Clomid & OI #122

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
186 replies to this topic

#176 Ksout

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:25 PM

In the middle of BDing week here at the moment. No real signs of ovulation as yet but I'm CD13 or 14 today I think. Can't remember which lol. It's on the app on my phone.

I've been doing some reading on Letrozole and wondering if I should talk to the Doc about switching to that next month. Research I've read indicated better success in PCOS sufferers than clomid and better uterine lining etc. Also less chance of miscarriage.

Has anyone had any experience with it at all? I'm really hoping this month works. I'm sick of seeing pregnant women everywhere and not being one of them. Doesn't help there's a woman here at work who is about 13 weeks at the moment so I have that in my face everyday which is super hard.

#177 maybebaby17

Posted 27 August 2015 - 04:41 PM

Ksout... i dont have any experiemce with Letrozole sorry. I cant believe how many pregnant women i see. I would say at least 3 different ones every day and thats just to and from work. My friend just announced she is 13 weeks. She fell pregnant 2nd month. So lucky. Good luck with the bd, fxd this is your month!

Tia... great news!! Hopefully it works for you this month :)

Stace... glad to hear you're keen to get back into it. Hopefully AF arrives on time for you.

Sweet_cass.. sorry ive never taken provera so cant help you im afraid. Good luck

Good luck EMM...hope it works for you.

AFM, have had three days of temp rising so FF has indicated ovulation was Monday, which makes sense as i had a positive opk sun night/monday morning. I have my FS follow up appointment (from lap) on Monday so im going to ask him for a progesterone blood test as that will be 7dpo. At least then ill know for sure. Kinda excited that i might have Od on my own. If thats the case, i might take break from clomid to see if i have a normal cycle. This cycle is a bit weird due to lap. I will still be hanging around if you dont mind. Im sure ill end up back on it as we decided we wouldnt be looking at IVF until next year.

So here i am at 3dpo in the TTW again. Researching pregnancy success after laparoscopy,which i know i shouldnt be. So hard not to get my hopes up. I should be numb to bfns now. Will see what happens. If i get bt confirmation of O i will test next Sunday (fathers day).

Sounds like we are around the same time Tia.

Goodluck everyone.

Edited by maybebaby17, 27 August 2015 - 04:42 PM.

#178 stace_wa

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:49 PM

Kscout, this will be my 4th cycle in Letrezole and so far not 1 bfp. To be fair, I've had great cycles, definitely ovulating and good hormone levels through out the cycle. FS has been happy with follicles, lining and hormones, so unexplained why there has been no bfp yet 😢 I've had basically no side effects from it which is nice. I'm on a trigger and leuteal phase support too which is less nice, but the Letrezole itself has been fine

Edited by stace_wa, 27 August 2015 - 07:49 PM.

#179 Sweet_Cassiopeia

Posted 27 August 2015 - 07:58 PM

Ksout  - sorry can't help with Letrozole... I'm using clomid 100mg + metformin. Pregnant women everywhere even in FB, 5 of my friends announced that they are pregnant. Hoping it'll be my turn next month...

AF due tom, had cramps all day :( ...  But had to take HPT just to make sure before taking provera. I'm not expecting for BFP, Nahhhh I'm lying :)) Still hoping ;)

Baby dust to everyone!

Edited by Sweet_Cassiopeia, 27 August 2015 - 07:59 PM.

#180 red femme

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:30 AM

hi all, and happy friday! yay for the weekend!

i'm still reeling a little from my FS appt yesterday, i've been diagnosed with PCOS. which i wasn't expecting as i don't really have any 'symptoms' (other than sporadic acne). but it turns out i'm one of the small percentage of women who has it and is otherwise healthy and normal levels of androgens (my FS called it 'the thin version' - my BMI is 21.6) and it's fairly mild. but the more we talked about it the more it started to make sense, especially as my family has a history of pancreas problems and they are all overweight or obese, it's why i put on a couple of kilos when i came off the pill despite my diet and exercise regime still being tight, and why i have a pot belly no matter what i do and always have and always will struggle to lose weight.

as far as fertility goes it's at the lower end of seriousness so i'm thankful for that, i have eggs which is the main thing. my lining is thin, literally everything has been 'dormant' for 4 months so i dont' have to do provera and bring on a period and got a script for clomid straight away, so i'll start my first pill tonight, so today goes from CD121 to CD5! which is exciting!!! i asked if there were any dangers with this lining being 'old' and she said no, so DH and i can now start trying in earnest!

the only thing i'm worried about is CM as i'm not sure how i'll go with that, after a few lots of gyno surgery (recurrent bartholin cysts) i have trouble down there and we have to use lube nearly every time (sorry for TMI) which i know can impede sperm mobility, and i'm not sure if that will also mean i make less of my own CM so i'm thinking i might jump online later today and see if i can buy some sperm friendly lube - does anyone have any recommendations on what to get and where to get it?!

so i'm excited that after more than 6 months we actually get our first shot at TTC, but also a bit upset that i now have this lifelong condition that i have to monitor and manage through diet and exercise and potentially the pill whenever i don't want to actively ttc!

we're doing a day travelling around wineries tomorrow with friends so i'll take plenty of cheese and make the most of it while i can! as wayne and garth would say... game on!

big hugs and baby dust to everyone, thanks for listening xx

Edited by red femme, 28 August 2015 - 10:35 AM.

#181 maybebaby17

Posted 28 August 2015 - 12:47 PM

Sorry red femme, i forgot you were already here so ignore my previous post on the other board x

#182 Guest_tia44_*

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:30 PM

Hi girls, so I'm CD23 & looks like ovulation occurred CD21 even though it's normally CD19!!

Anyways Rang the doctor, going for bloods next week to make sure I ovulated and see if it was a strong one!

He said if I'm not pregnant this time then he wants me to come in and run some more tests!! Worried I'll get bad news. He sounded a bit shocked that I wasn't pregnant from last cycle considering my blood result was like 170 or something!!

I'm so worried I will have to go to Ivf!! This sucks. I'm over it!

Red femme : I use pre-seed, sperm friendly apparently best on the market. I have the same problem.

Edited by tia44, 28 August 2015 - 04:32 PM.

#183 maybebaby17

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:48 PM

Tia..  fxd for you this time!! Has DH had a SA? I would say thats the next step and maybe he may recommend a lap and tube check. Hopefully you wont have to go down the next road.

Red Femme. ..i use concieve plus which is great. i buy it online. I did try another one prior but cant remember its name but it was really thick and gluggy.

#184 Guest_tia44_*

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:23 PM

Maybe baby : doctor is sending me form for him to get checked, but he said because I have been pregnant prior he should be fine.

#185 Guest_tia44_*

Posted 28 August 2015 - 05:32 PM

View Postmaybebaby17, on 28 August 2015 - 04:48 PM, said:

Tia..  fxd for you this time!! Has DH had a SA? I would say thats the next step and maybe he may recommend a lap and tube check. Hopefully you wont have to go down the next road.

Red Femme. ..i use concieve plus which is great. i buy it online. I did try another one prior but cant remember its name but it was really thick and gluggy.

Question. Are you asleep when they do lap and tube procedures ?? Done seperatley or together ?

#186 maybebaby17

Posted 28 August 2015 - 06:32 PM

oh yes Tia... that's right. I thought the same with DH and so his was fine. I guess its just another box to tick. My DH's were very good actually, the FS even asked him if he wanted to hang the results up in the pool room! Hopefully no problem for yours either.

The lap and tube test is done together under general anaesthetic. I am so glad I had it done before spending money on more invasive procedures as the endo was likely playing a part. Its so frustating that we know we are Oing but no BFPs. I sometimes think what the hell is happening in there? Is the sperm sleeping when the egg goes past?? Seriously.

If I get confirmation that I O'd this month, I am going to be dissapointed if I don't get a BFP, as we bdd day before, day of and day after ovulation! Which is amazing for us. I struggle most times for every second day with DH. I was out of action for a week and a half for my lap so I guess that helped him, as he was more keen that usual lol

#187 Guest_tia44_*

Posted 28 August 2015 - 07:29 PM

I understand completely maybebaby, so fustrating. Hopefully his SA score is good!! My partner is a smoker so hopefully that won't mean bad news 😨

Well as long as I can't feel it then I'm ok with doing it!! Fx we get our bfps really soon Fx Fx Fx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Top 5 Viewed Articles

Advertisement

Advertisement

Essential Baby and Essential Kids is the place to find parenting information and parenting support relating to conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids, maternity, family budgeting, family travel, nutrition and wellbeing, family entertainment, kids entertainment, tips for the family home, child-friendly recipes and parenting. Try our pregnancy due date calculator to determine your due date, or our ovulation calculator to predict ovulation and your fertile period. Our pregnancy week by week guide shows your baby's stages of development. Access our very active mum's discussion groups in the Essential Baby forums or the Essential Kids forums to talk to mums about conception, pregnancy, birth, babies, toddlers, kids and parenting lifestyle. Essential Baby also offers a baby names database of more than 22,000 baby names, popular baby names, boys' names, girls' names and baby names advice in our baby names forum. Essential Kids features a range of free printable worksheets for kids from preschool years through to primary school years. For the latest baby clothes, maternity clothes, maternity accessories, toddler products, kids toys and kids clothing, breastfeeding and other parenting resources, check out Essential Baby and Essential Kids.