Playgroup ideas

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 *chicka*

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:01 PM

I am taking over the running of a church run playcentre (playgroup) as one of the current leaders are moving on. I have been going to this playgroup for 3yrs. We do free play, craft, and story/ singing. It runs from 10-12noon on a Friday.  It's $2per child per week which covers morning tea and craft costs. There is a roster for buying/cutting kids morning tea (fruit) And bring something for the adults.  

It runs well, but is run like this as it's just the way it's always been run.

So my question is, what do you like / dislike about how your playgroup is run/ structured? And do you have any suggestions or ideas on how we could do things differently?

Thanks.

#2 Tender Heart

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:08 PM

Sounds like the general set up of the two I attended over the years - the format worked well at each, even though it was run by very different people.

There was a morning tea roster - ended up about once a term when I took something along and was also designated to help wipe tables, clean up craft stuff.

Ours ran - indoor program, short group time (usually songs and a story), outdoor time, then a quick goodbye circle song which cued everyone to pack up and leave!

One different thing - we took our own children's snacks, so no shared fruit / need to cut stuff up.

$2 a week is very reasonable!

#3 Furfeathersfleece

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:59 PM

At our playgroup I dislike the junk food served at morning tea (Biscuits, red cordial). That's the main thing.

I like that we do simple craft and free play.$2 makes it very accessible.

I wish ours had some morning tea for the mums...I'm always starving between breaky and lunch!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.