Ready Set Go Girls #252

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
361 replies to this topic

#26 pinki

Posted 01 June 2015 - 08:42 PM

Hey Ladies..
Wondering if I can join in on the fun:)
Had my first RE appointment after a long break. Looking like I will start IVF #2 at the end of the month. I'm excited but of course nervous and found this buddy group to be a life savor last go!

Wishing you all the best and happy to be a ready set go girl!!

#27 TCCC

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:05 PM

Welcome (back) pinki!

#28 pinki

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:29 PM

Thanks TCCC
I have been reading some back posts and see that you have had some scheduling issues.. It's awful when you try and plan and things never seem to happen like you though!

We to have MFI issues and need to do a fresh sample.
Already trying to count days and try and see when my husband can take time off of work.. Hate to have him take leave and it be the wrong days.. But we are doing ICSI again and they really want a fresh sample.. Least he can do right:)

Friday will be here soon and although timing isn't great you have come a long way already! Congrats to that!

#29 TCCC

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:49 PM

Totally agree - the least they can do! Haha.

Re getting time off, I've gone with the 'I'll be fine but have to have a brief girly procedure and they had to push me through to get it done sooner rather than later' or something like that. DH has used the same thing but that he needs to take me there/home/needs to stay with me after anaesthetic bit. Worked for the first one last year and should work this time but we'll see after that..

#30 pinki

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:06 PM

Hopefully this will be the last time for you or you guys may have to come up with some more creative excuses:)

Fingers crossed that you will get a BFP and some to bank for next time!

We used up our stock and have to go back for more. Hopefully this batch will be as good as the last but it's been over 3 years so only time will tell

#31 Animal Lover

Posted 01 June 2015 - 10:10 PM

Hi girls,

Welcome again Pinki, hope all goes well for round 2. I'm doing my 2nd cycle now too.

Kitty- well done on your EPU. 7 eggs is great.

Tracey- I'm glad you have a plan. And June has come so quick! I had a bad May so I'm glad to be in June!

AFM - I've had the worst week ever! Sunday last week AF arrived so failed cycle. Husband had to go to emergency and was in hospital for a few days last week. And my parents got burgled! So it's been kinda rough.

But I had my first scan today. Had my Elonva inj on Wednesday and it seems I've responded very well to it. Lots of follicles on U/S. Probably going to have EPU end of week sometime. I feel a lot better this cycle too. I've loved not having to inject myself everyday!

#32 TCCC

Posted 01 June 2015 - 11:26 PM

Animal - sounds like you've had a big week! Sorry to hear about your failed cycle but good luck with this one! We may be cycle buddies with my EPU booked for Friday. I can't even imagine having a cycle with no self-administered injections! Woo!

Thanks pinki, fingers crossed!

This is our second go at it too. Got three embies last time (but only two survived after thaw) so hoping for the same or better this time.

Good luck all!

#33 Tracey57

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:01 AM

Welcome Pinki :)

TCCC - best of luck for Friday !

Animal - sorry to hear about your week, sounds stressful. Fingers xxed for your EPU !

Take care everyone xx

#34 Christmascarol

Posted 02 June 2015 - 12:09 PM

Found you all!! Good luck everyone have my first IVF appt this Thursday.

#35 Kitty_M

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:49 PM

Welcome pinki!

We have 5 fertilised eggs! Hooray! Transfer booked for Saturday.

I'm very happy after being so nervous waiting for today's call...

#36 mrsJacko

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:52 PM

well done Kitty 5 is great :)

and welcome back pinki

Edited by mrsJacko, 02 June 2015 - 01:52 PM.

#37 pinki

Posted 02 June 2015 - 08:09 PM

kitty- 5 is a great number! Congrats. I remember calling all the time to check in and see how the progress was going. I also remember getting to see my embies before the transfer which was pretty cool especially since they were the ones that took!

Hello Christmas -and welcome to the group! Love the name btw-- hopefully we will all have our wishes come true before Christmas.. Wouldn't that be something!

Oh Animal that's quite a week. When it rains it pours but I do find when I'm stressed it at least gives me something else to think about besides my over active imagination of what's ifs in the IVF game! Wishing you lots of luck on Fridays EPU

TCCC do you guys know if you are doing a 3 or 5 day transfer? Assuming you are doing a fresh cycle? Guess it all depends on how it goes on Friday. It always just takes one good egg so they say:)

Mrs jaco- I see you gave 2 5 days on ice are you in between transfers?

Sounds like it's going to be a busy weekend with transfers and EPU here.. All good news

AFM- I guess I'm still in the honeymoon phase before all the hard work starts. I have my next RE appointment to look at my lining and get my lab results back. I turn 39 the next day so really hoping my eggs are not looking as old as I am. Saw lots of follies on U/S but you just never know!

#38 TCCC

Posted 02 June 2015 - 09:52 PM

Hi pinki, hoping for a fresh 5day transfer. I didn't get to do a fresh transfer last time due to OHSS so fingers crossed!

#39 pinki

Posted 02 June 2015 - 11:07 PM

OHSS doesn't sound fun but at least you are a good responder to the meds!

A five day would be awesome and some extras to freeze!
Will make the 2ww go quicker!  

Will be thinking of ya and Friday is almost here! Rather exciting.

And EPU seems so far off for me but I know once the cycle starts it seems to go fast.

#40 DarkChyldeKat

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:27 AM

Hiya Ladies.

Good to see ya all traveling ok..Some ups some downs but all part of our journey I spose.

AFM we are out this month had a couple of family passing in the last week so we have to travel interstate and my car croaked it so we are going to be holding off for a month or two :(

anyways keep smiling you beautiful strong women xx

#41 mrsJacko

Posted 03 June 2015 - 09:09 AM

Hi Pinki, I had a fresh 5DT on Saturday so I am now 4DP5DT and officially in the TWW and I have two frozen 5day blasts too so all pretty good for my first cycle :)

my beta is next Wednesday at 11DP5DT.

have you started your cycle yet?

So sorry about your loss DCK, I hope you can take some much needed time out before you start again in a month or two.
Even if you are holding off for a little while feel free to drop in and say hi and chat to us. stay strong xx

#42 Kitty_M

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:10 PM

Good luck for Friday TCCC (and Saturday) when you get the results...

Sorry to hear about your loss DCK. Sometimes it feels like difficult times all come at once. Have a restful month off.

Pinki I hope we get to see ours too - that's amazing!

AFM - welcome to the world of pessaries. blergh!

#43 Vanilla_bean

Posted 03 June 2015 - 05:40 PM

I just need to vent... I'm so sick of waiting. My next FS appointment is the 25th June. I have no idea what my cycle is going to do after the CP and I could very well have AF by then which means I'll have to wait another month to start again, the thought of that happening just makes me sick. We signed our ivf paperwork in January and I have had one transfer since then. Maybe my expectations were unrealistic but I feel like the process is painfully slow. I just hope that next time I get to do a fresh transfer. I can understand the first time round is a bit of a test run but if the same thing happens again I'll go crazy. I'm wondering if they will just adjust the doses and try another antagonist or opt for the down reg? Anyone else had their protocol changed second time round?

#44 TCCC

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:37 PM

DCk, sorry to hear this month wasn't the one, and that you have to take a break.

MrsJ, how are you going? Are you going to POAS before Wed?

Kitty, thanks and hope your appointment goes well tomorrow.

Vanilla, sorry to hear you don't have an appt sooner than that. I know they're busy, but I don't think I could wait that long. I know what you mean about being slow though. I had my first FS appt in aug last year, lots of tests and appts followed, but we didn't get to our first EPU until early dec. No transfer then and only managed two FETs since then. It's June for god's sake!!

On the change in protocol, I actually don't like when ppl think about the first one as a 'test'. I know it kinda is, but it's a bloody expensive one! i dont know why it anniys me so much lol. This cycle was changed a bit for me based on the first cycle, so if I referred to the first cycle as a 'test' then I guess you could say this one sorta is too. My first cycle I was on 150 gonal f then dropped to 100 in last two days. I was also on cetrotide and then my trigger was ovidrel. LP meds were meant to be just crinone but I didn't get that far (OHSS). This cycle, I was on 100 gonal f which was dropped to 75 in last two days. Instead of cetrotide I was on orgalutran, and for my trigger this time I'm on Lucrin. For LP, I'm on crinone and some other tablet that I can't remember the name of. Oh the joys!

AFM, trigger tonight and EPU at 7.30am Fri. Fingers are crossed for a fresh 5dt and at least a couple of frozens.

#45 Kitty_M

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:34 PM

Vanilla I can empathize with the wait. In Victoria, along with all the waiting and testing you have to apply for a police clearance. It's ridiculous. Talk about kicking people when they are down. That takes ages - Then you have to do a child protection check...

Your wait seems excessive though. I would call them back, tell them your concerns about missing a cycle and see what they can do. Ask to go on a cancellation list maybe?

I'm a big believer in agitating for better outcomes.

Ask and (maybe) you shall receive. Worth a shot.

Best of luck love x

Edited by Kitty_M, 03 June 2015 - 07:35 PM.

#46 mrsJacko

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:29 PM

Vanilla are you using a clinic or just a FS?
luckily I had all my GP run all the scans before I went to my FS
The only delay I ever had then was waiting 2 months for my police check to come in and now I can call or see any nurse at my clinic 7 days a week and my FS can see me any week.
I think it's really poor that you have to wait so long to see your FS, can you change? you may be able to get some recs on here?

TCCC, good luck with your EPU,

I was thinking of testing Monday which will be 9DP5DT. DH isn't happy with me testing at all but the ovidril will well and truly be out of my system by then and it should be late enough to show a pos if there is one?

#47 Vanilla_bean

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:44 PM

TCCC - I know what you mean. I guess it will always feel like a test until they get it right. I'll have my fingers crossed for you. A fresh transfer and a couple of frozen sounds like the ultimate dream run to me. I'd be over the moon if I got that. I hope you get there.

Kitty - I am on their cancellation list and rang again today. Nothing for this week and nothing so far for next week but they did ask me to call back Tuesday. I didn't tell them my concerns about missing a cycle but now that you've said that I think I will it just might do the trick. Sometimes I feel like the receptionists know as much about me as the doctor. It's weird and I don't like it but they're the gate keepers so I don't have much choice. I'm in NSW so didn't have to jump through the police clearance hoops and thankfully we only decided to do IVF after all the testing was done so it didn't feel like that was delaying the start of my treatment. I was one of those people who said I wouldn't do IVF and that if I found out I couldn't have kids if just accept my fate and get on with my life. Haha goes to show you can never say for sure what you'd do until you're in that situation. Now here I am desperate to start my treatment again.

#48 Shaynavyre

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:14 PM

View PostVanilla_bean, on 03 June 2015 - 05:40 PM, said:

I just need to vent... I'm so sick of waiting. My next FS appointment is the 25th June. I have no idea what my cycle is going to do after the CP and I could very well have AF by then which means I'll have to wait another month to start again, the thought of that happening just makes me sick. We signed our ivf paperwork in January and I have had one transfer since then. Maybe my expectations were unrealistic but I feel like the process is painfully slow. I just hope that next time I get to do a fresh transfer. I can understand the first time round is a bit of a test run but if the same thing happens again I'll go crazy. I'm wondering if they will just adjust the doses and try another antagonist or opt for the down reg? Anyone else had their protocol changed second time round?

Vanilla, I'm so sorry - the down time is really the worst. I think that's why this most recent fresh failure hit me so much - there was no horse to get back on - the mandatory month off saw to that.

For me, my first appointment was in MARCH last year, and my first stim cycle wasn't until September / October. I had a few hoops to jump through with the cancer stuff, and then when I thought we were starting (August) I lost that month because they wanted to do a practice transfer (trial cannulation) mid-cycle, just to make sure they could get in past the scar tissue. (That really sucked, probably because there wasn't an emby going in it seemed to be the worst).

I'm driving up to Sydney tomorrow to try and get me through the last bit of the insanity that is NOT cycling.

People ask ow I keep going with failed cycle after failed cycle - and it's just what you do - it's stopping that's the hard part!)

Kitty - Great result, best wishes for your transfer on Saturday.

TCCC - Hope the Lucrin keeps the OHSS away, and you get a smaller haul of better eggs this time!

DCK - I'm so sorry for your loss - as well as the massive inconvenience of your car. Hope you have a nice break not thinking about this too much!

Welcome Back Pinki !

AFM - Two more bloods to go before AF arrives - then a week without them before we start up again for the next FET - my vein can recuperate! I'm very interested to see what my progesterone is doing naturally, and we gave au naturale TTC a red hot crack this month too. Picked up my Pregnyl today and as a nurse I find it ludicrous that there are glass ampoules of saline to mix it with. Surely the clinic slipping me plastic 10ml Normal Saline that are 10C each would be a much cheaper and more effective way of organising it, especially as the box doesnt come with any needles or syringes so the clinic has to give me those!

I just remember when I was a grad nurse - the old fruesemide and fentanyl brown ampoules were killers, I couldnt get them to snap off without shattering the glass into my thumb - tiny fragments that are so hard to get out, I think there is still a piece. The fentanyl didn't hurt after about 5 minutes :) but the fruesemide, so much pain, and I had to pee like every 5 minutes for the next two hours!

#49 pinki

Posted 03 June 2015 - 11:34 PM

Hey Ladies-

Jaco - best wishes in this 2WW. Hold out as long as you can to POAS. It's hard but those tests can be very sensitive and it's hard to know if the meds are out of the system or not. i have a love hate relationship with those darn things..

Vanilla- that does seem like a long time and I agree that letting them know about having to miss a cycle may be the key to getting an appointment. I can also say that if you have a certain RE you have been working with ask to talk to his/ her nurse and see if they can't pass a msg along to the doctor. Sometimes the girls at the desk are just following protocol and don't know all the details.

Shay- enjoy the drive tomorrow. I love a good road trip! Always works wonders for me to clear my head. I also loved the ampule story! Too funny. I'm a nurse also. We used to use a rubber nipple to break open the ampules.. Of course nobody tells you that the first go.. I almost passed out one super busy ED shift. Got really light headed and put it down to not eating till I checked my pocket for a pen and realized I had left an open packet of nitro paste there that had soaked trough my top! Didn't make that mistake again :)

TCCC- happy triggering tonight:) I rewarded myself with a nice glass of wine last time. Am lucky that my RE doesn't have any issues with that

Kitty- those things are a mess! time to break out the granny panties :)

AFM- I just wanted to say thank you ladies for welcoming me back and for all the support now and yet to come. Means a lot. I'm currently living overseas and DH and I are the only ones that know ( besides you ladies and my RE) that we are and have done IVF. Just a personal choice we have made and it's really hard to take it all in stride when you don't have anyone to confide in. So again thanks

#50 Tracey57

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:37 AM

Morning ladies :)

Kitty - urgh pessaries, sooo gross :(

Vanilla - I agree totally, the waiting around seems to be neverending. Totally does your head in, especially when well meaning friends tell you "the wait will be good for you" argh! Cant they understand that you just want to get on with it and start your family... (sorry vent over)

TCCC - I thought the exact same thing - bloody expensive test thats for sure! I have handed out thousands for this dream, and can only hope it pays off.  Good luck for Fridays EPU xx

Pinki - Yes, everyone on here is great and welcoming not to mention a fantastic support for those of us that have very little in the way of family or friends around (or that know what we are doing).  I just wished I'd found it a bit sooner as I was almost through my first scary cycle before I stumbled on the forums.

AFM - well its Thursday, one more day down and still waiting for AF to arrive (waiting again - constant theme here!).  I'm starting on Ethinyl Oestradoil tabs as soon as AF gets here but the nurse said that can make you feel sick and to take them at night.  Anyone else been on these? Side effects??

Take care everyone xx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.