3rd Child? #47. For those thinking about or actively TTC'ing their third child

• Please log in to reply
835 replies to this topic

#626 GreyhoundLover

Posted 15 April 2019 - 04:31 PM

Oh I'm sorry benny that really sucks :( Argh. I really feel for you guys - I'm getting really scared now that IVF isn't the answer to all my problems. I'm going ahead with it but I'm going to be very cautiously optimistic, especially considering the bad luck you guys have had.

I'm due to start my injections on 21/4 so that isn't too far away.

I totally get what you are saying Pal, how you aren't sure how long you can continue to try so hard. I'm a bit the same. The past few weeks I've gone off the boil a bit and haven't been obsessing as much - I hope that continues once I start the IVF cycle so I don't go cray cray.

It really took me aback when the IVF psychologist said it is a good idea to discuss as a couple when you want to stop IVF if it isn't working. And I must be so naive because I was like wtf? don't talk to me about it not working!!!! That was such a reality check that there are no guarantees with this.

#627 Pal30

Posted 15 April 2019 - 07:55 PM

Im sorry to hear Benny :(

Hmm I was a bit negative in previous posts. There are sooo many reasons why it *will* work for us.... if we keep trying it will happen.

There are plenty of success stories of people that keep trying and do get there.

Dont give up hope guys.

Honestly I really don't believe that Ivf is the be all and end all and I know in my heart that we can naturally conceive and carry to term without it. Weve done it before we can do it again.

In saying that though if this cycle doesnt work I'll be asking for a laproscopy and d&c or something....because really I'm the healthiest I've EVER been.

That HAS to count for something.

#628 zeldazonk

Posted 16 April 2019 - 08:56 AM

Oh Benny I am so sorry. I know how disappointing that must have been :(

It sounds like we are all having a tough time at the moment. This TTC thing is so hard. I would love to stop the IVF, but I do think with my age and miscarriages this is probably my best shot now. I do have days though where I question if I am doing the right thing. The stress, cost and physical impacts are huge.

I am scheduled for another FET next Wednesday and I am pretty nervous after what happened last time. I won't be testing early this time. My husband has to give me progesterone in oil shots from Friday, which are intramuscular injections and apparently awful.

We are going away at Easter which I hope will be a nice distraction.

#629 Pal30

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:32 PM

Good luck for next Wednesday Zelda...all going well Ill be right behind you. 1st blood test and scan tomorrow at 830.

#630 zeldazonk

Posted 16 April 2019 - 09:43 PM

Good luck for your scan Pal. When do you think you will do a EPU? Will they do it over Easter? If so we could be having transfers very close together.

#631 Pal30

Posted 17 April 2019 - 10:42 AM

So scan went well (we seem to have no dramas getting to this point lol!!)...

4-5 follicles that are the right size so trigger tonight and egg collection on Friday! Im a bit surprised, I thought I'd have another scan on Friday and egg collection Monday but thats ok I'll roll with it!!

So if we do egg collection Friday assume we would transfer Wed too!!

Edit- Fridays going to be an emotional day!! Its 12 months since our 1st mc  so seems fitting that egg collection will be that day 💔

Edited by Pal30, 18 April 2019 - 06:45 AM.

#632 GreyhoundLover

Posted 17 April 2019 - 09:47 PM

That's great Pal I'm so glad things are tracking well!! I will be thinking of you on Friday - that is very fitting is your EPU day, perhaps it is a sign :) I'm a firm believer in the numbers game - I think if we keep at it long enough we are sure to get our beautiful babies. I start my injections on Sunday morning - I am supposed the get bloods the day before but it is easter saturday?? Do you guys have to get bloods done before FSH injections start? I thought it was essential but then the IVF nurse implied it might not be necessary so I'm a bit unsure now.

We are away for Easter too which will make juggling the injections a bit difficult (lots of people around) but it will be nice to spend some time with friends.

#633 Pal30

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:48 AM

We are going away for Easter too, straight after egg collection.

Not sure how that will go, I was ok after last time but was still tender and needed panadol. Hoping the in laws can look after my kids a bit lol.

Nope i didnt have a test before injections but I'd say thats because Im only doing the Lite option.

Good luck!

#634 zeldazonk

Posted 18 April 2019 - 06:57 AM

I don't remember testing before my shots started either Greyhound.

So glad your scan went well Pal! I think it is a good sign we are both having transfers on the same day :) I am absolutely not testing this time. Just need to keep myself calm and distracted.

I understand your feelings about tomorrow. My last transfer was on the same day as my first D&C.

I am away for Easter too. I'm looking forward to it, although we start the PIO shots tomorrow and I have been told I could be quite sore. I also have to fly with my meds for the first time.

#635 Pal30

Posted 18 April 2019 - 12:46 PM

I wasnt going to test early but then if its the same as last cycle i think my blood test and results will be the same day as my daughters little birthday party.

So thinking I might need to know beforehand so Im ok at the party 🤔

Will see :)

#636 zeldazonk

Posted 18 April 2019 - 04:20 PM

I know I will have my blood test on Monday 5 May. They don't do the blood tests on the weekend.

It is such a personal decision. I know I just totally stressed myself out last time (and poor DH) and I really don't want to go through that again.

#637 Pal30

Posted 18 April 2019 - 07:36 PM

Yup completely fair enough 💖

#638 Pal30

Posted 19 April 2019 - 11:04 AM

Only 3 eggs collected today....kinda disappointed but just hoping that theres a strong little one in there 🤞

#639 GreyhoundLover

Posted 20 April 2019 - 12:11 AM

I hope you get great news re fertilisation over the next few days Pal xxx does your FS say how many eggs you should expect with IVF lite? Some people get 3 or 4 with full IVF so 3 on a lite cycle sounds pretty good

#640 Pal30

Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:24 PM

Yep 2-5 eggs is pretty standard with Lite Greyhound. The other two ladies that had collections got 2 and 3 too.
So got the call yesterday to say one egg was immature but the other two fertlised normally.
Now to wait 🤞🤞🤞

Edited by Pal30, 21 April 2019 - 04:24 PM.

#641 GreyhoundLover

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:10 PM

Oh fantastic Pal!! Two fertilised is wonderful :)

I'm on Day 2 of my FSH injections - it has been fine, I've felt ok - I don't know at what point of an IVF cycle you start to feel dodgy but so far so good...

#642 Pal30

Posted 23 April 2019 - 07:05 AM

I didn't really feel dodgy either time Greyhound 😍

Tmi but when I got closer to egg collection there was lots of fertile mucus the first time.

Glad youre feeling good.

Hows everyone else travelling?

#643 benny81

Posted 23 April 2019 - 09:41 AM

That’s good news that 2 eggs fertilised! When you do find out how they are going?  Or do you have to wait for your transfer appointment tomorrow?

Greyhound I felt totally fine until after the egg collection then I felt like total crap!!

Zelda I hope your managing all the mess alright tomorrow is grander day yeh?

Well I’m sitirng The the pathology collection place waiting tinhave my first lot of bloods done I’ve already been here for 40mins and there is still 4 people in front of me
Lucky I’ve got the day off today!!!

I’m pretty sure my dh is going to be away for my transfer which is going to be a bit weird

#644 zeldazonk

Posted 23 April 2019 - 02:28 PM

Pal is great news you have two fertilised eggs! I think that is a really good result for IVF lite. Some of the ladies in my FB IVF group don't get those results for full IVF.

I'm pleased you are feeling good Greyhound! My first stim cycle wasn't too bad, but the second one I felt so cranky and exhausted after about day 3. I guess it depends on the meds. When is your first scan?

Benny hope your bloods go well today! Are you having a scan today too? How are you feeling?

I have started to come down with a cold and sore sinuses today due to spending Easter with my two sick kids. They have said it won't affect my transfer, but obviously it doesn't help my stress levels!

Good luck for tomorrow Pal!

#645 Pal30

Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:33 PM

Thankyou Zelda :)

Hope you feel better soon...what time are you booked in? I need to be there at 745 💖🤞

#646 Pal30

Posted 23 April 2019 - 10:34 PM

I dont find out anything til tomorrow morning but no news is good news Benny.

#647 GreyhoundLover

Posted 23 April 2019 - 11:25 PM

Goodluck tomorrow Pal!!! I will be thinking of you xx

Next scan is Monday 29th. Im a bit excited. I start antagonist injections on Thursday.

#648 zeldazonk

Posted 24 April 2019 - 06:32 AM

That's an early start Pal! I need to be there at 10.15 am.

#649 Pal30

Posted 24 April 2019 - 09:20 AM

Transfer complete.

One "beautiful" embryo transferred so just hope my body accepts it :) come on strong little bubble 💖🤞

Good luck Zelda!

Same as last month one great one, one not so great so theyll let me know tomorrow if its ok to freeze but she doesnt like the chances.

Blood test will be mon 6th may so ill be at work :/

#650 benny81

Posted 24 April 2019 - 11:06 AM

Great news that your beautiful embryo is on board!! I have my fingers and toes crossed for you!! I hope the other one can make it to the freeZer and that you won’t need it anyone cause this one is the one

Zelda good luck today with your transfer!!  I just have bloods till they pinpoint ovulation and no scans . It’s a natural FET so I don’t know if that changes what they do. I have bloods again on Friday , they recon I’ll ovulated over the weekend so I’ll prob have bloods on Monday as well
I’m not feeling the greatest to be honest , I feel like it’s nevsr going to happen and I don’t know what we will do if this FET doesn’t work . One minute I’m thinking that we will do one more round then the next minute I’m thinking we should
Just stop at 2 kids . I’m trying not to think about it all cause I feel like a sad sack all the time , im trying to not worry about it till after this FET works/ doesn’t work , I’m feeling pretty tired of it all , my last MMC due date is in a couple of weeks so that is playing on my mind as well .

Greyhound - good luck with the injections !!
I hope there is lots of follicles on Monday!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.