Clomid & OI #118

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
163 replies to this topic

#26 BabyGame

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:03 AM

Shiv- i only stopped yesterday, I hope it doesn't take too long for AF. I was told by my dr to keep using the progesterone until AF arrived or keep using if BFP but if the progesterone delays AF for me how do u know when to stop using it, don't want my cycle to go on forever if it's not a bfp. I'll have to ask him next visit. Just hope AF arrives sooner rather than later.

#27 mrsJacko

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:06 AM

Welcome babygame, seems a few of us ready to start our next cycle soonish.
How did you track this first cycle? is your FS going the same dosages next cycle?

#28 BabyGame

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:12 AM

MrsJacko- yeah all same dosages next cycle, I seem to respond well to the drugs on the low dose everything happens the way it should except for the lack of bfp 😔 I grow a good follicle, lining has been good, just no bfp. No male factors from DH. I see the FS on day 7 or 8 then I usually see him around day 12 and see how follicle growing and if good do trigger shot and iui next day. This cycle ovulated on day 13.

#29 mrsJacko

Posted 10 April 2015 - 11:21 AM

That all sounds really promising babygame, hopefully next cycle you get the BFP :)

#30 Shiv7897

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:03 PM

Just rang FS- 8 days since stopping progesterone,  brown discharge since Wed but no bleeding. He says count wed as day 1 and take Clomid from tonight (day 3-7). So confused,  but going to follow his instructions

#31 maybebaby17

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:14 PM

Good luck shiv7897. I guess the FS knows best, thats why they charge the big bucks

I am taking my first tablet tomorrow

#32 Christmascarol

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:38 PM

How is everyone going? Still waiting to o am on day 16 flashing smiley face but not solid. Failed Bd attempt last night and this morning :(

#33 BabyGame

Posted 10 April 2015 - 07:49 PM

Shiv- it can be so frustrating when our bodies don't cooperate fully, it's hard enough TTC but when our bodies decide to do something different from cycle to cycle,must makes it more confusing and difficult. Well hopefully the Dr is right and this is the start of your next cycle and hopefully a bfp.

#34 Shiv7897

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:34 PM

It is frustrating isn't it?  Took my first tablet tonight.  Going overseas on Sunday so hoping there won't be too many side effects. Maybe baby - looks like our cycles may be similar this month?

#35 maybebaby17

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:32 AM

Sorry to hear ChristmasCarol. Fxd for you

Enjoy your time overseas Shiv7897. Taking my first tablet now. My FS said it didn't matter what time of day to take it as long as it is the same time. Breakfast is my most consistent meal time so will go with that. Read that some people take it at night to sleep through side effects but will see how I go with morning.

#36 mrsJacko

Posted 11 April 2015 - 06:45 AM

I think af will be here by tomorrow so looks like I may be starting my next round on Thursday

#37 Shiv7897

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:49 AM

Hopefully this will be a positive month for all of us then! i took Clomid last night at 6pm - no side effects.

#38 kentieness

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:47 PM

Good luck to all you ladies starting their Clomid cycle!

I'm still just sitting around waiting for this cycle to end, only up to day 25 or something, so still another 2 weeks I'm guessing.

#39 Eleventy23

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:50 PM

I am being moved onto injectables but there is no buddy group. Hope you guys don't mind me sticking around here.

Waiting for AF and temp went up today. Of course BFN so it is just a fluke temp. I was hopeful for a moment though, especially with next cycles treatment costing $410 :(

#40 Christmascarol

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:51 PM

Get Janse where you on clomid before what dosage?

#41 Christmascarol

Posted 11 April 2015 - 07:54 PM

Hey Shiv why where you on progesterone if you don't mind me asking?

#42 Shiv7897

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:25 AM

Hi Christmas Carol - I was on progesterone to induce a bleed so that I'd know where day 1 of my cycle. Haven't had a period in 9 months due to PCOS

#43 mrsJacko

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:50 PM

ok i am officially cd1 so i will be starting my next round of clomid on thursday, fingers crossed this is my lucky month so i dont have to start ivf but either way im hopeful it will happen with the ivf so i hope to get a bfp in the next few months.

#44 maybebaby17

Posted 12 April 2015 - 03:24 PM

Fingers crossed for you MrsJacko!

#45 ilovethebeach

Posted 12 April 2015 - 04:35 PM

Hi All,

Lovely to see there are a few of us here now.

I'm starting clomid tomorrow, cd 5-9 50mcg.  Looking forward to it as just finished a marathon 68 day cycle.

FX for some bfp's for all of us :)

#46 BabyGame

Posted 12 April 2015 - 05:31 PM

MrsJacko I'm cd1 too today. I start clomid tomorrow cd2-6. So AF arrived 3 days after stopping the progesterone. Will definitely be talking to FS about the progesterone (pessaries) cos it makes my LP too long...(18days! When it's usually 13) Here's hoping this is the lucky cycle!

Janse- I'm also doing injectable as well as clomid this cycle this will be my 2nd cycle doing this.

Edited by BabyGame, 12 April 2015 - 05:34 PM.

#47 Eleventy23

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:12 PM

View PostChristmascarol, on 11 April 2015 - 07:51 PM, said:

Get Janse where you on clomid before what dosage?

1st cycle 50mg. 17mm follie, oestrogen over 1000, LH dropped to 8 and lining was 6.5 at time of trigger. Took 3 days to ovulate after ovidrel. Down to 2 days of watery cm. Preseed used and still BFN

2nd cycle 75mg. 18mm & 15mm follie. oestrogen over 2000, LH dropped to 9 and lining again 6.5. Took 4 days to ovulate after shot. No fertile cm at all during whole cycle.

BabyGame
How do you find the shots? I had enough trouble with trigger shot during previous OI and clomid cycles. I looked at emla but it is $70 a tube! Thinking about trying to ice the spot for a while first.

#48 BabyGame

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:30 PM

Janse- FSH injections I didn't have any problem with them no pain, didn't have any problems doing them myself, but the trigger shot the nurse does them at my clinic so I didn't have to do it but gosh it hurt like a b*tch!! The spot was sore for 2 days and got a lil swollen like something bit me! My nurse told me it's not the actual needle that makes it hurt but the stuff inside that gets injected, so don't know if ice will help in that case but couldn't hurt trying it. Ice might work after the injection to bring down any swelling. Let me know how u go, might try it

Edited by BabyGame, 12 April 2015 - 10:12 PM.

#49 maybebaby17

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:13 PM

Hi girls, hope everyone is doing well. I am on my 3rd day of clomid today (CD 4). No real obvious side effects as yet. I am having my CD 10 scan next Monday (CD 11) due to weekend. Those of you who have scans, what day do you go on?

#50 BabyGame

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:52 PM

Maybebaby- when I was just on clomid my FS wanted to see me for a scan between CD10-12 to check follicle progression. So I think going on CD11 is good day to go

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.