Ready Set Go Girls #254

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
199 replies to this topic

#176 Gagingi

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:41 PM

That is exciting Buddkins. So you'll be triggering tonight? You'll probably bloat even more as your eggs mature... So as others have said, best to try to take it easy. As well as hydration I was told to keep the protein up and carbs down. The other thing I'd suggest is that as soon as you've had EPU, try to have some prunes, no added sugar pear juice etc. The follicles will refill after EPU and the real estate down there will be limited and in my experience having everything back in working order before the ET makes you much more comfortable (whether that be day 3 or 5). Good luck!

#177 Buddkins

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:42 PM

Thanks pinki. Ye its so hard isn't it trying to fit a cycle around both schedules makes it really difficult in the end we have had to just accept we take a hit on work as there is never going to be a right time and put ourselves first. had to freeze his sample in case he wasn't around which he isn't so it's good we did!

#178 Buddkins

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:45 PM

Gagini thanks ever so much for your advice!! Will do anything to ensure goes smoothly as possible and be in the best position I can be so will get some prunes and juice! Heard pineapple juice is good too is that correct?

Yes due to trigger tonight ... Just waiting to hear back from the nurse with my time :)

#179 Buddkins

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:34 PM

Triggering tonight and into day surgery for 7am Friday! ET scheduled for next Wednesday with BT 14/9!!!

#180 Gagingi

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:37 PM

Buddkins IMO pineapple is a fertility myth..., but post EPU constipation is common and once you're approaching transfer you don't want such issues. I avoided it this time and my life was so much better! I'd also wonder with them bringing your EPU forward if they were a bit concerned about OHSS (e.g. If you'd kept stimming over the weekend). Pineapple is a carb and that's what I was told to avoid due to OHSS risk. Prunes and pears are carbs too, but they serve a different and very worthwhile purpose. :-)

#181 Buddkins

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:15 PM

Thanks Gagini I will stick with pear juice and prunes then after EPU! Ye I have a polisistic ovary so at great risk for OHSS Ye so think that's why the doctor has decided to proceed because I was even worried myself of developing  more over the weekend as I'm already feeling pretty full and heavy so I'm happy with that decision.

#182 Gagingi

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:34 PM

Hi Kat, I wanted to wish you well with your decision making. We've only ended up with one embie for transfer each time, but we have collected more than two eggs each time. I imagine if both follicles are of a good size then you might get two good eggs and two embies, but of course that would be a best case scenario. For our first cycle we had 7-8 follicles, but only 4 eggs and three were immature. I think you said in an earlier post that you really like your FS, so hopefully he/she can give you some guidance? Have they explained the cost implications if you don't proceed? Sending you hugs, G.

#183 MrsP2014

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:36 AM

buddkins- i second anything to help keep you "regular". sedation and anaesthetic slow your bowels and you don't want to be straining after an EPU.

GAgingi- can you explain the carbs and OHSS risk? i wasn't told anything about it?

AFM- spent yesterday being miserable, nauseated no appetite, and pain despite max pain relief. rang my clinic who were concerned and asked me to go get bloods done to check liver/kidney function as well as full blood pictures. really worried as DH is away all weekend. was advised to take panadiene last night, must have had the best sleep ever as woke up feeling better.

also had our update from the lab, 16 embys going strong, there are a few from the original 21 that are still going but range from a few hours to nearly 24 hours behind. so they will wait till saturday before freezing them.... hopefully they continue progressing well.

baby dust to all

#184 Gagingi

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:37 PM

Hi MrsP

I hope you are still feeling better today.

To answer your question, carbs make you retain water, moreso than protein or fat. That's why people who go on a low carb diet lose so much weight so quickly - it's fluid. I have PCOS and it's probably due to age that I've only had mild OHSS symptoms with each EPU.  This time with less carbs as instructed by the nurse I have faired better. I don't have much of an appetite so I've just been having a boiled egg, scrambled eggs, or a piece of cheese. Last night I had a small piece of chicken. Veges would be fine if you've got an appetite for them, but I'd stear clear of bread and cereal. Prunes and pear juice also have carbs, but the trade off of them is worth it IMO. The nurse also recommended I get sustagen from the chemist if I cannot eat - I've been good with eggs, but if you just cannot eat then maybe you should get some? [I'm not sure if chemist and supermarket sustagen are the same].

I also feel that if i cannot eat a lot, then protein is the best option. I've been told this for my own health previously (e.g. when I had glandular fever) and also by nurses when stimming.  I felt really unwell (exhausted and dizzy) for a couple of days mid-stimming and when I looked at my diet realised I wasn't eating a lot and hadn't been eathing much protein - some of the meds put me off food. I upped protein for a few days and felt heaps better. They recommend 1g protein/kg when pregnant, so I went with that target. Normal guidelines are .75g/kg for women.

The other thing I swear by is hydralyte from the chemist. It replaces electrolytes and hydrates better than water. It helps me with my mild OHSS and also helps relieve constipation from painkilers.

Are you having a fresh transfer this cycle?

G :-)

#185 DarkChyldeKat

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:38 PM

Hello Ladies.

Mrs P put those feet up this weekend and I hope those little guys continue to go strong :)

Gagingi yes I do have a really good relationship with my FS so after the scan tomorrow we will know more.  DH is positive about it but I don't hold up too much hope, but that's just me in general.

Buddkins all the best for tomorrow, hope it all goes well and let us know :)

Safe travels ladies

xxkat

#186 Buddkins

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:17 PM

Mrs P I hope you are still feeling much better since waking up this morning! As Kat said, put those feet up and relax!! Not the easiest to go through with DH not being around but fingers crossed for good growth!!!!

Thanks Kat I am actually pretty excited :) hopefully the 5 days until ET come round quickly! the 2WW will be worse.

#187 THESMD

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:37 PM

MrsP - great numbers on your embies, good luck over the next couple of days.. And take care of yourself.

Kat - all the best for tomorrow's scan, hopefully the extra couple of days stimming has brought a few more forward. I'll be thinking of you.

Buddkins - good luck tomorrow.

#188 pinki

Posted 27 August 2015 - 08:18 PM

Buddkins- good luck tomorrow!

Kat- best wishes to you on tomorrow's scan. Let us know how it goes. My DH is the same way. Always looks on the bright side!

MrsP- wonderful news on the embies!! FX they keep going strong! Let us know when transfer day is.

#189 Gagingi

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:05 AM

Buddkins - best wishes for EPU. So exciting!

Kat - I hope your scan goes well. My fingers are crossed for you.

hugs, G xo

#190 Buddkins

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:36 AM

Thanks ladies!! Just on my way to the hospital now! Couldn't sleep last night - think excitement more than anything!

Best of luck on your scan Kat!

Mrs P hope you are still feeling much better and those embi's continue to grow!!

Sending best wishes to everyone x

#191 Buddkins

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:46 AM

Hi ladies!!

Just getting home now from collection and they got 15 so let's hope some excellent quality ones in the mix!!

Thanks for all your support

#192 THESMD

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:21 PM

Great result Buddkins! Fingers crossed x

#193 Buddkins

Posted 28 August 2015 - 01:53 PM

Just heard from the scientist that 11 are mature and have been injected with my husbands sample so fingers crossed on the fertilisation rates!! Nervous 24 hours to see how they react to the sample!

#194 Gagingi

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:03 PM

Sounding good Buddkins. Fingers crossed.

#195 Tracey57

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:03 PM

Good news Buddkins, FX for you :)

#196 pinki

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:52 PM

Buddkins- great news!! That's a wonderful number. Keeping everything crossed for a awesome fert rate for you!

Just got back from the Dr and all looks good. Fx I get a bleed this weekend and then start shots on Sunday. The clinic said to do them whenever day or night just the same time each day. Anyone have a suggestion? Worried if I do them in the am will feel like crap all day or evening I won't sleep?
I'm on gonal f 300.

#197 Gagingi

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:22 PM

Hi Pinki

I was on Gonal-F 300 and took it in the morning. Whilst the nurses at the clinic said anytime my FS said AM (he wasn't happy with the nurses). G-F is quick and easy as pen, short needle, and not stingy. I don't get many side effects from it now (I might have got a migraine the first cycle, but I react quite a bit to first exposure to a drug and that would have been once it built up in system, so not straight away - I think it was evening - also could have been coincidence). No daytime effects.

You'll probably have EPU in the morning, so if you start in morning you'll have it in your system sooner? Also you'll probably trigger at night? I've taken last G-F dose in morning and then trigger that night.

I picked a time when I thought I'd be home - as its refrigerated. I did have to do a shot in the car this last cycle, but took it in a cold bag.

I read on this forum that you have a 1-hour window, although I take it pretty much on the bell/alarm.

Also if you have air bubble in it, don't worry as instructions tell you what to do and they overfill pen to allow for that. I was also told to hold it in for 10 seconds, to reduce dribble.

That's about it on my G-F knowledge. Good luck!

#198 Elsee

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:55 PM

Hi ladies. I haven't been on here for about a week or so, and wow, so much action!

Budkins, congratulations on a great first EPU. Fingers crossed for fertilisation results.

Pinki, great to hear you are getting to go ahead this cycle. Must be such a relief for you to finally get going.

Kat, how did that scan go?

Gagingi, sorry, I can't quite keep up. Are you in the two week wait yet or still waiting for transfer? Glad to hear things are looking better so far this cycle. Very exciting. x

AFM, today AF started. It was a few days late and so of course I couldn't help get my hopes up just a little that maybe we'd had a natural miracle - even though my head kept telling me it wouldn't happen. Anyway, my head was proved right so off we go again. I called the clinic and am booked in for a scan on the 7 September with FET after that. Fingers crossed for this cycle!

#199 Gagingi

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:21 PM

Hi Elsee - I'm in TWW. Not even a week down and I'm going nuts! Sorry to hear you didn't get a natural miracle, but let's hope your FET is your miracle. I have my BT on 7/9, so an important day for both of us. xo

Edited by Gagingi, 28 August 2015 - 06:22 PM.

#200 Gagingi

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:26 PM

Mrs Prawn - how are you feeling? Any update?

Kat - how did your scan go? Thinking of you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.