Ready Set Go Girls #253

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

#1 ~Mintie~

Posted 30 June 2015 - 09:56 PM

New thread time ladies. Here's the link to your old thread.

Cheers,
~Mintie~

#2 BabyGame

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:10 PM

Gold!

#3 makingmirrors

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:12 PM

Silver?

I haven't posted for a while (since IVF #6 in March that was unsuccessful).

We did cycle 7 and I had my blood test yesterday...and it was positive!  We're still in shock..especially as I write this as we didn't think we were ever going to get there.  

We had 2 cycles with transfers and 1 FET, and then 3 cycles with no transfers which got me close to breaking point. Then two cycles with transfers including this (thus far) successful one.

As I often searched these boards for what might help, thought I would let you know the differences for the last two cycles - which are the most successful numbers wise.

We started acupuncture this year (for both cycle 6 & 7), I was taking circadin in the lead up to cycle 7 and transfer, and was given this from a counsellor http://seleni.org/ad...ing-infertility which I found great to read (hope that's ok mods).  Also, I was on the lowest dose of Gonal F I've ever used (under half previous dosage) as I'd read into "natural ivf" in the UK.  

Fingers are crossed for you all.  

mm

#4 Gagingi

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:22 PM

Congratulations Makng Mirrors! I don't know about silver - it sounds like you've got platinum with a BFP.

#5 Vanilla_bean

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:17 AM

Makingmirrors - congratulations!!! What a journey you've had. Wishing you a smooth and happy pregnancy. I haven't heard of natural IVF. Thanks for sharing I'll definitely be looking into that a bit more.

Gagingi - wow that's such a massive weight gain for one day were you in a lot of pain? I have been weighing myself and haven't gained anything and this morning the feeling isn't as intense so maybe it was just from the water. This cycle I'm on 175 units of puregon last time it was 150.

My spell check wants to change puregon into pure gin hahaha.

THESMD - my blood test is Monday and ultrasound Wednesday.

#6 Elsee

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:47 AM

Making mirrors, congratulations and thanks for sharing. It's always nice to be given some hope through success stories, and I know that I definitely wade through tonnes of information online looking for something different to try after an unsuccessful cycle - so thanks. Good luck with everything from here.

Vanilla, you could be onto a breakthrough new treatment with pure gin there. Haha. :) Good to hear you are feeling a little better today.

#7 Christmascarol

Posted 01 July 2015 - 02:00 PM

Making mirrors thanks for sharing xo

#8 TCCC

Posted 01 July 2015 - 03:37 PM

Oh here you all are!!

Making Mirrors, congratulations! How far along are you? How has everything been so far? You certainly have been through a lot! Really happy for you!

#9 pinki

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:06 PM

Congrats making mirrors!! Wonderful news! Going to look into natural IVF.. Sounds interesting

Vanilla- pure gin sounds perfect to me!

Hope everyone is traveling well.. Looking forward to seeing so BFP this month ladies xxx

DH is being really sweet to me as I'm having to sit this month out due to him being away.. Looks like I may be joining him on his business trip.. Think a few days away will do me some good!

#10 Elsee

Posted 02 July 2015 - 03:18 PM

THESMD, did you get an update on your embryos today? Hope all is going well.

#11 Animal Lover

Posted 02 July 2015 - 04:18 PM

I've had my embryo transfer today so I'm in the 2ww.
Hopefully I'll reach blood test time, last cycle AF arrived about a week after transfer.

Mm- that's a great result. I'm sure you're thrilled! I'll be looking at your link and reading up on natural IVF.

Vanilla - I dont even like gin, but now that I can't have it I want it! Ha! I think I felt a little fuller a few days after I started my first cycle but then I thought maybe I was just imagining it! Who knows we notice every little twinge or cramp when doing IVF but they can mean so many things or nothing at all!

#12 THESMD

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:29 PM

Making Mirrors - Congratulations on your BFP..

Vanilla - are you still feeling bloated and heavy? I asked for an earlier ultrasound this cycle because my ovaries felt super heavy and I didn't want to leave it another two days. Maybe you could do the same??

Animal - congrats on the transfer... I never make it to BT time either.. and AF arrives normally about 3 days before BT.. Fingers crossed this is the one.

AFM - I received my day 3 update this morning.  Of the 8 fertilised embies, 5 of them are on track (that is, they are between 6 and 10 cells), 1 is at 5 cells, 1 at 4 cells and 1 at 1 cell.. (that one will obviously be discarded.)

My aim was to have 6 on track, but still happy with that.. thing is, my embies always look pretty good and on track at day 3... it's from here on in that things turn to %$&@....  So, I'm preparing for that.. and hoping to god i'm wrong!!

#13 Animal Lover

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:27 PM

Thanks thesmd. Good luck with your embies. It's sounds like they are doing well so far.

Just a quick question. Has anybody had mild cramping after their transfer? It's not terrible but it's definitely there and I feel nauseas too, but that could be from a rich lunch (!)
There was also a tiny bit of blood on the toilet paper after wiping (sorry if tmi!)
I'm not alarmed just wondering if others have had this?
Thanks guys :)

#14 Elsee

Posted 02 July 2015 - 06:45 PM

THESMD, 5 on track is great. I understand your worry about them from here on, but hopefully there are all strong little ones! Good luck for Saturday.

Animal, congratulations on your transfer. I'm the same too - AF always starts about a week after transfer. This time, that week is up on Saturday and I'm starting to get nervous about what I'll find each time I go to the toilet....I haven't had bleeding post transfer but I would imagine that a small amount of blood is perfectly normal given the amount of prodding and poking that has gone on down there. If you are worried though, maybe give your nurses a call just to put your mind at ease. Good luck with your wait.

#15 makingmirrors

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:46 PM

Thanks everyone :) .  We're only a 5 weeks tomorrow, but I tested again today with those clear blue ones and the weeks are increasing which is good.  Scan is Monday week.  Neither of us really believe it yet, and fingers are crossed for the next 8 months.

I realised that I missed a detail about this cycle which might help, I had a uterine scratch which ended up being 2 days before my cycle started to assist sticking.  I'd done it in a previous cycle too but never made it to transfer for that one but I think it's what sealed the deal this time.    

Good luck Animal Lover and all others with the 2ww, good luck THESMD with your transfer too and everyone else, may your stay be short and sweet.

mm

#16 Vanilla_bean

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:26 AM

Animal Lover - I had a bit of spotting the day after my transfer. I had cramping too but that wasn't till later in the TWW.

I'm feeling back to normal now. I don't know why things felt so weird on day 2 but it really only lasted that day.

Happy Friday everyone!

#17 Tracey57

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:47 AM

THESMD - great news, 5 embys on track is awesome! :) FX they continue  xx

Animal - yes I had a few cramps after my FET (but wasnt surprised after how painful it was) and a bit of a full feeling that went away by the next day.

MM - congrats on your BFP :)

xox

#18 Axelle

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:33 PM

Hi ladies sorry for going MIA! I have been really unwell with OHSS still, went downhill after my last post and it turned severe last Friday, wasn't able to eat, drink, stand or breathe basically (my ovaries are over 16mm each and I've put on 12 kilos) so was admitted to hospital and had a couple of albumin transfusions and was on the drip. Was let home on Sunday but am back in again now with a partially collapsed lung that's full of fluid, and my belly is still huge!! This thing just does not want to go away! Have never been so sick. Hopefully things will turn a corner soon....

Elsee - Fingers crossed AF doesn't turn up at all! Have been thinking off you!

How are you travelling Gagingi?

THESMD -  great numbers for your embies, well done! When is transfer?

Glad your feeling better Vanilla, hope it means the meds are working perfectly!

Congrats making mirrors!! That's so exciting!

I hope everyone else is travelling along ok xx

#19 Gagingi

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:25 PM

Oh Axelle, you poor thing. That sounds horrible and pretty scary I imagine. I hope the hospital is being supportive and helpful? This would be do stressful for you and your loved ones. I hope you start to recover soon and stay recovered. Lots of hugs.

AFM - I'm okay. Some mild cramping. It's too early for AF, so I think it's from Crinone (I think I had similar last BFN cycle). I want to POAS, but too early, so I'll try to resist.

#20 TCCC

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:43 PM

I know exactly how you feel Axelle. It will take several weeks until you are a normal size again and a bit longer until you feel normal again. Fingers crossed you turn that corner sooner rather than later!

#21 Animal Lover

Posted 03 July 2015 - 08:46 PM

Axelle- that sounds terrible! I hope you start to deflate soon! I know the feeling of a big bloated belly but obviously nothing near what you're going through. I hope the hospital is treating you well and you recover soon.
Elsee I hope tomorrow is free from spotting!
Gagingi I hope the mild cramping is a good sign and not just the crinone.
AFM I feel a lot better this morning. No cramping or blood. But the 2 pessaries morning and night are just gross. That oily feeling 'down there' makes me gag!
Hope everyone is feeling ok and positive!

#22 Elsee

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:23 PM

Axelle, OMG! That sounds horrible and really scary. I hope the hospital is looking after you and you get better really soon. hugs through cyber space. x

Animal, glad you are feeling better.

THESMD, good luck tomorrow!

I have had a really tiny bit of brown spotting today. I'm not sure whether to think the worst or not. I mean really, 6dp5dt, surely it's too early for AF, but I think it is also too late for implantation and I definitely feel like AF is coming on. See what tomorrow brings I guess but my hopes aren't high. :(

#23 Gagingi

Posted 03 July 2015 - 11:40 PM

THESMD - I hope your emboss are travelling well and that you are showered in baby dust at ET.

Elsee - I was reading that implantation can occur between 6-12 days, though 12 is obviously a bit later than the average. Fingers crossed for you. I know it's a horrible feeling when you fear a cycle is failing. Thinking of you.

AFM - I'm still holding out against POAS, as last cycle AF showed up day before BT. I didn't go ahead with BT, but will this time regardless - to check progesterone etc. Unless I've developed some weird blood testing fetish and am suffering withdrawal after all the cycle testing. :huh:

#24 Elsee

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:36 AM

THESMD, how did transfer go? I have been thinking of you.

#25 THESMD

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:47 PM

Axelle - gosh! That sounds horrendous and seriously scary. Rest up and look after yourself.

Elsee - thanks for the check-in. How are you going?  Any more spotting?

It's been a bit of a roller coaster today. We transferred the best embie we've ever produced yesterday,  it was an expanded blast and was graded a 1,1 - textbook I'm told! Really happy and hopeful about that.

As of yesterday morning out of the other 4 that were on track on Wednesday, 3 were blasts (one graded 2,3 one 3,3 and the other one was an early blast and couldn't be graded.) The fourth was a compacting morula. Our embies have never been far enough along to grade so we were pretty excited about that.

Today the Embryologist called to say we have nothing to freeze! So surprised by this.. we were told that they needed to be graded at least a 2,2 to make it through to freeze.. having so many blasts, and graded blasts at that!  really disappointed that no even one made it.

Hopefully it doesn't matter...

So... I've joined the 2WW!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.