Clomid & OI #120

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
197 replies to this topic

#26 maybebaby17

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:33 PM

I take clomid 2-6 and actually find that AF starts to lighten up as soon as i start taking it

#27 kentieness

Posted 04 June 2015 - 10:00 AM

Good luck with your blood test today, maybebaby!

#28 Guest_tia44_*

Posted 04 June 2015 - 03:23 PM

Thanks ladies, I'm on CD4 and af is basically gone! Usually it's 6 days! Must be the Clomid.

#29 stace_wa

Posted 04 June 2015 - 03:36 PM

Tia I had a really weird af last time too. I had to sit this cycle out due to timing of when I could see my FS and because my cycles are ridiculously irregular I chose to go on the pill so I could start my next round straight after my FS appointment (which is tomorrow. Can't wait to get on with it again lol). This last af finished after less than 3 days(!) with starting an active pill on cd2. FS said not to worry about it though /shrug
Do you normally start your clomid at the same cd? Has it affected af prior?

Edited by stace_wa, 04 June 2015 - 03:36 PM.

#30 Shiv7897

Posted 04 June 2015 - 03:57 PM

i find my AF on Clomid is virtually non existent (just spotting). having said that, i have had a proper AF for 9 months because of PCOS, so I'm not sure if that's why mine is less.

And even though I'm not ovulating and Clomid isn't working for me, I've noticed I get mild spotting like clockwork from Day 28/29. Does anyone know how Clomid affects your cycle if it doesn't cause ovulation?

Edited by Shiv7897, 04 June 2015 - 03:58 PM.

#31 Guest_tia44_*

Posted 04 June 2015 - 09:07 PM

Well this is only cycle #2 on Clomid, first cycle af wasn't affected obviously but this af is basically finished now, day 4 but was just spotting day 3!

Last cycle started CD5 and doc said to start this one the same.

Hopefully I have a good ovulation like I did first cycle Fx

#32 maybebaby17

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:27 PM

Good luck for this cycle Tia, short AF is not a bad thing haha!

Shiv... im not sure what clomid does if you dont o sorry.

Afm... blood test result came back with progesterone 77 so im very happy with that. I have everything crossed for a bfp this time but i feel like it would be too good to be true. FS said if i get a bfn/AF this cycle i can just continue on my own with clomid for a few months without scans/tests etc then go back later in the year if nothings happening. 5dpo today so wont be testing til next weekend.

Hope everybody has something nice planned for the long weekend!

Edited by maybebaby17, 05 June 2015 - 03:28 PM.

#33 Shiv7897

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:33 PM

good luck maybebaby, that's a great progesterone level.

im CD2, starting Clomid 150mg tonight.

#34 Guest_tia44_*

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:04 PM

Maybebaby that's great news!! Fx for that bfp!!

Shiv good luck with 150mg Fx

Afm I just started cycle #2 50mg this morning!! So Fx for me!!

Good luck everyone

#35 kentieness

Posted 05 June 2015 - 07:46 PM

Good luck, girls! Great results, maybebaby :)

I had my CD21 blood test today, I don't think my gyno gave me my results until my CD28 appointment last time. So waiting until next Friday for results, I think.

Looking forward to a 3 day weekend!

#36 Guest_tia44_*

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:39 PM

View Postkentieness, on 05 June 2015 - 07:46 PM, said:

Good luck, girls! Great results, maybebaby :)

I had my CD21 blood test today, I don't think my gyno gave me my results until my CD28 appointment last time. So waiting until next Friday for results, I think.

Looking forward to a 3 day weekend!

Try ringing in a couple days for results, my doc also said for me to call him 2wks after bloods but I called him 2 days after and he had results ?

Worth a try 😁

#37 stace_wa

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:38 PM

Well I've been given the all go to start another round once af comes when I finish off this tab of pills in a few days :-D
Letrezol for 5 days from day 3 :-) A nice positive FS appointment confirming last 2 cycles have been really good just not a bfp :-/ fx for this time hey? :-P
Kentiness, I normally get my bloods the next day from my FS nurses. The bloods don't normally take long so hopefully you can get them a bit sooner :-)

Good luck ladies for this round :-) fx and baby dust your way!

#38 Shiv7897

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:50 AM

You can also ask when you get the blood test done for a copy of the results to be sent to your house

#39 kentieness

Posted 06 June 2015 - 05:27 PM

Sorry, I should have explained that I don't mind waiting till my appointment for the results, haha :) Won't really make a difference finding out on Tuesday compared to finding out on Friday, anyway!

#40 Shiv7897

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:28 PM

Having a wallowing day today.  How's everyone else doing?

#41 Guest_tia44_*

Posted 07 June 2015 - 12:31 PM

CD7 for me and hot flushes are starting!! Yay!!

I'm eager just to get started, I'm going to try and not symptom spot this cycle! It's pointless anyways, I find I have all the preg symptoms anyways even though no bfp!

Hope everyone else is doing well 😊

#42 maybebaby17

Posted 07 June 2015 - 03:12 PM

Hi girls, sorry about the hot flushes Tia. I seemed to notice them a bit more this cycle too. CD7 already, that's gone quick (ish).

7dpo today and can't help my symptom spotting. Sore boobs started this morning and I'm having lower abdominal discomfort and gas. Since its only my second clomid cycle I can only compare my symptoms to last cycle wish was a bfp so of course I'm getting my hopes up thinking it will be another one. I think I'm going to be setting myself up for a let down but it feels good to be positive. We shall see what next weekend brings.

#43 kentieness

Posted 07 June 2015 - 04:15 PM

Hope you're okay, Shiv xx

I'm trying not to symptom spot as well, tia. I don't know exactly what day I ovulated, which I think helps. It also helps having lots of things going on. When we were TTC#1 I had nothing else going on and work was so boring, I used to sit there and think about it allllll day!

maybebaby - hope the next week goes quickly for you, so you can find out! Fingers crossed we'll both be pregnant next week :D

#44 Guest_tia44_*

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:04 PM

Hi ladies,

Quick question - I recieved my Preseed lubricant and was wondering how everyone uses it. They give your an applicator, do you have to use it like that? Or can you just use it externally? If you know what I mean?

Sorry may sound silly 😝

#45 maybebaby17

Posted 08 June 2015 - 01:57 PM

Hi Tia... I don't use pre-seed, I use Conceive Plus (which I guess is similar?) I purchased it in a tube so it is just for external use. But I know you can buy it with an applicator for internal use so I am assuming that is the case with the pre-seed?  I have never used it internally, and have gotten two bfps... I think its up to you if you want to use it externally or internally. Good luck!

#46 stace_wa

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:03 PM

So finished my last pill on Saturday morning and now waiting impatiently for af to start so I can start my next round of OI. It's still less of a wait than if I'd left my wayward body to its own devices,it could be weeks to wait not days. Patience is not my strength though lol I'm hoping we have some luck in the next 2 cycles though or our FS wants to move on to IUI. I've only had 2 OI cycles to date which I responded well to, I'm kind of surprised the FS wants to go on to IUI so soon. Is this usual to escalate so quickly? His suggestion was to start IUI this next cycle but due to the travel (350 km) to the clinic we opted for a few more cycles of OI. Fx this works.
Has anyone else had to go to IUI so soon? How many cycles of OI have you been on /recommended before other options are looked at?
I'm only 28 so I still thankfully have time on my side even if I am inpatient to have my family here already lol

#47 Shiv7897

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:41 PM

I'm not sure stace.  I know for me FS is talking about this cycle of Clomid (no 3) being the last before trying something else.  But that's because I'm not ovulating

#48 maybebaby17

Posted 08 June 2015 - 07:09 PM

Hi Stace... I am on my second cycle. I asked FS how long I should be on it for and he didn't seem overly concerned, he mentioned maybe another 3 or 4 months (5-6 months total) but mainly because he'll know I will be frustrated by then if nothings happening and will be keen to try something else. I think normal would be at least 3 months and maybe up to 6?

#49 stace_wa

Posted 08 June 2015 - 09:06 PM

Thanks Shiv and Maybe 😀 I really hope it happens in the next couple of cycles. IUI is going to be a pain in the proverbial with the distances but it's a worth it in the end.
Fx for the ladies testing this week :-)

#50 maybebaby17

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:38 PM

9dpo today... the week is starting to drag now. How are you going kentieness?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.