Hi all

New thread time

Previous thread

Regards

Ali

#2 OurTime

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:37 PM

Gold :)

Hope everyone is doing well and coping with m/s etc. I have another scan next week - should be around 10 weeks. Am hoping I will be able to relax a little more then!

#3 mswc101

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

Silver!

I'm 9w1d today. still trotting fine. Get keys to new house tomorrow - moving on weekend. I'm drinks girl - no heavy lifting for me!

Hope all is well in the pregnant mummas world :) xo

#4 mrsJacko

Posted 16 July 2015 - 02:06 PM

Bronze, Ourtime I am getting my 10 week scan next week too :)

mswc101 looks like we are pretty close date wise :)

#5 Lady Sybil Vimes

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:11 PM

Went to my GP today and she's concerned I might have a blighted ovum. I had hyperemesis in my last two pregnancies and she thinks it's suspicious that I've only had mild nausea this time. Trying not to think too hard about what the outcome will be. I feel pregnant and I haven't had any spotting so I'll just wait and see.

#6 mrsJacko

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:41 PM

I only have mild nausea..... that is not a def sign of a missed miscarriage.

If you or they are worried then get a scan now and don't wait til the 12 weeks

#7 Lady Sybil Vimes

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:51 PM

You're right but in the context of my previous hyperemesis pregnancies she was concerned so
It's beta hcg levels tomorrow and then we'll see from there.

#8 SophieBear

Posted 17 July 2015 - 10:57 AM

Lady Sybil Vimes, I hope it's not a sign and just a different pregnancy. FX for you and your bub.

#9 Lady Sybil Vimes

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:11 PM

Thanks! I had bloods this morning so just waiting to hear back. I think I'm okay with whatever happens although impatient to know either way. I feel pretty calm about it but I didn't sleep last night so I guess I'm not as calm as I think I am!

#10 Zachary Quack

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:31 PM

Lady Sybil Vimes I can't give you any advice on not stressing since I am a pro-level worrier. I hope your worry is for nothing though. hugs

#11 blessedfam

Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:40 PM

with 5 pregnancies, the worst morning sickness I ever had was with a blighted ovum. Hoping the bloods were great for you!

Getting a dating scan tomorrow... so nervous!!!!

#12 excitedmumma

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:40 AM

Blessedfam good luck for today!

#13 Zachary Quack

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:53 AM

Good luck Blessedfam!

#14 Mamanuka

Posted 20 July 2015 - 01:52 PM

Good luck Blessedfam and Lady Sybil Vimes!

Lots of scans going on here, I am really looking forward to my first one at 10 weeks just to know where things are at. It's for the NIPS, I think some of you have had that? Never had a tras-v scan before, is it uncomfy?

Not that I am freaked out by uncomfy at this point seeing how uncomfy m/s is - have become totally useless after 7pm at night. My folks are staying and we had these big ideas about date nights, so not happening!

#15 mrsJacko

Posted 20 July 2015 - 02:18 PM

Mamanuka do you means the NIPT blood test?
You need to be past 10 weeks for it so they scan you before to make sure you are measuring over 10 weeks.

By tras-v scan do you mean an internal Ultrasound? It's not great but less uncomfortable than a pap smear.

#16 kensington

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:08 PM

Trans-v is nothing compared to a pap IMO. They give you a sheet to cover yourself with and the "probe" is nothing. They let you pee beforehand too. I was so enthralled in what was happening on the screen i barely even noticed anyone down there.

#17 Lady Sybil Vimes

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:14 PM

My beta-HCG results came back and are fine. I'm still unsure about how this pregnancy is going to progress. I have barely any nausea, not much soreness, some days I don't feel pregnant at all. Compared to my last two pregnancies which were a living nightmare of non-stop nausea, vomiting and (eventually) pre-eclampsia this is very, very strange. Over the weekend I had no symptoms at all and pretty much resigned myself to having a missed miscarriage so I'm feeling like I can't quite trust that I'm pregnant.

I'm seeing my GP on Thursday so I'll ask some more questions then.

#18 mrsJacko

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:22 PM

That's great LSV, when is your first scan booked?

#19 mrsJacko

Posted 20 July 2015 - 04:17 PM

Well that was more painful than necessary. I just had a call from my Hospital to book in my 20 week scan, I will be in Vanutau at my 20 weeks based on IVF dates and when I get back I will be 21, apparently they cant do the scan past 21 weeks?

after a long discussion back and forth and explaining that whilst I will be past 21 weeks from my IVF dates my scan dates are 5 days behind so if I scan at 21 weeks i may still be withing the 20 week timeframe...

they booked me in at least.

why cant a 20 week scan be before 20 weeks or after 21 weeks?

#20 !momo!

Posted 22 July 2015 - 05:58 AM

Mrs Jacko - The 20 week scan can be from 18-20 weeks according to where I go.

http://www.sufw.com....20WeekScan.aspx

You just need to be far enough along that everything they need to check is formed but not too far that it becomes squishy in there so it's hard to get correct measurements.

Edited by !momo!, 22 July 2015 - 06:02 AM.

#21 mrsJacko

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:08 AM

thanks momo, well she must just have been trying to be difficult then!
I could have had it at 19+6 but noooo it had to be 20-20.6.....

#22 kensington

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:24 AM

Got my NIPT results today. We're having a girl! All results were low risk so we're thrilled. It will be DH's second daughter (DSD is 8yo) and my first. Second granddaughter on my side of the family and fifth granddaughter on DH's side. No grandsons in sight lol

#23 mrsJacko

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:05 PM

congrats Kensington :) do you have a name picked yet?

#24 blessedfam

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:50 PM

COngrats Kensington! I have 3 boys and sure another on the way so someone has to do the cute girly stuff for me!

Well I had my scan and there is a baby in there!!! My bladder was too full and had to pee twice to do an internal till we could finally see it. It felt like forever and I was just like find a baby already... PLEASE!
So date confirmed for 19th of Feb. make me 9weeks 4 days I think.
Now on to the 12 week scan. fingers crossed.
We were told our last son had downs at the 20 week scan but when he was born he didn't. So not sure how accurate it all is but don't want to fork out for the blood test.

#25 kensington

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:34 PM

Jacko - no names yet. Hubby's favorite grandmother was kathleen (also a family name - nickname kit) and my favorite great aunt was constance... but i kinda wanted to avoid a C or K name.

Blessed - i told my line manager today of my pregnancy and she told me her son was also at risk of downs at her 20 week scan but was born fine. She thought her odds were 1:400ish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.