Ready Set Go Girls #251

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
318 replies to this topic

#301 mrsJacko

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:07 PM

no bad news, they were just calling to say that I still have 4 embies :)

hmm, I need some advice also, after Embryo transfer I believe I am meant to take it easy for the next 48 hours, now DH and my family and some friends are all going to Gumbaya Park this Sunday, this is the day after my transfer.
I told DH I wont be able to go on any rides like the toboggin or go karts and he got annoyed, he says that's a load of bull and I should just act normal, he also doesn't believe that hot baths can hurt.
He is extremely stubborn and I don't know the clinical/technical reasons how to explain to him so he will see sense.

Am I right? or is he? If I am right what are good arguments to use?

Edited by mrsJacko, 28 May 2015 - 03:26 PM.

#302 Nettnett

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:51 PM

Kitty - it only takes one, I cried when I only had 3 follicles, and only got 2 eggs, and I'm now in the 2ww..... So I am now a converted quaility over quantity believer. The whole ivf stress, hormones, chaoictic lives cause us to be crazy, I sat outside the fertility center a couple of weeks ago in tears because I couldn't get the information that I thought I needed.... So it's not you, it's just a hard process to go through.

Mrs J - I spent the 5 days on the edge of my seat waiting for the bad news that my little embryos didn't make it, I hated the phone ringing. I'm not sure how others go when they hear the bad news that they arrested, died or otherwise started to disintegrated, because in my head I already have them identified as my offspring, which deserve a place in my heart despite if they make it or not. A failed cycle especially after a transfer of a quaility embroyo would be like a miscarriage without the pregnancy in my head, because it was a potential little person who didn't make it.

On other news, I have been known to fake an illness to avoid family functions, so feel free to borrow any excuses that you feel will work. Ie I can't go swimming I have had a tummy bug, or I don't feel well enough to participate I think I ate something dodgy :) I will just watch from here.

Christmas carol - they open at 7 for 7:30 -9 am blood tests, and don't quote me but I think ultrasounds start around the same time but go till lunch time. They are pretty quick too, you can just scan your card at the door, take a seat wait about 5 minutes, get your bloods done and be back out by 7:40 am

#303 DarkChyldeKat

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:53 PM

Mrs J I think that if I was in that situation then I would go with my "gut" feeling.  If I thought that it would do harm then I wouldn't do it.  And on saying that being over cautious in our situation is totally understandably but we can't be wrapped up in a bubble either.

Some Dp's can come across a bit gruff at times and maybe it's nothing either as all of the hormones that are bouncing around can make matters appear bigger than they are.

I hope that helps and I am sure that in a few weeks I'll be reading this same post and go ohhh that's why I feel like my DP is being an .... lol

xx

#304 Kitty_M

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:54 PM

That's hard.

You are right, you really need to take it easy after a procedure like this... everything I've read or been told you need to rest and look after yourself.

I've decided not to play netball over the next couple of weeks and just do gentle exercise. We are a bit too rough in our games.

Perhaps you might feel up to going along but not going on those rides.

The best way to deal with it I think would be to ask for a medical opinion from your FS on Saturday. Can't argue with doctor's orders!

#305 Kitty_M

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:01 PM

Also thanks NettNett. Quality over quantity is what I'm hoping for too! It's so exciting that you are in the 2WW.

This is such a ridiculous roller coaster. Fortunately my boss has been lovely so my teary, moody behaviour has been completely accommodated.

You made me laugh with your comment about ringing in sick for family functions. Yep, been there! 😉

#306 TCCC

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:22 AM

Hope everyone is going well!

I just thought I'd share that I had my first scan this morning. So far most follicles are growing at the same rate and are on track to be a good size. There was one huge one that the nurse said we'll prob risk losing that one to give others a better chance (I presume it just goes away or is crappy quality if it keeps growing, I dunno). As with my first EPU last year, it looks like I've got 25 good sized follies at the moment. Fingers crossed things go smoothly from here and the Lucrin trigger avoids what happened last time!

Disclaimer - for those reading and thinking 25s a lot, I only got two embies last time so with the different trigger and LP meds, I'm actually a bit worried we'll do all this and end up with nothing. The thought of that happening makes me feel sick!

Oh the joys of being on this 'journey' huh.

#307 mrsJacko

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:32 AM

Good Luck TCCC, I know the number of follies really doesn't have mush to do with how many viable eggs you will get but fingers are crossed that you will get a few strong ones :)

#308 TCCC

Posted 29 May 2015 - 02:56 PM

Thanks MrsJ

#309 Nettnett

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:05 PM

Excellent news TCCC, Fingers crossed you end up with lots of good quality ones in there. I was told by the nurses that once the follicles get too large they become cysts, and the egg is over cooked and not usable if there is one in there. I assume they will just drain it when they do you EPU and check it . Thats just my assumption though.

Good luck tomorrow Mrs J for your transfer! hopefully you have some beautiful embryos waiting patiently for you to come back.

AFM - The pain in my ovaries has slowly subsided each day since EPU, I had cramping on and off since my transfer, and some brown spotting, I was told by the nurses is likely from the Crinone . But today I have just been ill, really low abdominal pain, thinking the worse, till I realized I probably just have a UTI. I have increased the amount of water I have been drinking and taken some Ural (the information over weather its safe or not seems conflicting, but i have gone with the 50/50 chance) and will go check in with the GP in the morning if i am still in pain, maybe get some cranberry juice. The 2ww really just sucks :(

#310 Gagingi

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:24 PM

TCCC - my understanding as per Nettnett's comment is that they drain each follicle one by one, and once the scientist confirms they've got the egg (or its empty) they move onto the next follicle. So if it's overcooked they'll still retrieve it - it just may not be viable. Fingers crossed for some great eggies.

Nettnett - I hope you feel better soon. In regards to the UTI, I'd thought I'd had one a day or two after ET and eventually realized I'd scratched myself with the Crinone applicator (it has some sharp edges, or maybe I'm just clumsy). I don't know if that is a possibility?  In Qld we can also ring 13HEALTH and speak to a nurse and potentially a GP 24/7 - so if you are still suffering overnight and assuming your state has a similar service then maybe they can help with safety of ural? Poisons information line can be very helpful too.  

MrsJ - best wishes for a successful transfer.  As for DH - you are right 100%! Maybe get the nurse to explain it too him? Hopefully they'll give you a post ET care sheet. Overheating can cause damage to the embryo/fetus and you've been through so much to get to this point why risk it? The embies are very precious and very vulnerable little entities at the moment.  I had people say to me that pregnant women have been riding horses, running marathons, jibba jibba ad infititum - and my argument has been that I wouldn't be doing IVF if it was that easy for me and I was an easily fertile woman. My FS said gentle walks are okay and recommended, but nothing more than normal and only do what you feel comfortable with. Plus avoid stress. I thought the rule was that we go through hormonal hell and EPU, whilst partners provide a sample (whilst having an orgasm), so they get to wait on us hand and foot for 2 weeks in the hope that we'll get to be parents together? As I had a 3-day ET, I was still pretty uncomfortable and just veged for the first day or two post ET. Plus Crinone made me nauseous, bloated, and fatigued - so even going to the movies left me feeling drained and looking quite unwell.  I've also used gynaecological procedure as an excuse with general others, as anybody that has had a laparoscopy knows that the gas leaves you bloated and uncomfortable, so that explains any bloating. Plus blokes don't want to know about women's business. It also puts people off questioning if you are pregnant as they assume that laparoscopies aren't done on pregnant women (unless they are midwives - in which case they'll know if you are UTD before you do!).  I hope DH comes around - has he been at any appointments with you? Maybe ask if he remembers that the FS/nurse said you were to take it easy?

AFM - we saw FS today after our first failed cycle and we are right to go again with my next cycle. They haven't changed it much - a slight increase in gonal F. Biggest change is that apparently Satan's Tears (Synarel) is in short supply at present, so I'll be on a second injectable alternative. I don't like needles, but was always worried I  hadn't sniffed Synarel properly, so actually happy about that. I'm feeling excited again, which is a relief after the dejection and fears I've been having post our fail.

Baby dust to all.

Edited by Gagingi, 29 May 2015 - 11:27 PM.

#311 trying again

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:16 AM

Good luck MrsJ. I hope all goes well xo

#312 TCCC

Posted 30 May 2015 - 09:59 AM

Good luck Mrs J! Fingers crossed!

Thanks all!

#313 mrsJacko

Posted 30 May 2015 - 01:38 PM

Thanks Gagingi, I think DH gets it a bit better now but on good news my FS said I am fine to go on the toboggans, woohoo :)

Is your second injectable orgalutran? I did that with the gonal, I never had synarel. I found it ok. if you can d the gonal then what's one more :)

TCCC, Trying and nettnett I have an EMBY IN ME! woohoo :)
I have had 2 frozen and a third isn't quite growing properly so we will see if it lasts the night and wether it can be frozen or not.

#314 TCCC

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:41 PM

Woo hoo MrsJ!  I hope this is 'the one' and great to hear you have two on ice and maybe a third. How did your pain end up this week?

#315 Shaynavyre

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:50 PM

What an awesome first cycle result MrsJ - a transfer AND two frosties! (Though it feels like you've been around so long its sometimes easy to forget that this is #1) .

Try to stay sane, this first proper 2WW  - and regardless of the eventual outcome - focus on this fantastic result!

#316 Gagingi

Posted 30 May 2015 - 02:56 PM

Way to go MrsJ! I hope you are a lucky first time IVFer! Tobogganing sound fun.

I'm not sure what the trigger will be. I'm just hoping that by stimming longer I get more eggs. My clinic only gives you drugs as needed. Apparently in the past they've had ladies get drugs and then realize they are naturally pregnant and then they get upset about the cost of the unreturnable meds.  So everything is on an as needed basis.

Have fun tomorrow - sounds like a great way to kick off you TWW.

#317 mrsJacko

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:26 PM

TCCC my pain got better each day but I def should have taken 2 days off work.

I just get pain now when I go to the toilet,

shay, it def feels like we have been TTC for 'forever' but it also feels like the transfer came really quick.

good luck gagingi :)

#318 Nettnett

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:43 PM

Way to go mrs J - Fingers crossed!!! now for trying to stay sane in the 2ww.

Gagingi - "satans tears" is in short supply!, thats the best news of the day :) I really hope I never have to sniff that stuff again. I blame my ongoing nasal and chest cough on that horrible stuff. I have several boxes of Gonal f and half a bottle of "satans tears" still hanging around, and what seems like a lifetimes supply of the disposible pen needles, since i only used a few in each box due to my high dose. Because they brought forward my EPU several days in the cycle. I hope i never have to use it! but can't return it either..... seems a waste.

AFM - I feel much better today with an increase in fluids, cranberry juice, and GP said Ural once or twice a day is fine, but not anything more. He took a urine sample, but thinks its just low grade and shouldn't require antibiotics, and that I'm probably just more sensitive at present to the pain after the EPU, and generalized cramping related to it....

In other news I broke and POAS, no idea why I knew it wouldn't show anything as its still far to early 3dp5dt. I'm sure the 2ww turns us into POAS addicts, either thinking about it doing it, or recovering from the BFN's......... :(

#319 Kitty_M

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:21 PM

Amazing result MrsJ! I was thinking of you this morning.

Nett nett try not to worry about your test. Too early! Glad the ural is doing the trick x

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.