Mum's doing ivf/icsi/fet ?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ivfmumof2

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:26 PM

Hi everyone.  Hoping there is some other mum's out there I can talk to.....I am a mum of 2 amazing & long awaited ivf babies dd almost 4 & ds almost 2 & now we are going back for #3 as we still have 2 embies in the freezer (all from the same batch!)
I have been trekking through the forums to find some others in a similar boat but have actually found myself shunned from ivf forums as I already have children. Sad but understandable to a degree. Are any other mum's out there doing ivf etc or have done recently, or thinking of in the near future. Would love to chat 😊

#2 spring_rain

Posted 18 November 2014 - 06:45 PM

Hi, I'm a mum who has been doing IVF for #2 for about 2 and a half years now. I'm happy to chat.

#3 ivfmumof2

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:46 AM

Hi spring_rain :-) thanks for the reply. It's just so hard when you have no one to talk to in real life hey, this ivf stuff can be pretty isolating. How old is your #1? Where are you up to at the moment?

#4 spring_rain

Posted 19 November 2014 - 06:05 PM

Ivfmumof2, I have a daughter who is 4. Earlier this year, we did 3 fresh cycles in about 7 months, all PGD. I had 2 chromosomally normal embryos from those cycles. After that I had a break for about 5 months while we did some work on our new house, moved, did up our old place and sold it. I had one untested embie transferred in Oct, but it didn't stick. I'm now on a bit of a break to lose weight etc, and will transfer in the new year.

Totally agree - it can be completely isolating. How are you travelling along? When will you do your next FET? Or will you be doing another stimulated cycle?

#5 ivfmumof2

Posted 20 November 2014 - 08:05 AM

Wow what a trooper....3 fresh cycles in 7 months is alot to deal with. I don't know too much about PGD but I do know what it's like to go through a fresh cycle & get nothing to transfer at the end 😢  I hope that the break does you good & next year will be your year.
Definitely no more stim cycles for me. We have 2 embies in the freezer & will try them both, but whether its 2 or 3 or 4 kids in my future I will be happy.
We made the decision when we were doing the fresh cycle that ended up being our daughter that it was our last. Financially & emotionally it was enough. We have been so blessed to get our 2 out of that one cycle. I've actually had 3 transferred from the same batch but we lost one in between our 2 at 7wks.
So I'm all geared up to start & just waiting on my stupid AF to start which, of course, because I'm waiting is taking forever.  Not unusual for me but still super annoying.
I was all excited about it but last night having coffee with my best friend (no kids) I mention to her that we were thinking about it & she cuts me off with "after bali cos I'm not drinking alone" (we are going begining of march) and now I feel like I can't tell her what we've decided & that I'm going to ruin her holiday if I'm pregnant. I couldn't care less if I can drink cocktails in bali or not, I'll have 2 kids with me anyway so it's not as if I can (or want to) go out & get wasted anyway. It's kind of upset me & stressed me out a bit. Anyway....another example of the ivf isolation I guess.

#6 spring_rain

Posted 23 November 2014 - 04:49 PM

Ivfmumof2, it's great that you've gotten your kids from the one stim cycle!  I'm sorry to hear your bestie wasn't able to see the bigger picture - seems to be fairly common though. Only a very small number of people seem to know what to say.

Thanks for the well wishes. Hope to hear more news about your FET. Also hope you have a wonderful holiday, drinking or not - lots of massages and girl time.

#7 strawberryblonde76

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:51 PM

Edited by strawberryblonde76, 28 September 2015 - 01:52 PM.

#8 ilovethebeach

Posted 30 September 2015 - 07:35 PM

Hi IVFMumof2,

I have 2 kids, DS 10 and DD 8.  DS was a clomid bub and DD was no fertility treatment.

We have been trying for No 3 for 10 months, 4 cycles of clomid no luck, 1 round of injectables no luck.  Now onto IVF.  Had an EPU on mon, we are having pgd so looking for a FET in Nov.

Happy to chat :)

Elly

#9 tac87

Posted 01 November 2015 - 10:38 AM

Hi ladies, I'm not sure weather you guys are going to continue this thread - I also can't find the right place to post!
We have just begun our process of IVF with PGD. I have a  small part of the X chromosome deletion (what our DS passed away from last yr) and my DH has a BT.
We found out a cpl of wks ago that the BT has a part so small that I won't show up on the PGD test - bugged. So we are continuing on to just have my deletion detected.
Our feasibility test should be back by fingers crossed start of Jan. We are able to do a cycle (or 2 to stock up) to freeze before than but like usual with my luck by the time they could get me into have the appt to get the low down ,drugs ect I will already be into my nov cycle and then with my dates Atm I will miss their dev/Xmas cut off by 1 bloody DAY grrrr. We are hoping I go even just a day early for this next period so I just scrap it in to do Dec cycle.
i can already see what the waiting for appt, periods, calls and news is going to be like Will try to stay zen about it all

#10 strawberryblonde76

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:14 PM

Hi, I am keen to join this thread if it's going to continue? I have a 4 and 6 year old (natural and 'easy' conceptions). I am now 39 and been trying for 14 months (including one cycle of IVF with one fresh and one frozen transfer without success). Just started second cycle. Basically we've left it too late is what I keep getting told (meaning, there's no reason for infertility other than age). Would love to connect with you ladies if you are keen.

Strawberry

#11 strawberryblonde76

Posted 01 February 2016 - 07:24 PM

Hi, I am keen to join this thread if it's going to continue? I have a 4 and 6 year old (natural and 'easy' conceptions). I am now 39 and been trying for 14 months (including one cycle of IVF with one fresh and one frozen transfer without success). Just started second cycle. Basically we've left it too late is what I keep getting told (meaning, there's no reason for infertility other than age). Would love to connect with you ladies if you are keen.

Strawberry

#12 tac87

Posted 03 February 2016 - 01:19 PM

Hi Strawberry, I to tried to make buds in this group but maybe just join us over in the PGD as you already have.

I have a 4 yo DD and we had a DS in Nov 2014, (both conceived naturally also) he passed away at 6 weeks due to the genetic syndrome xq24 (part of the X chromosome missing) that I carry. That is when we found out I actually have this.... BAM info overload so here we are now trying are hardest to give our DD a healthy sibling through IVF PGD. It's a very slow process though so have my patient hat on.

I did my cycle in Jan and only got 4 eggs retrieved (and all I had been told leading up is "all good, your a spring chicken you'll respond fine" well well well it was far from "no worries" we've ended up with 2 day2 frosties

Anyway next cycle starts at the end of this month with Meds dosage higher and crossing our fingers for more eggs!!we are banking as many as we can/afford so we can send all off together to test!! My clinic doesn't offer a cost per embs, it's unlimited amount tested for $4500.

Catch up in PGD buddy Group ok. X

#13 strawberryblonde76

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:59 PM

Ok sounds good. I am so sorry for the loss of your DS, I really hope you get a result by screening through pgd. It's a hard road but I figure no regrets right?!

Chat in the other thread. My EPU is Monday.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.