Clomid & OI #118

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

#1 ~Mintie~

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:25 AM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 Shiv7897

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:24 PM

ah here we are.

Christmas Carol - no haven't started yet. have not had AF in such a long time because of PCOS, so taking Provera to induce a bleed, so that I know where Day 1 of my cycle starts, and can take Clomid Day 2-6.

Pet hate - twice this week from well meaning people - just relax and take the pressure off, and it will happen. Slight problem there if I'm not ovulating?!

Edited by Shiv7897, 08 April 2015 - 05:25 PM.

#3 mrsJacko

Posted 08 April 2015 - 05:59 PM

omg shiv, I hate ppl saying that!
and just go on a holiday..... BS I went on a few holidays last year... was fun but didn't magically give us a bfp....

#4 Shiv7897

Posted 08 April 2015 - 06:01 PM

i really hate it - especially because the inference is that I'm stupid for worrying/stressing so much. - i had no idea it was that simple, and that if i just relaxed I'd concieve. Grrrr

I'm going on a holiday on Sunday - but also taking meds.

#5 Shiv7897

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:57 PM

Tonight, i'm feeling so sad. There's all this bad stuff that's happened today in the news, and I'm sitting here feeling miserable reading about it, and feeling sad for the world. So of course my brain switches to the one topic that's always in the back of my mind that also makes me miserable - pregnancy.

I'm hormonal. I'm desperately symptom spotting waiting for AF to show after taking progesterone, but each day passes with no sign of it and it makes me even more sad. I feel frustrated that there's nothing I can do but wait, and I'm afraid it won't come. I'm frustrated that I can't start Clomid until I get a period, and I'm angry and feel like my body is letting me down.

And tonight I'm so sad. I'm sitting here on the couch, feeling like i could break down and cry, or punch something. I've ordered a pizza and eaten half of it, despite trying to eat healthily (and now I feel worse because of it). And all i can think is, I just want a baby. A beautiful little baby of my own to look after. I want it so much i ache. Why is it so hard to make this happen?

And i remind myself that other people have it so much worse than I do with regards to conceiving and pregnancy and still remain upbeat and positive. That there are other things in my life that I can focus on whilst waiting. That in many other ways I am so blessed and lucky.

But I still feel so sad.

Edited by Shiv7897, 09 April 2015 - 07:58 PM.

#6 maybebaby17

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:12 PM

Hi girls,

Mind if I join in here? I recognise a few of you from other forums. I have been following along these last few days waiting for AF to arrive so I could start my first round of clomid. Secretly hoping the clomid box was stay unopened and I would instead get my BFP, but of course not. Tonight AF is starting to show her face, so looks like I'll be starting clomid on or around Saturday.

Brief history: mirena removed last week of June 2014, MMC and D&C August 2014. No AF for 5 months and a mixture of long and anovulatory cycles since. Just ending a 45 day cycle and trying to think positively. It's so hard.

Looking forward to some support on the next part of the journey.

#7 Shiv7897

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:14 PM

Hi maybebaby,
what day of your cycle are you taking it?

#8 maybebaby17

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:24 PM

Shiv - hugs to you. I just wrote my last post crying on my bed. Have tried staying positive these last months but sometimes it all just gets to much. You are not alone.

#9 maybebaby17

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:27 PM

My FS said to take it CD 2-5, with CD1 being first day of red continuous flow. Just a bit of spotting today so assuming tomorrow will be AF in full force. What days will you be taking it?

#10 Shiv7897

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:38 PM

i have the same instructions maybebaby :) just waiting (impatiently) for AF to show.... hopefully clomid wont give you any side effects, and will result in a BFP for you :)

#11 mrsJacko

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:39 PM

hugs shiv, we all have these moments and its ok to allow yourself to wallow.

good luck with your cycle maybebaby, I take mine on CD5-9, I know other ladies do it on CD3-7 but I have never heard of 2-5 and never heard of only 4 days. what mg are you on?

I have read that taking it on CD3-7 makes more eggs but not as mature and CD5-9 makes less eggs but more mature.

I am trying 50mg this last cycle until I start IVF next Month.

#12 Shiv7897

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:40 PM

oops, sorry, mine is CD2 - CD6

#13 mrsJacko

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:44 PM

ah yes I have heard of 2-6 also..

from my calculations I think my AF is due around Sunday, that will be about 12DPO so I will be starting my next round late next week

#14 Shiv7897

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:48 PM

i wonder why different FS' prescribe different schedules for Clomid?

#15 mrsJacko

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:50 PM

I think if you are not ovulating regularly or have PCOS you go earlier but if you are ovulating but too late and not good quality then you do later days. I think....

#16 Shiv7897

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:52 PM

that makes sense. the more i learn about TTC, the more im blown away that this happens everyday seamlessly for other people

#17 mrsJacko

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:02 PM

I know Shiv, I cannot fathom how some people get pregnant, like my sister, she is so obese that she didn't get her period then had a one night stand with her ex and BAM!

I love my niece but it's so not fair.

#18 Shiv7897

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:06 PM

I know what you mean MrsJacko. You're happy for them, but at the same time you wonder why that doesn't happen for you. I find the hardest ones are where someone falls pregnant without trying, or hasn't had to change anything about their lifestyle and falls pregnant anyway.

Edited by Shiv7897, 09 April 2015 - 09:07 PM.

#19 maybebaby17

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:17 PM

opps soory mine is days 2-6 as well haha. I got the script weeks ago so had forgotten the finer details. I am starting on 50mg, is that what you are Shiv?

Glad I have some company! How have you found the side effects MrsJacko? Have you been on it long?

#20 Shiv7897

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:21 PM

Yeah ill be on 50mgs too

#21 mrsJacko

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:37 PM

the only side effect I noticed is that whilst taking the pills I got ALOT of CM, like a WAY lot and had to wear a pad, also I ovulated on CD26 which is pretty late but I have only had one cycle, next might be different.

#22 Shiv7897

Posted 09 April 2015 - 09:40 PM

I heard CM dries up with Clomid and is counterproductive to TTC,  so it's probably a good thing yours didn't?

#23 mrsJacko

Posted 10 April 2015 - 08:38 AM

I have never really had CM before and never had EWCM at O before, I didnt get any EWCM with O with clomid either so I dont know if it dries your fertile CM but It was thick and creamy CD6-9.
sorry it sounds gross, it really was too lol

to combat no EWCM I always use conceive plus lubricant.

#24 BabyGame

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:27 AM

Hi all, can I join? Not sure if this is the right place. We just did our first iui this cycle unsuccessful BFN at 16dpiui still no AF but I think that's due to progesterone I was having. I have stopped the progesterone so AF should arrive, my temp has dropped so maybe in next couple of days. At the moment I am finding ttc very hard, some days I feel like not trying cos it's so emotionally draining...anyway we will try again once AF arrives. I have clomid day 2-6, FSH injections and trigger shot, iui, then progesterone once ovulated. Here's hoping this cycle is it!

Edited by BabyGame, 10 April 2015 - 11:08 AM.

#25 Shiv7897

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:32 AM

Hi babygame,  welcome! TTC when it doesn't occur easily is emotionally exhausting.
Hopefully the next cycle will work for you.
When did you stop the progesterone?  I stopped 8 days ago - still waiting for AF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.