Birth of Isaac Douglas *Pic added*

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Iliketoflounce

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:22 PM

My Due Date came and went I was due 26/09 and Isaac arrived 6 days later

I didn't realise I was in labour as my contraction ranged from 2 minutes to 5 minutes and when I called the hospital they told me to wait till they got unbearable or till I went to my hospital appt at 3pm.

When I got to my appt I was still having 'irregular' contractions but they were getting very painful (I even told DH to stop turning corners on the way to my appt). I got taken in for the ctg the midwife said she would do a vaginal exam to see if I was dilated at all (I was 1cm on Sunday when I went in for decreased movements).

After 15 minutes on the machine and quite a few contractions she checked me to find that I was 7cm the midwife then told me I was being sent straight to the birth centre (attached to the hospital). I then laboured on the bed a bit longer while the other midwife and student midwife got my files together and got the gas and air for me. I then hoped in the bath (I was given the choice to have a water birth) after 3hrs in the bath with just gas I was 9cm my midwife broke my waters to try to get me to 10 cm but after 30 minutes I was not dilating that last CM despite pushing took 3 goes to get out of the bath and moved to bed where I managed to go to fully dilated.

Once fully dilated it took 36 minutes of pushing he got stuck and just as they got those scissors ready for an episiotomy I gave one huge push and he came flying out. I got a first degree tear. Looking back my labor was 6hrs in total with Isaac Douglas arriving at 9:36pm and weighing 6lb 13oz and 51cm long.

I may share a pic later for now I need to eat

ETA Pic please scroll down

Edited by Iliketoflounce, 05 October 2014 - 08:37 PM.

#2 Guest_canadianmum_*

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:42 PM

Congratulations, enjoy your meal!

#3 Andrews mum

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:53 PM

Awesome news, well done.  Those 'my month' threads seem a long time ago, so glad it has all finally worked out for you.  Good name too!

#4 Therese

Posted 05 October 2014 - 07:57 PM

Congratulations :)

#5 seashells

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:34 PM

Congratulations Iliketoflounce, and thanks for sharing your story!! Welcome baby Isaac!!

#6 Iliketoflounce

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:35 PM

Isaac at 1 day old

Attached Files

#7 Iliketoflounce

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:53 PM

Thanks Mrs Zee I am in so much love

Also his birthday is the 2/10

#8 Mooples

Posted 05 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

Congratulations, welcome to the world little man 😃

#9 ~*bella*~

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:21 PM

Aawwwww gorgeous boy u have there. Massive CONGRATULATIONS soooo happy for you. Xx

#10 seashells

Posted 05 October 2014 - 09:37 PM

He's gorgeous - look at those amazing eyes! Very happy for you.

#11 Noah's mum

Posted 13 October 2014 - 01:29 PM

What a lovely story, Congratulations!

He is so beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.