3rd Child? #47. For those thinking about or actively TTC'ing their third child

• Please log in to reply
759 replies to this topic

#26 ~spirited~

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

I really hope the vitex works, tryingfor#3. My cycles are irregular as well. I might keep an eye out for it in my area for next cycle.

Positive OPK tonight, so the race is on. DH will be home some time tomorrow evening. I have had barely any CM this month though, which is unusual for me.

I'm wondering if I have a cyst, I had the most awful pains last cycle (I started freaking out I had an ectopic pregnancy), they stopped me in my tracks, doubled me over, and took my breath away. They lasted from O to AF and even the first day of AF. Anyway, they started again today not looking forward to another fortnight of it. And hoping they don't mean I've already O'd, although tonight's OPK was a lot darker than yesterday's.

#27 mayahlb

Posted 22 May 2015 - 11:34 AM

EB hates my iPad. Crashed so many times mid post :(

Tryingfor#3. Glad to hear you found some. I really hope it works for you

Spirited. Oh no I hope the pain vanishes but yah for ovulating hopefully in time for Dh to be there.

I started feeling much better yesterday. But we skipped a couple of nights as I just felt too crook. But we did last night and I hope it was in the time frame as I still had some cm yesterday. I'm not positive for this month though. I think it is all getting a bit down especially as I have to start planning my youngest's 5th birthday soon. I was hoping we'd be pregnant by this point or have had a baby.

#28 ~spirited~

Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:55 AM

I'm glad you have started feeling better, Maya. Is the op this week? And fingers crossed your timing was right given your CM.

Looks like we'll be in the 2WW together, I had a good temp rise this morning so should have ovulated some time yesterday. We managed to DTD Friday night and yesterday morning so looks like after all my worrying we are in with a shot this month.

I read somewhere that ideally the sperm need 12 hours in the cervix prior to ovulation for the best chance of conception, I hadn't head that before. I knew the sperm need to be there to meet the egg, but not that far in advance.

Although last month we DTD daily in the lead up to O and had no luck.

So, let the countdown begin! 1dpo today, knowing me I'll be POAS by next weekend.

#29 mayahlb

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:00 PM

That's great you managed to time it right Spirited. I'm actually posting this from the airport, while my children drive me nute waiting for my husband to finish work and come and pick them up before I leave. Op is tomorrow thankfully as I woke up this morning in lot of pain again :cry: I overdid it yesterday as I was feeling great. I think I'm about 1-2 dpo. Ad is due the 4th I think.

#30 MrsAG79

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:47 PM

Good luck maya! Hope the op goes well!!

#31 ~spirited~

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:51 PM

How did the op go, Maya? I hope you are recovering well xxx

#32 ~spirited~

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:39 PM

4dpo, twiddling my thumbs. I don't know which part of TTC is more frustrating, waiting to O or waiting for AF! Time is dragging.

#33 mayahlb

Posted 28 May 2015 - 02:41 PM

Op went well though I am a bit more sore then I thought. They must have given me more of the anaesthetic because I am much groggily still three days later then last time I had a GA. but healing and I certainly feel healthier.

Also jus waiting waiting waiting. Due mid next week around the 4th. Don't know how I feel this month if that makes sense. Some months I feel like it just won't work and others I'm positive it will be this month. I suppose I'm just going with the flow.

#34 ~spirited~

Posted 30 May 2015 - 11:21 AM

Hope the grogginess has passed, Maya. Are you home now? I've never had a GA, but my son had his tonsils and adenoids removed last year, it was awful watching him go under and come out of it.

My AF is due the 6th, so I'm 7dpo today. I tested with an IC this morning, negative of course. I did have a crazily vivid dream last night, that has been one of my EPS in my previous pregnancies, but more around 9-11dpo so not reading too much into it.

How are you traveling tryingfor#3?

Anyone else still in here?

#35 mayahlb

Posted 30 May 2015 - 12:39 PM

Spirited my son has had his tonsils and adenoids out as well as grommets in. The first time he went under it wasn't too bad the second time was awful. But he went under different ways each time.

I'm have vivid bizarre dreams but that is normal for after a GA. It does remind me of the pregnancy drea though. So I must be about 8-9 dpo currently.

#36 MrsAG79

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:04 PM

Glad to hear that op went well Maya.  Hope that you are feeling better 😊

Gosh I hope m at least one of us has good news this month! Good luck spirited... Hope you've caught that egg.
Doing clearblue digital opk this month. Got my second flashy 😊 today. Also noticed alot more CM than usual. I also started vitex this cycle and had have read that it can increase CM around ovulation tome.  Let's see if I have some luck!

#37 ~spirited~

Posted 01 June 2015 - 06:36 PM

That sounds promising, tryingfor#3! I'm definitely putting vitex on my shopping list for next month if this isn't our month. I didn't have much CM this month, was thinking about trying preseed as well.

I woke up this morning and realised my kids have hidden my thermometer this morning, grr! At least I have already ovulated but I still like to monitor my temp, especially as AF approaches. I might look at buying a new one next cycle even if I can't find this one, it only goes to 1 decimal place and I'm not sure how accurate it is.

I am 9dpo today, which is how far along I was when I got a BFP with ds2. I tested with an IC this morning and this afternoon, both negative. I'll probably cave and use a FRER tomorrow morning, just because I am impatient.

I've had a few of those bad stabbing pains from last cycle but not as many and not as painful. Noticed some whitish gloopy CM tonight (sorry for TMI), my boobs feel sore and nipples on the sensitive side. Not getting my hopes up though, I was sure I was pregnant the last 2 cycles and was wrong.

Will update in the morning after testing.

Good luck catching that egg, tryingfor#3!

And fingers crossed it's your month, Maya! Will you test or wait and see if AF shows up?

#38 mayahlb

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:42 PM

Spirited I've had a few chemical pregnancies and the odd weird cycle that is a week out so I don't test until AF is well and truly late. It helps me so I don't get so disappointed and sad when it doesn't work out. Due in 4 days and gosh I've been grouchy the last two days. I also have one boob that has decided is will turn excruciatingly sore around the nipple.

Tryingfor3 sounds very promising

#39 ~spirited~

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:29 AM

BFN

Think I should start waiting for AF to be late as well.

#40 mayahlb

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:24 PM

:( spirited. I hate when it only comes up one line on tests. Was really hoping for you. Xxx

#41 mayahlb

Posted 02 June 2015 - 02:28 PM

Urg posted before I wrote anything else. My grumpy streak continues, everything is irritating me. I have to do PD sessions all of today and see no point in them as they are so bloody general not specific to my area, and I have a weeks worth of work to catch up on, so as I only work mon/tue and yesterday was a public holiday it will have to wait until me t week. And then add in that o am having to chase up people about a serious incident last week involving my eldest I'm heading towards super irritated. Not helped by nausea on and off (normal pre ad symptoms for me and one of the reasons I don't test until overdue). Hmm people won't want to deal with me today with all the hormones starting to swing badly. 3-4 days until at is due

Edited by mayahlb, 02 June 2015 - 02:29 PM.

#42 ~spirited~

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:02 PM

Hope you are over you grumpiness, Maya. It can be so hard to break out of the cranky cycle.

I have PD this afternoon, I don't work at school on Wednesdays but they wanted me to do this training, so I got a day in lieu (I have to go to another session in a fortnight as well). Not a bad trade, 2x2 hours of PD in lieu of a day at school.

Another BFN this morning (and I used another FRER), but I did have a temp rise this morning (am using a different thermometer, but yesterday's temp was in line with what my temps have been post O on my basal thermometer). Today was up to 37.1, it usually hovers around 36.6-36.8 so of course my hopes are up that it's due to implantation.

AF is due Saturday for me, some months my temp drops the day before, others it only drops the day AF shows. Fingers crossed it stays up this month!

#43 mayahlb

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:19 PM

Spirited that sounds positive! Hopefully this month is the month for all of us. I would have gotten time in leiu if I had gone to any of the other sessions this week but they put out the old scedule the week before so I couldn't organise care for the days I'm not actually at work. Which I'm kind of happy about as I didn't really want to be here as most of it is stuff we have already done previously.

Tryingfor#3 how are you going? When do you o?

Crankiness has receded so I don't feel like a giant hormonal mess. Nausea is driving me crazy though. I really hope AF doesn't turn up tomorrow and this is our month. I feel ambivalent about it though this month, not really positive or negative about this cycle. I do know we definitely Dtd the day/night I I'd though so please god let the egg have been caught and it be healthy and perfect and sticky.

#44 ~spirited~

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:25 AM

I'm out, AF just showed up 2 days early. Which means my luteal phase is not consistent, and is getting shorter.

I think I might book in to my GP next week. With my irregular cycles, that awful pain (not as often this cycle but still there), and now the luteal thing I'd like to make sure things are working as they should.

I'm hoping she'll at least do some blood work. This was only cycle 5 of TTC so I know it's still within the realm of average, but I'll be 34 in a month and I conceived both my sons on my 3rd cycle. Plus I use OPKs and chart so I know our timing is right.

Boo. Feeling crappy.

Hope it's your month, Maya, and that AF doesn't turn up for you.

And hoping that vitex works its magic for you, tryingfor#3!

#45 MrsAG79

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:47 PM

Sorry to hear spirited. I know that disappointment too well. I think it is a good idea to see a GP, to get the ball rolling.

Hoping that the grumpiness is better today maya. Is AF due soon. Hope she stays away!!!

I'm 3dpo. We are going into our 29th cycle now of trying. I'm tired. I'm stressed. I'm sad. But yet I still keep trying. I don't know anymore. I want this so much but it's just so hard.

#46 mayahlb

Posted 08 June 2015 - 04:51 PM

Oh tryingfor#3 that's a such a long time. It must be heartwrenching every months when Af turns up. xxx I really pray that it happens soon

Spirited - :( Good idea to get the GP on board to see if something else is affecting what is happening

Well AF arrived Saturday. Looks like my cycle is back from 30 to 32 days. But it seems heavier then is has been for months, closer to what I was used to; though not quiet as bad when they though I had aedometrius (sp? its like endo but on the inside of the uterus, basically the lining implants into the muscle wall of the uterus and when AF arrives it pulls at the muscle causing very heavy bleeding and a great deal of pain). Maybe this is a good sign? Like my body has decided to finally get into gear. I remember when I had an u/s when I used to be bleeding like this the technician said I looked very fertile.

god who knows, I'm so tried of trying to figure out what exactly is happening. And I had a massive argument with DH Friday, so am wondering if we should really be TTC even though things are fine now. Just sad and I'm missing my mum a lot.

#47 MrsAG79

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:51 PM

Sorry to hear that you are down Maya and sorry to hear that AF showed up 😢 What has made you question whether or not you want to continue TTC?

I feel the same sometimes though. Firstly over the dissapointment month after month but today for the first time I felt that I was enjoying having the day to myself with both DD and DS at school and kindy. Met a friend for breakfast and then came home to get dunner ready and put some laundry away.  Even though they are at a busy age I am enjoying the routine and that they play well (most of the time) together.  We've also talked about going overseas at the end of the year.  DH has been wanting to go again for the last year but I kept saying 'what if I fall pregnant'. I can't put my life on hold forever for something that might not happen.  Need to start living in the moment more I think!

#48 mayahlb

Posted 15 June 2015 - 01:56 PM

TTC#3 – When are you due to test/O?
There are many reasons I keep wondering about TTC. I was feeling very raw after this latest blow up with DH, it was a very very big fight (ok so this happens at least once a year but this was probably the 2nd worst we have ever had). I’m not sure DH actually wants another child, he loves the age our children are currently, where he struggled a bit more when they were so little. I really need to sit down and talk to him about it, but it’s hard when currently my almost 5 year old has regressed with his sleeping, i.e. taking 3-4 hours to get him down at night again and I have him back on melatonin because it was getting impossible. And well since my mum passed away last year I have no support where we live, I miss even just being able to pick up the phone and pour my heart out to her. My family  is scattered all over the country and I’m not as close in a lot of ways as I was to mum. My sister is always there but mum “got” me if that makes sense, where AJ doesn’t always (and when I really need to talk to her I can never get her on the phone). And we are currently looking at my almost 5 year old with eyes to an ADD assessment in a year or so. What if I get another high needs child? Another child with ASD or ADD or one like R who never ever ever slept (and still struggles to). When and how would I fit in more appointments and therapy? Never-mind the seemingly constant work we have to do with supposedly simple things like school and daycare. I already struggle at times with it and feel like I rarely get time to spend on my mental health and as just me, rather than someone’s mum or wife. Do I just want another child because I missed out on so much with R and all the issues we had with him? How much strain would another child put on our relationship? And then there is the fact that it looks like DH’s work is going to be making around 30 people redundant at the end of the year. So job security with him is an issue and it isn’t easy in the current job market to find a job paying what we need. My job mainly covers daycare, our car loan, half our grocery shop and extracurricular activities for the kids (tutoring, martial arts, Auskick etc). But I just feel gripped by this feeling that someone is missing in our life. I want to be pregnant again so much, I want to carry another child even though morning sickness with be terrible and draining and horrible (I had HG the last two times). I want to see another newborn grow into a child who will push my buttons and make me wonder why on earth we chose to have another one. Does that make sense? And it just feels like the longer it takes to get pregnant the more these thoughts circle around in my head. I sometimes feel that maybe it isn’t happening for a reason, maybe someone, God or whoever has decided we shouldn’t have another, that the two we have is more than enough (I’m agnostic in case you are wondering, I believe very strongly in God or something out there but I don’t like religion). Or maybe they are just waiting for the right “time”, for when everything will fall perfectly into place, all these things I can’t control.

On another note I think this fight got a lot of sore points out in the open for both of us. And my dad is coming over in July, in roughly a month. I would really really love for him to arrive to the news that we are pregnant. And we would be due around my eldest brother’s birthday. Which would be special as he passed away 13 years ago (it never feels like that long ago really). I’m just waiting to O. waiting waiting waiting, but I really should take this time to sit down and talk with DH and see where we at. He seems ambivalent about the whole thing at times.

Spirited – how are you going?

#49 ~spirited~

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:26 PM

Agh, sorry AF showed up Maya. And sorry I've been MIA. I was checking in for a few days but must have just missed your post.

I really hope you and tryingfor#3 and I are all joining DIGs soon. And I think having wavering thoughts/feelings about adding to our families is pretty normal. Sometimes I feel like I can't imagine a whole new person joining us and other days I feel like I'm not done. I try not to think about the practicalities of a third, either!

A colleague just announced her pregnancy today (18 weeks, she hid it well) and of course I felt that pang of jealousy. Work is really stressful at the moment, I felt so agitated on the drive home, and now I'm stressing it will affect TTC this month.

I'm on CD13 so waiting to O. I'm using clear blue digital OPKs this month, I used my first tonight and it didn't detect a surge. FF is predicting CD19 as O day, which is Monday.

I'll try and check in more regularly. Let's catch these eggs!

#50 MrsAG79

Posted 18 June 2015 - 02:34 PM

Ladies ........ I can't believe I am actually writing this.
I just got my BFP!!!!!!!

I am still in shock and have not stopped crying!!!!

2.5 years of trying. I am in utter disbelief. The positive come up straight away.

It might be a coincidence but I am sure it was the Vitex that I only started last month due to my irregular cycles.

I haven't told DH yet, will wait to tell him tonight. Please send me your sticky vibes xxx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.