, well I said after our last cycle that it would be the last one as it seems I truly have terrible egg quality. But my DH and I also said we would stop TTC at the end of this year. So after 3 months off and plenty of time to re-group, we are on to our final cycle before the year is out. I feel very relaxed about the outcome and know that it most likely will not result in a pregnancy for us. At the same time, I also feel that we need to do this cycle to finally close the door.

#128 Bedge

Posted 01 December 2014 - 11:34 AM

Hillplain - Where are you at? Did you get any news yesterday?

Jo.F - What's menopur for? Good luck with stimming this time round!

Ilovebaby - Sorry, I can't help with those questions. Hope it all works out for you :)

Ababy - I'm so so sorry to hear your news. I'm lost for words
for what to say, so I will just send my love .. you are in my thoughts xx

TCCC - Yay for your pick up this morning. I hope it all went well. I had my first collection on the 21st. This was also my first surgery and anaesthetic. I was totally fine, right until I was in the waiting area talking to my FS - and then I burst out in tears. ha! Hope it all went well and that you got lots of eggs! Report back!

Gee Gee - Wishing you all the best with your last cycle.
I hope your miracle baby appears xx

#129 Happylady

Posted 01 December 2014 - 06:42 PM

Gee gee- best of luck for the new round. Are you doing PGD? I have everything crossed that the last round is THE round for you.

Tccc- I hope the epu went well and you got good numbers! I qalso uite like having an aesthetic- I always feel so calm when I wake up.

AFM- I had my follow up BT today and my hcg has tripled so I am thrilled. I will be bowing out of this thread now but will be back to stalk for good news.

Thank you again so much for your support ladies, particularly Jo, embie, Annie and gee gee who have been with me since the beginning. I hope and pray that you will all get your BFP very soon. Luv to you all.

#130 EmbryoAgogo

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:13 PM

HAPPYYYYYYYYYLADY THAT IS AWESOME!!! My eyes have actually watered - what a last ray of hope, a true rainbow baby. Your positivity has been amazing throughout this, wishing you the breeziest pregnancy in the whole world, you've earned it. Literally jigging about with glee. xxxxxxx

But against that good news, I'm so sorry to hear yours ababy82. I can't give you comfort but I hope you spend time to grieve and be kind to yourself. You've done everything you can, and been so brave and determined. xxxxx

Bedge - five is GREAT! Really can take the stress out of the next few cycles knowing you've got that back up. When's your BT for this one?

Jo.F - countdown is on! Yay for CD4, lets hope this is the one xxx

Hillplain - awesome to fit in a FET before Christmas! Do they know when the ET is yet?

Hi ilovebaby - sorry can't help much, I usually go by follicle size (18-24mm is when it starts to be big enough, if that helps).  From my records, and sorry I don't know what CD it was but it was prob around CD10, my lining was 7.7mm and I had 18 follies, around 12-10mm with a number around 6mm. Your lining doesn't sound too bad for early on, hope it catches up for you.

AFM - ET today! I ovulated SIX DAYS EARLY - I attribute it all down to less stress, my cycle has been gradually lengthening for months. Was another easy transfer, though I did burst into tears straight after just from the emotion. Guess as this is my last but one from this cycle, the pressures on and it was hard to see another little embie on the screen knowing that this might fail like the others.. and DH is feeling ridiculously positive about this cycle too so we've just really got our hopes up. BT is on the 11th.. and with no work I am going to be one craaaazy 2ww'er!

hugs to anyone I've missed xx

#131 Aurorasky

Posted 01 December 2014 - 09:26 PM

Thank you all for your kindness and support.  I'm done with my own ovaries, but not finished TTC.  I am determined to be a mother - that's all I can be and all I care about being. Not being one is out of the question, but will have to go a different route. I will keep reading this forum to check in but please understand it can be a difficult place to be with so much good news around ...

Hillplain and Embryo, wish you luck for your transfers, and sending lots of love and hugs. xoox

#132 hillplain

Posted 02 December 2014 - 01:35 PM

Hi Ladies,
Ababy  - I am so deeply sorry. It is a truly horrible outcome and one that unfortunately several of us are not unfamiliar with. I would encourage you it you feel up to it to visit Eggdonationaustralia's forum. There are some great threads there to read through if you feel that you want to go down that route when you are ready. I can only send big hugs to you as you work your way through the grieving process of retiring your ovaries.
Embie -  great news - congrats on being PUPO! I hope that the 2WW does fly by for you! What did you have transferred?
Happy - great news. I hope that all continues smoothly from here on out and you have a very uneventful pregnancy!
GeeGee - Man can I relate to you! I hope that this cycle goes well for you and you get some great quality eggs this time around. Look forwards to sharing your journey!
TCCC - Welcome to you too and I hope that all has gone well and that you got some lovely eggs that have fertilised.
AFM - well what a week. Have been to Melb and back yesterday to have intralipids and another BT. We got an update on Sat and we still had 8 going then but 4 were not as good as the other 4. They were supposed to freeze them on day 5 which was Sunday. When I met with my nurse on Monday after lunch they had still not frozen anything as they were still waiting for them to get to Blastocyst stage. I was really stressed that out of the 20 eggs that we had collected from my sister that we would have nothing by the end. AS it turns out they did manage to get 2 frozen. I am a bit disappointed on the number but pleased and greatful that we at least have something. On the other side I had not ovulated on Saturday and we are still waiting for Monday's test to come back. I have another BT in the morning to see how we go and get a transfer day but it 'could' be Monday!
Hi to anyone else out there! - HP

#133 Jo.F

Posted 02 December 2014 - 02:44 PM

Again Happy, so excited for you. We would all be lost without eachother huh :) Good luck on the rest of your journey xx

Bedge - Menopur is just another type of FSH. I've not used it before but I'm hoping a different medication will do the trick :)

Gee gee - good luck for this round. I really hope you get your miracle x

Embie - woo hoo! ET already :) I hope the little guy is burrowing in for the long haul. Lots of sticky vibes your way xx

TCCC - How are you feeling after EPU? How many eggs did you get?

Ababy - I'm sorry you've reached this stage of your journey but fingers crossed you have success another way xx

HP - It is disappointing to start with so many and end up with 2 but you see it happen so many times. And as everyone will tell you, it only takes one :) good luck with the BT tomorrow.  Hope your ET comes around soon!

AFM - BT and scan on Friday morning to see how things are going.

Hi to anyone I've missed x

#134 TCCC

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

Hi all,

I got 30 eggs, 21 of which they injected, 11 of which successfully fertilised. I was very sick last night but feeling a little better today. Still can't walk around without help and still lots of pain, which I was totally unprepared for. Transfer is likely either Fri or Sat, but they said they may need to cancel if I don't get better soon (and freeze them). Crikey!

Hope everyone is doing well and sorry to hear those going through tough times.

#135 Bedge

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:36 PM

Happylady - Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months ahead xx

Embryo - Happy 2WW! Keep busy, see friends, spring clean, anything to keep yourself busy. It will fly by! My BT is on Monday.

Ababy - Totally understand, do hope to hear from you very soon though!

Hillplain - 2 is great news! Well done! So at this stage Monday could be 'the day'?

TCCC - Yay for 11! As mentioned, I had collection on Friday 21st, but the Monday I was seriously doubting my ability to do transfer on the following Wednesday, luckily I started to perk up from Monday. I had mild OHSS. Wishing you a speedy recovery and fingers crossed for lots of blasts to grow!

AFM - Still waiting, waiting, BT is on Monday. No real EPS, although I am very itchy today.

xx

#136 EmbryoAgogo

Posted 02 December 2014 - 06:51 PM

Hi All,

Ababy - of course, we understand xxx

Hillplain - Thank you! What a roller coaster for you, but hurray for two! Fingers crossed you can get transferred on Monday. How is your sister recovering? For my transfer, my clinic don't really give details on grading etc, all I know is it had defrosted 100% in tact and was already expanding. Number three of our four, all non ICSI'd etc.

Gee Gee - welcome back! Where abouts are you in your cycle? Sounds like you're both in a good place - I hope this is a comfortable last cycle for you (and last because of success..) xxx

TCCC - welcome! Wowser 30 eggs! no wonder you're sore.. hope you are able to take it easy and recover. Hope you're well enough for a fresh transfer, but the success rates are pretty much the same and it's a much nicer cycle without coming off all the drugs. Hope those 11 are hatching nicely for you xxx

Jo - thanks lovely! Bring on Friday xxx

Bedge - Thank you - yes, good advice, need lots to keep me busy!! Here's to a fast week for you till Monday! No symptoms always seems to be a good sign so fingers crossed xxx

AFM - symptom spotting all over the place, and ravenously consuming everything in my path (any excuse :)). Booked in for a 90 minute stress relief massage tomorrow to get distracted from the crazies xxx

#137 SestraSestra

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:55 PM

Hi everyone - I'm back! I have been out of this thread for a while, we took a month off between cycles.

We're now gearing up for a natural (ie unmedicated) frozen transfer. Until today it hasn't felt real - but I'm now on cycle day 10 and had my first blood test this morning. I have to go in for another test on Sunday morning, from what I understand it's basically just a waiting game to see when I ovulate so they can schedule the transfer 5 days after that.

It is such a different feeling this cycle to last time, not having injections or such invasive monitoring.  In a way it doesn't feel really 'real' - I think after such a long road to even get to this point, plus the disappointment of the cancelled transfer last time, I am afraid to even think that it could be really happening.

Obviously I know there's no guarantee of success (quite the opposite!) but still, we obviously wouldn't be doing it if we thought it wouldn't work at all. So it is a funny feeling.

Has anyone else had any experience doing acupuncture in conjunction with an unmedicated FET? The acupuncturist I am now seeing through my fertility clinic tells me I have stagnant energy, and that I am generally quite 'cold' ... she didn't put it quite so bluntly but I was given to understand that my uterus is not currently a warm & welcoming environment. Consequently I have been directed to avoid cold food and drinks, eat soup instead of salad etc! I can't help but feel it's a bit silly ... not to mention tedious in Sydney's 30 degree heat and humidity - but at least it gives me something to do!

Hope everyone else is going well - I'm going to have to take some time to read back and catch up on everyone's news, will do personals next time!

#138 Jo.F

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:11 AM

Had my scan this morning. Only 3 mature follicles. About 7 in total but at the moment the rest are too small.

Totally devvo. The last time I got around 18 and only ended up with 2 eggs. So, knowing that not every follicle contains an egg I don't have much hope for this cycle :down:

I'll do personals later when I'm in a better mood x

#139 Gee gee

Posted 05 December 2014 - 08:32 AM

Jo F, I'm sorry to hear that you don't have the numbers you were hoping for. Did you do the same protocol this time? 3 follicles is enough to go ahead though and it might contain the one egg you need. But as someone who always has low numbers, I know how discouraging it is.

Embie, when is your bloodtest?

Bedge, I hope everything is travelling well for you.

Sestra, I have been very skeptical about acupuncture in the past. Having said that, I decided to try it about 3 months ago (I have used it in the past for different things) and I have seen a marked difference in my cycles. My luteal phase lengthened over the 3 months from 11 to 14 days and my post O temps were higher and more consistent. So I definitely think it has an impact.

AFM, I am using growth hormone this cycle. DH forgot to put my next 4 shots in the fridge despite me asking him to do so, so I have had to throw them away. $800 down the drain. To say I am not happy is an understatement.

But the good news is that I had a blood test on day 3 of stims and my e2 has already risen nicely, which is a real change for me. Usually it takes forever for my ovaries to kick start. So it looks like I am responding well and again I put this down to the acupuncture and the work we have done on my liver. First ultrasound is on Monday and I am hoping that there are a few good size follies there.

Edited by Gee gee, 05 December 2014 - 08:33 AM.

#140 South Coast

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:33 AM

View Posthillplain, on 02 December 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

Hi Ladies,
Ababy  - I am so deeply sorry. It is a truly horrible outcome and one that unfortunately several of us are not unfamiliar with. I would encourage you it you feel up to it to visit Eggdonationaustralia's forum. There are some great threads there to read through if you feel that you want to go down that route when you are ready. I can only send big hugs to you as you work your way through the grieving process of retiring your ovaries.
Embie -  great news - congrats on being PUPO! I hope that the 2WW does fly by for you! What did you have transferred?
Happy - great news. I hope that all continues smoothly from here on out and you have a very uneventful pregnancy!
GeeGee - Man can I relate to you! I hope that this cycle goes well for you and you get some great quality eggs this time around. Look forwards to sharing your journey!
TCCC - Welcome to you too and I hope that all has gone well and that you got some lovely eggs that have fertilised.
AFM - well what a week. Have been to Melb and back yesterday to have intralipids and another BT. We got an update on Sat and we still had 8 going then but 4 were not as good as the other 4. They were supposed to freeze them on day 5 which was Sunday. When I met with my nurse on Monday after lunch they had still not frozen anything as they were still waiting for them to get to Blastocyst stage. I was really stressed that out of the 20 eggs that we had collected from my sister that we would have nothing by the end. AS it turns out they did manage to get 2 frozen. I am a bit disappointed on the number but pleased and greatful that we at least have something. On the other side I had not ovulated on Saturday and we are still waiting for Monday's test to come back. I have another BT in the morning to see how we go and get a transfer day but it 'could' be Monday!
Hi to anyone else out there! - HP

Hillplain!  I've been following your posts for the last month and I just want to wish you all the very VERY best for this cycle.  Thinking of you!!  And, I think 2 to freeze is excellent, you should be very pleased.  xxxxx

#141 TCCC

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:10 AM

Hello!

I'm on my mobile so it's difficult to scroll up and down to post to each of you, but I hope things continue to go well for you all (or improve at least!).

The clinic admitted me to emergency yesterday and now looks like I'll be in the hospital for a few more days with severe OHSS. Yay... Feeling better today though but still a long way to go. My transfer has been cancelled and everything will be frozen on day 5 tomorrow.

Sestra, I'll be sure to follow your story to see where you end up because I'm likely to head the same way.

:)

#142 EmbryoAgogo

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:33 PM

Oh Jo! I'm so sorry to hear that. Do they know why? Is that something that has happened before? Going from 18 to 3 is so strange - but maybe (pseudo science coming..) it's creating better quality, over quantity? What CD are you on? Thinking of you xxx

Gee gee - oh shiiiiiiiit, I can only imagine the hell you let loose on DH. Mine had endangered our very first lot of meds by keeping them under his desk instead of his work fridge for the day, because it would be 'awkward'. Cue a very long rant about what I would give for my part in the process to just be awkward...!! Anyway, that's great news on your reaction to the meds. What have you been doing for your liver? Have you been seeing a naturopath? Good luck for your scan on Monday. My BT is on the 11th.

Sestra - welcome back! I've done acupuncture off and on, haven't really noticed much difference but, I figure it can't hurt. I would've had it for this ET but the acupuncturist was off sick, and didn't want to go in the next day especially for it. Yep they'll keep monitoring you until they call the ov day, with a scan thrown in too to check your lining, thickness and for polyps etc. Once they call the ov day, they then schedule you in for a transfer, but it's usually not confirmed until a BT the day before to check your progesterone etc is good. I agree, this is my second FET and it's strange - so un-invasive. We're also hoping for the best but expecting the worst. I hope this is a first time success for you xx

TCCC - wow, you sound very chipper considering what you've been through!! Hope you get such good numbers you never need to stim again! xx

AFM - pootling on quite nicely, no symptoms for the last few days which means I can focus on other things. It's hard to forget what's going on when you've got constant cramps! After today, just 5 full days before test day. DH and I are already planning our pub crawl should the results be negative, might as well try out all the new sydney small bar award winners to drown our sorrows!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.