WORK FROM HOME

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tam1984

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

I am currently looking for administrative work which I can do from home part time.  I am currently on maternity leave with my 5mth old baby boy and am due to return to part time employment from next month, however worried that financially we won't be able to cope.  Returning to full time employment at the moment is just not possible with my daughter starting school next week and the price of childcare outweighing what I would be earning.
I have extensive experience with Accounts, Data Entry, Typing/Transcription/Digital Dictation, Invoicing, Debt Collection and Secretarial duties.  
Does anyone know of any work going in the Brisbane area to help bring in extra funds?

#2 Pearson

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:43 PM

suncorp were looking for people to work from home - had to be 20 mins from Carindale or something like that - it was on seek.com.au
they had set hours though, which may not suit.

Also, there is something on Stay at Home mum you can keep an eye on.

#3 Pearson

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:46 PM

this is the link to stay at home mum https://www.stayatho...s/job-listings/

#4 Caribou

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:54 PM

If you're any good with social media, i.e., monitoring facebook/twitter/instagram comments and stuff, you could find a load of those jobs going where you can work from home watching, responding, emailing approbate depts with those.

#5 Chocolate Addict

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

Virtual assistant? just google, there are a few sites around or you could start your own.

#6 SplashingRainbows

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

I have my own business and work from home sometimes. I always still arrange care for my children though as I don't believe it is possible to work efficiently and effectively with little ones in tow.

Occasionally - sure - but as a regular thing - I doubt an employer would go for it.

#7 SplashingRainbows

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:52 PM

I have my own business and work from home sometimes. I always still arrange care for my children though as I don't believe it is possible to work efficiently and effectively with little ones in tow.

Occasionally - sure - but as a regular thing - I doubt an employer would go for it.

#8 Beancat

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:21 PM

I agree splashing Rainbows.  My kids are in CC too.  I have my own freelance business and work from home and at clieint sites.  I always have my kids in cc when I work from home; today being the exception as client asked for additional work to be completed on the one day I don't work

View PostMadnesscraves, on 21 January 2015 - 04:54 PM, said:

If you're any good with social media, i.e., monitoring facebook/twitter/instagram comments and stuff, you could find a load of those jobs going where you can work from home watching, responding, emailing approbate depts with those.

Where do you find these jobs?  I have a friend who would be perfect at this

#9 just roses

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:26 PM

I do a lot of work from home but virtually none of it billable while the kids are at home with me and awake. I will monitor emails and I have my phone on me, but mostly I work from home when they're asleep at night.

Just my experience, but it is really hard to work at home with kids. On the odd occasion when I have to, I get frustrated and they get frustrated. No one is happy!

But if you can get work you can do after hours from home, that might be a good option.

#10 mayfaery80

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:01 PM

I'm expecting my first baby in June 2017 and would give anything for a work from home opportunity. My current job is casual so I won't be able to get maternity leave. I write children's books in my spare time which is why I only work casually. Hopefully I'll be able to get one published and have a best seller!

#11 mayfaery80

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:07 PM

Hi :)

I'm expecting my first baby in June 2017 and would give anything for a stay at home job opportunity!
My job is casual so I won't get maternity leave. I'm not particularly happy in my work anyway. I write children's books on my non work days so hopefully I get published one day and have a best seller!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.