3rd Child? #47. For those thinking about or actively TTC'ing their third child

• Please log in to reply
758 replies to this topic

#51 mayahlb

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:44 PM

Oh ttc#3 what wonderful news! I am so happy for you and hoping that it is a healthy sticky Bub and the next 9 months are nothing but calm and peaceful

Spirited I felt jealous when a friend announced her pregnancy just recently. I was really really happy for her but it didn't stop me feel sad and jealous.

I'm also in cycle day13 and should be oing in the next 4/5 days.

#52 ~spirited~

Posted 18 June 2015 - 05:59 PM

Wow wow wow tryingfor#3! I am sooooo happy for you! Everything is crossed for you! Congratulations! I am definitely going to look into vitex next cycle if need be!

Maya, fingers crossed we both catch the egg this cycle. I had another negative OPK yesterday but then a huge temp jump this morning, I'm hoping it was just because I've been a bit unwell. I actually felt really hot as soon as I woke up, usually when my temp goes up I don't feel any warmer. We are kind if following SMEP this month, just delayed the start a few days because I generally O between CD18-23 (although has been as early as 16).

I saw a newborn baby today, I always forget how tiny they are! Cluck cluck cluck!

#53 MrsAG79

Posted 18 June 2015 - 06:29 PM

Thanks so much spirited.  I'm sorry for the lack if personals earlier I was too excited to share the news. I still can't believe it. Definitely give vitex if need be. Good luck!

Maya - sorry you've had a rough trot. I completely understand that it would be very challenging for you. Wishing you all the best.

Who's left in this group?  Vix? Any news?

#54 mayahlb

Posted 20 June 2015 - 05:30 PM

Spirited - hope you aren't getting sick

#3ontheway. Some days are worse then others. I was having a really hard time the last few weeks. The last few days have been better but I'm exhausted today. I need a holiday I think.

Cycle day 15 and just waiting to o. It's normally around day 16-18. Should be in the next few days.

#55 ~spirited~

Posted 20 June 2015 - 08:19 PM

Love the name change, #3ontheway! Any idea what your due date is?

Thanks Maya, I've been battling a sore throat and blocked ears for a few days but nothing seems to have eventuated.

I got a positive OPK tonight (I was very excited to see the smiley face and showed DH). DTD this morning (was meant to be last night according to SMEP but we were both too tired) so will try fit tonight, tomorrow and Monday and then Wednesday to cover all bases. My period will be due a couple of days before my birthday (turning 34, eek).

#56 MrsAG79

Posted 21 June 2015 - 12:24 AM

Hoping this is your month Maya. Sometimes it just gets on top of you and the added stress of ttc would make things harder. Maybe a break away is just what you need.

Thanks spirited. Feels surreal to change my username. Going my LMP due date is 21 Feb.
I hope you don't mind me coming in here from time to time to see how things are tracking.  Hoping you both have your much awaited news soon xxx

Edited by #3ontheway, 21 June 2015 - 12:25 AM.

#57 ~spirited~

Posted 22 June 2015 - 06:17 AM

I don't mind you popping it at all, #3ontheway! I know technically you are meant to stop, but given it's just the 3 of us in here at the moment, and we are so over the moon for you, definitely keep us posted on how things are going! And keep checking in on us :)

Maya, how are you going? Any chance of a holiday? Although I guess with school holidays coming up it might be the opposite of that for you?

Another positive OPK last night and no temp rise today so I think I'll O today. I really hope we catch the egg this month, I feel like we've DTD at the right times. Now it will just be they waiting game.

#58 MrsAG79

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:56 AM

Thanks spirited.  I really hope you've caught that egg. Fingers crossed xxx

#59 mayahlb

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:50 AM

#3ontheway - keep popping in, its' lovely to hear how you are going and it is only currently the three of us that chat the most. And that is a nice date in feb, that was my nana's birthday (and my niece was born on the 28th last year)

spirited - ooh that is great about positive opk! hopefully you catch that egg, its certainly sounds like you are doing everything right this month

holiday? what's that lol? I need one but don't know when it will happen, maybe next year? My dad is coming up for a couple of week (hoping to make it 3 before he goes down to see my sister) so that should be a bit of a break and T's OT said she is away for the next 3 weeks so that is sort of a holiday (no therapy, just tutoring, yah :dance:. Work is ramping up at the moment (winter term intensives, our manager is coming up for a week and one of my team is going to be away soon for a week) so not much chance of a break. It will get better, I think most of it is end of term rattiness with the kids, this term is 11 weeks long so they are tired and cranky, I don't really blame them. A school mum friend cornered me to say I need to organise a coffee date soon so I think I need to start trying those a bit more just for the headspace (I live out of town and that and the therapy + school + out of school activities make. I'm actually feeling better today, I did almost nothing yesterday and I am getting back into eating better and exercise, it definitely helps, even if it ends up just being 30 mins on the treadmill. I had egg white cm yesterday and we dtd so hoping we catch that egg. I'm feeling positive this month.

#60 ~spirited~

Posted 26 June 2015 - 05:44 PM

Fingers crossed you caught the egg as well, Maya! I'm glad you are feeling more positive this month.

11 week terms are awful! So glad we only had a 10 weekend this term. Hooray for school holidays! Although I was in at school for a few hours on Wednesday and popped in again this afternoon (I only work mon-tue).

My friend who fell pregnant a month or so ago has had a miscarriage :( I'm so sad for her. Second miscarriage for her :( if I fall pregnant this month it's going to be hard telling her.

I'm 4dpo ish (my temps were all over the place earlier in the cycle so I had to do some fiddling to get FF to call O) but my temps are definitely up now so I'm positive I O'd at some point. I think it was Monday going by OPKs (positive on Saturday and Sunday, negative on Monday) and I did have a temp rise of 0.3 on Tuesday morning.

Depending on my luteal phase this month AF is due Monday 6th July. I'm actually going to hold off testing until AF is late this month. I'm going to a good friend's wedding on the 4th and celebrating my birthday with DHs family on the 5th (my birthday is the 7th) and me not drinking is a dead giveaway to everyone who knows me. So, I will be blissfully ignorant and enjoy a few drinks.

Ok, time to bath my little terrors, looks like they've finished dinner.

#61 mayahlb

Posted 29 June 2015 - 06:34 PM

We are due around the same time spirited! I feel so sorry for you friend, miscarriage is such a horrible thing to go through. But I hope you enjoy the night out. I'm looking forward to a night out when dad is visiting as I haven't had a chance to go out for dinner with Ryan since Sept last year. So am Looking forward to it.

Mostly I'm just Waiting waiting waiting. Af due 6/7 July. Feeling blahs pay though and like I'm comig down with something. Either that or I'm getting shocking hormonal headaches. Boo I don't have time to be sick at the moment.

#62 mayahlb

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:48 PM

7 days until AF is due. 7 really really really long days.

#63 IveGotTwoBaby

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:32 PM

Hi all, I'm a newbie here I actually came across this thread with a Google search so signed up so I can respond... I'm not sure what all the abbreviations stand for haha or I'm not sure what it means by 'buddy groups' either but I'm TTC baby #3 and have been for about 2+ years now. I have already 2 children aged 8.5 and 7. After the birth of my last child I was sure that's it for me I didn't want any more. I had a positive pap smear result not long after his birth and needed a small operation to remove some bad tissue from my cervix. That was about 6 years ago now. During that time things changed and I became so clucky and wanting more children. I had a miscarriage after a year of TTC that was about 1.5years ago now and since then... nothing... I've just started using the ovulation kits and I got so happy when I had a positive result from that haha its been a long time since I've seen a positive result... anyway I've just started spotting now for about 3 days and according to my period tracker my period is due in approx 4 days (I normally spot before my period is due and also with a strained bowel movement) so I'll have to try again next month. I was hoping this spotting could be implantation bleeding but I think 3 days is a bit long for that? I had an ultrasound about 1.5 years ago and I have some cysts on my left ovary I was supposed to get an operation to clean them out but I ended up falling pregnant (that was the miscarriage I had 1.5years ago) so cancelled the appointment. I'm 30 now and just starting to feel a little down... my youngest is 7 and I'm worried it's going to be such a huge gap..

#64 mayahlb

Posted 01 July 2015 - 04:45 PM

Hi ivegottwobaby :waves:

If you are worried I'd head to the GP again. An ultrasound would clear up if you still have cysts. Having ovarian cysts can make falling pregnant hard as they can prevent you from releasing the eggs. I dont know much about implantation bleeding, I've never hard it before.

6 days to go until AF is due. Feels like forever

#65 ~spirited~

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:48 PM

Hi IveGotTwoBaby, welcome to our little club. I don't know much about ovarian cysts but I think a trip to the GP to talk about your fertility sounds like a good idea.

Maya, I am right there with you. This TWW is dragging! I hope we both get our BFPs next week. I'm going to test on my birthday (Tuesday 7th) if AF hasn't shown. How about you?

I saw my friend who had the miscarriage today. She seems ok, and is keen to try again. She asked me if I'd tell her if I fell pregnant and I said as long as she was comfortable with me telling her. She said was ok with knowing, so that is one weight lifted. Now I just have to get pregnant ;)

#66 mayahlb

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:47 PM

I don't normally test until I'm about 4/5 days late. Just be ause my body does like to do that to me occasionally. But normally if I am pregnant, well let's just say pregnancy I was pretty much throwing up the day AF was due and it didn't subside until he was born. My first pregnancy it kicked in about week 5 and again didn't stop until he was born.

#67 mayahlb

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:57 AM

I'm out. The witch showed up this morning. Stupid cycle was 29 days this month, 32 last month, 6 weeks the time before that. Am over it

#68 MrsAG79

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:09 PM

So sorry to hear mayahlb. Your irregular periods sound just like mine. Maybe give vitex a go?

#69 ~spirited~

Posted 02 July 2015 - 02:29 PM

I'm sorry Maya :(

Do you use OPKs? Might be helpful so you know when O is imminent. Do you think you O'd earlier than you'd thought? I think luteal phases don't tend to vary much person to person.

FF is saying my AF is due on Sunday, I guess because my luteal phase was only 13 days last month rather than it's usual 14.

#70 ~spirited~

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:41 PM

And I'm out as well. AF showed up 13dpo like last month

#71 mayahlb

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:01 AM

:( spirited. Ivedecided to take break for few months, I'm starting to obsessed over it and that is not great for my headspace. And seeing and hearing about others announcing a pregnancy or having a new baby is upsetting me, so I think a break is a good idea. I can pinpoint o normally but this month I don't know what went on. I did wonder if I od 2-3 days earlier. But again we were bding every day to every 2nd day for almost the whole month. I'll probably PPP in every so often but I hop it happens soon for you spirited

#72 ~spirited~

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:19 PM

Thanks Maya. I hope you clear your head on your break. I'm starting to obsess as well, it's not good.

I posted in the TTC in July thread over in the main TTC forum this morning, so I might hang in there while you take a break. I'll post monthly updates in here though, and check in for news from you as well.

Take care xxx

#73 j-gray

Posted 12 July 2015 - 10:23 AM

Hi ladies ... just popping in to say hello. I haven't been on these forums for years (because tbh the cattiness on some threads really got to me!) but very much missing the support from lovely ladies. So here I am.

Trying for number three this month. I have DS 4 and DS 2.5. Though we would be so happy with either gender, I have always had a vibe that I'd have two boys then a girl. So this month we're going to go for it every day and then stop at ovulation. If that doesn't work, (i.e if we don't conceive) we'll go back to the old method of every two days for the entire month! My boys are out on the trampoline with DH wrestling and basically going crazy, so it would be nice to have the company of a calm little girl!

I work four days a week in a job I'm finding very stressful ... so worried that will affect my chances. But that's probably for another thread ;)

Has anyone used ovulation kits ? Any brands you can recommend ?

I've been using an app called Clue to track my cycle for the past few months. It's very interesting!

Already can't wait to do a pre test even though AF only finished a few days ago :p

#74 Miss 50s

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:18 PM

Hi Ladies,

I thought I would come in and join you. We have been TTC #3 since the beginning of the year. DP works FIFO so we have actually only had a couple of months where he's been home during O week.

I'm on CD28 today and AF is due Wed/Thurs. My O date on FF is anywhere from 28th June-2nd JUly. I only started getting serious and temping from CD 16. I wish I had been doing it all year!

Anyway I've had cramping sensations for over a week now and have been feeling slightly nauseous but I did a Crystal Clear this arvo and got a BFN. I'm annoyed at myself for not waiting until AF came. My temps are still up but I expect them to change in the next day or two.

Hope to get to know you all :)

#75 MrsAG79

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:47 AM

Hi spirited and mayahlb.  Changed my username (was tryingfor#3). Sad news. ... I miscarried at almost 9 weeks.  We are heartbroken,  as you know it took us 2 years to conceive this baby. We will be trying again after I get my first period.
I'm a bit lost now, feels surreal.
I hope you both are going well.
Welcome to the newbies. Wishing you the best of luck.
Not sure I will be a regular in here... still coming to terms with it all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.