Ready Set Go Girls #251

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
318 replies to this topic

#51 mswc101

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:22 PM

Jo.F
Thank you for the pep talk and the words of encouragement. I am feeling better today . after four hours with a friend and some wine.... Hopefully some time tomorrow with a close friend who has actually been through ivf process will be another good step as all I really crave is for someone to hug me whilst I bawl my eyes out :(

#52 TCCC

Posted 02 May 2015 - 09:29 PM

Welcome Animal Lover! Sounds like things are going well so far for your first stim cycle. The needles seem all a bit much at first but you get used to it fairly quickly. Good luck! Be sure to keep us up to date on how you are going, and fingers crossed your stay here is brief.

#53 mrsJacko

Posted 03 May 2015 - 01:01 AM

welcome animal lover, so glad to hear you are not having too many side effects so far :)

#54 TCCC

Posted 03 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

How are you going MrsJacko?

#55 mrsJacko

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:58 PM

I'm fine thank you TCCC, I'm in the TWW but I don't have any hopes, I am just looking forward to AF so I can start my first cycle of IVF :)

How are you?

#56 OnlyOneMore

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:09 PM

Hi Jo.F,

I thought I'd reply to your PM kindly enquiring about how the scan went today on the forum (in case anyone else was similarly curious). I'm not at all upset about your question so please feel free to ask anything you like.

The scan today wasn't great. I'd been told during the previous ultrasound (when they found the gestational sac in the uterus) that it had been measuring small. Today that was confirmed with the measurement being 6w4d, instead of 7w2d. Apparently, if this happened following a natural conception, they would just assume the dates for ovulation had been wrong... but after IVF, where the gestation is known precisely, this is a bad sign as it means the embryo is not growing at the normal rate.

The heart rate (127bpm) is within normal limits and the spotting I had stopped after 4 days.

Nevertheless, I have been told that a miscarriage is likely. I am to have another U/s in a week. From similar stories I have found on Google, I am preparing myself for the possibility that the embryo will have arrested by then. What a bugger. So close but yet so far. Still better than having an ectopic... but not by much - I'm getting the feeling this pregnancy is going to have a slow & laborious death.

Wishing everyone all the best, wherever they are up to in their cycle. x

#57 Shaynavyre

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:54 PM

Only, I was just drafting the same PM as Jo to you.

The measuring behind isn't all that uncommon, even with IVF - the acceptable fluctuation is 5 days. The heartrate is on the low side, but still within range. Maybe its both of these in conjunction that they are declaring doom and gloom.

I'm just so sorry this is so protracted - definitive answers either way would be easier than this suspended state of hope and grief. If you've gone even further backwards next week, and there is no hope of viability, ask for a D&C, or Misoprostil / Methotrexate just to put yourself out of the misery and have a chance to grieve.

I'm not giving you my condoloences yet - I'm being a staunch stance of hope that bad signs are all going to add up to miraculous good news!

Just editing to add some non-general google reads if you're hunting online for information:

Summary. The gestation sac size in pregnancies resulting from in-vitro fertilization (IVF) and embryo transfer have been compared with those in spontaneous pregnancies. Small-for-dates gestational sac sizes were found in 36% of the IVF pregnancies. This proportion held for both singleton and multiple pregnancies. With increasing gestation beyond 8 weeks the gestation sac volume increasingly approached normal. In contrast to spontaneous conceptions, IVF pregnancies had a low rate of pregnancy loss once fetal heart movements were demonstrated, when the gestation sac size was small-for-dates. Small sac size in an IVF pregnancy may lead to the misdiagnosis of a failed pregnancy
.http://onlinelibrary...3076.x/abstract

Edited by Shaynavyre, 04 May 2015 - 08:17 PM.

#58 TCCC

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:13 PM

Only, I too was wondering how you were going. You've got so far, yet probably feel a bit like things are standing still right now.

I'm with Shay - no condolences yet and fingers and toes are all crossed for you that things improve from here!

Ps Dr google is bad! I'm an addict, but still...

#59 Animal Lover

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:18 PM

Thank you ladies for welcoming me.

Only- I hope you're coping OK during this waiting period. My fingers are crossed for you.

I've found one of the worst things about the whole TTC drama is the waiting! I'm an impatient person normally and trying to occupy yourself and not think about anything 'baby' is so so hard! Anyone who gets pregnant 'normally' or quickly, you feel like they are jumping the queue in front of you!

I had another scan today. Going to start the orgalutran tomorrow (nervous about the bigger needle).
Having another scan Thursday and tentatively booked for retrieval Saturday.

I hope everyone out there is looking after themselves :)

#60 TCCC

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:13 PM

You'll be fine with the animal, but I remember the initial fear well! My main concerns were more the bubbles than anything else, but alas, I'm still alive! Fingers crossed you get the go ahead for Saturday!

#61 TCCC

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:15 PM

Ps I totally understand re people 'jumping the queue'. Sometimes I just want to yell at them - I was here first and tried harder for longer, back off! Psycho I know.

#62 OnlyOneMore

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:49 PM

Thanks everyone (especially Shay for attaching that reference! - I could totally kiss you for posting it - I hadn't been able to find anything positive online so I very much appreciate it!)
Nothing I can do now but wait & see (but it is nice to have a little bit of cautious hope on board). x

#63 mswc101

Posted 05 May 2015 - 07:45 AM

OnlyOneMore. I'm crossing fingers and toes for you!

Dh and I have other peripheral issues going on ATM. Like his son and all the drama that brings in so many ways. We have been at each others throats all long weekend. I've had only three hours sleep the last two nights through stress and on Sunday I left the house mad after an argument and ended up reversing my car into someone's car. The mother of dh son. I've called into work today coz I can't think straight...... So I think dh and I will def be holding off until 2016 before starting ivf. If at all.

#64 mrsJacko

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:31 AM

only, I am glad to hear that it is def not ectopic, I know from experience it is really easy to use google and read some pretty worrying this but Shay's post does sound hopeful at least, esp if at 8 weeks the embryo starts to catch up in size.
I hope your next scan shows some improvements but as the others have said it's not time to give up just yet xx

#65 soul11

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:35 AM

Welcome AnimalLover you are in the company of a fantastic group of ladies. I hope your stay here is short and sweet. 9 follicles is great for your first stim cycle. I hope you are going ok with the needles, im a real pansy when it comes to needles but very surprised with the little pain they give i found the further out toward my hip bone i went and pinched up my skin the less they hurt closer to my belly button the more i felt. Wishing you all the luck in the world, keep us updated.

Thinking of you OnlyOneMore, keep the faith. xx

AFM - i had my blood test yesterday for my one little soldier and much to my surprise :BFP:  i am in complete shock, i cannot believe it. I feel so completely blessed and lucky that my one little embryo is fighting so hard. I was so depressed and down last week about my FS confirming i have an egg quality issue that i didnt take the time to look at how blessed i was to get this one little fighter and my gosh is it a fighter. I have another blood test on Thursday so im hoping thats all good but at the moment my levels are great they said. Just goes to show it only does take one. Im thinking of all your ladies and i hope you all get BFP's very soon, i may hang in here a little while longer as i havnt quiet come to terms with it being real yet. I do hope this post doesnt hurt anyone but instead gives you all the hope in the world. xx

Primadonna - on the searching for symptoms note; i honestly dont feel a thing and thats why i am so so shocked im pregnant. My boobs are not sore at all although a little more full and firmer (only since this morning) but my symptoms till now have been watery CM and cramps on my left side just under my pubic hair line other than that nothing no extra smell (yet) etc so there is alot to say for symptom spotting, everyone is different obviously but yeah in the case of if you feel nothing dont count yourself out.

#66 mrsJacko

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:43 AM

congratulations soul11, what a wonderful surprise just in time for mothers day :)

#67 BabyGame

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:57 AM

Soul- What a wonderful Mother's Day present! Wishing u all the best during this pregnancy. Although the I'm just about to start my IVF journey U definitely give me hope that it can happen....

#68 soul11

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:12 AM

Babygame it can happen and it will happen!! Sometimes we need to survive the heartbreak to get there but it defiantly can happen. good luck with your first cycle, are you doing an antagonist or a long down regulated cycle?

#69 Shaynavyre

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:30 AM

Soul!!!!!

Squealing with excitement here for you honey! Yay!

Wowowowowowow!

#70 BabyGame

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

Soul- doing antagonist cycle. Have my first IVF appt this morning

#71 trying again

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:42 AM

Hi Everyone

Wow a lot has been happening on here the last few days.  Sorry I have been quite.  We had a cyclone again and things went a but crazy.

Soul - I am so very happy for you.  That is just the best news ever.  (I am actually jumping up and down on my chair in excitement and I look like a loon)  it is just the bestest news ever!

Animal Lover - Welcome.  May your stay be short and fruitful.

BabyGame - you will get there, just like we all will :)

Only - I would definitely listen to Shay's advice. It is definitely possible that all is OK.

MSWC101 - you have to make sure you are both happy with how things are progressing.  It is a bumpy road to begin with of that I completely understand.  You will get there, you just have to be positive.

I know I have missed people and I am so very sorry.

AFM I am miserable.  All I want to do is rip peoples heads off and scream at them!  I am getting so very sick of listening to people come and tell me "guess who is pregnant now!" (soul that is in no way directed at you, I had another four people this week tell me that they or someone I know was pregnant) I don't care anymore!  I have been trying for so long and now I am just unhappy...of course the drugs running around in my body that absolutely hate me at the moment are not helping one little bit and I know I said I do not care but I am happy for everyone who gets to have a little baby...I just wish it was me :(  Sorry I am just feeling down and feeling sorry for myself.  Oh I think my transfer is Tuesday or Thursday next week as well :)

Edited by tryingreallyhard, 05 May 2015 - 09:44 AM.

#72 Primadonna girl

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:45 AM

Soul: Congrats! Yay! That's wonderful news, especially because you only had 1 embie left and I know how it feels to have no frosties as back up.

Not wanting to steal you thunder Soul, but I got a BFP today too! I poas 7dp5dt as the symptoms and waiting were killing me and i'm glad I did! This was my only blast from this cycle, so very lucky it buried in!

I still can't believe it and i'm not getting too excited till beta confirms it's viable but to say i'm happy today is an understatement! With my egg quality issues I was convinced I would never have another child, but it looks like all those supplements did something!

#73 Shaynavyre

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:50 AM

Oh trying - it really sucks. When DH and I finally got married at the end of 2012, there were NINE pregnant guests (including an 8 month along bridesmaid). We were actually having a break from TTC at that stage, and I think it would have been the saddest day for me if we were actively doing tracked cycles or IVF then.

Just know that it's probably the drugs massively exacerbating the pain. I know it doesn't help much, but when you get sick of yourself, it helps to remember it's not you - this isn't you forever.  Just for a crappy little while.

Take some time off work. Snuggle with a blanket in front of the telly. Do something nice for yourself!

#74 Primadonna girl

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:50 AM

Trying: so sorry you're feeling down, we all know how you feel. I hope you don't find my previous post upsetting, i was writing it before I saw your post. Just think that you have a chance coming up and focus on staying positive! Are you doing fresh or frozen cycle? If fresh, when is EPU and how many follies do you have? Focus on you and I hope that this is your cycle!

#75 trying again

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:07 AM

Oh Prima - it did not upset me I think it is wonderful that you got a BFP.  It is awesome and I am so happy for you.  I am just feeling down.  I just wish it was me is all.  Like I said I am feeling sorry for myself.  I am good at that at the moment.  WOW two of us got a BFP in the same week.  How cool is that :)  I am doing a frozen cycle.  I fly down on Thursday night for my first ultrasound on Friday to see how think my lining is and if it is 8mm then the transfer should happen on Tuesday.  If it is not then I guess I keep taking Satan's tears for a little while longer and the transfer should happen on Thursday.  In all honesty my FS has to be the worst I have ever heard of.  Apparently I know what is going on cause I should google everything but I have always been told google doctor is bad so I have no idea. I am just confused :(

Thanks so much Shay.  I know I am not the only one to feel like this but I am the only one that I know and I think that is what hurts the most.  I have a friend that went through IVF but she is not quite that supportive cause I think everything I am going through brings back everything that she had gone through.  She did get a beautiful little girl out of it but I do not want to make anything painful for her so I am just sitting here wishing for something that seems like it will never come my way :(  At the moment with the costs of traveling and putting myself up in accommodation and car hire plus the flight changes that the FS threw at us at the last minute I cant afford to take time off work.  I just have to work through all of this.  My DH cant come down with me to this transfer either so I am just feeling a little bit cr@ppy at the moment.

I'll be right.  So many positives are happening for everyone today so I am sure I will pick up soon :)

Edited by tryingreallyhard, 05 May 2015 - 10:08 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.