Empy follical Syndrom is taking away my motherhood

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Hope4ever

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:07 PM

Hi everyone
I'm new member my english is not well so please consider this.

I am married for 13yrs with no successful pregnancy. I underwent 3 failed IVF cycles in two different contries, the result is the same no eggs at eggs collection. The the doctors don't have any explaination as to why this is happing. I am now 33 nearly 34, my period is regular and AMH was 24 at the time.
Is there any hope for me to be a mother one day or should I give up. It's against my beleive to go for egg donation.
please helpe and advise me I'm lost and don't know what to do.

#2 Gagingi

Posted 08 May 2015 - 08:59 PM

Dear Hope4ever

That sounds horrible and scary. What countries have you done IVF in? Have clinics passed on your records from your previous attempts, so that your doctors have all the information. Do you like/respect your doctor/clinic? Have they suggested further investigations (e.g. Laparoscopy)? There are some conditions like endometriosis that can effect egg production and in some cases if that is treated it can help, but not in all.

I had my first egg collection the other week and from 7 follicles had 4 eggs, but only one was mature and could be fertalised. I need to talk to my doctor more about my options too, but you are much younger than me.

I hope you get some better answers, Gagingi

#3 Hope4ever

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:30 AM

Dear Gagingi
Thanks for your reply. I've done 2 with Monash IVF in Melbourne and 1 in Eygpt. All same result except in one of the two they found one egg but it fertilise and that ib melbourne. Yes I've done Laparoscopy in Frankfurt Germany but that one was good too.
My doctor told me she does not have any explaintation from a medical point of view and that my case is mystery she can't solve.

#4 Hope4ever

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:33 AM

Sorry correction I mean't the one and only one egg it didn't fertilise (immature).

#5 Froyo

Posted 21 May 2015 - 08:51 AM

I'd be changing FS.

#6 Hope4ever

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:00 AM

I am seriously thinking about it. Thank you Froyo for reply.

#7 Silly Old Elf

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:04 AM

Yes, I'd find a new clinic and ensure your records are transferred. Good luck.

#8 Hope4ever

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:20 AM

Good to hear from you Silly Old Elf preiviously (Kitty -Cat)Yes?. So can you plese tell me which clinic did you switch to and how did you go. you gave me hope.

#9 Froyo

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:42 AM

You don't need to  change clinics. There's a FS at Monash Melbourne with the initials N.L who I'd be going to in your situation.

#10 Hope4ever

Posted 21 May 2015 - 06:42 PM

yes I've done a research on the FS at Monash and found him positive. I will give it ago and God knows maybe it works.

#11 Froyo

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:37 PM

He definitely thinks outside the box and will be willing to try different things.

#12 Froyo

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:38 PM

I'm curious, were you seeing BV?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.