Ready Set Go Girls #248

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
284 replies to this topic

#26 lizzylizzy

Posted 10 December 2014 - 12:58 PM

Thanks so much everyone- bt says level of 39- which is less than we would like it but all other hormones looking good. Another blood test on Friday..... And so the waiting continues.....

#27 hillplain

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:42 PM

Hi everyone,
Not sure where my last post went so I am so sorry for not updating you!
Lizzy - it is over 30 which is great. your doubling time is the important one so I hope that Fridays BT comes back with an awesome number for you. I can also unfortunately relate to the low numbers and no transfers. I would nearly say that is harder to deal with than anything else as you spend so much time getting to transfer and to be told you don't even get that chance is heartbreaking.
GG - I hope that all has gone well with your trigger and you get some awesome little eggis tomorrow! Good luck and hope that you recover fine.
GK - when is your BT? I have terrible trouble with the 2WW which I am sure that you are all about to learn... The progesterone turns me into a nutcase on top of the general crazies.
Jo - Wow that is awesome news that you are there already! It feels like time has flown by - you can tell they are not my ovaries can't you! I hope that all goes well for you on Friday and all of those follies have some great quality eggs for you.
Emby - I don't know how you have not POAS. I promise myself I wont do it but it never works.... I hope that tomorrow brings some great news for you too. It is sounding positive!
Waited - Hi and welcome to the group. We have transferred 1 and 2 at a time over the years. I have had 3 BFP - 2 singletons and a twin pregnancy with a double transfer. I have also had BFN for double transfers to. That being said they were all day 3 transfers and 1 embie was always behind too. This cycle we are transferring a donated egg embryo and transferring a top quality day 5/6 blast so only doing 1. I will be interested to see how we go with this!
Bedge - from the bottom of my heart I am sorry. BFN suck royally. I am pleased to see that you have handled it so well. It must also be great to have those frosties up your sleeve too!
Lucy - welcome and it is also great that you have some great quality frosties there to have another couple of goes too! How do I get over it? Well I work (constantly) on the if the fear of going again is greater than the fear of a life without children then we will stop. Until then - one step at a time....
AFM - I am sorry I have been out of control busy. DH has been working away. I work 80kms for home so am away for 10-12 hours a day then rush home and feed all of the farm animals and run dogs etc which is also quite time consuming and I am just so tired! I started clexane injections on Sat night and am already purple from it which I think can be attributed to the dexa... Whatever it takes I guess. Tomorrow is transfer day for us. I am just sitting here trying to work out how exactly to work out how to DTD with DH tonight and getting to Melb and back tomorrow. DH is about 250kms away so if I go to him tonight and then on to Melb tomorrow (another 350kms) it will mean I have to drop him off and keep coming home on my own late tomorrow night. If not he will have to come home and then we only have a nearly 500km trip one way together. Who would have thought that this would again become a logistic exercise? BT following transfer working on the fact that something will thaw and be transferred will be the 22/12 so it will either be a really awesome or crap Christmas for us!
Stay sane everyone one and baby dust to all - HP

#28 EmbryoAgogo

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:57 PM

eeeshk Lizzy - like you've not waited long enough huh! Have everything crossed your numbers double like crazy and you can celebrate on Friday xxx

Wow HP -  no wonder you're tired!! How come you need to DTD with DH tonight, is that what your clinic recommends to increase success? My clinic doesn't mention it but I've read on other boards that their clinics recommend it. Hope you somehow find a way to make it work, and all the best for transfer today tomorrow. So much build up to it for you, I really really hope this is your cycle. Yeah doing them near Christmas really makes or breaks the festivities!! And for POAS-ing, I'm getting an almost phobic reaction to them, I've just been disappointed with those 3 minutes and those 2 bloody lines too often. More fear/avoidance than strength of character :D

AFM - I feel no different than any other cycles. A few odd cramps, light back ache, emotional - it's very hard to believe this one is going to be a success for us. Will be great to know one way or another and get on with things.. and glad I'm going out tonight because I can't google 'IVF BFP no symptoms' any more!!! xxxx

#29 Jo.F

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:46 AM

good luck HP, Embie and gee gee with your Transfer, BT and EPU

xxxxx

#30 gk_onfire

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:43 AM

I agree, a big week for everyone here.

Embryo I know your BT is today because we transferred on the same day. I hope all signs are wrong and you have had success this time around.

Hillplain Woah I sometimes forget how much easier it is for me being based in Brisbane (just a few km's from the FS and the hospital).  I really need to count my blessings!

Bedge I am sorry for the BFN, I am actually out this month too. :( I didn't even need a blood test as AF arrived.  I'm already thinking that I might transfer my two frosties next month.

#31 EmbryoAgogo

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:35 AM

BFN from me :( had got my hopes up, especially with stronger cramps yesterday which I never get without spotting. Thanks for thinking of me Jo xxx

I'm definitely bouncing back quicker, the more BFNs I get!! Was very upset but feeling OK. Does help getting DH to get the results, he can talk through the next steps and hear all the information properly, rather than me just wanting to get off the phone and shut them up. My hormones etc were good it just didn't take. We're taking the next cycle off, and the next cycle in January will be a PGD cycle with different drugs designed to get the most possible eggs, so that's going to be reeeeeally comfortable :omg:. Have any of you guys done a cycle like that? I remember all the horrible drugs some of the guys on this board were on when I first started and I'm guessing I'll get to experience some of that fun myself in Jan.. I just hate having to have so much intervention. I wish I knew what was wrong..sigh. :shrug: Oh well, onwards and upwards.

I'm so sorry that AF has arrived GK :( but screw 2014, 2015 is going to be where it's at..

Best of luck today HP and Gee Gee. xx

#32 gk_onfire

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:05 AM

Oh no Embryo.  I agree - screw 2014!  Bring on the new year.

This was my second IVF cycle.  The first cycle I was on 300IU of Gonal f.  However they only retrieved 5 eggs and only 3 fertilised.  This time they gave me the maximum dose of 450IU and it resulted in 12 eggs with 6 fertilised.  The higher dose made me feel a bit more bloated/emotional but worth the result.

Which drugs were you on? We'll probably be on the same cycle in January.

Sending positive vibes HP and Gee Gee!

#33 Jo.F

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:13 AM

Aww Embie I'm sorry :( I was really hoping you'd get a win this month.  Have you done PGD testing before? It'll be good to know that you're at least producing good eggs - one less thing to worry about. The cycle I'm on right now was meant to be a "Change everything to get heaps of eggs" thing but we all know how that's panning out lol. I'm on Menopur  (usually take puregon or orgaultran) and I have to say it hasn't agreed with me too well but they might use something different for you.  I'm glad you're not too down in the dumps. Roll on 2015 xxx

GK - sorry yours didn't work out either :( We really are lacking good news in here lately huh! Hopefully 2015 is better for everyone.

Just gotta wait to hear how HP and Gee Gee went.

I've got my EPU tomorrow and I had a dream last night that I ended up with 3 embryo's, 2 grade 1's and one crap one haha. We'll see what happens I guess.

#34 Gee gee

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:16 AM

Embryo and GK - I'm so, so sorry that it was a BFN. Let's hope 2015 brings better news.

Embryo, I haven't seen a correlation between higher drugs and better outcomes. So far for me, lower doses have seemed to work better. But everyone is different and it's always good to try a new protocol. But if I remember correctly you got some good quality blasts last cycle, so PGD would be a good option, I reckon.

AFM, we went into EPU thinking we would get 4-5 eggs. I ended up with 10, with nurse thinking probably 8 of those are mature and good quality. So we are off to a decent start, now I just hope that most of those fertilise and that there is at least one good one hiding in there.

ETA: Jo F, my worst cycles have been with Menapur. It really didn't agree with me. We went back to Gonal F this cycle (225 dose) which seems to have been much better. We now just have to see if the Human Growth Hormone has made a difference to egg quality.

Edited by Gee gee, 11 December 2014 - 11:19 AM.

#35 Jo.F

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:49 AM

Gee Gee - wow, 10 eggs is great! FX they all make it to the end :)

My FS thought Menopur would do the trick but it seems to have been a total disaster. I guess you don't know until you try though.

#36 EmbryoAgogo

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:02 PM

Thanks all - I was on orgalutran and gonal.f and got good numbers (11ish retrieved, to 8ish fertilised, to 1 fresh and 3 frosties I think?), but not the genetic quality it seems. The FS just mentioned a different trigger to DH, but I'll find out more in Jan I guess :) I'm going to see a highly recommended naturpath in Feb, so I'll harvest up those embryos and then do the best I can with the body I've got, ready for a transfer later in the year.

Gee Gee - good numbers! Do you get the next call on Saturday re fertilisation? Sorry, amazing how the memory fades so quickly..

Jo - the bestest of luck tomorrow!! 3+ embryos is a good thing! I hope your dream is conservative :) :)

#37 Jessi110

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:09 PM

Hi ladies!
This is my first time on hear so bear with me as I get to know all the terminology! I have been hesitant to write but I think it will be good for some support throughy everything.

I will not tell you my whole life story but short version. We have been through iui a few times and we were successful the first time but ended in mc, other times were not successful!
So I  am about to embark on my first IVF cycle. I am also a type 1 diabetic so it's all a little Stressfull thinking about what's ahead!
I start synarel tomorrow and am a little worried about what side effects I am going to have! I am not doing egg collection until mid jan so i am a little worried how I will go over Christmas. I am staying positive and wishing for the best. Reading all your stories is helping me understand things a lot better.
Thanks

#38 LucyLoves

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:38 PM

Hi all,
Sorry I've been quiet on here since my initial posts. I took some of your advice and took some time out to process it all... Doing all the things I couldn't have done if I was successful with my last cycle. I ate the best Gorgonzola cheese pizza!!

Embryo, GK and Bedge- I'm sorry about your BFN's. I'm with you though.. Roll on 2015!

Gee- well done on your numbers... Fingers crossed for great fertilisation rates

Jo- hope all has gone well with your EPU and I wish you a speedy and uneventful recovery.

#39 waiteduntilnow

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:29 AM

All sorry for being away my work trip was full on. Good luck today Jo and GeeGee.

Thank you all for the info think we have decided for a double we are OK with the idea of twins.

More personal this afternoon I promise when I come out of my procedure.

Lx

#40 hillplain

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:57 AM

Hi Ladies I am sorry about your BFN emby. I seem to get worse with each cycle. Is am glad that you are dealing with it OK.
Geegee - congrats on your EPU. Great numbers.
AFM - transfer was yesterday on 1 of our 2 blast frosties. Finally I think we got it right. Lining was great and all went well and DH was there too. BT will be the 22nd.
More later when I get to a computer with some net access.

#41 Gee gee

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:27 PM

Hillplain, glad the transfer went well.

Stalking Jo and Waited for details of your EPU today and LizzyLizzy for news on blood test.

AFM, we ended up with 9 injected with ICSI but only 5 fertilised normally. This is a low fertilisation rate for us (usually we have 100% fert) so I don't know what went differently. But I am still relatively happy given that we were only expecting 4-5 eggs to start with. When we triggered my E2 was only 3000 and we only had 5 follies at a good size, so I expect the others were probably just a bit too immature. Now for the dreaded day 3 call on Sunday. This is when I usually get bad news so I am hoping for better news this time.

Edited by Gee gee, 12 December 2014 - 03:14 PM.

#42 waiteduntilnow

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

Epu went well.  Lots of sleep today. 19 eggs no idea on quality or maturity. I guess I will know tomorrow.

Jo f how did you go?

Gee Gee congrats on the no's (although you didn't get your normal fert rate I am hoping those left are the strong ones) and I am sorry to be naive but why will the call be bad on Sunday.

Hillplain crossing everything for a bfp right before Xmas.

Embryo and bedge sorry for your bfns. I hope you both have some fantastic news soon. What happens next four you guys?

I know I am missing a few. I promise to catch up in the next few days.

I have no idea what to expect yet so sorry of my questions are insensitive.

#43 Jo.F

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:38 PM

Hi everyone. Just woke up from nap #2

We got 5 eggs and after ICSI there's only 4 left. I knew it was going to be a low number but i'm still so disappointed. I read all the time about people getting double figures and I've never had any more than 8 eggs. I know everyone is different and I'm being a sook but it's just once I'd like to be the one with big numbers  :down:

Although to be honest 5 is probably good since they told me initially that I only had 3 mature follicles but when I got there today they said I had 6 so the follicle:egg ratio is pretty good. Now we have to just cross everything and hope that these 4 all fertilise.

Waited that's a great result. I'm embarrassed to say that I'm jealous but I'm happy for you :)

Gee gee - I hope these 5 hang in there til the end and you get some frosties. I have everything crossed for you xx

HP - congrats on being PUPO! I hope the tww goes quickly for you

Lizzy - hope your levels have risen. Let us know!

I feel pretty average still. I've really hated this whole cycle. The Menopur made me feel like crap and then I got so upset and stressed about my poor response that I've been feeling sick all week. I couldn't stop crying today at the clinic, it was quite pathetic. I'm gonna go grab one of my cats and curl up on the couch.

Hope you're all doing well and thanks for thinking of me today xxxx

#44 Gee gee

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

Waited, that's a great result! For me, my embryos have struggled to get to day 3, which is why I am dreading bad news on Sunday. If they make it to day 3 they usually power along, it's just the initial 3 days which seem to be a hurdle. I'm hoping for a couple of 8 celled embies at day 3.

Jo F, I'm sorry you didn't get the eggs you would have liked. But if all 4 fertilised (fingers crossed) it is still quite a decent outcome. But I am the same as you, it seems no matter what I do I end up with 5-6 fertilised eggs. Just once I would love some more to work with, especially seeing as it seems I have crap egg quality.

Any news LizzyLizzy?

Edited by Gee gee, 12 December 2014 - 06:34 PM.

#45 Jo.F

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:05 AM

Gee gee - will they actually call you on Sunday or do you have to wait until Monday for an update? I hope you get some good news :)

Jessi - welcome! Synarel is a horrid thing to have to take but everyone handles it differently so hopefully you don't get too many side effects.

Lizzy - Hope you're ok. We're all dying to know how your BT went x

AFM - all 4 eggs fertilised which is a first for me, I've never had 100% fertilisation. Now I feel quite childish for being so upset yesterday. But they've still got to make it to transfer and I won't get another update now until the day unless something bad happens. The FS said he was going to transfer 2 so hopefully we have 2 left

#46 waiteduntilnow

Posted 13 December 2014 - 11:42 AM

Jo f 100% is awesome. I can understand being upset though.

Gee Gee crossing my fingers for a good result in Sunday.

Got the call from my fs. There were actually 14 eggs (scientist got the no wrong) 11 were mature, 6 have fertilized.  Need to wait for Monday to know more. Transfer either Monday or Wednesday depending on how they are going.

Edited by waiteduntilnow, 13 December 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#47 Gee gee

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

Jo F, I will get the 3 day call on Sunday. I can ask for a 3 day transfer if only one is looking decent, but I think we will push on for day 5 regardless, even if that means there is nothing to transfer.

Are you doing a day 3 or day 5 transfer? BTW I am so pleased all 4 of yours fertilised. You never know what is going to happen in this game, do you?

Waited: great news that 6 have fertilised and I hope that they are all dividing and growing as they should.

#48 Bedge

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:53 PM

Hi Girls,

Just popping in to say and check up on all of your news.

TCCC - I have been wondering about you. How are you recovering after your hospital stay?

Waited - That's brilliant news! yay!

Jo - Similar brilliant news re fertilization! When will you next hear about them?

Gee - I have everything crossed for you to receive some good news on Sunday.

Lucy - hehe, yay for cheese .. and terrible things that we shouldn't eat, but are soooo good to eat! I hope you are doing ok. Just one day at a time. It's just all so much to process!

Jessi - Welcome! I hope everything goes smoothly for you. I've only done a antagonist cycle, so unsure about the side effects with your meds. Good luck xx

Embryo - Big hugs. xx

Hillplain - Where are you at?

Am unsure if I have a virus or if the physical toll has hit me with the cycle. AF was quite heavy and long, have been feeling rather .. rubbish since last weekend (around when AF started). But maybe I'm just a bit sick. Hmm. Christmas is in full swing at our house! We are hosting two families this year, so menus to plan, tables to make festive, food to be ordered! Ek! xx

#49 Jo.F

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:37 AM

Waited - what a great result. Hope they are all still going strong

Gee gee - have you heard how yours are going? I really hope you get some good news :) My clinic always does day 4 transfer. I've asked about going to day 5 but my FS reckons there is barely any difference between day 4 or 5 :shrug:

Bedge -  AF after a failed cycle is always brutal. I hope you're feeling better because it sounds like you don't have time to be feeling yuck with all your xmas planning!. I won't get another update now on my eggs until transfer day. I've never done a fresh transfer though so I guess if they were to all fail before Tuesday I'd hear something.

HP - how's the tww going for you?

Hope everyone else has had a good weekend x

#50 waiteduntilnow

Posted 15 December 2014 - 10:34 AM

Gee Gee how did you go yesterday?

Jo f any news on your eggs and how they are going?

How is everyone else going?

Waiting in news about my little ones hoping all is OK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.