Ready Set Go Girls #250

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
166 replies to this topic

#151 OnlyOneMore

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:19 AM

So much for not having anything new to post for a while... I just started bleeding 30mins ago. I can't believe it. My progesterone (41) & hCG (2954) had looked reasonably good on thurs. I don't seem to have "period pain" yet. I suppose I should head in for a blood test tomorrow to see what is going on but part of me just wants to ignore the problem & let things take their course. Thank god they saw the sac in the uterus or this would totally push me over the edge if I still thought it was ectopic. What a disappointment.

#152 TCCC

Posted 26 April 2015 - 01:46 PM

Oh only, I was about to write congrats then read your latest post! What a roller coaster!! Hopefully you're just one of those people who bleeds every now and then throughout an otherwise healthy, successful pregnancy! I have everything crossed for you!

#153 Shaynavyre

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:41 AM

Only, I can't help but to fast forward in time, and know that in 6 weeks time you will be relaxed, and proud of yourself for getting through all of this, regardless of what the outcome is. I was elated for you to hear there was a sack in the right place and as much as its torture, I hope the bad signs, good news combo you've been having continues.

The bleeding should be checked ASAP though. TCCC is right, some people just bleed. And bleeding with no pain is generally not a terrible thing but it still needs to get looked at.

I will do a full personals and update post tonight, it's a really big day, waiting for scan now, then it's on to the yucky cancer check sh*t for the rest of the day.

#154 BabyGame

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:15 AM

Hi Ladies, I'm new to this forum. Just a bit about me DH and I have been TTC#1 for 19months now. I have PCOS, DH no issues. So far in my 2nd cycle of OI with FSH and iui. CD15 today saw FS, I think I may have o before had a chance to do iui this cycle. Did opk yesterday and it was positive and had pressure on left side and when he did scan I had no follies on left ovary whereas on Wednesday there were 2. Had to have bloods to see if I ovulated. He said this cycle is looking a bit messy if I did not o. He said for us to consider IVF next cycle if unsuccessful. My question is how much is the out of pocket expense? We do have private health insurance. And what should I expect for our first cycle of IVF?

#155 Shaynavyre

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:47 AM

Hey baby game, welcome.

What state are you in? South Australia and Tassie have some pretty low IVF costs, Melb and Sydney are pretty dear - so unfortunately geography will play a big part in your upfront and out of pocket costs.

Your private health insurance isn't going to help too much I'm afraid. It should cover the hospital admission bed fees for egg collection, and the anaethesist fees if egg collection is done under a GA. Get the estimated costs from the clinic of your choice and call your health fund to see if there is a gap.

If you've got good extras coverage, the pharmacy benefits for progesterone and non-PBS drugs like Lucrin (if you need it) can help with the sting a little.  

DH and I have top cover $280/month and it makes little difference to the IVF stuff sadly.

As far as what to expect, if you go back to the last few pages of Ready Set Go # 249 (link on first page of this thread) there are some good posts outlining what a cycle involves.

I hope your stay with us is sweet and brief!

-Shay

Edited by Shaynavyre, 27 April 2015 - 10:49 AM.

#156 waiteduntilnow

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:38 PM

Welcome Babygame.  As shay said there seems to be a lot of difference based on state by state, have you chatted to your clinic and asked them - mine were excellent and spelled it all out prior to starting with them.

Shay how are you going with your stim cycle.

Only - any updates for us?  Thinking about you.

AFM - I am doing an unmedicated FET and honestly not really sure what to expect as I have only had transfers after stim cycles before!  I have everything crossed for this one - as for everyone else as well.

#157 Primadonna girl

Posted 27 April 2015 - 02:21 PM

Only: hope you're hanging on and have better news soon.

Shay: I hope your day hasn't been too bad difficult as it is. Let us know how your stimming is going.

Babygame: medicare gives good rebates covering over half of the cost. I'm in QLD and so you have an idea, my ivf cycle is $8500 and medicare covers roughly $5500 leaving $3000 out of pocket. Medibank pays for the hospital stay at egg collection but I pay for $250 excess. Medibank also covers general anesthetic in my Top Cover. So total out of pocket is $3250 aprox. Hope this helps!

Waited: good luck with your FET, I have never done one so don't know what it's like either!

AFM: I was very pessimistic waiting for day 4 embryo development update but am lucky to have 3 still going and one compacting already so on track for transfer tomorrow! I don't expect to have any frosties as I never do, but at least i'll have a transfer. I had 2 embryos with vacuoles, 1 arrested and the other has resolved itself and is normal now, has anyone ever had this and what did it mean? That embryo that is fine now can still have cell damage because of the vacuole so I assume they have higher chance of not being successful. Luckily it isn't the compacting one, it's a 12 cell. I've never had this before and have read it's due to over maturation or high levels of estrogen and am concerned it was because I stimmed an extra day to try and mature any smaller eggs (which there were none anyway in the end).

#158 BabyGame

Posted 27 April 2015 - 03:39 PM

Primadonna- I'm in QLD. Thanks for the info, haven't talked in depth yet to my FS about IVF as still in the middle of a cycle and waiting to see what happens with it. But I think we will try IVF next cycle if this cycle is unsuccessful, which I'm not holding on to much hope for this cycle....

Edited by BabyGame, 27 April 2015 - 03:41 PM.

#159 TCCC

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:33 PM

Is be interested to hear what everyone pays too actually. Shay- I'm in SA too. Definitely don't feel like my costs are low though, but maybe they are in comparison to others! I think I pay about $7000 then out of pocket ends up being about $3000 I think.

Waited, aside from the blood tests, unmedicated FETs are amazing!! The best ever!!

Primadonna, I can't help, sorry, but good luck!

#160 Shaynavyre

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:07 PM

View PostTCCC, on 27 April 2015 - 07:33 PM, said:

Is be interested to hear what everyone pays too actually. Shay- I'm in SA too. Definitely don't feel like my costs are low though, but maybe they are in comparison to others! I think I pay about $7000 then out of pocket ends up being about $3000 I think.

Now I feel bad.....

So we were with FSA for all our initial work-up, and tracked cycles pre cancer diagnosis. We changed to FF because of their onco-fertility side, and that their storage is the cheapest long term.

IVF - $2500 upfront , about 500 out of pocket

FET - $1k upfront, about 300 out of pocket.

I'm not missing zeroes here guys, I'm sorry!

#161 mrsJacko

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:18 PM

View PostShaynavyre, on 27 April 2015 - 08:07 PM, said:

Now I feel bad.....

So we were with FSA for all our initial work-up, and tracked cycles pre cancer diagnosis. We changed to FF because of their onco-fertility side, and that their storage is the cheapest long term.

there is already a thread about costs http://www.essential...0059-ivf-costs/

in Melbourne the total cost is a little over $10k and Medicare covers the difference of about $5500.  Subsequent cycles in the same calendar year are $3,800 out of pocket.  If you don't have private health insurance, it'll cost approximately another $1,200 for the day surgery for egg collection.

#162 Jo.F

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:35 PM

View PostShaynavyre, on 27 April 2015 - 08:07 PM, said:

Now I feel bad.....

woah - really? I'm also in SA and our IVF cycles were $7300 upfront + ICSI and we got about $4000 back, They got cheaper the more we did in a calender year but not by that much.

#163 Shaynavyre

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:46 PM

Repromed I'm guessing Jo? I sort of like the multiple failure discounts they offer - but FF is just that much cheaper

They also BULK BILL - totally  - Rural and Remote patients.
http://www.flindersf...ote-Concessions

#164 TCCC

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:47 PM

Wow so many SA peeps in here!

I saw that FF were a lot cheaper before choosing, but primarily chose elsewhere due to location. I guess it doesn't matter if we all get results huh?! Well, hopefully!

#165 Nettnett

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:04 PM

We choose Sydney over Canberra, and have to do the travel there , but i think ours are closer to $5000 up front and $1600 out of pocket, But only going through the first one now, so i'm not really an expert. I was worried that its very expensive for us, as we have to pay for all of our season tickets for the snow this week plus our up fronts, leaving us broke. But now i think i have a good deal.

prospective is a very good thing!

#166 Christmascarol

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:08 AM

Nettnet do you like your clinc? I'm in Sydney and having a tough time deciding where to go.

Edited by Christmascarol, 28 April 2015 - 05:09 AM.

#167 soul11

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:57 AM

Hi ladies - I'll drop back in for personals soon but just have a quick question for those experienced with having had a transfer. I'm current on day 3 since transfer.

Maybe TMI sorry but ever since transfer I have had really watery CM like to the point a droplet runs out sometimes.. I have the progesterone thickness going on too but just don't know why my CM is like this?

Edited by soul11, 28 April 2015 - 11:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.