#27 Karlee99

Posted 20 February 2019 - 11:55 AM

Veritas Vinum Arte, on 20 February 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

**** cancer!

THIS^^^^

I'm so sorry your Dad is going through this and you too xxx

#28 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 20 February 2019 - 12:46 PM

ETA this is where being an introvert without close friends sux.

Edited by Veritas Vinum Arte, 20 February 2019 - 08:19 PM.

#29 Twinmum+2

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:31 PM

I'm so sorry this has happened to your Dad.  

I think at this stage if that were me I would be thinking very carefully about palliative options rather than curative ones.  And if your Dad is ok with and has the resources available for a trip to Switzerland then he should be allowed to do that too.  

I hope your family can support each other in this really crappy time xxx

#30 mayahlb

Posted 20 February 2019 - 01:41 PM

I’m so sorry VVA. Cancer ****en sucks. More then sucks actually. And yes if that’s what it is looking like has he had a chance to look at the Pallative options? He’s around the same age as my FIL for has a similar cancer and has stated if it comes back that’s it, it pallative for him :(

#31 froglett

Posted 20 February 2019 - 02:03 PM

Oh bugger. Cancer can just **** right off. I'm so sorry OP.

#32 Chicken Pie

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:25 PM

I’m really sorry OP that’s heartbreaking

#33 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:39 PM

SCC Cancer is in the temporal bone and possibly the brain.

Mass now 2cm. Dad has refused surgery (as cut and remove bone and reinsert a 3D printed bone and possibly remove some of the brain - very risky surgery. His last one was 15hrs and he nearly died, this would be worse). Luckily they have said he can do Chemo again (he responded well to this and did not get sick and his hair actually regrew while doing chemo - hair had fallen out from radiotherapy).

So yes quality of life.

#34 BECZ

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:44 PM

Oh sh*t! So sorry to hear that VVA!

#35 Veritas Vinum Arte

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:49 PM

Yeah. Luckily the current news isn’t unexpected as this was suggested in February (very badly) by a surgeon when mum wasn’t there, and Dad went for a second opinion and at that stage MRI wasn’t showing much. Second opinion said to re-assess 3m later, and this is result... it is now visible 2cm bit.

So fingers crossed Chemo does its wonders again and he gets into an immunotherapy trial.

#36 Lucrezia Borgia

Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:50 PM

i so sorry VVA - **** cancer  

#37 just roses

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:15 PM

I'm really sorry, VVA. What awful news. I really hope your dad responds well to the chemo and that it keeps the cancer in check for a long, long time.

#38 BECZ

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:21 PM

Veritas Vinum Arte, on 23 August 2019 - 06:49 PM, said:

So fingers crossed Chemo does its wonders again and he gets into an immunotherapy trial.

Fingers crossed.

#39 Soontobegran

Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:54 PM

Wishing him so much luck.

#40 FuzzyChocolateToes

Posted 24 August 2019 - 12:31 AM

Sorry to hear this. Hope the chemo goes well for him.

#41 Chicken Pie

Posted 03 September 2019 - 02:52 PM

Sorry to year VVA, fingers crossed treatment goes well

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.