• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

#51 TCCC

Posted 12 July 2015 - 09:53 AM

Thanks all.

Good luck to those of you in the 2ww!

#52 pinki

Posted 12 July 2015 - 01:01 PM

Sorry to hear this animal :( take care of yourself..
Do let us know if the BT shows anything.. Still hoping you have + hcg level that the stick couldn't register

#53 Tracey57

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:30 AM

Vanilla - all the best for transfer on Wed xo

AFM - waiting for AF to show up so I can start over again with my next FET cycle, hopefully with a more "positive" outcome than last time ! :)

Have a good week ladies xo

#54 TCCC

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:21 PM

We might be cycle buddies Tracey!

#55 Animal Lover

Posted 13 July 2015 - 09:08 PM

Thanks Pinki. Got my bloods back this evening and a BFN :(
Waiting for AF. Only positive is I can stop the pessaries for a couple of weeks.
My commiserations to everyone who had failed cycles/transfers this month.
Looking forward to many BFP next month.
And fingers crossed for everyone still cycling and in the 2ww.
We need some success stories dammit! ;)

#56 Vanilla_bean

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:02 AM

So sorry Animal take care.

So many BFNs in the last week. It's heartbreaking.

Big hugs to everyone.

#57 THESMD

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:29 AM

Good luck for tomorrow Vanilla.  I hope it all goes well.

#58 Elsee

Posted 14 July 2015 - 03:57 PM

So sorry Animal. It's a horrible time getting those results after all the hard work and hope. Thinking of you. xx

#59 TCCC

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:41 PM

Sorry to hear of your BFN Animal. Fingers crossed next one is THE ONE!!

#60 Vanilla_bean

Posted 14 July 2015 - 06:43 PM

Thanks THESMD.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I got a message from the clinic yesterday saying they were growing well so that's promising. Last time only one of my three made it to day 5 so I'm not expecting all three to survive so fingers crossed there is at least one.

#61 Shaynavyre

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:37 PM

*** Waves Hello***

Just stickying this post so I can pop in and do personals later on today once I've caught up on where everyone is at!

11dp5dt here.... Still 5 whole days till stupid blood test. Here I was thinking that by having a d5 transfer instead of d3 my 2WW would be shorter. Instead I get a three week wait.

Ducking off to the shops for a less sensitive batch of pregnancy tests, as I've stupidly tested out my hcg boosters with FRERs - and the line has never gone away!

Cant wait to catch up with you all!

#62 waiteduntilnow

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:11 PM

Vanilla - how did you go?

Shay - good luck for this one - it is so your turn!

Animal - so sorry!  I hope the next one works for you.  I hate the BFN makes me so sad...

More personals later as I am running around on my first day back at work.

AFM - we have been away for 3 weeks - had the D & C done before I left and it seemed to do the trick.  Am now in the waiting game for the next cycle although having been away and not worrying about it has been nice.  I did get back to a letter from Medicare saying they weren't paying for my last FET as there was some issue with a short cycle time so it was back to reality quickly as I had to sort that.  Luckily my clinc were excellent and sorted it today.

I guess the merry go round starts again soon!

#63 Shaynavyre

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:18 PM

So - the hunt for less sensitive tests has taken the hope away - used a Clear Blue digital as I know they're like 40miu whereas FRERs can see 10.

It took the full three minutes to give me the "not Pregnant" reading - but it's pretty definitive to see it in words like that. I will still come back and do personals - but as 11dp5dt I think it's time for some Wine to start my three month break from TTC!

#64 TCCC

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:37 PM

Vanilla, how did you go today?

Shay, welcome back! Maybe the three full mins means the test didn't work properly? Or something? Don't hit the wine yet, you never know! Ps-that's a very long time to wait for BT! Crikey! I'm surprised you're still sane!

#65 Vanilla_bean

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:15 PM

Welcome back Waited glad to hear you had a good holiday.

Shay - is there still a sliver of hope? Can you bring your blood test forward at all? It just seems mean to make you wait that long.

My transfer went well today. Last time  it felt quite rushed but maybe that was because it was my first go and I was nervous. This time they talked to me for ages about the embryos and pointed things out on the monitor which was really nice. They didn't use an ultrasound this time so I didn't get to see them go in. I asked the doctor about this and she said she only uses the ultrasound if she needs clarification that the catheter is in the right spot but this time it was much easier so it wasn't necessary.
I had two transferred or as they call it one plus one. This was offered to me because I had one A grade embryo and one C grade embryo the third one survived to day 5 but was in poor form. The C grade wasn't suitable for freezing so they discussed the option of transferring it with the A grade. The chances of it attaching are slim but possible. I just couldn't bring myself to say no and not give it a chance.

#66 Elsee

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:53 PM

Good luck Vanilla. Fingers crossed for you!

#67 Tracey57

Posted 16 July 2015 - 08:42 AM

Good luck with your 2WW Vanilla :) xo

Shay - I'm so sorry, but I would still wait for the BT just in case. Thinking of you xo

Welcome back Waited, glad you had a nice break away (I would kill for a holiday about now!) :)

AFM - AF arrived a couple of days ago, so scan is booked for 23rd and possible transfer day around 30th/31st I think.

Animal - I think we may be cycling together this time around. Everything is crossed for us to have a BFP too !!  xo

#68 BabyGame

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:03 PM

Vanilla Bean- congrats on the transfer! Hope this is the one for you or maybe two...

AFM- AF arrived yesterday so had my FS appt today. He has increased my Gonal F to 200 and started me on metformin this cycle, hoping it will even things out. Has anyone been on this or is on it? Any bad side effects? Also had a blood test and will get some more done in a few days time to check levels. I think he is monitoring everything very closely this time somewhat hopefully we will get to egg pick up this time 3rd time lucky! He even wanted to do an internal US today too even though Im bleeding to check the ovaries, first time that's happened usually only have external US when I'm bleeding, I guess internal is more accurate. Still had some follicles there from last cycle he said they should go away soon. Here's hoping 3rd times the charm!

#69 waiteduntilnow

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:46 PM

BabyGame - good luck I do hope that it is 3rd times a charm.

Shay - hold on to the sliver of hope - you just never know! Crossing everything for you!

AFM - AF has started today so it is back on the merry-go-round.  Waiting to hear what kind of protocol we are going to do but I expect a unmedicated FET.  I am about to book accupuncture and everything else in to go with it.  I expect first bloods will be late next week.

#70 Vanilla_bean

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:00 AM

BabyGame - best of luck I really hope you get to egg pick up this time. I've never used Metformin so I'm no help there. Geez an internal while bleeding is a bit much.

Animal, Tracey and Waited - good luck to you all too. So many FETs this month. How many do you all have in the freezer?

#71 Primadonna girl

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:46 PM

Hi all!

It's been a couple of months that I left this group but i'm back after having a miscarriage 5 weeks ago. FS says you're more fertile the 2 months after, so here I am gearing up for my next cycle in about a week when AF should arrive going by my bloods.

I asked to lower my dose to try and get better quality eggs this time. I have low amh so he only decreased by 50ui, but hopefully it's enough. Anyone have good results decreasing the dose? I always get 5 eggs at EPU and only 1 good enough to transfer, no frosties. I'm hoping that even if I get less eggs, they'll be better quality.

Shay- so sorry it didn't work out for you.

Animal, Tracey And Waited- good luck for your cycles.

Vanilla- hope the 2ww goes quickly for you.

Baby game- hope you get to EPU and have some good ones there.

The joys of ivf...(sigh)...here we go again.

#72 Animal Lover

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:24 PM

Baby game - I'm on metformin 3 times a day. I found when I first started out (which was years ago) that if you don't have them with enough food you can get diarrhea and a sore tummy. I sometimes if I have too many carbs with my meal I get diarrhea. But usually it's fine. I was at first on 2x daily and This year my FS changed it to 3 x daily. I think that's what has helpede lose a couple of kgs and keep it off because I haven't done anything else to lose any weight.

Tracey - yeah cycle buddy's! I really hope we both have positive outcomes. I've had a really low day today. I just can't seem to stop feeling sorry for myself. I'm having a massive pity party and just can't shake it. I hate being this sad-sack person sometimes!

Vanilla - I have three frosties left. 2 day 5 and one was frozen on day 6, which is weird.

Primma - so sorry about your m/c. How are you doing? I hope you're feeling positive about this next cycle. Fx for you.

#73 pinki

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:31 PM

Welcome Prima-

Sorry to hear about your MC.. Just not fair is it.. Really hoping this is a short stay for you.

Babygame- thinking of you and FX all goes well and you will get to EPU and have some lovely embies this cycle! Way to hang in there!!

Shay- sorry this wasn't your month.. Enjoy the break and have some wine..

Animal Waited and Tracey-- yes best wishes on the FET!! Fingers crossed for you all.. We need some BFP here to keep the spirits up!

Who else is waiting to cycle?? I'm guessing I will start at the end of the month.. Praying DH will be in town for EPU.. Not wanting to have to sit another cycle out!!

#74 TCCC

Posted 17 July 2015 - 08:37 PM

Prima, sorry to hear of your miscarriage. I hope this next round is successful for you! I just wanted to say that we lowered my dose for our second cycle (mostly to try and avoid OHSS more than anything else). My first cycle had 30 eggs, ended up with three 5d embryos and two transfers (one failed to thaw). The second cycle - with lower dose and lucrin trigger (main reason for lower numbers) - we got 7 eggs, ended up with two 5d embryos and yet to have a transfer (fresh was cancelled). I'm not sure how much was due to lower dose and how much the lucrin trigger, but the % of those that were better quality were definitely higher the second time. Hope that made sense!

#75 mrsJacko

Posted 20 July 2015 - 11:49 AM

Hi Ladies, I just wanted to pop in and see how everyone is travelling.
Animal, sorry your last cycle was a bust. Are they looing to try anything different the next time around?

Vanilla Bean, glad to hear you had 3 eggs fertilized and 2 transfers how are you going in your TWW?

TCCC I’m glad you are out of hospital and feeling better,

Tracey good luck with your new cycle.

Waited I’m glad you had a nice break and you must be relieved to sort that issue with medicare! Good luck with your new cycle.

Shay you have your blood test today right? How have you been? Any spotting until now? My fingers are crossed for you!
I hope you didn’t hit the wine yet, just in case… you can still have a late implanter.

Babygame I hope your 3rd times a charm comes true J

Primadonna good on you for taking an active approach in looking at your meds and cycles, I really hope it pays off for you hun xx

AFM, What I have learnt is that there is no point in symptom spotting, they might not be any, there might be AF symptoms or there might be pregnancy symptoms due to the drugs we are one. NONE of it matters. NONE of it means anything.
Also don’t take the Dr’s words as gospel, unfortunately the nurses at the clinics are not always that knowledgeable so don’t be afraid to get a second opinion.

Most of you know how my story started but I thought I’d update you all to give you a little bit of hope and just incase anyone has a similar situation you may not need to freak out as much as I have.

On 8DP5DT I started bleeding. Heavy. I assumed my period. I called my clinic and they told me to come in that day for a blood test even though my bloods weren’t for another few days.
That evening I had a call saying I had REALLY low HCG and because I am bleeding it means I was pregnant but I had a miscarriage.

I went in two days later to make sure my HCG decreased, I was still bleeding. My HCG increased so I was told that I likely have an ectopic pregnancy.

I went in two days later and my bleeding had stopped, my HCG increased again. We didn’t know what to think.
The following week my HCG rose as per normal. Then that

Friday I had a bleed again and went to my hospital, they took my HCG and it was still rising normally so they booked me into their early pregnancy clinic for a scan.
my scan showed no ectopic but a sac only, very stressful. We thought I could have a blighted ovum.

I had another bleed a few days later and went back to the hospital, we saw a sac and a tiny spot, not very reassuring.
One week later I had a MASSIVE bleed and passed two big clots and my cervix opened, it was pretty traumatic, I had a scan and we saw a sac and a fetus and a really low HB, I was also measuring a week behind my IVF dates. Things did not look good.

One week later I had grown and had a stronger HB.
2 weeks later I was still measuring behind but had grown 2 weeks worth and had a strong HB.
Today I should be 10weeks by IVF but I am 9+3 by measurements.

I have another scan this Friday and my NIPT blood tests.

This has been a very trying time but I am still here, I think I have a fighter.
Below are my stats at dates in case it helps any of you
1ct HCG 4wk0d 42
2nd HCG 4wk2d 99
3rd HCG 4wk4d 196
4th HCG 4wk6d 540
5th HCH 5wk1d 1600

1st Scan 5wk3d – sac only
2nd Scan 5wk4d – Sac + spot
3rd Scan 6wk3d – measuring 5wk6d, HB 70BPM
4th Scan 7wk1d – measuring 6wk3d, HB 140 BPM
5th Scan 9wk1d - measuring 8wk3d, HB not sure but strong

Good luck to all you strong lovely ladies, I hope you all get your BFP soon and I hope it’s easier than mine ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.