Welcome to the September 2014 Parents Group

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ~A2~

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:55 PM

Hi everyone

This is a follow on group from the Due In Groups section and you are all most welcome to chat here as you have been in the other area.

I hope you are enjoying the new members of your families and that they are doing well.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything.

Regards

Ali

DIG Moderator

#2 gracie1978

Posted 27 October 2014 - 11:27 PM

Ooo Gold
But soooo lonely :p

Hope you're all doing well :)

Harrison is going great guns, he just gets a bit moody if I'm slow with his bottle!!

G x

#3 ShezB

Posted 28 October 2014 - 11:32 AM

Hi I'm new to this and a new mum. I am looking for friends as none of my friends have babies it makes it a little difficult to be social. I'm also looking for a play group in my area Forest Lake. Qld.

#4 Perpetual Sound

Posted 28 October 2014 - 06:41 PM

Oh my look at us - we're DIG graduates! :D

I hope everyone is going along ok at home. My Hazel is awesome and I am very grateful that I'm actually getting to enjoy this newborn experience this time around. My recovery is still pretty slow but getting better each day.

Welcome ShezB! Congratulations on your little one! Is this your first bub? What did you have?
I'm in QLD also but I'm in FNQ. We have a Facebook group of ladies who were all due in September and there are a lot of us from QLD on there - the Brissy/metro ladies are actually in the process of organising a meet up. If you're interested in joining the FB group, please feel free to private message me and I can add you - the group is a secret group so that anything that we post in there no one else can see so its a very safe space of support. There is a really good mix of first time mums and mums of a few in the group and no cliques!!

If there are any others here who arent already part of the FB group but would like to be, please also feel free to message me :)

Twilight - how is Callie going now???

#5 Cacti

Posted 30 October 2014 - 03:31 PM

Just saying hello so  I remember where this is!

#6 twilightangel

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:00 PM

Callie is doing well thank you.

We took her to see the paed a month ago in regards to her heart murmur and they were concerned about her weight gains as she didn't reach birth weight again until she was between 3-4 weeks old so we had to do weekly weights as they wanted to make sure it wasn't due to the murmur or low milk supply. We saw the paeds again last week and thankfully they were happy with her weight gains which ranged between 200g and 320g a week. The paed also said her heart murmur is getting harder to hear which is a good sign that it is closing as it was very loud previously.

Last week we got to pack away the premmie clothes and she is now wearing 0000. I can't believe that she will be 8 weeks old tomorrow. It's gone by so quickly.

Callie is such a dream, I love just holding her and watching her explore her surroundings. I love watching the older kids cuddle her and form there own bonds with her.

I am thinking of joining the Facebook group as it would be nice to chat to you all some more.

#7 Perpetual Sound

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:09 PM

Thats all fantastic news Twilight!! So great that she's finally kicking goals and you're really able to start enjoying her.

Its pretty amazing to watch the siblings interact. Henry asks every day if he can hold 'baby Hazel' and he told me tonight that he loves her :wub:

I commented on a thread today saying that the biggest thing that I have learned from the group is that its possible for 80 women to be in a group without cliques, judgement, and online passive agressive crap lol

ShezB - I have sent you a reply to your PM - please excuse the delay as my internet has been down the last two days.

#8 ~A2~

Posted 01 November 2014 - 09:24 AM

Hi all

Glad you have found the area and great to see a new face.

Just for clarification can I say the FB Group is not covered by EB guidelines and members are free to join both or just one.

This is EB though so continuous reference to FB will be removed.

Pluses and minuses for both but we have had a few groups report to me lately of issues in groups and non pregnant people or family joining them.  This can not happen on EB as I would step in.  Choose one or both, up to each member.

Happy chatting wherever you post.

Ali

#9 gracie1978

Posted 01 November 2014 - 07:09 PM

Thank you so much Perpetual Sound :)

Edited by gracie1978, 01 November 2014 - 08:31 PM.

#10 Perpetual Sound

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:16 PM

PMd you Gracie

#11 Musefan2010

Posted 01 November 2014 - 08:16 PM

Hey check us out in our fancy new group!

Hope everyone is enjoying the new additions to their family, I know we are!
It's definitely a new challenge every day, but I'm loving it. A few more hours of sleep certainly wouldn't go astray though.... ;-)

#12 KoalaTeeTime

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:18 PM

We've graduated :-)

I've been so slack from here, I apologise. I'm going through finally adding more info into Harrison's baby book so need to check my past posts for the special moments like when I talk about first movements and stuff like that.

I don't want to jinx anything, but I am loving my little boy- he brings me so much joy. All during pregnancy I thought I wanted a little girl, but now I can't imagine it any other way, nor would I want it any other way :-)

#13 gracie1978

Posted 01 November 2014 - 10:53 PM

I feel exactly the same way about my Harrison :)

#14 Perpetual Sound

Posted 02 November 2014 - 01:30 AM

Little boys are so much fun. The older they get the more you laugh. They're just SO FUNNY! 😄

#15 Iliketoflounce

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:40 PM

Yay a new spot to talk

Isaac is a month old today he loves to smile and giggle/coo

#16 ~A2~

Posted 09 November 2014 - 10:07 PM

Hi girls.

Just checking in again.  Feel free to start new topics as you need to.

Ali

#17 pink_polkadots

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:50 PM

Hi All,
I'm Sarah and new to this forum and group. I'm from South Australia.

My LO was born at the beginning of September this year, and I came across this group (was never apart of the due in September group) so thought it would be a good idea to join.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

The FB group sounds great - will PM you Perpetual Sound to be added :-)

#18 Iliketoflounce

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:52 PM

Welcome Sarah :D I will tell Perpetual Sound that you have sent her a pm :)

#19 ~A2~

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:33 PM

Hi all

Please refrain from mentioned FB group in each post.  Members are free to choose one or both but contact details are mentioned above so this should remain the EB thread.

Further references will be edited.

Regards

Ali

#20 Lakey

Posted 29 November 2014 - 06:52 PM

Hi everyone

I wasn't part of the DIG just stumbled across this topic.

Our dd was born towards the end of Sept. She's out third child.

Is anyone else having major issues with getting their LO's to go to sleep and then actually stay asleep? ?

#21 Perpetual Sound

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:06 PM

Hi Lakey!

Congrats on the birth of your DD!

My LO is about the same age as yours and yes - she likes rock n roll all night, and party every day.

There is not much sleep happening here...

She feeds every 1.5-2hrs and although she's generally not upset, she's just AWAKE!

She spends a lot of the day watching her older brother... who spends a lot of time doing his best to keep her from sleeping....

How are your older two going adjusting to your new addition?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.