Ready Set Go Girls #249

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
182 replies to this topic

#26 Sparky10

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:54 AM

Thanks everyone for all your kind words. It is going to be long wait til I get my cvs results at 14 weeks but I am hopeful after making it this far that it may finally be our turn. I won't be posting anything further as I appreciate this is not the place but please be assured that I am thinking of you and cheering you all on from the sidelines.

#27 TCCC

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:20 PM

Welcome Hope! Some of us are still relatively new to this too, so we're in the same boat.

Shaynavyre, thanks for all your advice/opinions. I decided to cancel this cycle and hope everything's back to normal for a natural FET next month. If not, I'll go down the HRT path then. As for you, I hope this really is the emby that could and that your TWW ends in good news, despite all the other stuff you have going on! Good luck!

#28 OnlyOneMore

Posted 06 March 2015 - 02:21 PM

Hi all,

Can I firstly thank everyone for their posts which I find immensely humbling and helpful. Success stories like Sparky's give me so much hope, while at the same time I get strength from reading other people's journeys - so again, thank you all.

Blackcat- Yeah, I had 3 ectopics in 12months (I'm a bit of an overachiever it seems). I didn't include them all in my signature because i thought I'd just summarise my experience with IVF (to make things simpler). First ectopic was in my right tube (which was subsequently removed). Second one was in my left tube but ended up resolving itself without intervention. 3rd apparently almost made it's way out of the tube & implanted at the very end which meant they could squeeze it out and conserve most of my tube. I have also heard the abnormal embryo theory from a FS. I certainly never had any risk factors & achieved two "perfect" HSG results for my left tube both before and after my third ectopic - no evidence of blockage or scarring. Another FS suggested I might have a problem with the cilia in the tube (which they can't test for) & my current FS is obviously starting to consider that it might be endometriosis. I'm sitting in the recovery room post my laparoscopy as we speak so I suppose we will have an answer about that soon...

Waitedtillnow - I am so sorry to hear about your early ovulation. That is awful luck!

Sparky - I mentioned above that your story really lifted my spirits & that I am absolutely thrilled for you! Falling pregnant naturally is my ultimate IVF fantasy! I just want to wish you all the very best for your pregnancy. During my pregnancy, I suffered terrible anxiety (which I think is pretty common amongst us IVF girls when we finally achieve our dream). It can sometimes be difficult to shake that "it's too good to be true" feeling after so much disappointment & heartbreak. I hope this is not the case for you, but I thought I'd check that you were aware of the service "Mothersafe" just in case pregnancy anxiety does get to you. It is a public funded teratology & drug information service that operates at the RHW (sydney). You can phone them for evidence based advice on whether you can get your hair dyed during pregnancy/BF, whether the cheese you just accidentally ate in a salad will be a problem etc etc. I found it an invaluable resource because I was chronically worried about doing something to harm my very precious & hard to achieve pregnancy. All the best!

Shaynaryne - I have been thinking about you a lot today (especially while I was waiting to be taken into theatre cos there was absolutely nothing else to do but think). It is a funny thing to say to someone you have never met, but I really like you. Your dry sense of humour really resonates with me - particularly your idea about the PICC line - love it! I am so sorry you are going through such an atrocious time. Your story really put things into perspective for me. If you don't mind me asking, why do you need a hysterectomy in the future?

I don't have a much experience with pcos (being on the other end of the spectrum) but one my friends ironically has it with an extremely high AMH of 147 at 30! Anyway, long story short, she did multiple cycles with one IVF clinic with no success. Never had anything to freeze due to fragmentation & other quality issues. Anyway, she ended up changing clinics where they did something really novel - they froze her eggs on Day 1 post fertilisation, thawed them in batches & essentially transferred the best embryo that survived the freeze (no matter what stage it was up to) and boom she got pregnant. My reason for bringing this up is to say that it is extremely unlikely that the embryo they transferred didn't have similar fragmentation to her previous embryos and yet it resulted in a healthy little boy. The current system of visually grading embryos is known to be a flawed one so try not to fixate on it too much. The two best tests of an embryo is firstly if it survived the freeze (which yours has) and whether it achieves a pregnancy... So too early to know yet. I really hope this is the 'one' for you.

Anyway, all the best to everyone.
X

Edited by OnlyOneMore, 06 March 2015 - 07:48 PM.

#29 Catinblack

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

Shay - crossing fingers and toes that this is the one!! I tend to start off positive and then gradually each day brings a tad more negativity with it until I get AF !! You just never know tho.

TCCC - how frustrating for you. Ive done a medicated FET and they're fine, so don't worry about having to do that if you need to. The only annoying part was the pessaries but really you just do it and hope it works! I didnt have any negative side effects from the cycle either so it was pretty straight forward.

HP - how are you? Hoping your transfer went well on thursday.

Sparky - sending you all the luck possible that everything runs smoothly. Can they do the Harmony test to rule out chromosomal issues? I see that Genea is now doing them here in Australia as of next week i think. Theres an article on EB somewhere about it.

Welcome to Hope28

Im doing ok, have been a tad stressed about changing clinics, but I do feel that I want to try something different and see if it works. Im nearing O time and feel that its pointless TTCing naturally after being told about my blocked tubes, even tho my FS said they may have just have been spasming from the procedure and may not actually be blocked. We've tried so many months that I think they are blocked.

hope everyone is enjoying the weekend ;)

#30 Primadonna girl

Posted 07 March 2015 - 11:23 PM

Hi girls!

I hope all of you that are doing cycles are going well.

Sparky: what a wonderful story of hope! Congrats and I hope everything goes well for you!

Onlyonemore: thanks for sharing your friend's all embryo freeze story with us, it certainly is something to look into. I hope your lap results help you get some answers as to what has been happening.

Blackcat: I know how you feel changing clinics but this process is so intense that if you feel that's the right decision, then it's worth the hassel. I changed clinics for ivf 2 after getting my DS from ivf 1. It sounds crazy to change when the first clinic was successful first try, but I wasn't comfortable with the bedside manner of my FS who was compassionless and treated patients like a number.

AFM I am freaking out! I should start ivf 3 in a week and I have just found out that DS and DH were in contact with DS's gymnastics teacher on Thurs who has developed whooping cough! DS has had 3 pertussis vaccines ( he's 16 months) and DH and I had ours 3 years ago but there is still a chance that they could get it and pass it to me. Symptoms don't show until 7 - 20 days by which time I could be mid cycle! How would that affect the cycle or possible outcome? I am so upset because I was supposed to do ivf 3 last month and had to cancel due to a melanoma scare and this month this has happened! I'll call my FS on Monday and see my GP too but I was just wondering if anyone else could give me some info.

Thanks ladies... no one can understand my anxiety like you all can! xx

#31 OnlyOneMore

Posted 08 March 2015 - 06:17 AM

Hi Primadonna girl,

Just thought I'd write back straight away because I know what anxiety is like. I really don't think you need to worry about the pertussis risk. The recommendation is to have a booster every 5 years so your whole family sounds covered. Even if you contracted pertussis (which doesn't sound likely) I don't see how it would affect your cycle unless you developed a fever around the time of or post transfer (which could be managed with paracetamol). Pertussis isn't teratogenic (as in it doesn't cause birth defects) but can be catastrophic if a newborn contracts it. Even if you caught it during your pregnancy, you could be treated with antibiotics before the baby is delivered. Hope this helps. xx

#32 Sparky10

Posted 08 March 2015 - 06:31 AM

Thanks for the tip OnlyOneMore. I will definitely check it out. I think it is impossible not to be anxious about everything after taking so long to conceive. I've never wished time to pass by so much before! Best of luck for your next cycle.

Blackcat - I did discuss the harmony test with my OB but he didn't think it was sufficient for me because it won't test for my genetic condition. I'm a bit nervous about the CVS but I've spoken to several doctors about it and the view seems to be that the miscarriage rate is actually much lower than the quoted rate as long as you get someone really experienced to do it. So I'm going to the guy who is supposed to be the best in Sydney. Let's hope he is! As for your tubes, my tubes are not blocked and I have only conceived twice in 5 years of trying so don't give up. Hopefully your FS is right and they were just spasming.

Hope everyone else is having a good weekend. Sending baby dust to you all

#33 Primadonna girl

Posted 08 March 2015 - 09:08 PM

Thanks Onlyonemore, you have made the wait for tomorrow bearable!

#34 Tmay0183

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:52 AM

hi ladies.  I've been AWOL.  congrats sparky on your BFP.  seems so much bad news lately.  nice to read a good story.

so....stimmed the crap out of myself.  poor response.  they upped my puregon...still NOTHING on the left and only a few on the right....it got to be like there was about 10 follies over 15 and only 4 above 20...

EPU....3 measly eggs.  i was so guttered.  even the nurse thought we would get at least 9.  but in the end only two fertilised....

phone call today (day 3 post epu) and both of them are cruising along nicely both grade 1 and hopefully transfer on wednesday.

i was sooo happy cos to get past day three is awesome and gives me some hope that one might stick!

im all about the pom juice (i usually have very thin lining, like 5mm), avocado, pineapple and acupuncture this cycle....will try anything.  took another day off work today, so dont go back till sat... so a nice long break for rest and relax and transfer day bliss. hopefully.  not stressing.  not getting too excited.  just cruising along..  hoping that this is out turn!

much love and baby vibes.... will check in again soon xxx

#35 Shaynavyre

Posted 10 March 2015 - 04:56 PM

Only- Thanks so much for your post - it was really helpful. I didn't really want to burden the forums with gloom, so I waited till it was safe for you all to have me back! I hope the recovery from the lap was brisk and that you get some answers!

Black- Thank you - I think I'm the opposite - I start really negative, gain daily optimism, then get really down lol. There probably really isnt any point to starting off negative, if hope is going to creep up anyway, then I'm not really protecting myself from disappointment, just being a grumpy sook!

TCCC- I hope you're enjoying your month off, and are indulging in all of the naughty things! I was thinking - it might be something to do with the chemical pregnancy - your prog / bhcg might have messed with the cycle. Even with my really early miscarriages it took at least one really weird month before things went back to normal.

Primadonna- Wow - what a lot of health scares for a brief time! I hope the skin thing has been resolved without a nasty C. As far as whooping cough goes, I actually caught it 4 years ago now, when I was working at the WCH - it was pretty nasty, in spite of being vaccinated. (Last booster in 2008). Your GP can do a blood test to check your antibody levels (which will tell you if you are immune, or if you have contracted it) before symptoms show.

Sparky - I just wanted to apologise for my super emo state last week - on re-reading my post, I realised my self pity "no chance at a miracle" might have implied that I don't want to hear about yours! I am so happy for you - and I think I speak for all of us when I say stories of hope are never unwelcome.

TMay- It's all about quality! So to have two cruising along to blasts is AWESOME. Trust me! we had double digits fert, and none made it to blast. Hope both do really well, and you get to transfer a beautiful day 5-er and freeze the other tomorrow!

AFM - the doldrums have gone in a fit of productivity over the long weekend! Finally got the garden managed which feels great, and the washing is all up to date, ready to pack for the wedding this weekend.

No pregnancy symptoms, but my POAS addiction has reared it's stupid head...... a weird smudgey line on an internet cheapy this morning, so I went a brought 3 boxes of FRER's - and there's a "maybe" line.

I shouldn't have done it! Could still be a chem preg! Could be an evap, or test malfunction! Taking all my strength to wait until tomorrow morning to do the next one!

Got a wedding over in Perth this weekend, we fly out Thursday. I haven't brought a gift yet, they didn't do a registry, and we're not really close - plus we're spending $2000 just to be there.... any ideas on something that doesnt seem cheap but is?

(Is it really terrible to give away an unopened duplicate cutlery set we got for our own wedding???)

Hope all you lovely ladies are doing well!

Posted Image

#36 TCCC

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:25 PM

I see something there Shaynavyre!!!! I hope this is the one for you! After that 'maybe', you totally have to do another in the morning (if you can hang out that long). I'm trying to remain calm yet optimistic for you! Haha. Re my cycle, I wondered that too. And hope you're right!

#37 Shaynavyre

Posted 10 March 2015 - 05:46 PM

Ha! I caved and did another just after you posted this - pretty much identical in how faint it is, but came up very fast, and is still there, 6 minutes and counting :-)

#38 OnlyOneMore

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:35 PM

I agree with TCCC. Definitely a line. Not an evaporation mark if it can be reproduced on different sticks. So excited for you!!! Fantastic news.
X

#39 Shaynavyre

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:19 AM

I think I was expecting a nice, bright, fat second line this morning.... instead FMU@6am was virtually not there (a tinge of pink) - and 7 is a bit more promising but still faint as all hell.

Is it really bad if I go to my GP and ask for a beta today, so that with the official test monday I know whether it's Chem or viable? AF due tomorrow, my clinic does beta's so late! (Mine was actually Tuesday, but I'm seeing their counsellor Monday and asked for it to be moved because the 3 hr round trip sucks.

#40 Primadonna girl

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:15 AM

Tmay: For ivf 1 I only had 3 eggs retrieved, all fertilised but only 1 developed...into my DS! With ivf 2 I had 8 eggs retrieved and only 1 blast which was bfn, so don't give up hope!

Shaynavyre: this year has been a continuation of last year's health hell! I had a malignant melanoma removed in May last year which took 3 months to heal as it wouldn't totally heal. I couldn't pick my DS up for months. A month after I had another 3 biopsies and one got infected and didn't heal for months as I refused to take antibiotics while I was breastfeeding DS and I wasn't going to stop. If that wasn't enough I found out that my sinus problems are due to a severely deviated septum that needs surgery and my hip pain is due to an undiagnosed childhood disease that has caused 1 leg to be 2cm shorter than the other and requires a hip replacement! Feeling better about yourself now?! We decided to put our pursuit of a sibling for DS before everything as with lor I don't have the luxury of time. Now the pressure is on for it to work as my hip arthritis gets worse by the day.
With regards to getting a beta from your GP, think of the possible outcomes; if your poas line is faint you can assume that your hcg levels are low and if the beta confirms a really low number, will you feel any better? Will you worry any less? If not, maybe it's a good idea to wait a little more (Friday before the weekend of course!) and get a more definitive answer then.

Hope all the other girls that have gone quiet are doing well! xx

#41 hillplain

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:44 AM

Hi Ladies,
Sorry I will just give you a quick one and come back for personals as there has been so much happening!
Transfer went fine for me last Thursday with everyone still thrilled with my lining - never had so much excitement before...
All been going well but very tired and I am black and blue for some reason from the Clexane needles. I have done Clexane on nearly all of our previous cycles (estimated over 150 needles) and never before have I had so much bruising... Hopefully that is a great sign and an indicator of something good to come.
Feeling surprisingly relaxed at this point which is unusual for me. Not even sure if I will POAS - I am usually an absolute addict.
Will come back for personals later!
-HP

#42 Shaynavyre

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:20 AM

Hey HP - glad to hear transfer went well. I hope you can stay Melli and not poas! But I'm a fellow addict and I can't talk. So far 3x3 packs of FRER at $18 a pop....

So I did cave and get a GP beta, but I'm not going to get the results until Monday at midday. So I will also have my official beta results at around 2 - because you're absolutely right Primadonna : knowing a single number will just do my head in.

At least the data of those two will tell me if its a Chem or not.

I can't help being stupidly excited. The thought of being cancer free, with a baby, by Christmas is just like a dream come true! I know so much optimism, considering our losses seems folly - but this is the first one since MTHFR and hemocystine have been corrected, and that's what they believe was the cause.

Hope all you ladies waiting on appointments and waiting to cycle are travelling well.

#43 Tmay0183

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:08 PM

Shaynavyre... Congrats. Fingers crossed.

Officially PUPO. Grade 1 hatching blastocyst! Hoping it sticks. Dr n embryologist we both pretty happy with it. Bt on the 21!!!

#44 Primadonna girl

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:38 PM

Shaynavyre: I didn't know about your cancer struggle and would like to apologise for my comment: "Feeling better about yourself now?!". I know you have a great sense of humour but I would never trivialise your struggle and only said that stupid comment out of ignorance. When you have so much bad luck and problems, in your self absorbed bubble, you always assume that no one else has it as bad as you and unfortunately there are lots of problems to go around. I'm so happy for you being clear and I really hope that line get darker and darker!

Tmay: congrats on being PUPO! Good luck with the 2ww and I hope your blast blossoms!

#45 Shaynavyre

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:11 PM

No apology necessary Primadonna! And your advice not to made me realise it's not worth getting the results yet!

I guess we're in the same boat as far as needing the baby to happen so other things can be taken care of too.

I keep trying to bring myself down, but I'm so up at the moment so im just going to run with it.

Just had a 5 minute nap that ended up a few hours and that is my first official symptom. I've always needed to hibernate until week 8 lol.

#46 waiteduntilnow

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:23 PM

OMG I have not been in for a few days.  And my last post just didn't work it seems so here we go:

Sharnayve:  WOO HOO!  And thank you for your words, alas we didn't just go for it, I never thought about all of you girls and the fact that you could adopt if I ended up with heaps.  :rofl:  Good luck with the Beta's wondering if you have any results yet.

HP:  So glad to read your excitement I have everything crossed for you.

Primadonna:  You have great advice and a fantastic sense of humor too, love reading your posts.  I hope that IVF 3 starts as planned I am sure there is nothing to worry about.

Tmay:  congrats on PUPO!  Can't wait to hear how you go!  Crossing everything.

Blackcat:  how is the new clinic going?

Sparky:  Congrats so great to read sucess stories.

Not sure who  I have missed - sorry!

AFM:  This month is a month off.  Like I said my cycles have been screwed up, I ovulated day 7 or 8 and then got my period exactly one week later (Monday).  So I am hoping this is my screwed up cycle that lets everything get back to normal.  Having said that we are doing an unmedicated insem cycle this month just so we are not wasting any time.  Crossing my fingers that doesn't completely screw me up again!  Cross your fingers for me!

#47 EmbryoAgogo

Posted 11 March 2015 - 05:10 PM

Hello all,

I've had a break of a few months away from this thread since our BFN in December, hello to all of those who I haven't met yet and I'm so sorry to read the bad news so many of you are dealing with at the moment. Isn't infertility a riot?! It's water torture. Hello to Hillplain and Geegee! (And Jo if you're still lurking too - you're the success story that I'm clinging on to :D)

Brief history of me - we've been trying for 3.5 years, got PG in second month but with an undiagnosed 12week ectopic which led to my tube bursting and me wandering around with internal bleeding for a week. Since then - nada. We started IVF in August last year and had a CP first and then zip for the next two FETs. We took three months off to get as healthy (mentally and physically) as possible and for the next cycle we'll be doing PGD and ICSI. I wish I was looking forward to it but I find it very hard to think positively - there are not really any answers why it's not happening for us. But I am supplemented and herbed up to my eyeballs so at least I know I'm in the best position that's within my control.

Have any of you gone through PGD? Any experiences or advice with the increased meds would be so helpful to hear.
Looking forward to getting to know you all xx

#48 Primadonna girl

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:39 PM

Well DS, DH and I all have whooping cough and my FS has postponed my cycle another month...just great! I'm on antibiotics and really wondering who the hell has been doing voodoo on me to have such bad luck!

My mum even said to me that maybe it's a sign that I was only meant to have one child...seems cold at first but honestly I don't know what to believe anymore! It's too bad because I plan to get through every obstacle and do everything I can to have another child! I am too stubborn to give up!

Shaynavyre: keep your spirits high and enjoy it! There are plenty of moments to feel down and we really need to savour the highs to get us through the lows! Positive thinking does wonders!

Waiteduntilnow: thank you for your kind words! Hope you're lucky with your inseminated cycle this month but if not we might be cycle buddies next month! Hope not though, good luck!

Embryoagogo: hi! I'm new to this forum and had a failed cycle in Dec last year too. I'm sorry your TTC journey has been so difficult and I hope that the PGD helps you! Have you ever been tested for NK cells? My cousin did something crazy like 30 transfers and it wasn't until she was tested and treated for high NK cells that she got her bfp on her first try after! Might not be your issue but it's worth looking into. Not all FS's believe it's a real issue or know how to treat it even, so you may find resistance from your FS about it.

Edited by Primadonna girl, 11 March 2015 - 10:41 PM.

#49 OnlyOneMore

Posted 12 March 2015 - 10:04 AM

Hi all,

Primadonna girl - I can not believe you guys all got pertussis when you had been vaccinated!! Did they have an explanation for how that happened? You're not overstating your bad luck there! It would have been rare enough if one of you had contracted it, but all three!

Tmay - wonderful news! Congrats on getting a grade 1 embryo (especially from only 3 eggs)! Fantastic!

Shaynayre - my pregnancy with my daughter started the same way as yours. The faintest pink line for days... Hang in there. No shame in peeing on thousands of sticks. It's totally normal!

Update on me - well the laparoscopy on Friday essentially found nothing wrong. No endometriosis. My remaining Fallopian tube looks fine & is not blocked (despite the fact it has trapped two ectopics in the past). Nothing to explain the diminished reserve or crappy egg quality. I recovered well from the surgery. My FS did an endometrial scrape while she was in there.

As you can see from my signature, I have one frozen embryo left over from my cycle two years ago. Since my FS thinks my egg quality has fallen off a cliff, she is now encouraging me to use my last chance of a baby this month (to hopefully benefit from the uterine scrape). Although she will support me through another stimulated cycle, she has made it clear that she doesn't expect it to be successful.

My period of course came early this month, so I am already up to day 3 of my cycle. I am heavily bleeding but apparently this can happen post laparoscopies. I am freaking out! It all feels so rushed! I literally was being operated on 5 days ago and now I might be having a FET in about two weeks time! This doesn't seem sensible - aren't I still healing? Wouldn't there still be pelvic inflammation post surgery? Isn't it bad to have your immune cells activated prior to transferring something foreign into your body?

I'm waiting on my FS to call me to discuss the plan. I do trust her expertise but at the same time, I wanted everything to be perfect before transferring the last FE. That way, if (when) it does fail, I can walk away confident that it was most likely an issue with embryo quality & nothing I could have corrected. Has anyone had an endometrial scrape? If I wait a month, I'll lose any advantage the scrape may have given me.

I feel like I'm damned no matter what I do. I hate trying to make these decisions because I know I will blame myself when it doesn't work out. Hope everyone is doing much better than me at the moment. X

#50 Jo.F

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:41 PM

EmbryoAgogo, on 11 March 2015 - 05:10 PM, said:

(And Jo if you're still lurking too - you're the success story that I'm clinging on to :D)

Have any of you gone through PGD? Any experiences or advice with the increased meds would be so helpful to hear.
Looking forward to getting to know you all xx

I'm still here :) I come in all the time to see what you're up to. I'm not leaving until you all have success!

I did one PGD cycle. I know a lot of times with PGD testing the FS will up the doses to try and get as many eggs as possible. We didn't because of my previous OHSS issue but I think it's normal to do that. The increase in meds shouldn't have a huge impact on you except for the lovely emotional ones of course. And you might get more pain in your ovaries than usual because of the higher amount of follicles. Is that what you wanted to know? I hope so cos it's all the info I've got :p There's  a PGD testing buddy group too that might have some more info.

good luck ! I'll be stalking as always to see how you go :heart:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.