Bloody MASH

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Princess VFR

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:51 PM

Damn you DH for watching MASH every night at the dinner table.
Now whenever the MASH song comes on TV DD (8months old) freezes (no matter what she is doing) and stares at the TV for the entire song!!

I was one of those pregnant women vowing never to let my baby watch TV. Ha....yeah I got that one down pat.

I also vowed to never use a dummy or give her formula!!

I'm so much wiser now....

BTW did I mention how much I hate MASH?     I hated it growing up, I hate it more now that I've watched all the reruns....twice!!!

#2 cashmere

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:54 PM

Even worse the title of the song is Suicide is Painless!

#3 SelceLisbeth

Posted 27 February 2015 - 07:59 PM

pshaw! MASH was my saviour as a kid. I have every VCR tape and then I also have the DVDs, one even personally signed by Loretta Switt.

MASH all the way!

#4 purplekitty

Posted 27 February 2015 - 08:01 PM

She shows good taste.

#5 happywombat

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:14 PM

The lyrics of the song were written by Mike Altman the son of  Robert Altman ( director ofthe original MASH film)
Mike was 14 years old at the time.

Obviously whilst the tune was used for the TV series it was thought best not to play the lyrics.

#6 HRH Countrymel

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:20 PM

Whenever my DP is giving medical advice providing first aid he will preface it with: "Don't worry I've watched a LOT of M.A.S.H.!"

But seriously your DH watches it every night?

Hasn't he seen every single episode 8 gazillion times already?

#7 marple

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:24 PM

He must watch a lot of MASH. Use the frozen to the TV time to read an article in the paper!

I feel your pain though as my DH is the proud owner of the entire series on DVD. I really don't like it and never have.

#8 TwinMumNat

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:27 PM

Urgh. MASH. Thats all.

#9 Jenflea

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:38 PM

I hate MASH. Always have.
I learnt all MY extensive medical knowledge from ER.

#10 Agnetha

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:39 PM

I still Love MASH

#11 JustBeige

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:42 PM

Team MASH here. Even after all these years the ep when Henry dies still makes me sob.
Oh and the final ep of course

#12 Oriental lily

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:50 PM

I like mash, but after 40 years of reruns I am pretty much over it to OP . As a kid I used to always wonder why a show about war and doctors was named after mashed potato lol

#13 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:51 PM

Love MASH.

at least the theme on the TV series is just music not lyrics for "Suicide is Painless"

Through early morning fog I see, visions of the things to be, the pains that are withheld from me, I realise that I can see...... That suididalsuicidal is painless, it brings on many changes, and I can take or leave it if I please.

#14 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 07 October 2016 - 03:53 PM

love MASH!

#15 Oriental lily

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:04 PM

Only time I have heard the lyrics to the opening theme was in the mash movie , which was more serious than the tv show ( even though the tv show had serious parts )

#16 Princess VFR

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:34 PM

View PostHRH Countrymel, on 07 October 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

Whenever my DP is giving medical advice providing first aid he will preface it with: "Don't worry I've watched a LOT of M.A.S.H.!"

But seriously your DH watches it every night?

Hasn't he seen every single episode 8 gazillion times already?

Yes seriously even now, 18 months later since I started this post he still watches the re runs.....again!!

#17 José

Posted 07 October 2016 - 04:38 PM

Oh, i wouldn't allow that. I hate the show.  I cringe just hearing the theme song.!

#18 purplekitty

Posted 07 October 2016 - 05:09 PM

I've been watching it again on Foxtel recently.
It is as good as the first time I saw it.

Although this article almost spoiled it for me.
http://observer.com/...l-reviews-mash/

#19 Jenflea

Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:47 PM

Roseanne is still reasonably funny as it was 25 or 30 years ago.

#20 IamtheMumma

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:09 PM

Team MASH here.

XP hates MASH with a passion. Every once in a while, I'll take a photo of DS in front of the tv when MASH is on and send it to XP. I'm rewarded with a rant about not letting DS watch crap TV hahaha

#21 Ianthe

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:14 PM

I've always loved MASH. One of the best shows ever made.

#22 NunSoFeral

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:17 PM

I think Hawkeye was my first crush.
And Trapper
Frank still has to be the one of the funniest characters ever written and so well acted.

And I so adored Henry - I also cry everytime
Radar and Clinger - were there ever better sidekicks?.

Edited by NunSoFeral, 31 October 2016 - 03:19 PM.

#23 seayork2002

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:23 PM

I have not seen this for years I think I could watch this but not Friends as I think some shows date better than others.

I love Yes Minister/Prime and Keeping Up Appearances (alhtough this one I do moan about some times) but not As time goes by or Are you being served

#24 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:25 PM

View PostNunSoFeral, on 31 October 2016 - 03:17 PM, said:

I think Hawkeye was my first crush.
And Trapper
Frank still has to be the one of the funniest characters ever written and so well acted.

And I so adored Henry - I also cry everytime
Radar and Clinger - were there ever better sidekicks?.

...and the sexual tension between Hawkeye and Hot Lips. The show had some of the best dialogue going...

#25 Ianthe

Posted 31 October 2016 - 03:36 PM

The way that they could write and act the pain and futility of war as well as make it funny was brilliant.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.