Clomid & OI #119

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
324 replies to this topic

#51 kentieness

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:07 PM

Shiv - I was getting used to having 40-ish day cycles, so even though I wasn't looking forward to having to wait that long to start Clomid - apparently my body decided that was too simple!

#52 mrsJacko

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:10 AM

Is anyone else Temping?
Am I the only person who's temperature doesn't look like its meant too?

each month it never looks like the examples you see, I never have a nice standard base temp the rise, I mean it generally sticks between 36.3 and 36.6 but then has random drops to 36.0 and random increases.

I had a slight increase to 36.7 on CD19, then CD21 up to 37 the went to  36.8 on CD22 but now on CD23 I am back down to 36.5.

So I only had a rise for 4 days..

Maybe I should just stop temping, its so frustrating....

#53 Christmascarol

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:28 AM

MrsJacko have started temping and it's confusing me had a rise on day 16 then today day 20 dropped I don't understand it.

#54 BabyGame

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:33 AM

MrsJacko- i temp and some cycles all over the shop. I have found with me switching from orally to vaginally temping made my chart look much better more stable. Do u temp orally? Might be worth changing it if that's the case see if it makes a difference.

AFM- 8dpo, not much to report. On progesterone pessaries so whenever I feel something I'm just saying it's the progesterone. Tomorrow I have my IVF appt so hopefully that will be good.

#55 Christmascarol

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:20 PM

baby game I think I might switch to that way it might work better for me.  Do I just use the same theometer?

#56 Christmascarol

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:23 PM

Also do I do it at the same time each day?

#57 mrsJacko

Posted 04 May 2015 - 03:25 PM

I do mine every morning as soon as I wake up but I am doing it orally, I have heard vaginally is more accurate.

#58 Shiv7897

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:41 PM

good luck babygame for the appointment.

i dont temp, but have heard vaginally and the same time each day before you get up from bed is best. I imagine its probably about as confusing as OPKs.

The problem is, the expectations of what should happen in an "Average" cycle are often so far removed from the reality of a human body with complex and chaotic functioning.

#59 BabyGame

Posted 04 May 2015 - 04:46 PM

Christmascarol- same thermometer, same time every day as soon as u wake up is best. Good luck hope it makes your chart look better. I do like charting cos it tells me if I ovulated but then u wonder what every dip or high means lol. And compare your chart to pregnant charts to see if they are like yours....Oh the joys of TTC!!

#60 maybebaby17

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:03 PM

Hi girls, ive been temping for a few months and this is the first time that my temp has continued to rise after O and i had a noticeable dip on the day of my opk. Probably because i havent properly O'd for a few months. I am still doing it orally but have thought about doing it down there but would wait til the beginning of a new cycle. I have a few random peaks early in tis cycle which prob arent accurate. I have a bad habit of sleeping with my mouth open which skews the result. Today is my highest temp this cycle (7dpo). Hope thats a good thing!

#61 Eitak

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:15 PM

Hi everyone. I just wanted to thank you for your replies to my previous post. My FS told me to go ahead with the clomid despite the spotting. I had a scan today which showed lots of smaller follicles but one 15mm follicle which my FS is optimistic about. OPKs don't work for me so I'll just have to wait til progesterone test next week to see if it works. Good luck to all of you! I'm not sure I can give any advice in this thread as I'm so new to the process, but I appreciate your replies and support!

#62 BabyGame

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:47 PM

Just had another pregnancy announcement. I know they have been struggling to conceive so I'm really happy for them. Gives me some hope that one day it will be our turn! Baby dust to all

#63 Christmascarol

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:50 PM

Thanks for the advice Babygame am going to try it. It's hard sometimes when those announcements come it's good tho so it shows it does happen even after struggling.

I have a good feeling for you this month!

#64 BabyGame

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:59 PM

Thanks Christmas carol I wish I had your belief. It would be amazing if it did happen! I guess if it doesn't happen this cycle we start IVF which hopefully will get our long awaited little one...

#65 mrsJacko

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:27 AM

hmm so my temp is back up again this morning, maybe yesterday I slept with my mouth open or something lol

#66 kentieness

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:29 AM

Sorry ladies, having a moment. Just called my gyno's office to ask for him to call me back and the receptionist was so sweet and so sympathetic and now I'm crying because I'm having an 'it's not fair!' moment. I hate that I basically have to ask for permission to get pregnant because my stupid body can't figure out what to do!

#67 Shiv7897

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:35 AM

I know Kentieness, it does feel unfair. And frustrating. A lot of the time I'm just really angry and frustrated with myself, i feel like my body is letting me down. Is that how you're feeling?

Still no AF?

Edited by Shiv7897, 05 May 2015 - 09:36 AM.

#68 kentieness

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:05 AM

Still no AF, Shiv. Up to CD49 and absolutely feeling like my body has let me down, it's awful :(

#69 Shiv7897

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:08 AM

such a long cycle :( that's longer than what you usually have right?

I'm waiting to see if mine will turn up, but feeling fairly pessimistic about it. Meant to start progesterone tablets to induce a bleed soon if AF doesn't show. I hate waiting around feeling like 'm not doing anything proactive.

#70 kentieness

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:24 AM

My cycles have all been between 38-41 days since September last year, so of course my body decides to change it up now when I'm supposed to be starting Clomid!

How long after you start the progesterone tablets is AF meant to start? Hopefully my gyno will suggest something like that. The waiting around doing nothing is so depressing

#71 Shiv7897

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:30 AM

for me, i took progesterone for 7 days, and started spotting about 7 days afterward i finished the tablets, with the full flow starting 3 days after that. FS said to count the spotting as the start of the cycle.

#72 mrsJacko

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:24 AM

Oh Kentie sorry you are frustrated, you are not the only one.... can I join in today?
There are two people at work who have just announced that their partners are pregnant, I am happy for them but where's mine?

AFM, has anyone else had cramps on Clomid?
I have had cramps every single day of this entire cycle and I am now CD24...

I am wondering if it's the clomid or my Endo....

#73 Shiv7897

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:30 AM

Hi mrsjacko, yeah i had cramps from day 14-21 with clomid.

#74 Shiv7897

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:31 AM

my facebook feed is a collection of pregnancy announcements, births and pictures of babies growing and developing. which is lovely to see, but also reminds me that life is not working out the way i hoped. im trying to focus on work, but its hard

#75 mrsJacko

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:40 AM

Oh and the new princess! OMGosh, doesn't she make your ovaries melt!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.