She is finally here!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Expatmother

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:47 AM

After three sons I was quite shocked to learn that my final child would be a girl. I have been induced twice and had one spontaneous labour so I was not sure what to expect with her.

A few days before my due date I mentioned to my MIL that eggplant has been know to kickstart labour for some ladies. I was trying everything at this stage to get labour going as I did not relish the idea of being induced again. My MIL kindly bought me three huge eggplants and fried them up the night before my due date. I ate two of them with greek yogurt, lemon, and mint before going to bed feeling quite sick from all that eggplant. I had a reasonably ok sleep but woke up at 5 am because DS2 was coughing. As I got up from bed I felt something trickle down my legs. I really was not sure if I had just lost control of my bladder or if my waters had just broken. I raced to the toilet leaking fluid but it stopped after I sat down.
I called my DH (who was abroad working and not present for the birth) and told him I think today was the day. I called my mum and tried to work out if it was my waters.... my SIL was to be my birth partner and I did not want the embarrassment of going all the way to the labour ward to find out I had just peed on myself :)

Finally at 8 am with no more waters leaking nor had contractions started I decided that heading into hospital was a good idea. My called my SIL & BIL who took my other children to my PIL's house and then they drove me to hospital.
We arrived at 9 am and was checked over my the midwife who told me my waters had broken (2 cm dilated) and I would be having a baby soon! I was moved at 11 am to a room to relax and see if labour would start on its own. My SIL and I walked around the hospital grounds for hours in the hope that contractions would start but nothing was happening. I saw my midwife again at 5:30 pm and she started to explain my options if I did start dilating soon.... they were concerned because I had picked up an infection after my waters broke and they wanted her out soon. The midwife after checking me again (still 2 cm) said I should go for one more big walk and come back in an hour (at 6:30 pm).
Within 5 minutes of getting outside I had a contraction and it hurt! They started coming fast and furious after this (1 minute apart and painful). I had to get back to the labour ward and fast. It took a 10 excruciating minutes to get back inside and I could feel my baby descending into the birth canal as I waited in the elevator.
Once we entered my birth suite I was screaming for the midwife as I needed to push. The midwife undressed me and hauled my onto the bed as I could barely dare to move through the contractions that were right on top of each other. Once my legs were up in stirrups she announced that the head was right there and she had lots of black hair. This was my first birth without an epidural or any pain relief so I started to freak out about the ring of fire that I had heard about but never experienced. I did not have too much time to stress as my body was pushing for me which was a strange sensation. I literally just laid there crying and moaning whilst my body took over and delivered my baby. I did not have to think and I just focused on my breathing.
After three big pushes baby Anaya Myriam was born at 6:34 pm on the 29th of March 2015. She was 53 cm and a whopping 4.485 kilo (9 pound 8). She was beautiful and crying and pink. Just perfect.

#2 Milano

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:27 AM

Congratulations! What a quick labour in the end.

Welcome baby Anaya.

#3 Future-self

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:01 AM

Congratulations and enjoy your new one :)

#4 just roses

Posted 03 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

Congratulations!!! What wonderful news.

Welcome to the world, little Anaya x

#5 Raincloud

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:46 AM

Congratulations! She was in a hurry! Xox

#6 TinCatšŸ±

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:53 AM

Congratulations!

#7 Guest_canadianmum_*

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:14 AM

Lovely birth story, congratulations!

#8 Lou-bags

Posted 23 May 2015 - 12:22 AM

Oh wow. Congratulations! Beautiful name, enjoy her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.