Clomid & OI #119

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
324 replies to this topic

#1 ~Mintie~

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:12 PM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 BabyGame

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:24 PM

Gold!

#3 Shiv7897

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:46 PM

Hi!

#4 Shiv7897

Posted 28 April 2015 - 01:48 PM

I got the flu needle,  whooping cough vac and day 21 blood test today. Feeling like a pin cushion

#5 mrsJacko

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:51 PM

Get used to being a pin cushion Shiv....

Even once we get a BFP we are still cushions lol

#6 maybebaby17

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:22 PM

Good luck with your blood test results Shiv. I will have mine at the end of the week. I found the flu needle really hurts your arm afterwards

#7 Shiv7897

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:22 PM

yeah the flu needle hurt, and the whooping cough hurt even more!

#8 Shiv7897

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:39 AM

i keep getting small twinges on the left and right side of my belly button (tummy is bloated) and occasional pain on my sides, above my hips. Have you ladies had this after taking Clomid? I'm day 22.

#9 mrsJacko

Posted 29 April 2015 - 09:47 AM

I am extremely bloated and I have been having alot of pains but I put that down to Endo and ovulation. Maybe it's the clomid too?

hmm so I can never work out when I O... I get a solid smiley but then my temp doesn't rise for about 5 days after.
I thought you will O 12-24 hours after a solid smiley but I thought when your temp rises it means you have just O'd?

#10 Christmascarol

Posted 29 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

Just found the new thread ;)

#11 maybebaby17

Posted 29 April 2015 - 12:33 PM

SI have been very bloated last two days and some pain on my lower left (even though the foliclles were on the right). Different to my normal O pain so must be the clomid.

Welcome Christmas carol ;). I found it by fluke

#12 Shiv7897

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:53 PM

is it a known side effect? i cant tell the difference between what the clomid and whats PMS :p

mrsjacko - not sure about the temp. like you i thought if it rise you've ovulated. maybe just BD lots in case? i have heard the OPKS can detect the hormones the cause ovulation, but sometimes it can be delayed for whatever reason. ie: the OPK only predicts that ovulation will occur at some point soon, where as the temp rise confirms it?

i had a cycle with a digital OPK that gave a solid smiley after 8 days of flashing, and predicted O. But with hindsight, I know no I never O'd, and the OPK might just have been responding to my hormone levels relating to PCOS.

Edited by Shiv7897, 29 April 2015 - 06:54 PM.

#13 Shiv7897

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:05 PM

FS just rang, I didn't ovulate.

Got to wait and see if I get a period, if I don't have one by about 5 weeks, then take progesterone again, and then Clomid 100mg day 2-6.

:(

#14 kentieness

Posted 29 April 2015 - 07:59 PM

Sorry to hear, Shiv :(

I'm having a crappy night. Sick of wanting to see blood every time I go to the toilet and getting nothing. Of course the cycle that I'm meant to be starting Clomid has to be delayed! Just so over waiting :( Up to CD43.

#15 maybebaby17

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:07 PM

So sorry shiv :( Did your FS tell  you what your progesterone level was? I am wondering what level it should be to indicate O as I have read some conflicting things. I am still having my blood test tomorrow (CD21) even though I think it will only be around 3dpo so expecting it to be low.

#16 maybebaby17

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:10 PM

Sorry kentiness, the exact same thing happened to me. I had my longest cycle last month waiting to start clomid (45 days)! Fxd you can start your next cycle soon.

So much waiting. Waiting for AF, waiting to O, waiting for blood test to confirm O, waiting for BFP/AF and then repeat. Sigh.

Also, is it just me or is every second woman I pass in the street pregnant? seriously everywhere I look.

#17 Shiv7897

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:25 PM

I know what you mean Maybe baby. I had a good cry and now I'm just moody :p

No idea what my progesterone was - he wouldn't say.

#18 Shiv7897

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:26 PM

And so much waiting.  The thought of how much waiting is making me feel sad atm

#19 Christmascarol

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:00 PM

Shiv thinking of you I didn't O on 50mg either.

#20 Christmascarol

Posted 29 April 2015 - 10:07 PM

Shiv did you get a positive OPK?

#21 Shiv7897

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:04 AM

i didn't use OPKs because i was overseas in this cycle. Noted physical changes and CM changes, but didn't ovulate.

Previously I've used OPKs and gotten a positive, but not ovulated - i think my PCOS confuses them.

Are you having a blood test to confirm ovulation on your 100mg cycle?

#22 Christmascarol

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:04 AM

Yep havjng a blood test in a few days. Did your FS mention increasing your dosage?

AFM finally got a solid smiley on the digital and a dark line on the other OPK. At day 16 a week ago day 9 had ultrasound and was told I was about to O.

Question been doing my temp last few days in the 34's now today in the 37's. Is it ment to go up before ovulation? I thought it was meant to drop before O then go up after? Or maybe I have a cold lol

#23 BabyGame

Posted 30 April 2015 - 09:24 AM

Shiv- I have read that Women with PCOS can get multiple LH surges so u get a lot of positive opks, this happened to me all the time before I started clomid, except for one cycle on clomid where I had an extra long cycle but this was a one off.

Christmascarol- that's great u got a positive. For some people they get the ovulation dip others don't so don't worry if u don't get a dip, but yes your temp will go up once u have ovulated this is due to the increased progesterone that happens once u ovulate.

AFM- 4dpo- nothing to report. I booked appt with nurse at FS to do IVF initial chat yesterday I was all fine about it. Then in the middle of the night woke up in a panic about doing IVF and the financial stress of it and completely freaked myself out about doing it but seemed to have settled now lol

#24 mrsJacko

Posted 30 April 2015 - 12:30 PM

Sorry Shiv, at least you are being monitored and can tackle this head on!

Maybebaby, OMG YES! I see so many preg ladies right now and I am so crazy jealous L

Christmascarol, you don’t always get a dip but you get a rise AFTER you O,  sounds like you ovulated last night, make sure you get one last BD in today for good luck J

Babygame at least you have started the first step, the nurses are really great about helping you relax J

#25 Christmascarol

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:44 PM

Thanks Babygame am a bit confused tho like my temp went up indicating I had ovulated but only just got the postive OPK this morning.

Edited by Christmascarol, 30 April 2015 - 01:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.