June 2014 parents thread

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#51 Hands Up

Posted 05 August 2015 - 08:43 AM

Hi there! For some reason I don't get notifications of this thread either, I just remembered this morning to go looking :-)

Gosh everyone's babies are really growing up! Harry turns 13 months on Friday and he is developing quite a strong personality. Quite clingy at the moment too but the daycare illnesses continue so often he just needs cuddles. At the moment he has conjunctivitis and DH is home with him as I only have three weeks of work left and desperate to get my project finalised before I go.......

Harry STILL isn't crawling or walking. He moves around on his stomach or bottom. According to the doctor he is still within the normal range and his weight and the length of his legs (he is very tall) is inhibiting him. If he hasn't started properly crawling or walking by 14 months we have to take him back for an xray of his hips but he is perfectly happy sliding around in other ways.

He is great with food these days (but not as advanced as some of the babies in here - I couldn't give him a lamb chop for instance) and can eat quite big pieces with his 8 little teeth. Much easier to cook for! Most of his tantrums are food related, we are either not feeding him fast enough, or he tries himself with the spoon but gets frustrated. He also cries as we make up his bottle as he wants it NOW!!! He still has milk morning and night (half formula, half cows milk) but I am hoping to dump the formula for good in the next couple of weeks.

And this next baby is due in 6 weeks!!! Argh!!!! Anyone else thinking about number two?

#52 Princess VFR

Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:08 PM

View PostHands Up, on 05 August 2015 - 08:43 AM, said:

He also cries as we make up his bottle as he wants it NOW!!! He still has milk morning and night (half formula, half cows milk) but I am hoping to dump the formula for good in the next couple of weeks.

And this next baby is due in 6 weeks!!! Argh!!!! Anyone else thinking about number two?

OMG Alex does this too. For 40 sec while her bottle disappears in the microwave she has the biggest tantrum like a drug addict needing a fix. You would think she would have learnt the routine twice daily for the last 2 months. But no, every time she still freaks out!

I wouldnt worry about Harry not walking, he will probably skip crawling altogether and then magically get up and walk when hes ready. I know boys who havnt walked until 18months.

Im so excited for you with No.2 almost here! Ill be looking out for news when you get home.

I desperately want another, but DH will need some convincing, (i hope soon before its too late). Although I think Im crazy to do it as I get hardly any help now with 1 and a fulltime job, imagine what it would be like with 2 babies.

#53 Princess VFR

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:05 PM

almost 15months old.....time has really gone by. Is anyone else still here?

hands up.....you must be getting close to popping out no2?

Biancabee how are you?

Lezze?

We're hanging in there....only just. Full time work is draining me, and mum definitely has her hands full looking after bubs, but thankfully she is loving it. Ive managed to get a place in a good local daycare for 2 days a week next year to give mum a break, just need to prepare myself for the daycare "immunity rollercoaster".

Alex is growing heaps, sleeping well, dealing with teeth much better these days. Shes a real chatterbox and copies everything we say.....no more swearing from DH and I!!

With food we have our ups and downs....she really wants to feed herself, and only ends up eating half of what I would have fed her, but at least she loves blueberries and strawberries so im happy if she feeds herself those to top up whatever dinner shes eaten.

Shes really become super independent now and happy to run around and play on her own, as long as she can run back to us every so often to show us what shes playing with.

How is everyone else. Id love to hear all your stories

#54 kristyemilia

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:07 PM

Gosh it's been a while ladies! I forgot all about this forum until I was talking to a friend about her DIG!

We are doing wonderfully on our end. Currently cutting the bottom molars which is a fun time. Poor bugger gets the most red raw bum from teething.

We had a family shoot on sat and got a sneak peak
http://www.nellieire...-gorgeous-theo/

Hope you and your little ones are all doing well :)

#55 Beeeeeez

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:38 PM

Hi ladies! I havent been recently on here, just life and being busy with other things, unfortunately... I am home sick with stupid cold, half of my body aches, so thought to report and see how everyone is doing?

I bet all the bubs are now very active toddlers! Mine certainly is unstoppable! She is 16 and a half month now, started walking properly when she was 14 months- It took her a while as she was so unsecure. She is crazy about cars and goes mental if we dont allow her to sit in front seat of the car for few min when we park at home. Loves paw patrol, diddi and b... and eats like there is no tomorrow! She finally loves child care and is not chucking tantrums going there, but still chucks a tantrum if you say no to her! Her vocabulary is increasing every day, although I believe she is needs to know more for her age, both her father and I are not very talkative so that must be it. What pains me the most she still doesnt say 'mum' but says: cat, cheese, chase, car, daddy, quack, chair.. etc.. surely to say mum cant be that difficult??
Hope everyone is good! :)

#56 Princess VFR

Posted 31 October 2015 - 10:39 PM

Wow...it's been ages since I've been on this thread.

Great to hear from you kriztee. I remember the angst when Theodore was one of the first to come so early in our group. It's wonderful to see you both doing so well.

Biancabee your DD sounds so much like mine. Her vocab sounds more advanced than Alex though.
Although she did say daddy first, then yiayia (grandma in Greek) mummy was last. We have a mix of Greek and English words- her first was baby, then dirty, puppy... Taaaa, ta taa(walkies) gala (milk), and the funniest is allo (hello with a Greek accent whenever she picks up my phone)

Alex walked comfortably on her first birthday, she was taking 3 steps from about 11 months ( both DH and I walked before 11 months)

Sleep is awesome...still has 2 naps a day and 7.30pm to 7am overnight.
Food is still hit and miss, loves fruit and 500ml milk a day. Im not worried as her little pot belly tells me she isn't starving.

The hardest thing right now is she gets frustrated and throws tantrums when we can't work out what she wants. I can't wait for her to start communicating better.

I've finally convinced DH to try for no.2 hopefully we can give her a sibling soon.

I hope everyone else is doing well

#57 Princess VFR

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:12 AM

Alex has orientation next week for 2 days of daycare starting Jan.
She's growing so quick, copies everything we do. Unpacking the dishwasher (I constantly find dirty cutlery in my draw) she loves to sweep and wash the car. Obsession with water, she empties our fishpond daily, mostly on herself, but fills her watering can and waters everything but the plants. Just think how obsessed I was with cleaning the floors and keeping the dog away from her so just doesn't get germs.....ha...she now dunks her face and blows bubbles in the pond, or the dogs water bowl!!

How are all you ladies and babies going?

Edited by Princess VFR, 28 November 2015 - 08:54 PM.

#58 kristyemilia

Posted 04 January 2016 - 05:22 PM

Going great here too! Can't believe how fast the time has flown.
Theodore loves water too! forever playing in the dog bowl!
Cars, dirt, water, balls, being crazy, he's a real character!

#59 Beeeeeez

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:43 AM

Good to hear everyone is doing well. I havent been on here in a while, but thought to check in.

Things going well, we have had 18 month vaccination ( a month late as she was sick). She is still waaaay above the chart for height.. a good distance from the 97% line!! She is very tantrumy at this stage and the word of the week is no... just keeps saying no, no, no... all day long!! She still doesnt say mum/mummy (so devo about that), but says things like cheese, shake, bubbles.... why not mum I am absolutely clueless!

Hope all is well and have had a good holidays :)

#60 kristyemilia

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:48 PM

Lots of tantrums here too biancabee!

#61 Princess VFR

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:09 AM

hey everyone....how are you all?

were almost 2 now....running and starting to string sentences' together. Eating with a spoon or fork. Dancing singing and jumping like a trooper.

settled into daycare well. But been sick almost on a weekly basis with coughing and runny nose.

DH turned her around in her car seat and we went through a few months of vomit all over the car for car trips longer than 10 minutes.....(that was so much fun to clean up on the side of the freeway)

sleep is hit and miss, we get weeks of her sleeping through, then a string of night time wakings and refusing to go back to sleep. And always on the nights I have a big day of work the next day!!

hope to hear from you all

#62 Hands Up

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:19 AM

So good to hear how you are doing! Harry is going great guns. He was slow to walk (18 months) but you wouldn't know it now as he races around everywhere!

Tantrums are still occurring on a regular basis, complicated by the fact that he has a seven month old brother although he know adores his little brother, thank god.

We have been very lucky in the sleep department, but I figure the tantrums make up for that.

Harry is currently in a "posting" stage. Everything gets shoved in corners, hidden behind the bookcase, packed in his daycare bag. He is also obsessed with shoes at the moment? Weird?! I find shoes all over the house. Doesn't matter if they are his or not.

He has a bit of a speech delay (diagnosed as mild) so we are still on single words, and not very many of them. We have ruled out hearing issues etc and are concentrating on his (very expensive) weekly therapy lessons. Hopefully we see some improvement soon.

How is everyone else doing?

#63 Hands Up

Posted 12 July 2016 - 03:01 PM

So our babies are now two! How is everyone doing?

Harry is going well. There have been some small gains in his speech but slow going. The food related tantrums are still awful and he is currently being driven bananas by his ten month old brother who is into everything!

But Harry is such a loving, gorgeous little thing. He is starting to become more confident too which is great.

Hope everyone is going well....

#64 Princess VFR

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:30 PM

Hey Girls. Its been a few months since I was on here.

So exciting hearing all about the individual personalities. Glad to hear Harry has walked. How does he go with jealousy about his little brother? How are you coping with 2 of them?

We also have mega tantrums about food. She is so picky and will only eat a limited number of things. Peas corn bread and pasta, also apple and kiwi fruit and strawberries. And Milk and cereal. THATS IT. Despite the varied menu I taught her as a baby, shes a pain in the a*se to feed.

We recently went on a holiday to Greece for a wedding with a stopover in Dubai. Hubby stayed home so I went with my mum and Alex. She was reasonably good, but it was hard work keeping her amused so she wouldn't tantrum or loose her sh*t. Never again with a 2 yr old I tell ya.

thankfully her sleep settled down after the jetlag, we're down to 1 wake up a night and only once or twice a month.

Im 3 months pregnant to a little baby sister for Alex due end of Jan17. Excited and happy, but also a little apprehensive at 2 little souls dependant on me. We'd been trying for a few months then gave up considering I was getting ready for my trip- what do you know I discovered I was pregnant while over there (to DH of course the day before flying over there)

#65 Hands Up

Posted 13 July 2016 - 02:45 PM

Two is hard but it's amazing how quickly you get used to the juggle, congratulations!

Ahhh picky eaters. It's killing me. Harry changes his mind every few days about what he will eat which is doing my head in.

I feel like he is too young to get tough on yet (eat this or nothing type of thing) but when he is a bit older we are definitely going to get stricter about it. At the moment I just worry that he isn't getting enough nutrition! We are going to the doctor this afternoon as he has lost weight recently which has panicked me a little bit. He is 75th percentile so by no means underweight but I would have expect a weight plataeu rather than a weight loss as he start to sprint around the place.

#66 Beeeeeez

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:00 PM

Congrats VFR! :)

#67 kristyemilia

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:13 PM

Sorry I've been a bit awol! I'm 37 weeks with a little sibling for Theodore, such a different experience this time from having our tiny man at 32 weeks. I have been heavily monitored and much sicker than last time but by some miracle I am keeping it together.

Congratulations VFR! such exciting news for you too :)

Otherwise everything here is going well, terrible twos have struck a bit late but they're definitely here ha ha.

#68 Princess VFR

Posted 29 August 2016 - 11:03 PM

Thanks kriztee, congrats to you too!

Great to hear all is well with baby no2- good luck with the next few weeks!

Yes terrible twos hit here too. Oh the meltdowns!!

Teething is at its worst for us this week...I'm hoping it will pass quick- she's such a grump and pain in the ass ATM. I'd be real mad if I didn't feel for all the pain she must be going through

#69 Hands Up

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:47 AM

Congrats to you Kriztee!

Very excited because Harry has started putting two words together. Speech therapy is starting to pay off! Last night he said "out please". He was in the bath. Cue lots of clapping and cheering from DH and me!

#70 Beeeeeez

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:12 AM

Congrats kriztee! How exiting! :)

#71 kristyemilia

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:13 AM

Miss Adaline was born on the 10th of Sept by c section after struggling along with preeclampsia. She was 38w6d so nearly made it, but unfortunately no VBAC.

Hope all is going well with you VFR.

Theodore is great with his little sister, sure is testing the waters though, he's very strong willed and has some tantrums here and there but he's such a lovely little boy the rest of the time ha ha :)

#72 Hands Up

Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:20 AM

Glad to hear Adaline arrived safely:/) congrats!!

Going ok here, Harry isn't beating up on his brother quite as much and Jack is now 13 months. My challenge is the constant snatching as they both like the same toys.

Harry now putting three and four words together so we are finally getting somewhere with his speech thank god!!

#73 Princess VFR

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:18 AM

Congrats Kriztee, such a beautiful name!!
Im sorry you didn't get a VBAC, but glad you had a safe delivery.

Great to hear about Harrys speech improvement. As for beating up on his brother, that's what Im afraid of with Alex, Im really worried how she will go with baby sister.

For now she is excited about baby kicking in mummys belly, although Im not sure she quite gets what is actually going to pop out of mummys belly in a few months.

Shes sleeping through the night again which is a godsend ATM with me hitting 3rd trimester and starting to feel tired now- just as work is starting to get real busy.

Food and dinner time tantrums is still our no1 issue. I don't understand how she will eat everything sitting in the trolley in the supermarket, but wont eat anything sitting at the dinner table at home. Still, shes growing and still in the 90th percentile so I just have to run with it!!

#74 Catzilla

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:19 PM

Can't believe it's been so long since I've been back here.  Third birthdays will be coming around soon for our kids.  Where the heck did the time go?  I've just been reminiscing over the Due in ... threads.

#75 Hands Up

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:32 PM

It's crazy right?! Can't believe it.....

Harry is super tall and extremely verbal, after all that therapy (eye roll). He's such a lovely boy and very sweet. Is developing a very amusing sense of humour too.

His little brother on the other hand, my god. 19 months and tantrums like a demon.... I  have that kid who throw a themselves on the supermarket floor etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.